The Calm Before the Storm

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Every month, before the update hits we get a couple of speculation threads, but for the most part the “infighting” in the forums has died down.

It would be really nice if we could keep this sort of calm after the patch (though I’m relatively sure that won’t happen).

One thing I will say about the forums, in general, is that speculation isn’t fact, and until we actually see what’s being done, we won’t know. More than that, until we’ve played the game with the update, we STILL won’t know.

It’s like when the dungeons got updated so you couldn’t rez rush any more, and people were saying it was the end of the world. Well the world didn’t end, and many people seem to like the update.

I’m not saying don’t complain (it wouldn’t stop anyone anyway). I’m saying give changes a chance before you start complaining.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

“Remain calm. All is well. All is well. Remain – ah.” ~ Chip Diller

For the most part I have remained mostly unaffected by the updates. Mostly.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Skugga.5298

Skugga.5298

A-net knows what they are doing, just have faith and behind every choice they make there is a good reason ; )
I don’t see the need to complain, let’s just accept the changes.

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

Sadly, Vayne, it seems to be the people that whine the most are the ones that are heard.

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

I’m just awaiting more gated content that takes about an hour per day to finish. Then boredom until the next patch. Oh well, glad I got BF3 to play.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Remain calm! Failure to remain calm is a sign of a weak mind!

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I don’t really care about GW2 anymore, by now everbody should have noticed that they’re really lazy when it comes to fixes, always going the primrose path for little to no effort instead of doing things properly. Didn’t login for a while now, and after what I heard about the upcoming patch, I probably won’t return.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

It had to be posted.

Attachments:

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Fair nerf to Elementalists.

Fair buff to Warriors.

Fair fixes to other Professions.

Cool new items in Black Lion Trading Company.

Custom Arenas and Spectator Mode.

New Dungeon (built by a new, different team) to try out.

All is well for me.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I have got good news for everyone, the devs said in the state of the game video (which I just watched), that this patch is the last ‘big’ balancing patch (otherwise known as nerf the hell out of a random class for a laugh patch) for a while, going to concentrate on bug fixes instead while they assess the ‘balance’ changes they have done the last 3 months…

So cheer up good news, get over this months nerfs and you can buy gear, equip your character in the knowledge they are safe for a month or 3…

Having watched the video, its only confusion Mesmers in WvW, PvP and Elementalists who run mistform/ride the lightning who need to throw there toys out of the pram this month…

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

I don’t really care about GW2 anymore, by now everbody should have noticed that they’re really lazy when it comes to fixes, always going the primrose path for little to no effort instead of doing things properly. Didn’t login for a while now, and after what I heard about the upcoming patch, I probably won’t return.

Dont let the door hit you on the way out.

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

I have got good news for everyone, the devs said in the state of the game video (which I just watched)…

Does anyone have a link to this video?

Meglobob.8620

I have got good news for everyone, the devs said in the state of the game video (which I just watched)…

http://de.twitch.tv/guildwars2guru/b/396007412?t=002m24s

Warning its long…even one of the players was falling a sleep…

Vayne.8563

I must have a different definition of lazy than you do. Unless you mean by lazy that they’re not just making random changes based on what fans say, because that’s the surest road for an MMO to implode. Fans as a whole don’t know as much as they think they know about game design.

Doing things properly is another one of those vague terms used by people who feel they know better than the devs. They know properly but the devs don’t. Good. Enjoy your knowledge of proper.

Anyway, since you’re not playing the game and not interested, why bother posting?

Tachenon.5270

I have got good news for everyone, the devs said in the state of the game video (which I just watched), that this patch is the last ‘big’ balancing patch (otherwise known as nerf the hell out of a random class for a laugh patch) for a while, going to concentrate on bug fixes instead while they assess the ‘balance’ changes they have done the last 3 months…

Where have I heard something like that before… hmm… oh yeah!

