That's an odd LFG :\

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Someone is posting in an open world LFG that they want a 250 stack of ectos for 91g. 6g above TP cost.

1. Why would you just not buy it for 85g from the TP?

2. There were two people in the group. Did someone see the post and say, “Hey, that’s a good deal! I’d like to spend 6 more gold for a stack of ectos then I need to!” and join the group?

:|

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

The trading post, as is, was put into the game with the added benefit of reducing scams. It happened so often in GW1 (first 2 years, dunno after that) Anet was about sick of trying to pigeonhole transactions in order to prevent a lot of it. So this is one of the major reasons GW2 does not have open trading.

Now, with all that said, anyone falling for open trade via mail scams has absolutely no one to fault but themselves and their gullibility. That doesn’t mean it isn’t reportable, but it does mean they were given the tools to avoid this.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

And I thought it would be about the actual LFG where people are asking for 6k AP players in CoF p1 or 20k AP players for Arah.

Posted by: Elsdragon.5109

Elsdragon.5109

Yeah, that sounds like a scam if I ever heard one.

1 – “Send me the ectos first.”
2 – “Alright.” … “So you sending the gold?”
1 leaves party
blocks 2

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Trade scam?

Attempt to make people pull ecto stacks from market?

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Elsdragon.5109

Elsdragon.5109

I’d laugh so hard if the person who bought the ectos from the market to “sell” to this guy was actually buying it from the guy.

“Thanks for your gold and my ectos back!”

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Ah, OK. I’d never seen it before, thought it was odd. Was looking for some help with a few open world things and saw it and found it really odd.