The Budget Is Weird

The Budget Is Weird

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

For about 2 months before the announcement of HOT i bet the selling of GW2 wasn’t rising.
But then after, all those amazing features and story and class, they are giving like half of it for people who already bought the Original GW2 for free, and 99% of them will buy the expension anyway.
outsiders that didnt like gw2 wouldnt be intrested in the expension like we are and wont buy it.
and its the price of both gw2 and hot (good money, but wont attract too much outside attention). and FURTHER its an expension which will cost probebly 20$.

As i see it, they work hard and give us alot with a bearly cost or even free.
i don’t believe that the gem store is behind all it

(edited by Shiro Tegachii.5619)

The Budget Is Weird

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

I read through that post four times and I’m still not quite sure what you’re trying to say.

The Budget Is Weird

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

google translate ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

The Budget Is Weird

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Who is getting HoT at no cost? You can’t get it with Gold-to-Gems exchange.

Although I imagine the majority of the initial HoT sales will be veterans, I’ve seen quite a few posts/threads from people who have recently purchased the game because of the radically reduced price sales.

I think once HoT is ready for release, more will purchase both the original and the expansion due to coverage in the press/advertising.

As for price, it could be anywhere from 20 to 50; we don’t yet know.

The Budget Is Weird

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

You forget poor sod who spend over 10 $ a month on store buying BL key and get less than average BL tickets

The Budget Is Weird

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The budget is weird? I haven’t a clue what OP was trying to say except that he is saying gem store isn’t behind it all, whatever it is.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

The Budget Is Weird

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

OP, I haven’t a clue what you said, but I don’t think it could have been said any better. Thank you.

The Budget Is Weird

Posted by: susonn.3284

susonn.3284

I’ve tried so hard to figure out the point of OP. I can’t.

I want to say that he/she thinks that HoT is going to be worth it and that it isn’t a gem store scam.

I agree on both fronts if so.

The Budget Is Weird

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

For about 2 months before the announcement of HOT i bet the selling of GW2 wasn’t rising.
But then after, all those amazing features and story and class, they are giving like half of it for people who already bought the Original GW2 for free, and 99% of them will buy the expension anyway.
outsiders that didnt like gw2 wouldnt be intrested in the expension like we are and wont buy it.
and its the price of both gw2 and hot (good money, but wont attract too much outside attention). and FURTHER its an expension which will cost probebly 20$.

He is saying that the majority of players already playing GW2 will give HoT a shot. That a majority of the content shown for the expansion is customed to already playing GW2 players.

New players will not be interested (though he fails to give a reason). My initial thought of him complaining about the expansion price doesn’t seem to be right since he later assumes the expansion to cost 20$ (which would be very reasonable).

Or he ment GW2 base price will be around 20$ with an overpriced expansion on top of that, making the game less desirable to new players.

That’s all I could make of this.

The Budget Is Weird

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

He is saying that the majority of players already playing GW2 will give HoT a shot. That a majority of the content shown for the expansion is customed to already playing GW2 players.

New players will not be interested (though he fails to give a reason). My initial thought of him complaining about the expansion price doesn’t seem to be right since he later assumes the expansion to cost 20$ (which would be very reasonable).

Or he ment GW2 base price will be around 20$ with an overpriced expansion on top of that, making the game less desirable to new players.

That’s all I could make of this.

Thanks for bringing clarity

What I don’t get is that 10-20$ is about what an Indie game or an old game costs in my eyes … 35-40$ is what usually expac I have bought before have costed me… 50-60$ is what a new game usually costs.

I don’t realy get this talk about HoT being over priced(Edit: Or the core game for that matter) if the Stores are guessing correct. I wouldn’t mind it to be cheaper as I want to have a collectors edition if there will be one

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

The Budget Is Weird

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I think he’s saying that he doesn’t think its possible that gem store sales alone could be supporting the development of an expansion and all content updates. As in, the money they would get from HoT sales could never cover the costs to develop it because the only people who would buy the expansion are people who still enjoy playing GW2, which I’m guessing he thinks is too small a number to support an expansion’s cost to develop?

OP, I think you underestimate how much money they make on the gem store. Couple that with box sales and it certainly can provide an adequate budget for HoT.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

The Budget Is Weird

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think he’s saying that he doesn’t think its possible that gem store sales alone could be supporting the development of an expansion and all content updates. As in, the money they would get from HoT sales could never cover the costs to develop it because the only people who would buy the expansion are people who still enjoy playing GW2, which I’m guessing he thinks is too small a number to support an expansion’s cost to develop?

OP, I think you underestimate how much money they make on the gem store. Couple that with box sales and it certainly can provide an adequate budget for HoT.

Gem store sales alone probably aren’t supporting HoT.

Remember how when Wildstar was being developed there were regular complaints about this crazy ‘scam’ where NCSoft were siphoning money away from GW2 and using it to fund a totally separate game (aka exactly what publishing companies do all the time)?

Well now the exact same thing is probably happening in reverse. Well, maybe not directly because Wildstar is rumored to be losing money consistently. But money from other NCSoft games will be going to fund the development of GW2. Then, when HoT is released a portion of the sales will go to pay that back, and be used by NCSoft to fund whatever of their projects is next in line.

Of course overall the Guild Wars franchise (like any other product) needs to make money money than it costs for this system to work. But it’s not like they had to save up money from gem store sales alone until they had enough to completely fund the development of an expansion.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”