“Second, we’re still scouring the boards for bugs and other issues, but we’ve finished making large changes to the power sets. " ~ Jack Emmert

Shortly thereafter, Enhancement Diversification. :-o

Which is not to say that anything equivalent will happen here, of course. Just a gentle reminder (it’s so easy to forget) that stuff sometimes happens no matter who said what.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I must have a different definition of lazy than you do. Unless you mean by lazy that they’re not just making random changes based on what fans say, because that’s the surest road for an MMO to implode.

There have been tons of proposals on how to fix confusion without making it unviable. Yet, they’re going the easy way of simply reducing its damage. Same for retaliation. Another example would be AE damage - there would be better ways to handle it than a hard cap (I’m all against simply removing the cap). Another example? The changes to portals. Or the way conditions work in general, especially considering the hard cap in PvE.
So it seems the opposite is true - they listen to whoever is crying the most on the forums, plus they’re always choosing the easiest, yet worst solution.

Doing things properly is another one of those vague terms used by people who feel they know better than the devs. They know properly but the devs don’t. Good. Enjoy your knowledge of proper.

Devs aren’t gods. They’re actually explicitly asking how people would do things in the forums quite often. Why? Because dedicated players spend way more time in the game than any developer ever could, they know way better how the game actually evolves as long as no internal statistics are required.

Anyway, since you’re not playing the game and not interested, why bother posting?

Because I’ll turn into one of those haters only posting in the forums to tell people what ruined the game and why they quit playing. I’ll first wait for the final patch though, the confusion nerf isn’t that bad if it’s accompanied by a huge buff to mesmers when it comes to applying other conditions. Which are still useless against fortifications, which they’ll hopefully address as well, either by making them immune to damage or susceptible to conditions.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Tachenon.5270

http://de.twitch.tv/guildwars2guru/b/396007412?t=002m24s

Warning its long…even one of the players was falling a sleep…

It’s also available on youtube:

The table is a fable.

maddoctor.2738

Really? They said that? I guess I have to rewatch it, maybe the first time I was hoping it wasn’t true and I removed it from my memory.

What happened to “We want more viable builds for Elementalists”? Because those changes (and any changes they’ve done since release) do nothing to boost any other spec than Bunker Ele. They HAVEN’T DONE any ‘balance changes’ to Elementalists other than nerf the bunker Ele, NOTHING to help any other build.

And other professions are similar of course…. So they do nothing but nerf and now they say they will stop? On one hand I’m happy because they will finally stop nerfing, but on the other hand, they promised build diversity and these changes were supposed to help in that direction, yet they do the complete opposite, as if the balancing team isn’t even playing the game.

Vayne.8563

I must have a different definition of lazy than you do. Unless you mean by lazy that they’re not just making random changes based on what fans say, because that’s the surest road for an MMO to implode.

There have been tons of proposals on how to fix confusion without making it unviable. Yet, they’re going the easy way of simply reducing its damage. Same for retaliation. Another example would be AE damage – there would be better ways to handle it than a hard cap (I’m all against simply removing the cap). Another example? The changes to portals. Or the way conditions work in general, especially considering the hard cap in PvE.
So it seems the opposite is true – they listen to whoever is crying the most on the forums, plus they’re always choosing the easiest, yet worst solution.

Devs aren’t gods. They’re actually explicitly asking how people would do things in the forums quite often. Why? Because dedicated players spend way more time in the game than any developer ever could, they know way better how the game actually evolves as long as no internal statistics are required.

Because I’ll turn into one of those haters only posting in the forums to tell people what ruined the game and why they quit playing. I’ll first wait for the final patch though, the confusion nerf isn’t that bad if it’s accompanied by a huge buff to mesmers when it comes to applying other conditions. Which are still useless against fortifications, which they’ll hopefully address as well, either by making them immune to damage or susceptible to conditions.

Devs aren’t gods. Fans aren’t either. There have been tons of suggestions. Okay. So what? What does that even mean? What percentage of those suggestions were “good”? Who gets to judge? What percentage were actually viable? What percentage would have screwed other aspects of the game?

