The Breached Wall is just too much

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Anwar.2018

Anwar.2018

I’m getting too old for these games I guess, just spent hours trying to get the skill point and vista for Breached Wall, finally got the skill point and missed the last jump.

I’m worn out, I feel I wasted $60 Christmas and worse, wasted hours on a Saturday night. MMORPGs have been my favorite type of games for many years. But the stores have ruined them, probably something in there that lets you jump further.

My conclusion is that an overly difficult jumping quest is not fun..not even a little bit….it’s just frustrating …and if the quests are this hard at level 25, there’s no way I’ll be able to play to whatever top level is. (BTW did you guys just do something that cripples you if a mob sneezes on you?)

Well, whatever dev designed that…pat yourself on the back if your purpose was to drive away anyone without that good ol’ hardcore twitch. Guess you showed me. This kind of difficulty is why I don’t play FPS. Well, I’ll go play a RT strategy game…love those, all thinking, no jumping….and try this again if I upgrade my system, it may be my computer is getting old too.

(edited by Anwar.2018)

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

If you think the Breached wall was bad. Wait till you get to the Vizer tower.

Also, you are not required to get a skill point or vista. They are rewards for you if you did it. If you did not enjoy the difficulty of the challenge, you don’t have to get either of these.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: rattenbart.7483

rattenbart.7483

You could try and find yourself a mesmer porting you up there…

Posted by: Uncle Salty.6342

Uncle Salty.6342

But, you don’t celebrate Christmas! giggles Jokes aside.

Pretty much all vistas and hard to find areas have their place on youtube. The next time you encounter something hard, pop the name of the vista/poi w/e in, and I assure you there’s bound to be a video guide out there within the first page of searching.

That would remove a large part of your frustrations and enjoy the game again. And don’t tell him that it’s not compulsory he can move on etc etc. Not everyone enjoys leaving things half done.

That’s as practical as telling an angry man to calm down.

Googled: guild wars 2 breached wall vista
Got this on the first result.

Now if you’re refering to the actual jumping itself being too hard for you, I.. can’t help you there.

(edited by Uncle Salty.6342)

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

i find that one, one of the hardest in game, so it doesn’t get much worse than that. you can relax and enjoy the game. runeblade’s comment can go ignored, because he is probably jp lover who is trying to brag.

Posted by: Angryjanitor.5940

Angryjanitor.5940

Its probably a good thing you weren’t around for halloween.

Posted by: Anwar.2018

Anwar.2018

Sadly, it IS the jumping. As you get older, figuring things out doesn’t get harder…getting your hands to do exactly what you want quickly and perfectly does.

Posted by: Uncle Salty.6342

Uncle Salty.6342

Well, in all honesty, if you’re keen on completing it, or other similar endeavors I suggest a good roll of leather hide and bite hard.

Good luck :P

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

That one isn’t hard at all…? There’s maybe one questionable jump in the whole thing. If you want unfair try opening the chest at Gryphon Rook Run. That one can go kitten itself with a bottle rocket.

That said, you don’t have to grab everything in every map. Especially skill points. You get an endless supply of those. If you don’t do well jumping don’t do jumping related content.

Posted by: Satakal.6971

Satakal.6971

All those easy vistas that you get with like three jumps teach you that rewards come easy and that you are basically entitled to earn them with minimal effort, those ones are really the problem. This is one of the better vista/skill challenges/achievements in the game and I’m sorry you got frustrated, you have to just take a breath and try it again tomorrow if it’s that important to you. It’s not going anywhere.

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

Anwar, if you don’t mind doing them on another character, save them for an engineer. When you have a rifle equipped, the #5 skill Jump Shot is pure cheating for jumping puzzles.

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Hi Anwar, I would like to encourage you to not give up. I think you can do it.

What class are you playing? Most classes have tools that can assist with jumping through either swiftness, a passive speed buff, or some kind of leap/jumping ability.

