The Dreamer, Thief or Ranger?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

I want to make this bow as a main weapon but am wondering what class would it really be more useful to use it on; thief or ranger? So, if possible, what class would you use the dreamer legendary bow for and why that class?

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

Use on the Ranger; shortbows are much more effective on a ranger than a thief imo.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

But why do you consider it more effective? I’ve heard thieves say all it’s good for is the auto attack. I know they could be biased but what makes it more effective than a thief using it and vice versa?

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

The reason I picked the Dreamer for my Thief because I knew the Shortbow was always going to be by 2andary weapon, regardless of which build I was going to be using.

Even after a few buffs and nerfs the Shortbow will still be a great weapon for Thieves even if you’re not using it all the time.

With the Ranger I think even though you might be using it more often (90% of the time as opposed to say…50%) it’s more susceptible to balance changes than the Thief Shortbow.

Posted by: Grazingcattle.1627

Grazingcattle.1627

As a thief player, I say strap this on a thief and be happy because once you learn how to use short bow to the best you will be using it a ton. A mega ton.

I just need my precursor and everyday im forgin.

The Dreamer = kittenjamz

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Use on the Ranger; shortbows are much more effective on a ranger than a thief imo.

The thief shortbow DPS far exceeds that of the Ranger shortbow DPS – it’s actually laughable how noticeable it is – it’s why my ranger doesn’t get any WvW airtime any more.

I just take the thief out instead.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Posted by: FLFW.3105

FLFW.3105

The thief shortbow DPS far exceeds that of the Ranger shortbow DPS – it’s actually laughable how noticeable it is – it’s why my ranger doesn’t get any WvW airtime any more.

And i wonder how do Anet doesnt see that as nonsense.

GuildWars 2 is good game with bad management.

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

Huh? Never seen any power precision sb builds I take it? Ranger’s sb is mostly a utility weapon with a spammable evade cripple and stun which makes it infinitely more effective for skirmishing. Thief has to spam sb from a safe distance and brings ZERO utility for your team. Think before u speak.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

Posted by: Captain Maugrymm.1753

Captain Maugrymm.1753

I’d say Ranger, just based on the fact that you’ll probably be using it more often that way.

Maugrymm- 80 Elementalist/Rajibad- 80 Ranger/Soreph-80 Mesmer
Fat Lute Tavern [LUTE]- Sorrow’s Furnace
“There are other worlds than these.”

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Thief.

To appear out of no where, bust out the stabby-stabby, and disappear before they can respond is a harsh level of annoying.

To do it with rainbows is an entirely different level of annoying that all thieves aspire to reach. ;)

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

(edited by DreamOfACure.4382)

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Thief.

To appear out of no where, bust out the stabby-stabby, and disappear before they can respond is a harsh level of annoying.

To do it with rainbows is an entirely different level of annoying that all thieves aspire to reach.

I have to agree with this
also all the shadowy assassin type thieves dressed in Abyss just need a rainbow bow :P

Seriously though a short bow is a very useful weapon for a thief and I use it constantly for ranged together with D/D.
I don’t play a ranger so can’t say how useful it is – long bow seems better to me.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

Huh? Never seen any power precision sb builds I take it? Ranger’s sb is mostly a utility weapon with a spammable evade cripple and stun which makes it infinitely more effective for skirmishing. Thief has to spam sb from a safe distance and brings ZERO utility for your team. Think before u speak.

Zero utility? Thief SB can cripple, perma Weakness, and has the best blast finisher in the game…

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

Rumour control!

Thief sb dps is higher than a Ranger’s, but it isn’t higher than ranger + pet dps. That’s how Anet balance the Ranger weapons, and why many of them seem so lacking when directly compared to their counterparts on other classes.

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

What self respecting thief would have a bow that shoots unicorns?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

Add Quip to that statement as well.

I’ve lost all dignity.

1+1 = potato

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I do

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

Someday after a lot of hard work, I hope to have this weapon on my ranger.

This self respecting ranger definitely wants to shoot unicorns and rainbows.

Posted by: NoodllZ.8376

NoodllZ.8376

Sb on thief is pretty cool, Cluster bomb drops like 4 more unicorns. Lets forget the horrible idea that is the Quip.

Posted by: Frellin.6318

Frellin.6318

Thief. People get angry when killed by a thief. Being killed by a thief shooting rainbows is even worse. Taste the rage.

Posted by: Rhysati.4932

Rhysati.4932

Thief. Shortbow is your go-to second weapon always. There’s literally no reason not to have and use your shortbow on a Thief.

Posted by: Kabuki.9103

Kabuki.9103

If you’re a wannabe thief hanging out in zergs and tower fights, then by all means, use a shortbow that fires rainbows.

Roaming solo thieves should prefer the P+P over SB.

Posted by: Scootabuser.4915

Scootabuser.4915

Both characters use the SB a lot. But the thief generally uses it as a secondary weapon for utility or to fight Warriors in PvP.

The current highest DPS Ranger build is a beastmaster pow/perc/crit build with the shortbow.

So if you enjoy PvE and dungeons more, go with the ranger, cause P/P and S/P both outperform shortbow in dungeons.

Insert Personal Achievements and/or Youtube Channel Here

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Thief. Nothings goes against stealth/ninjas/assassins more than flying rainbow unicorns.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Shufflepants.9785

Shufflepants.9785

Make two of them and use it on both!

Posted by: Wolfield.9812

Wolfield.9812

Off topic:

Spammable evade – thief has it.

Stun – thief doesnt have it.

Thief has to spam sb from a safe distance…..thats the idea of it, but if they get close, shotgun with cluster bomb is very painful for anybody.

Zero utillity. So steal items dont count (each made to counter the profession it was stolen from). Aoe res’ing + group stealth. The fact they dont get targeted first since to hard to pin down and kill, thus more dps. The fact the weapon does more dps and the ranger pet gets killed.

Now add they can do massive condiition damage. Great aoe damage. Teleport for fast map roaming. Poison field (that is normally traited to cause weakness as well). Aoe stealth with blast finisher and smoke field.

You are basically wrong in every way, and should now stop posting useless rubbish on the forums that are designed to help people.

(Do note the ranger shortbow is very strong as well, and in good hands, can easily hold its own against the thief shortbow and out do it.)

So to finish my quote for i will quote you once more: “Think before u speak”