Just because something is suggested by fans doesn’t make it right and just because you don’t like a nerf doesn’t make it wrong.

I’ve watched and listened to fans over many years on many boards. Some suggestions I think are pretty good and some I think are utter bullocks. The problem is, I’m really not QUALIFIED to say. It’s just my opinion.

Your opinion is there are better ways to fix confusion. My opinion is that’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it.

Devs aren’t god. But I’d rather trust them to make a game than most players. Most players have no clue behind why certain decisions are made.

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

Reading this thread has made me chuckle.

The idea most players have about general balance is absurd. Ok, there a good few points here and there but what alot of people fail to see is that balancing cannot be done on a case by case basis… Nor can it be done from personal or independent experience. Balance is altered due to masses of data. Lots of players experiencing scenarios.

This is why a MMORPG is NEVER balanced when it comes out, theres simply not enough data.
It has also been suggested before that because of the learning rate of each player is different, it takes a while before everyone who joined since launch (and there after) gets to a similar skill level. Imagine how hard it is to balance a game where skill is so important.
Example; Player A gets killed alot by Player B using skill A – Player A thinks Skill A is overpowered.
Player C recently learnt that his class (the same as player As, has a utility that provides a way to make skill A obsolete).

The question is how do you balance that while player A doesnt know about the ultility? You cant tell them about it as you step into ruining your own game territory yet adjusting and balancing around unskilled play is counter intuitive.
The answer is you wait until either A: Unskilled players naturally learn game mechanics and the balance comes around naturally OR B: You gather more and more to data to provide a clearer picture of the whole playerbase.

There is very little choice when it comes to what nerf/buffes to implement to provide balance.
Think of it this way; if you have a skill that the data has proven to be overpowered, however you know that reducing the respective dps/aoe of that skill will leave it useless, what do you do? You run tests and simulations until you find a variable that can be altered without derailing any other skills or balance checks.

ITS RARELY a case of, this skill is too powerful, ok lets turn it down.

maddoctor.2738

Devs aren’t god. But I’d rather trust them to make a game than most players. Most players have no clue behind why certain decisions are made.

The problem is, they wanted to promote more builds, making more builds viable, but their announced changes are doing the exact opposite, especially regarding Eles and maybe Engineers, as did every single patch they did over the last 3 months. Instead of making people use different builds, they FORCE them to use one.

I may not have a clue how they are making their decisions, but I clearly see the results of their failed “balancing”. What they do has the completely opposite results of what they wanted, maybe it’s a hint that “nerfing” isn’t the way to make more builds viable, but buffing the underpowered ones is.

Posted by: Guns and Giblets.9308

Guns and Giblets.9308

I’m saying give changes a chance before you start complaining.

This reminds me of a Dilbert comic. One character implores another: “You won’t know if you like something until you try it.” The other character responds by asking him to try shoving chips up his nose, because obviously it’s impossible to tell if you will like it before you try it.

It doesn’t take a genius to see that the Elementalist changes are a significant nerf that will hamper the fun many have with bunker D/D, significantly reducing mobility and healing opportunities. Apparently abstract reasoning is an alien concept to some people.

Worse, bunker D/D is one of the few (only?) viable Elementalist builds in PvP.

“A soft answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.” -Jewish Proverb

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Fair buff to Warriors.

All is well for me.

So, how do people know all this? Are there patch notes? If so, where? Or is this another case of ANet posting info on third party sites?

maddoctor.2738

It doesn’t take a genius to see that the Elementalist changes are a significant nerf that will hamper the fun many have with bunker D/D, significantly reducing mobility and healing opportunities. Apparently abstract reasoning is an alien concept to some people.

