The Ascended Difference

The Ascended Difference

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

For awhile now I’ve gotten mixed numbers on how much of a difference ascended weapons will make, so I decided to calculate it out myself. Using the build found here:
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/guardian/?3.0|1.5g.0.0.0.0|0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0|5g.a7.5g.a7.5g.a7.5g.a7.5g.a7.5g.a7.d19.d19.d19.d19.d19.d19|2s.d19.2s.d19.3s.d19.2s.d19.3s.d19.2s.d19|u000.u000.a0.0.0|0.0|0.0.0.0.0|e

It can be gathered that (at least in WvW) that ascended will make a significant difference. The build used there has all ascended gear in a full berserker format. Changing only the weapon, the damage (on an enemy with 2000 armor) goes from 984 to 1037 (with Strike, the basic #1 attack with a Guardian), which is 53 more damage per attack. Feel free to correct my math, but if it is correct that calculates out to 5% more damage. Just thought I’d share my research here.

The Ascended Difference

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

…yes, since the base weapon damage got increased between exotic and ascended by 5%, the end damage after changing weapon will also go up by 5% (or a little bit more, depending on the stat set on the weapon). You don’t need to calculate it for specific builds. Those calculations are necessary only when stat increases become an issue – so, when using a full ascended set, for example.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

The Ascended Difference

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

i wont even use traits or sigils or runes that give a 5% dam bonus,
so i’m not going to bother with ascended either.

my definition of “significant” differs from yours.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

The Ascended Difference

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

If you use zerker, the base weapon damage gets boosed to around 15% because of the synergy between power, precision, and critical damage. (This is zerker pre-nerf.) It’s significant.

The Ascended Difference

Posted by: Aajolea.8132

Aajolea.8132

So only the weapon adds 5%, what about a full asc set vs a full exotic set, That the will be the full asc impact.

The Ascended Difference

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

i wont even use traits or sigils or runes that give a 5% dam bonus,
so i’m not going to bother with ascended either.

my definition of “significant” differs from yours.

You misunderstand, that 5% difference, is with just the weapon. With all of the armor, it will end up being a lot higher. Say, 10% (a low estimate) in WvW zergs will make a large difference.

The Ascended Difference

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

If you take gear stats that don’t have an equivelant exotic jewel upgrade (such as Rabid), then upgrading Trinkets to Ascended Quality actually makes quite a substantial difference between Exotic and Ascended, especially when you are trying to optimize your gear stat to a specific combination (in this case Condition Damage, Toughness, Precision)

Some gear stats don’t have ascended Trinkets yet, or a exotic jewel upgrade (such as Magi) so the difference is even worse.

The Ascended Difference

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

Tbh i don’t get the point of this thread’s topic.If you think ascended makes such a difference,make your own ascended.

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

The Ascended Difference

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Are you comparing just an ascended weapon or a full ascended set against a non-ascended set.

Because anyone can get an ascended amulet, and many people have either ascended rings from fractals or ascended earrings from Guild missions. You can even get an ascended backpiece if you do enough fractals.

Is that taken into account or are we talking full ascended vs. no ascended?

The Ascended Difference

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Are you comparing just an ascended weapon or a full ascended set against a non-ascended set.

5% calculated by the OP is just for a weapon (and without even considering stat increases on the weapon – though those are really small anyway). Full ascended is between 10-20% dps increase, depending on stats used (direct dps – condi builds are not so lucky), 2-4% damage reduction, and (again, depending on stat sets) possibly some small increases to healing, hit points etc (due to bad scaling those are at best minor, though).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November