The Best Thing About Guildwars 2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

To me is..
THE MUSIC

That Jeremy Soule guy is an amazing composer.
I mean I turn off the game and tunes are still playing in my head.

I would buy this music on its own and be like, this is the best contemporary music to date. Jeremy Soule needs to be nominated for a Grammy.

(edited by Rizzy.8293)

Posted by: Calavera.1086

Calavera.1086

I’m also loving the sound design of this game. I started two topics about things I like in this game but nobody seems to pay much attention to threads that are not about grind, endgame, (insert your whine here).

Posted by: Khat.9327

Khat.9327

I for one, would liek to hear more tracks, different tracks on the maps. i often crooze around the same areas and hear the same track over and over again .. wtb some moar plz <3

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

I’m also loving the sound design of this game. I started two topics about things I like in this game but nobody seems to pay much attention to threads that are not about grind, endgame, (insert your whine here).

Maybe they just don’t appreciate music with some old man who thinks hes 17 and hair down to one side of his face screaming into the microphone about “relationships”?

I dunno, but this is the best contemporary stuff I’ve heard from any game. Heck its the best part of the game really, sitting at Hoelbrak and chatting with the music playing

Posted by: Easterlily.5836

Easterlily.5836

I think the best thing about the game is that it is like it is.
I wouldnt play it if it would’ve been like Guild Wars 1.

But if I have to choose something, then it has to be that the leveling is explore-based. The PvP systems is also very good. Better than games like World of Warcraft, where its the gear that makes the difference.

You always continue forward, but there will be curves before you reach the end of the road.

Posted by: Adzy.8370

Adzy.8370

the music i do hear is awesome. but i have experienced many times during the game that there is a significant lack of music and really wished there was an epic track in the background for that x factor.

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Needed less gw1 music in random places.

Ill hear the ascalonian music while inside sparkfly. That’s just silly.

Or the krytan music while in the middle of fireheart rise…

also my two favorite tracks ive only heard a grand total of twice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuKsDVNuRjs
which I only recall hearing during the searing caldron effigy fight.

and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzoLP8Hb66k
which I heard during a random battle in frostgorge sound…

The charr theme that I heard when you fight the shatterer iskittengood though.

Posted by: shingui.4197

shingui.4197

Funny enough, i find the music to be the weakest point of the game, in certian parts anyway. While some of the music is great, hardly any of it gets played at the appropriate times.
Example: the battle of fort Trinity.
This quest is supposed to be an epicly big battle, where you’re fighting back against Zhaitain and show the big bad dragon you mean business, and what music are you subjected to throughout the entire mission?

low humming noises…

EPIC!!!

Posted by: Raehvyn.4530

Raehvyn.4530

I was in the charr starter zone. I picked up an unexploded mortar shell and then panned the camera up. As soon as very soft gentle music came on the charr launched two mortars at me.

So to the tune of gentle relaxing music were two arcing mortars coming down on my head. It was like some Saving Private Ryan craziness!

[NoPe] Jello Gangsta Cosby.Cute Lil Pookiebear
“Check your inbox. Infractions for everyone!” – Oprah

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

My favourite thing about GW2 would be all the little areas in the game where you can tell the developer spent a little bit more time working on it, to tell a story or flesh out the world, craft a bit of a soul into it. Things which make me see past (or just completely forget about) the mechanics of the game and take in the experience, that really immerse me in the game and the world of Tyria. I really liked the dolyak graveyard in Harathi Hinterlands, the dialogue between the grandfather and his son was a really cool piece of the world to witness and it made me interested in exploring the are more. I forgot about levelling, gathering, progression and all other objectives and was just taken in by that part of the world. When I come across things like that, those are the best things about GW2.

As far as the music goes, I really like when I hear a nostalgic tune from GW1. The shiverpeaks sometimes play a tune I’m very familair with, the same with Kryta and Lion’s Arch with the occasional pre-searing tune thrown in. To me the nostalgic tunes are the best.

Posted by: Fox.1054

Fox.1054

The best sound tracks are remixes from GW1 tracks. It doesn’t really feel as good as it used to, all the random people running around and the sound effect spam kinda ruins the mood for me.