But that’s not the real problem, the nerfs hurt non bunker builds a LOT more than bunkers, leading to even more bunkers! They have the failed idea that nerfing bunkers will make other specs viable, that’s not going to happen, unless they nerf bunker Eles as much as they nerf Engineers (Grenades, enough said)…

Meglobob.8620

What do people think of the nerfing of boons too…

They have been nerfed in 2 ways, Warriors will get a +3% damage bonus for each boon your opponent has up, so if your opponent has 5 boons, warriors get +15% damage. Going to get another skill change as well that makes the damage unblockable…

Also, thiefs will get the ability to steal enemy boons and apply them to themselves…so if a opponent has 20 stacks of might on them, the thief steals the 20 stacks which he starts using straight away, your opponent has 0 might and now faces a opponent with 20 stacks of might…double wammy…

Posted by: Guns and Giblets.9308

Guns and Giblets.9308

So, how do people know all this? Are there patch notes? If so, where? Or is this another case of ANet posting info on third party sites?

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2guru/c/2208106

@maddoctor.2738

Yes, I agree that it’s even worse for other Elementalist builds. It’s absurd how poorly thought out some of these changes are.

“A soft answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.” -Jewish Proverb

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

8 months of nerfs. Players adapt to the meta by making bunker builds to counter burst dps from certain classes in order to make them viable at all. Anet counters player adaptation to the meta by nerfing bunkers and buffing the DPS burst.

8 months of nerfs. Still no viable builds for anything but bunkers on multiple classes. Many people offer feedback. Feedback ignored for metrics instead. Metrics say that the world hasn’t been engulfed in thermonuclear war, so nukes are obviously a good thing. Metrics should not be the only measure to balance a system since it’s not the only form of information available. Metrics can show various things depending on viewer bias.

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

Remain calm! Failure to remain calm is a sign of a weak mind!

How can we remain calm when THE CAFETERIA IS NOW CLOSED?

Posted by: Drew.1865

Drew.1865

Every month, before the update hits we get a couple of speculation threads, but for the most part the “infighting” in the forums has died down.

It would be really nice if we could keep this sort of calm after the patch (though I’m relatively sure that won’t happen).

One thing I will say about the forums, in general, is that speculation isn’t fact, and until we actually see what’s being done, we won’t know. More than that, until we’ve played the game with the update, we STILL won’t know.

It’s like when the dungeons got updated so you couldn’t rez rush any more, and people were saying it was the end of the world. Well the world didn’t end, and many people seem to like the update.

I’m not saying don’t complain (it wouldn’t stop anyone anyway). I’m saying give changes a chance before you start complaining.

This might be the most hilarious post I’ve ever seen on a gaming forum. I’ve been reading them for years and Anet really needs to buy you dinner for this. Lol!!!!!!!!!

Is GW2 a game or a virtual casino?

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

well we got a full list of full abilities that they’re nerfing. One of the classes getting hit with a nerf hammer are engineers, again. One of the classes getting buffed this patch are warriors.
I don’t feel calm, but also a thread asking why are they doing things like that just gets locked and deleted by the moderators. If you disagree with Anet you’ll get infracted.
There’s nothing about this patch that I like. Pay to rent arenas. Major nerfs to classes. Warriors getting buffed…

Fair buff to Warriors.

All is well for me.

so it’s fair that elementalists won’t be able to use their movement abilities to move around pve environment anymore?
It’s fair that engineers are getting nerfed again?
it’s fair that mesmers get dropped down from dealing the same damage as a warrior if they have time to do a careful set up and now only of the only viable builds for them are straight dps?
It’s fair that warriors, the highest class on damage are getting a buff again, making sure that guardians can’t compete with them anymore?
It’s fair that thieves are now almost impossible to counter?

(edited by Mirta.5029)

Vayne.8563

This might be the most hilarious post I’ve ever seen on a gaming forum. I’ve been reading them for years and Anet really needs to buy you dinner for this. Lol!!!!!!!!!

I wrote it just to entertain you. Seriously.

