The Dream of dreams came true

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vyko.6953

Vyko.6953

Finally a wardrobe! Anyone remember “why a skin wardrobe should be a high priority” thread? It was the best suggestion on the forum, most people liked it and it was bumped for one year or more. There were no answers for anet and that really made me cry..now they did it! kitten yes anet thank you! now lets hope its done properly and will be actually useful

#ELEtism

(edited by Vyko.6953)

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

With the caveat that this system isn’t really a wardrobe system like people are familiar with in other games. It’s a different way of transmuting gear.

When people talked about wardrobe systems back then I always took it to be a request for the typical system where you place items in a wardrobe panel and it overrides anything you have equipped.

We’re getting a reworked transmutation system, instead.

Posted by: Suserihime.1506

Suserihime.1506

Which isn’t a bad thing. I’d rather pay for a charge here and there and never worry about loosing a look then having a full bank of skins and stuff I haven’t had a chance to find homes for.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Thing is, you were NEVER going to get a wardrobe where you could just switch your look for free at any time. The transmutation stones were no doubt FAR too good of sellers for them to give up on that method of revenue.

It just wasn’t going to happen. The best we could have reasonably hoped for was something like this, where your old look isn’t outright destroyed every time you changed it.

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

So excited about this, such a sensible ‘win / win’ system. ArenaNet retains an important revenue stream and players get easy and virtually unlimited freedom with skins & dye changes across all characters. I’m a little giddy about these new features… /hug@ ArenaNet.

I think some are reminded of the wardrobe system in Rift where you could freely make a piece of armor look like any other of the same type…unlimited and for free. Keep in mind though that that system was implemented when Rift was still subscription based, so ArenaNet’s compromise with having the skin changes cost ‘Transmutation Charges’ makes total sense. Very smart.

Love it. Again /hug@ArenaNet.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Yes! Now give us account-bound minipets and I’ll be the happiest person ever :P

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

How about no?

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Arisal.9740

Arisal.9740

Thing is, you were NEVER going to get a wardrobe where you could just switch your look for free at any time. The transmutation stones were no doubt FAR too good of sellers for them to give up on that method of revenue.

It just wasn’t going to happen. The best we could have reasonably hoped for was something like this, where your old look isn’t outright destroyed every time you changed it.

But your old look is destroyed… your overriding your current skin with a new one for a “charge”. Too bad you didnt play sPVP because it was FREE (for now)! Uses a check in/out system. So you had only one at a time but you could equip it to any character!

Posted by: Spiderman.4098

Spiderman.4098

Baby steps, fellas. They are a little behind the times on a feature that has been in MMO’s for probably a decade if not more. Now hopefully they can add some stones to the store that enable a player trade window to open.

Posted by: Yinello.7068

Yinello.7068

I am so excited it’s not funny. Not funny at all. _

Ginni Gruesome, Necromancer of the College of Synergetics

CharrGirl.7896

How about no?

And why not? If you can purchase any skin from gem store and it will be available on each character, why not the same with minipets?

Posted by: Spiderman.4098

Spiderman.4098

How about no?

And why not? If you can purchase any skin from gem store and it will be available on each character, why not the same with minipets?

Aren’t they already account bound? You just pull them from your collection.

CharrGirl.7896

How about no?

Yeah but you can’t have more then one. If I buy a minipet pack related to some event like say, Wintersday mini pack, I’d like to have all those minis accessible on all my characters. Savy?

Posted by: Sagabatou.1076

Sagabatou.1076

How about no?

Yeah but you can’t have more then one. If I buy a minipet pack related to some event like say, Wintersday mini pack, I’d like to have all those minis accessible on all my characters. Savy?

But I have more than 100 Risen Priest of Balthazars sitting in my collectibles.. Then the god forsaken Queen Jennas.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

How about no?

Because they are not soul-bounded or account-bounded.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Sagabatou.1076

Sagabatou.1076

Also you have to manually deposit your mini-pets if you didn’t know.