The Emperor's New Wardrobe BUG

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

I have wasted over 400gold!!! I’m Really mad.

Here I go:

I need the mastery points so I started to buy culturar armor for the emperor’s new wardrobe AP and Mastery Point.

I bought the armors with the same character but it only counts progress if the character can equip it, no mater if it get soulbound or not…

For example, I bought the heavy and medium armor for charrs cause I have a ranger and a guardian, but since I did it with the guardian it did not count the progress for my druid!!!! and when I came back and bought it with my druid, it act as if I already unlocked it wish it is true, but it does not count the progress.

This happened for every race in the game. Sooo it did not count my medium human armor (because i have a ele and rev human) nor my heavy armor (because I bought it with my ele).

Also with my silvarys, it only counted the light armor. with my norn only the heavy armor and with my asura it only counted my medium armor.

Please give me my gold back and take away the skins… I’m really really mad. FIX THIS!!!!

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I bought pretty much all of the pieces I needed on one character for each race, and I never had the problem you think is happening.

Are you buying six unique pieces from each of the three tiers? By this I mean buying one each of shoes, legs, gloves, chest, shoulders, and helm from each tier for each race? That is how you finish the achievement. Buying multiple pieces of the same type from the same tier (ie. a set of t2 medium shoulders and a set of light shoulders) will not count towards the achievement twice; you’d only get credit for the first piece you bought.

Edit: Just a bit of proof that you can get it by buying it on one character. I just bought charr t1 light coat on my charr ranger (on my second account) just now, and it unlocked for the achievement.

Attachments:

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

Unfortunately your post is communicating mainly with fellow forum users. What you want to do is open up a dialogue with Support.

Click the Support link at the top of this page, and then “Submit a request” to start the conversation.

Best of luck, and I hope this gets sorted for you!

G R E E N E R

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

So how it works is you need
6 pieces of T1
6 pieces of T2
6 pieces of T3

Buying medium t2 and heavy t2 only counts as 1 set of T2. If you click on the achievement for the specific race you are buying for, it will tell you the tier, and what armor slot you still need. I’ve been buying the charr cultural with my norm when I get the WvW tokens as I don’t even have a charr. And it has counted. It sounds like you’re just buying all the same level.

Most achievements (if you click on them) actually tell you what you need to do for them. Just requires a little bit of work.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You may be confusing Profession(s) with Race.

You need only 18 unique pieces of armor per Race. That’s 6 unique Tier 1 pieces (Head, Shoulders, Chest, Gloves, Leggings, Footwear), 6 unique Tier 2, and 6 unique Tier 3 for each Race. It doesn’t matter if they are Heavy, Medium or Light (or a mix of all 3); just 1 whole set (of 6 unique pieces) from each Tier.

Nor does it matter who purchased them; you need only unlock the skins. Also, you can save a bit of Gold by purchasing them in WvW with a combination of Badges of Honor and Gold (no PvP-type play required if you have BoHs from Dailies or Achievement Point Reward Chests).

Good luck.

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

This is a case of you not understanding the achievement wording correctly.
“Souldbind 90 unique pieces of Cultural Armor”
1 helm, 1 shoulder, 1 chest, 1 glove, 1 leg and 1 boot, from each of the tiers.

No. This is not bugged.

Kitten.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Not a bug, as mentioned above it needs every location of every tier of every race, it doesn’t care about armor weight. So, you didn’t progress achievement, because you have already had those slots unlocked.

Otherwise you could have done whole achieve by just buying all available t1 sets.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

It’s honestly not conveyed very well on the achievement menu. In particular, there’s no indication that buying two armor pieces of the same tier and slot but different armor weights doesn’t count, a mistake I personally made back in the day.

RoseofGilead.8907

It’s honestly not conveyed very well on the achievement menu.

I definitely agree there. It’s pretty vague, and when it’s involving something as expensive as these skins it’s a bad thing.

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

I’ve been caught out by this too.
It should be reported as a bug, if only to get the wording clarified.

Jhoul.6923

Yeah… its total bull crap! It is not clear at ALL, it says 90 cultural armors, not 1 set for each race/ tear. I got 144 skins right now… and only 72 counted for the AP.

… If I could get my gold back I could invest it again on 1 per race per tear…

I’ll Q__Q for a while. 400+ gold hurt.

(btw, I reported it, so everyone in the future might not go through this if ANET fixes or change the details in the AP.)

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I doubt they will, since the achievement lists exactly what you need, and checks off each one as you attain it. Reports may be one of the reasons they added all those checklists to achievements.

Good luck.