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

I don’t agree with the Confusion change, but the Warrior change is not too bad: the so-called “boon hate” is diminished by having to sacrifice some others form of damage in order to take advantage from it. Perhaps something like 20/20/0/0/30 can take full advantage of it damage wise, but I know that’s a build spec I don’t like running. My current favorite builds would have to sacrifice a lot to get full Discipline, and I don’t hate boons that much to pay the price.

In short, in PvP it will probably become a sort of meta Warrior Build that I’ll never use, but it is far from making a Warrior “uber” on PvP if he/she uses something else. Meta-followers will just use one or two builds centered around “boon hate”, which is sad for diversity (though admittedly, many PvP people like play “the best builds” anyway, so they don’t care that much about diversity, but more about trouncing others, no offense intended.) The ideal balance would be finding a way so each Profession has like 10+ ways of being effective on PvP, but human nature as well as current balance issues make that almost impossible, sadly.

I know I would play more PvP if you could freely make any build and do well, much as I do on PvE. I hate being forced to use meta stuff to win, because it violates my individuality and freedom of choice. Copying what everybody else does because it’s “effective” has always been a boring way to play to me, thus PvP has little to offer to me (not to mention that I just don’t draw any satisfaction from beating others, dancing on their corpses, etc

(PvP is cool, though, just not something I particularly enjoy-please don’t take any offense, as none is meant.)

Posted by: Invizible.2960

Invizible.2960

Also, thiefs will get the ability to steal enemy boons and apply them to themselves…so if a opponent has 20 stacks of might on them, the thief steals the 20 stacks which he starts using straight away, your opponent has 0 might and now faces a opponent with 20 stacks of might…double wammy…

Where did you hear this? If the opponent had 20 stacks what if the thief didn’t have 20 stacks? lol

Vayne.8563

Fair buff to Warriors.

All is well for me.

Apparently it’s this video…

Posted by: Claudius.5381

Claudius.5381

And I really thought that it was a giant troll post. But what do I know about that…

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I must have a different definition of lazy than you do. Unless you mean by lazy that they’re not just making random changes based on what fans say, because that’s the surest road for an MMO to implode. Fans as a whole don’t know as much as they think they know about game design.

They are (allegedly) going to cut confusion damage in half. Either this reduction is too large or the developers created a ridiculously overpowered skill to begin with. Either way, it doesn’t say much for their game design skills.

If I had to guess, this was a nerf to reduce confusion damage down to the nuisance level. It doesn’t actually affect gameplay, it just ticks an extra 100 points of damage here and there.

But why should there be nuisance skills at all? There’s no reason to totally kill a particular style of play or to render condition damage useless on a class. If they were going to kill confusion, they should have buffed some other more conventional condition (like bleeds).

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

(edited by TooBz.3065)

Posted by: Valanga.5942

Valanga.5942

I have no expectation about the new patch, so i will not be disappointed.
Though, if ANet will revamp CoF in order to kill the speedruns, i’ll laugh so hard i will probably get banned

Drew.1865

And I really thought that it was a giant troll post. But what do I know about that…

Lol!!!!

Drew.1865

I have no expectation about the new patch, so i will not be disappointed.
Though, if ANet will revamp CoF in order to kill the speedruns, i’ll laugh so hard i will probably get banned

Rofl me too!!!!

Meglobob.8620

Where did you hear this? If the opponent had 20 stacks what if the thief didn’t have 20 stacks? lol

Out of the mouths of the devs on the SOTG video…did u watch the video?

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

so it’s fair that elementalists won’t be able to use their movement abilities to move around pve environment anymore?
It’s fair that engineers are getting nerfed again?
it’s fair that mesmers get dropped down from dealing the same damage as a warrior if they have time to do a careful set up and now only of the only viable builds for them are straight dps?
It’s fair that warriors, the highest class on damage are getting a buff again, making sure that guardians can’t compete with them anymore?
It’s fair that thieves are now almost impossible to counter?