Also, they slower movement (and hence shorter jumps) is something that is in combat, and you do need to be aware of that. If your utility bar doesn’t give you the switch options, you are still in combat, so watch your jumps!

Lastly, If you do feel the frustration kicking in, I find that my quality of jumping goes down. Take a small breather! Do something that you know you can do and you have success doing, and when you feel like you’re on a mentally even keel again, take another crack at it.

Best of luck!

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Rynn.1324

Rynn.1324

Keep in mind, vistas, skill point locations, and the jumping puzzles are all optional – if you’re having difficulty with them, there’s nothing wrong with skipping them.

However, if you really want to complete them, you may want to consider using profession abilities instead of standard jumping for some of the harder leaps. For example, engineers have Jump Shot when using a rifle that not only gives you about twice as much jumping range (horizontal only, that is) as normal, but also gives you a nice little visual indicator of where you’ll land, as long as you don’t have Fast-Cast Ground Targeting turned on.

[Tarnished Coast] Lizzibeth Huffles, Asuran Genius (Engineer) at Play

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

I’m getting too old for these games I guess, just spent hours trying to get the skill point and vista for Breached Wall, finally got the skill point and missed the last jump.

I’m worn out, I feel I wasted $60 Christmas and worse, wasted hours on a Saturday night. MMORPGs have been my favorite type of games for many years. But the stores have ruined them, probably something in there that lets you jump further.

My conclusion is that an overly difficult jumping quest is not fun..not even a little bit….it’s just frustrating …and if the quests are this hard at level 25, there’s no way I’ll be able to play to whatever top level is. (BTW did you guys just do something that cripples you if a mob sneezes on you?)

Well, whatever dev designed that…pat yourself on the back if your purpose was to drive away anyone without that good ol’ hardcore twitch. Guess you showed me. This kind of difficulty is why I don’t play FPS. Well, I’ll go play a RT strategy game…love those, all thinking, no jumping….and try this again if I upgrade my system, it may be my computer is getting old too.

It’s called a skill CHALLENGE.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

i find that one, one of the hardest in game, so it doesn’t get much worse than that. you can relax and enjoy the game. runeblade’s comment can go ignored, because he is probably jp lover who is trying to brag.

Have you done the one with the disappearing platforms in Southsun Cove? That is probably the hardest jumping puzzle in the game right now aside from the clock tower, which isn’t accessible right now. The Breached Wall is challenging but I would probably put that on the same level as the other jumping puzzle at Diessa Plateau.

There are also a few others that are more challenging than the Breached Wall. You’ve got Goemm’s lab, Dark Reverie, and Tribulation Caverns. Dark Reverie is hard because you have to do Morgan’s Vigil right before it. If you fail and die doing Dark Reverie you have to do Morgan’s Vigil again just to get back to where you were. The same is true of Tribulation Caverns.

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

It’s NOT optional if he is trying to complete the map, or complete all maps, which is a requirement to obtain those two thingies that count if you are going for a legendary.

My old lower spec computer failed completely on jumping as the screen view was awful most of the time, since I got the new comp it’s better but yeah being an older gamer doesn’t make it fun to try and do these puzzles- besides which, I thought jumping games were pretty much covered by Mario on a handheld and we had moved on from platform games?

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Posted by: Fiennes.9568

Fiennes.9568

It’s NOT optional if he is trying to complete the map, or complete all maps, which is a requirement to obtain those two thingies that count if you are going for a legendary.

My old lower spec computer failed completely on jumping as the screen view was awful most of the time, since I got the new comp it’s better but yeah being an older gamer doesn’t make it fun to try and do these puzzles- besides which, I thought jumping games were pretty much covered by Mario on a handheld and we had moved on from platform games?

