The Dervish

The Dervish

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Pentzski.4620

Pentzski.4620

As an avid Guild Wars 1 player for many years, my favourite profession was always the Dervish. I had spent hours upon hours perfecting a build I could run with and I loved every minute of it. Now, I know they won’t ever make it back into GW2 because they don’t exactly fit with the lore or Tyria and were an Elona only type profession, but let’s discuss what kind of skills they’d have if they were in GW2 today

I’m not exactly sure what kind of weapon sets they’d have as I really can only picture them with a scythe, but for utilities I imagine a lot of the enchantments they had could easily be transferred over. For example, Shield of Force in GW1 did the following: “For x amount of seconds it blocks the next 1 attack against you. If an attack is blocked all adjacent attacking foes are knocked down and suffer from weakness.” That could easily do the same in GW2. For the elites, Avatar of Melandru and Grenth are already in use for human elites, but the other gods can always be used as elites for this profession. I’ve been trying to figure out a way to implement Vow of Silence, my favourite dervish elite, but to no avail.

Anyways, wanted to bring up a topic I absolutely adore. Discuss how you think Dervish in GW2 would be?

Lilliàna – Mesmer
Leader of Nameless Accord [NA]
Maguuma

The Dervish

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Hm, warrior priests. I think if we bring Dervish into GW2, we’d have to rework them so that they don’t reflect the gods, so that they can apply to all races. So maybe they get their powers from…. well from faith in themselves and their allies. Magic from teamwork, so to speak.

They should probably be a soldier profession, because we have the fewest of those, so they’ll wear heavy armor instead of the GW1 robes.

Because they are warrior priests, they’ll have a blend of caster weapons and melee weapons. Say greatsword and hammer, shield, staff and scepter.

They’d be oriented around supporting allies while they fight, but they don’t really have mysticism any more, because of the whole god thing. Faith in themselves and allies…. maybe we can call that “virtues”, and they will give buffs to the new Dervish, but will be much more effective when helping out a whole team.

Vow of Silence might be worked into some kind of defensive bubble. Perhaps a reflect.

Hm… interesting.

(edited by Gibson.4036)

The Dervish

Posted by: Skar Hand.5037

Skar Hand.5037

I see what you did there.

I need to be able to dodge and leave a clone behind at work/home.

The Dervish

Posted by: Pentzski.4620

Pentzski.4620

Bahah, I realize Dervish kinda got shoved into Guardian along with a few other things mixed, but I can still imagine what it’d be like otherwise! Plus, c’mon, bringing back a scythe wielding medium armour profession would be awesome, can’t deny that Even if it is a bit too much like the guardian.

Lilliàna – Mesmer
Leader of Nameless Accord [NA]
Maguuma

The Dervish

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Give warriors staff/scepter/pistol/shortbow, with dervishy skills.

I think all the missing classes playstyles could be replicated with a greater skill variety through weapons.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com