Yes, I think it’s very fair for Elementalists to get nerfed with their movement. Thief was always the class to have the most mobility, and tricks around combat. Too many Elementalists complain because they can’t fly freakin’ all over the place anymore to do everything.

I think the Warrior buff is very fair since they have been down in the mud for far too long.

I play a Guardian, my profession is left untouched, there were only some changes with retaliation, and domes not blocking treb shots anymore.

I am perfectly fine with Warriors having a chance against Bunker Guardians, they will finally have a role to fill.

I think Guardian’s the most balanced class because they are viable everywhere, with almost everything, having Warriors to counter us in our Bunker build is perfectly fine.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Out of the mouths of the devs on the SOTG video…did u watch the video?

shhh…shh..shh…shh…

I laugh every time i read his post, don’t let him in on it yet.

Vayne.8563

Right because trying something before you completely judge it is unreasonable. lol

See, I was there when they nerfed Ursan in Guild Wars 1. And most people really did think it was a fair nerf. But there were a whole lot of people threatening and whining on the forums. I mean, you know, they might have to learn to play the game with their profession instead of using a single elite skill that made them too powerful. Nerf came and went and if anyone left, I didn’t notice it.

And then the perma sin. An assassin that could continue to do damage, and not take any…permanently (hence the name). And people screamed and moaned, even though it obviously had to go. The game was better without it.

Ele bunker builds are insanely powerful. Before the bunker builds were a big thing, I knew eles doing very well in PvE. The fact that most eles that know what they’re doing now are running the same build seems to say something .And yeah, it’s a really really powerful build.

In a couple of weeks, the eles will find the best new build and they’ll do fine. Of course they’ll complain now. Because they’re OP now. They’ll get over it, and maybe a few will leave.

No one mentioned that it looks like rangers are getting a much needed buff they’ve been asking for for ages I note.

The meta evolves. Things change. Some people leave, others accept the changes and play the game. It’s life in the big city.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

It’s all part of the forum fun though Certainly better than TV!

Viene la tormenta!

Vayne.8563

It’s all part of the forum fun though Certainly better than TV!

Viene la tormenta!

Well yes, forum PvP is a lot of fun. lol

Mirta.5029

Ele bunker builds are insanely powerful. Before the bunker builds were a big thing, I knew eles doing very well in PvE. The fact that most eles that know what they’re doing now are running the same build seems to say something .And yeah, it’s a really really powerful build.

In a couple of weeks, the eles will find the best new build and they’ll do fine. Of course they’ll complain now. Because they’re OP now. They’ll get over it, and maybe a few will leave.

No one mentioned that it looks like rangers are getting a much needed buff they’ve been asking for for ages I note.

The meta evolves. Things change. Some people leave, others accept the changes and play the game. It’s life in the big city.

and what about the engineer nerf? Were engineer grenades really so powerful?
What about warriors getting a major buff? How will it affect dungeons and PVE? Is there a reason to run anything else besides a warrior?
What about thief buff? Why would one be able to steal a whole stack of boon that other person used abilities to get and then put it on their whole team? How is that fair?
Rangers really need more attention than they got. “your pet will have more health!” “great, now can I have an option to my my pet away completely so when I’m running CoE my pet wouldn’t get an extra circle? Or when I’m in a fractal Jade Maw level wouldn’t go on for forever because Maw wouldn’t stop targeting my pet?”

Vayne.8563

What about warriors getting a major buff? How will it affect dungeons and PVE? Is there a reason to run anything else besides a warrior?
What about thief buff? Why would one be able to steal a whole stack of boon that other person used abilities to get and then put it on their whole team? How is that fair?
Rangers really need more attention than they got. “your pet will have more health!” “great, now can I have an option to my my pet away completely so when I’m running CoE my pet wouldn’t get an extra circle? Or when I’m in a fractal Jade Maw level wouldn’t go on for forever because Maw wouldn’t stop targeting my pet?”

I’ll wait until I see the full patch notes and play the game before I judge. If you think that’s unreasonable, that’s okay.