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

Doesn’t all unlockable gear work like this?
You wouldn’t buy a light / medium / heavy bandit helm, they all have the same name just different weights. You would instead buy raiders helm but again only in one weight. To unlock a third helm you’d buy cavalier’s helm. In one weight.
When you are at the vendor you can see that things are unlocked, if you are trying to add skins, you wouldn’t buy the unlocked ones.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t think there are very many skins with the same name and skin but come in different weights. Some Living Story skins come to mind; maybe some Aquabreathers….

The Cultural Armor Achievement wouldn’t care if you didn’t have the skin unlocked in a different weight if that Tier’s unique (as in Head, Shoulders, Chest, etc.) was already unlocked.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Yeah… its total bull crap! It is not clear at ALL, it says 90 cultural armors, not 1 set for each race/ tear. I got 144 skins right now… and only 72 counted for the AP.

(btw, I reported it, so everyone in the future might not go through this if ANET fixes or change the details in the AP.)

No it doesn’t say 90 cultural armors. The exact wording is:

“Soulbind 90 unique pieces of cultural armor.”

There is nothing to fix. The achievement is very straight forward and working as intended. It’s the overarching achievement for the racial fashion achievements. Those require tier 1-3 unique pieces of armor and even have checkmarks next to which piece was already purchased.

The total 90 different pieces of armor are made up of the 5 × 18 unique pieces of each race. While I will agree that the overarching achievement might be unclear as to multiple items from the same tier of different armor weight, one look into the fashion achievement tab should give a very clear answer as to what is needed.

What you can try is to contact support and ask for them to reverse the purchase. They might do that if you haven’t yet transmuted the skins. Then again they migh not have the ability to easily remove unlocked skins from the wardrobe.

Jhoul.6923

No it doesn’t say 90 cultural armors. The exact wording is:

“Soulbind 90 unique pieces of cultural armor.”

There is nothing to fix. The achievement is very straight forward and working as intended. It’s the overarching achievement for the racial fashion achievements. Those require tier 1-3 unique pieces of armor and even have checkmarks next to which piece was already purchased.

The total 90 different pieces of armor are made up of the 5 × 18 unique pieces of each race. While I will agree that the overarching achievement might be unclear as to multiple items from the same tier of different armor weight, one look into the fashion achievement tab should give a very clear answer as to what is needed.

What you can try is to contact support and ask for them to reverse the purchase. They might do that if you haven’t yet transmuted the skins. Then again they migh not have the ability to easily remove unlocked skins from the wardrobe.

Than if this is true, than it is bugger because I have 144 unique pieces and it only has counted 72 of them (6 per tier/ per race), and I did report this to support, ty.

Edit: Counted them, I hate 174

(edited by Jhoul.6923)

Jhoul.6923

Human:
Tier 1 (ALL – 18)
Tier 2 (ALL – 18)
Tier 3 (Light – 6)

Norn:
Tier 1 (ALL – 18)
Tier 2 (ALL – 18)
Tier 3 (Heavy – 6)

Sylvari:
Tier 1 (ALL – 18)
Tier 2 (Light – 6)
Tier 3 (None)

Asura:
Tier 1 (ALL – 18)
Tier 2 (ALL – 18)
Tier 3 (None)

Char:
Tier 1 (ALL – 18)
Tier 2 (Mid and Heavy – 12)
Tier 3 (None)

Total = 174

Posted by: Leon de Damasco.8105

Leon de Damasco.8105

Oh! I can see you problem there. You need the Charr, Silvary and Asura T3.
Good luck and have a nice day.
Last quetion: Why you hate 174? It’s your unlucky number?

Jhoul.6923

Oh! I can see you problem there. You need the Charr, Silvary and Asura T3.
Good luck and have a nice day.
Last quetion: Why you hate 174? It’s your unlucky number?

Hahaha!

Is not hate, is just that I wasted all my gold by trying to get this Mastery Point, and I did not noticed the details inside the AP (just the outside description that says 90 unique skins).

Believe me, if it wouldn’t have cost me around 400g I would not even care.

But this hurts… a LOT >___<

I love GW2 and this wont make me rage quit, so don’t worry.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yes, well, if we could all get the Achievement by purchasing only the low-cost items, I’m sure everyone would have it by now. Lol.

It’s Tier 3 that makes it so costly.

Posted by: Leon de Damasco.8105

Leon de Damasco.8105

TBH I had the same problem. I use to spend my Badges for the Daily Big Spender because I am working on The Emperor’s AP too.
After 2-3 days doing that I noticed even when my skin wardrove was updating, my AP were doesnt. Then I opened the H > Achievement > Fashion and started to look every tap. I found I just needed 1 differen piece (Chest, Legs, Helmet, etc) of any kind of armor (Heavy, Medium or Light) from each tier (T1, T2 AND T3) per race.
My question is: Why, even when your AP was not moving up, you kept unlooking skills without stop and ask yourself about that?