It is optional, as legendaries are optional. Trite responses aside I can only imagine that older gamers (or those with lower-end PCs) may have issues with certain aspects of the game, but to remove them or make them easy for that demographic seems a bit asinine to me. The OP said himself, he managed to get the Skill point and missed the last jump. That must have been pretty frustrating and I guarantee you if he’d made that last jump, he’d not have been posting here. I’m 99% certain this thread exists because of the frustration at him/her self for missing the final part, rather than an objective criticism.

There are jumping puzzles I have still to complete, because I’ve stormed out going “F- This for a game of soldiers”, after multiple failures. I didn’t start a thread about it though because the issue lies with me – not the game.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

It is a pain I agree. I recommend leaving it and coming back later. The race of your toon also impact, for me my silvari is easiest due to how I use the camera. Others find the little assuri as the best to use in those situations.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Well maybe a player that isn’t able to complete a simple (yes, simple) Jumping Puzzle doesn’t deserve the highest achievement in the game, a legendary?

You see, maybe it’s because I’m 20, maybe because I play a lot, but I find the game too easy. Most jumping puzzles offer no mental/mechanical challenge, and don’t get me started on skill -challenges-. And I’m no pro mlg twitch player, I find myself an average gamer in terms of skill. So since the two of us coexist in the same game, the developer can’t 100% please any of us, unless they start making easy/hard modes of everything, which is very time-taxing. I’d say that older/less skillful players are already favored not only in GW2 (see Halloween’s JP vs Christmas’ one), but in the whole freaking game industry ( see SNES to Wii ), why do we have to remove any glimpse of challenge in the few hard vistas/challenges remaining?

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

Posted by: ReMortis.4287

ReMortis.4287

Yep, you could ask any mesmer in the area or if you’re in a guild (Which I’d recommend) to portal you up there for a small tip. I’m sure they wouldn’t mind. If I had a mesmer I’d be glad to help you out now that Server Guesting is a feature.

I am The No.

Posted by: Twaddlefish.6537

Twaddlefish.6537

Breached Wall can be a pain if you don’t know where you’re going, and it’s not one of the easiest by any stretch.

The one after Morgan’s Leap, Tribualtion Scaffolding and that kitten Clock Tower make this one look easy.

Keep at it, you can do it!

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

There’s nothing but speed boosters to help you jump in the store. Swiftness is much better than that and nobody needs any speed bonus to do any jumping puzzle

If theres a big problem, pay a mesmer to portal you. I’m sure they’d be glad to have 10s which is more than the 5s in garbage gear you get from a bad puzzle chest.

Failing all that just keep trying. It took me over an hour of constant trying to get the clocktower done, and then I did it over 100 times just for the Trick-or-treat bags and fun.

(edited by Chickenshoes.6250)

Posted by: Jezath.7395

Jezath.7395

I have some good news this perhap[s might be getting a look at. In the jumping puzzle thread a develepor has stated that having hard to reach vistas wasent really the intention and they perhaps might look at moving them nearer the start of jump puzzles for those few that are hard to get too.. Go check the thread

Tis not what they can do for you
Tis only what you can do for all

Posted by: Jezath.7395

Jezath.7395

message mne ingame ill come and guest and help u do it... thwere is one section of that puzzle that is helpful to have a haste on you. my banners will provide it or bring another warrior.

Tis not what they can do for you
Tis only what you can do for all

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I just reattempted this, and there were two jumps I found difficult and one cheat which made it work. Another which I keep on hand.

- Have some skill that gives you Swiftness for long jumps, because it makes that easier.

- After the first climb, there is a spot where you cross two arched windows, and you can jump from the top of one arch to the other instead of where you are supposed to go (across and down) which makes it much easier.

I found the “Grendich Gamble” much more annoying at the second-to-last corner . . . seemed it was too tight a vertical space to jump around.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Twaddlefish.6537

Twaddlefish.6537

I have some good news this perhap[s might be getting a look at. In the jumping puzzle thread a develepor has stated that having hard to reach vistas wasent really the intention and they perhaps might look at moving them nearer the start of jump puzzles for those few that are hard to get too.. Go check the thread

I really hope that isn’t the case.