I will continue to play my engineer, and I’ll continue not to play my warrior. I’ll play my ranger for sure.

You know, I play my engineer in PvE all the time and do quite well. The bomb kit is still great for killing multiple mobs at the same time. Turrets did get a buff not too long ago, and they work in many situations (not with champions and dungeon bosses though). Some healing has been buffed.

Is it possible that people just want to do damage and not play what was obviously designed as a utility profession? Because I enjoy playing my engineer as a utility profession.

This is where you say you can’t find a dungeon group and I say join a guild with people who don’t sit around min/maxing and you might enjoy the game more.

Mirta.5029

I’ll wait until I see the full patch notes and play the game before I judge. If you think that’s unreasonable, that’s okay.

I will continue to play my engineer, and I’ll continue not to play my warrior. I’ll play my ranger for sure.

You know, I play my engineer in PvE all the time and do quite well. The bomb kit is still great for killing multiple mobs at the same time. Turrets did get a buff not too long ago, and they work in many situations (not with champions and dungeon bosses though). Some healing has been buffed.

Is it possible that people just want to do damage and not play what was obviously designed as a utility profession? Because I enjoy playing my engineer as a utility profession.

This is where you say you can’t find a dungeon group and I say join a guild with people who don’t sit around min/maxing and you might enjoy the game more.

nah, I’m not going to say that. I’m just saying that they’re not balancing the game properly. I have an engineer myself and mostly use a flamethrower and a bomb kit, but the changes that they’re intending to make with the class makes no sense. It’s as if they want to put most of the people into the same build. Example: they’re nerfing grenades, but might buff bombs. Bombs already were doing a lot of damage, so why the buff? Grenades did similar amount of damage to bombs, they’re far harder to use though, but they’re getting nerfed. Then there’s the turrents. At the start of GW2 turret build was viable. Then they nerfed turret damage to the ground. Now they’re raising turret health. What’s the point of using a turret if your tool kit, bomb kit, flamethrower and grenade kit do more damage? Why make the class so not balanced?

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

A-net knows what they are doing,

No offence but they don’t. The SOTG INCREDIBLE disappointed me. The two Anet interviewed guys where WAY TO often WAY to clueless. If they even REMOTELY played the profession in their free time at least 50-100 hours each, they would’t not have made such epic mistakes in the video. Such plain wrong decisions. That show their ignorance to the real problems.

The confusion nerf PROOFS they don’t have a clue. They haven’t played wvw enough. End of the story. And decent player knows that almost any build used by a smart players outmaches confusion at any time. If they cant realize that then i’m very disappointed.

The best worker at Anet is by FAR, by very very very FAR Robert Houda. Massive congratz to that guy for caring for gw2 so much. If I had anything to say, i fire almost every gw2 worker, or let them change their style to Houda’s, and make Robert boss of Anet in the process. If he had anything to say over class balancing, this game would SKY-ROCKET.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

(edited by Phoebe Ascension.8437)

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

A-net knows what they are doing,

No offence but they don’t. The SOTG INCREDIBLE disappointed me. The two Anet interviewed guys where WAY TO often WAY to clueless. If they even REMOTELY played the profession in their free time at least 50-100 hours each, they would’t not have made such epic mistakes in the video. Such plain wrong decisions. That show their ignorance to the real problems.

The confusion nerf PROOFS they don’t have a clue. They haven’t played wvw enough. End of the story. And decent player knows that almost any build used by a smart players outmaches confusion at any time. If they cant realize that then i’m very disappointed.

The best worker at Anet is by FAR, by very very very FAR Robert Houda. Massive congratz to that guy for caring for gw2 so much. If I had anything to say, i fire almost every gw2 worker, or let them change their style to Houda’s, and make Robert boss of Anet in the process. If he had anything to say over class balancing, this game would SKY-ROCKET.

I’m sincerely hoping this guy is joking, my faith in the average person’s intelligence is already worn too thin…