The Body (here there be spoilers)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Of you know who. At the end of the Personal Story.

Where is it? Who – if anyone – has possession of it? What’s the Pact doing now? I can’t believe I’m asking this, but where’s Trahearne and what’s he doing? Anybody know?

Attachments:

The table is a fable.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

It does open new posibilities for where the story can go. Look at the zephyrites, according to the short story, the crystals they use to get all those new powers are shards of glint’s body found where she died. If such magic can be harnessed from a mere dragon champion, imagine what could be done with the body of an elder dragon.

Of course, that is assuming it really died… for all we know his body might have been destroyed but his essence might live on, Sauron style..

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Did you really think that was the end of Zhaitan, the Elder Dragon of Undeath?

He’s still around. No doubt licking his wounds somewhere in the deepest depths of the City of the Gods.

Posted by: Late For Tea.1846

Late For Tea.1846

Did you really think that was the end of Zhaitan, the Elder Dragon of Undeath?

He’s still around. No doubt licking his wounds somewhere in the deepest depths of the City of the Gods.

I hope not. I want to go back to Cantha and Elona in not too long, instead of spending 10 years beating these dragons.

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

I hope not. I want to go back to Cantha and Elona in not too long, instead of spending 10 years beating these dragons.

You make it sound like we’ve done anything relevant…We haven’t even been doing that.

Personal Story ended. That’s it. That’s all of the old GW lore you’re going to get. Now it’s this new Story that may take place in the same world as GW but isn’t GW.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

Tachenon.5270

Any speculation on how the other known Elder Dragons go about feeding on magic? Do they do so through their minions, as Big Z did, or…?

Do the champion dragons also feed on magic – and if so, how can magic weapons defeat them?

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

Any speculation on how the other known Elder Dragons go about feeding on magic? Do they do so through their minions, as Big Z did, or…?

Do the champion dragons also feed on magic – and if so, how can magic weapons defeat them?

Silly questions are silly. You find magic orbs that seem to “magically” counter their magic that allows you to turn the tide of war. But that all applies to fighting Dragons, which we’ve resigned ourselves NOT to doing so no point in thinking about it.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Silly questions are silly. You find magic orbs that seem to “magically” counter their magic that allows you to turn the tide of war. But that all applies to fighting Dragons, which we’ve resigned ourselves NOT to doing so no point in thinking about it.

Did you just pull a dragonlance with the Dragon Orb Ref?

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

They’re faffing about in Limbo since all the decent writers left Anet long ago. Any new dragons will be held back til the expansion. The one touted in the investor call, aka the only place anet can’t tell lies since they’re reporting to their boss Ncsoft.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Tachenon.5270

Well, silly or not, the point being: if dragons consume magic, then isn’t attacking them with magic and magic weapons kind of like attacking Fat Kitten (from the Austin Powers movies) with pie and ice cream? Although I suppose if enough people threw enough pie at him even he would eventually succumb to the assault.

The table is a fable.