Aside from folks who are disabled who used to post about the JPs on launch, if you can’t do them you either a) get better by playing/practicing or b) give up. I don’t want my game experience diluted and the fact that you see world completionists everywhere shows they’re perfectly doable with a little patience.

Posted by: An Oak Knob.1275

An Oak Knob.1275

Seriously?!

This is like the EASIEST jumping puzzle in the entire game. Even Totalbiscuit and the yogcast did it kind of fast.

Now, ill show you a truely hard jumping puzzle ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSoGSmdqTn0

This one takes like 10min if you rush it, but anyone who’s first on it, it takes like 20min without mistakes. The reward was worth it though, like 8 chests.

Edit; I did sharkmaw alone, but by checking on youtube for a guide. I took it nice and slow, and yes, there was lots of chest rewards at the end.

(edited by An Oak Knob.1275)

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Seriously?!

This is like the EASIEST jumping puzzle in the entire game. Even Totalbiscuit and the yogcast did it kind of fast.

Now, ill show you a truely hard jumping puzzle ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSoGSmdqTn0

This one takes like 10min if you rush it, but anyone who’s first on it, it takes like 20min without mistakes. The reward was worth it though, like 8 chests.

. . . there aren’t chests involved here, that I’m aware of. Not for the skill point, vista, and achievement.

Also, some people find it hard, some find it easy. I found I didn’t have too much trouble with Sharkmaw after I got past that initial drop (Having a class that could use a torch weapon helps )

The most I can say? See if you can get a friend with a mesmer who is better to help you out if you really can’t do it and need the vista/skill point. And keep em on the speed dial for when you get to Orr.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

The breached wall is not that hard. I’m absolutely terrible at jumping puzzles and I did it on my newb mesmer. The ONLY hard part is one of the last jumps where you need to jump over a gap that will send you back to the beginning if you miss it. It felt like there was a little invisible wall there that blocked me, but 2nd attempt(5mins later) and I made it with no issues.

If this one is giving you issues, never attempt the WvW jumping puzzles. Those are easily 50x harder and make me want to quit playing when I attempt them.

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Don’t jump when you are in combat. Use speed boosts. If you really are having difficulty jumping try buying items like http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Experimental_Rifle or http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Experimental_Telportation_Gun

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Give up on it for now, and continue playing. Return here from time to time to check – after you have done a number of different jumping puzzles in other places, you will find that this one has become significantly easier. You just need to learn jumping mechanics first at some easier places.
(granted, there is one place near the end that can be problematic and might require 2-3 tries. Unfortunately failure here usually causes you to start from beginning).
By the way – that last jump (skillpoint→vista) is easy – you just need to remember it’s there.

There are harder JP’s out there, but this one definitely is significantly above average. There are many puzzles, even in higher areas, that are much easier.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: An Oak Knob.1275

An Oak Knob.1275

Give up on it for now, and continue playing. Return here from time to time to check – after you have done a number of different jumping puzzles in other places, you will find that this one has become significantly easier. You just need to learn jumping mechanics first at some easier places.
(granted, there is one place near the end that can be problematic and might require 2-3 tries. Unfortunately failure here usually causes you to start from beginning).
By the way – that last jump (skillpoint->vista) is easy – you just need to remember it’s there.

There are harder JP’s out there, but this one definitely is significantly above average. There are many puzzles, even in higher areas, that are much easier.

significantly above average?
it’s still the easiest in the game.

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

the problem with that vista is that it’s also part of a jumping puzzle and yeah, it can be a kitten. I’m not sure what your jumping skills are like, but its easiest on a class with 25% movement speed.

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

I had lots of trouble doing this one on my Norn, I could not make the jump where the letter is, I ended up using a sword skill to get across the gap. I have done this on human sized characters and found it much easier. The issue is the ghosts where the letter is, and the gap you need to jump across, can respawn quite quickly meaning you can spend considerable time in combat in that one spot if you try to fight your way along.