Jhoul.6923

TBH I had the same problem. I use to spend my Badges for the Daily Big Spender because I am working on The Emperor’s AP too.
After 2-3 days doing that I noticed even when my skin wardrove was updating, my AP were doesnt. Then I opened the H > Achievement > Fashion and started to look every tap. I found I just needed 1 differen piece (Chest, Legs, Helmet, etc) of any kind of armor (Heavy, Medium or Light) from each tier (T1, T2 AND T3) per race.
My question is: Why, even when your AP was not moving up, you kept unlooking skills without stop and ask yourself about that?

Well since the percentage is different per tier and I did it so fast, I didn’t noticed until it was too late.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Yes, well, if we could all get the Achievement by purchasing only the low-cost items, I’m sure everyone would have it by now. Lol.

The ROI for that is terrible if you are after it for the mastery point.

Jhoul.6923

I did it just because I was tired of grinding Story AP (T___T) for the mastery pnts and I only needed 1 more. It was literally an impulse buy gone wrong.

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

I think the <Race> Specialty Armor achievements are clear because there is a checklist. Emperor’s New Clothes is not — it really means to complete the achievements for each race. 5 races x checklist of 18 items = 90 items. So, not just any 90 out of the 270 possible pieces of cultural armor, but rather the 90 checklist items, each of which has 3 possible weights.

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

I don’t think there are very many skins with the same name and skin but come in different weights. Some Living Story skins come to mind; maybe some Aquabreathers….

The Cultural Armor Achievement wouldn’t care if you didn’t have the skin unlocked in a different weight if that Tier’s unique (as in Head, Shoulders, Chest, etc.) was already unlocked.

I’m at the dungeon vendor.
If I buy the first Forgeman Mask in the list with SE tokens (topical as it’s the dailies) it unlocks all the Forgeman Masks. If I want to unlock a second helmet, I need to pick the Forgeman Headguard.
So I had the window open and I was just buying my way down the list, I’d easily see a few locked and then come to the ones that were already unlocked.
That’s what I was thinking of. Just had a look at the cultural skins and they are all named differently / weight so you’d have to pay a bit more attention to buying just (for instance) the first 6 in each tier.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I did it just because I was tired of grinding Story AP (T___T) for the mastery pnts and I only needed 1 more. It was literally an impulse buy gone wrong.

Uh … you only get the points once from the story. That means completing the story on one character. Repeating any of the chapters on any other character will not get any more points. You seem to have talent for picking masteries with bad interfaces. :P

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Uh … you only get the points once from the story. That means completing the story on one character. Repeating any of the chapters on any other character will not get any more points. You seem to have talent for picking masteries with bad interfaces. :P

I think they mean doing LS2 achieves here? Those go to Core MP and do take a while and do need repeats of the chapters.

Jhoul.6923

I think they mean doing LS2 achieves here? Those go to Core MP and do take a while and do need repeats of the chapters.

^—— This is true, I meant S2. Some are really hard, but I’ll get them sooner or later.

Posted by: Sir Mad.1092

Sir Mad.1092

I can’t post a screen right now, but there is definitely a bug with the racial collections (I don’t know about the Emperor’s). I generally go and buy some medium cultural armor in WvW when the Big Spender daily is up, and even though I have the skin unlocked, some (but not all) T1 medium chests do not count for the achievement.

RoseofGilead.8907

I can’t post a screen right now, but there is definitely a bug with the racial collections (I don’t know about the Emperor’s). I generally go and buy some medium cultural armor in WvW when the Big Spender daily is up, and even though I have the skin unlocked, some (but not all) T1 medium chests do not count for the achievement.

You probably got that T1 chest as a level 20 (I think) Personal Story reward. It unlocks the skin, but it doesn’t count for the achievement.

Posted by: Sir Mad.1092

Sir Mad.1092

Ah, that must be it, thanks for clarifying.

Jhoul.6923

You probably got that T1 chest as a level 20 (I think) Personal Story reward. It unlocks the skin, but it doesn’t count for the achievement.

Than it is bugged, the AP doesn’t say the method of acquiring the skin.

RoseofGilead.8907

Than it is bugged, the AP doesn’t say the method of acquiring the skin.

It’s not bugged; it’s worded badly. You’re meant to buy the armor pieces with gold (or, as of recently, badges of honor + gold).