Posted by: Laurelinde.4395

Laurelinde.4395

I’ve done all the vistas and JPs in the game (apart from Halloween and Christmas ones because the timed aspect just annoys/frustrates me and I get too stressed to jump well) and I have to say, I loathe Breached Wall. It’s not the worst one, perhaps, but the constantly spawning ghosts and some of the tricky textures make it very frustrating. I think its difficulty in comparison to other vistas at that level makes it feel more annoying as well – in general the vistas are easier than the JPs, though they increase in difficulty somewhat as you level.

GL if you try again OP, and if you get really stuck see if a friendly mesmer can help you out! The jumping does get easier with practice (and also if you are not a Norn – the difference in jumping on my Sylvari and my Norn is massive.)

Laurelinde & Cookie/Beorna Bearheart
[TWG] – Gunnar’s Hold
Always remember Wheaton’s Law

Posted by: damny.9342

damny.9342

I think its difficulty in comparison to other vistas at that level makes it feel more annoying as well

Same impression here. There are only a few vistas that are also jumping puzzles in the first place, but this one is relatively hard for a vista in a level 15-25 zone where you usually just have to walk up a rock or something. Conversely, while many jumping puzzles are harder, this one has fairly high visibility due to the vista and skill point on top of it, so people are more likely to try it no matter how much they like JPs.

But I’m not sure what to say to someone who throws the towel after one JP. It’s not like there’s nothing else you can do first.

Posted by: Ironvos.9014

Ironvos.9014

I didn’t think it was that difficult actually.
And i’m usually very bad at these sort of things, and back when i did it i ran a lowlvl mesmer without any access to swiftness (what’s a focus? :p).

The halloween puzzle, now that was annoying, cause it was basically on a time limit, so no time to plan ahead, just keep on jumping.
Perma swift classes really had a big advantage there.

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

Have you done the one with the disappearing platforms in Southsun Cove? That is probably the hardest jumping puzzle in the game right now aside from the clock tower, which isn’t accessible right now. The Breached Wall is challenging but I would probably put that on the same level as the other jumping puzzle at Diessa Plateau.

There are also a few others that are more challenging than the Breached Wall. You’ve got Goemm’s lab, Dark Reverie, and Tribulation Caverns. Dark Reverie is hard because you have to do Morgan’s Vigil right before it. If you fail and die doing Dark Reverie you have to do Morgan’s Vigil again just to get back to where you were. The same is true of Tribulation Caverns.

i havent done any jp’s because i have bad PC atm. but here i tought we were talking about SP/vista completions.

Posted by: cdsmith.1072

cdsmith.1072

Annoying pretty much sums that JP up. Unfortunately, there are several more that are just as if not more annoying than that one. The problem I am finding in quite a few areas of GW2 is that there are a lot of annoying things going one. Even after completing the jumping puzzle, event, or whatever, one does not feel a sense of accomplishment just relief that the annoyance is over.

You can see that the puzzle was designed by a developer to be annoying. Maybe they thought it was fun to make a person walk back to the same spot they fell off of 10+ times. All because the jump requires them to be in exactly the right place and then double jump to even have a chance at making it. Then on top of that let’s put a ram that will headbutt you from behind and off the platform to your death. That is another JP to a vista in the Charr lands.

What I see when I see things like that is someone that has way too much love for super mario brothers. This was my biggest worry when they announced that GW2 would have jumping. I knew that some idiot on the dev team would think puzzles like that would be a great idea.

Posted by: damny.9342

damny.9342

i havent done any jp’s because i have bad PC atm. but here i tought we were talking about SP/vista completions.

This is a vista, skill point, and jumping puzzle complete with achievement all in one.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

That one was fairly easy for me.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

What you need, op, is someone who knows it well that can go with you and show you tricks for the tougher jumps. Every puzzle has little tricks people learn to make it easier. I’d be more than happy to take you through this and help you knock it out, and if all else fails and we just can’t get you through it…I do have a mesmer we’ll get it done one way or another lol

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Sadly, it IS the jumping. As you get older, figuring things out doesn’t get harder…getting your hands to do exactly what you want quickly and perfectly does.

I’ve been frustrated at that one, also. I’m old … and have arthritis in my fingers. The last jump is doable, even so. I’ll admit that failing that far in, with the prospect of having to do all that kitten again is frustrating, but it’s just a game … try again when you’re rested, or not. Either way, don’t let it ruin your day.

Posted by: Fiennes.9568

Fiennes.9568

significantly above average?
it’s still the easiest in the game.

You’re not seriously suggesting that Breached Wall is easier than Urmaug’s Secret, are you?

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

I got to the part where his camera started going nuts and I stopped watching…this is exactly my problem with so much of the jumping in this game. Half of the time you’re fighting the camera, terrible misleading surfaces, and stiff jump mechanics rather than some legit challenge of the puzzle itself. Personally I’d like to see more of these emphasize more “puzzle” than awkward jumping. For half of these someone may as well be shaking around my monitor while I’m trying to play.

Posted by: Orion.7264

Orion.7264

Since you say it’s the jumping bit and not the figuring out bit that bothers you, I have a suggestion. Believe it or not, the little jumping puzzles oriented around skill points and vistas are much easier than the full-on jumping puzzles; what often makes them so frustrating is the fact that you’re often under pressure from nearby mobs, who cripple/force you into combat, which can make jumps difficult/impossible. What I suggest is this: Wait to do your map completion until you’re 80. At that level, you’re going to be a lot more powerful than the mobs at most of these little puzzles, and you can erase them easily, wait to be out of combat, and jump at your leisure.

Arenanet lies.

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

As someone who finished every jump puzzle without a guide, and polished off the clock tower in 20ish minutes (hell it was fun enough that I went back and did it another 5 times)

Breached wall is honestly one of the harder ones. Mostly because of the monsters waiting to put you into combat rather than anything else. Very few of the mechanically difficult jumping puzzles had monsters nearby. Breached wall has both semi-difficult jumps, and a ton of monsters.

The good thing about this though is that the puzzle gets easier if you bring a friend (or friends) as together you can clear out the monsters faster, and hopefully without the need to move around too much (I cant tell you the amount of times I watched someone dodge roll off the wall at the final segment because they were trying to dodge an attack)

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

you feel you wasted 60$ because you can’t do a jump puzzle? lol….

if at first you don’t succeed try and try again. you’ll get it eventually

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

If you are having that tough on a time on a jumping puzzle, maybe you should try an engineer. Their rifles Jump Shot ability is very useful for almost any jumping puzzle

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Most of the vistas are easy, this one has a jumping puzzle incorporated into it which makes it challenging for players that don’t have much platforming skills yet.

I would suggest leaving that one for now, do the rest of your map completion and try it later when you’ve built up some more skills.

Believe me, I was TERRIBLE at jumping puzzles when I first started playing – I gave up at one point on Urmaug’s Secret, that’s how terrible I was lol. I can do them now with relative ease and enjoy the challenging ones

Couple hints:

*If you see the yellow blur above your health bubble, that means you are in combat which slows you, get out of combat before you jump.

*Holding down your space bar longer will let you jump farther.

*Aiming your camera up or down can affect how far you jump.

*Swing your camera to jump around turns.

*Use your strafe keys to move in midair.

*Use a stability boon to keep from getting knocked off or some kind of protection boon to prevent taking damage. You can also pick up the Order of the Whispers Spy Kits to stealth past mobs.

*Use speed buffs to jump longer distances.

*Make friends with a mesmer. Feed them cookies and omnomberries.