The Enviroment

The Enviroment

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Centurion.7296

Centurion.7296

I was just walking throught wvw like usual solo capping stuff etc, then I realized that it would be awesome if there were more details in the enviroment and not just here and there like; for example if the wargs had a “starving meter” where if it reaches a certen point then they go out and have a “raid” of their own and attack random deers and if a player is in their way then they’ll be quite angery considering how kitten hungery they are and might just go after your sweet meat ( yeah Im talking about them charrs, those wierd cat cows), the same with all the other maps, Im talking about changing the game that it accually lives and breathes.

Another idea is to change the game’s weather, let it rain now and then, I mean really how are queendales crops and grass always so green?(dont point out the rivers or Il come backstab you) and seeing the sun go down in LA and the npcs running about to light the torches wouldn’t be that bad either. There is already a feature were if you kill one of the lords in the pvp map: lagacy of the foefire, it starts to rain :O

Also make an option in the settings on wether the players wants these weather changes because it might not be best for people running the game on low, so they can just toggle it off.

The Enviroment

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

The problem is that the current maps are lighted, textured, etc in a way that only allows the current weather and light-levels. If you wanted to implement more weather, darker nights, fog, etc you’d need to overhaul every nook and cranny of the map for each possible combination.

At least that’s the reply we got when we asked for darker nights (can’t find the dev-statement atm).

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

The Enviroment

Centurion.7296

Sigh, if it were to happen then the game would be exceptionally extraordinary but, the first part that I mentioned will be able to work I believe, changing the mobs in a way that feels truely alive

The Enviroment

Posted by: Lord Krilik.3692

Lord Krilik.3692

The new maps they add in the expansion are going to have more environmental effects, such as day and night cycles or weather cycles changing the events on the map. Hopefully you will see more of what you are looking for when it releases.

The Enviroment

Lord Krilik.3692

Also, just wanted to say that I think what you are actually referring to is mechanics, rather than “the environment”. A game mechanic could indeed be mobs that go on rampages when certain conditions are fulfilled, or weather cycles affecting the landscape or events on the map.

Have you been to drytop by any chance? There is a sandstorm that appears after a period of time which limits vision. Some events appear when this happens (such as a boss appearing) and more movement crystals spawn so you can traverse the cliffs. I think it’s similar to what you are describing.

The Enviroment

Centurion.7296

Yes but its just one map as well as I dont want any time periode events( there could be but Im refering to the mechanics of the game’s enviroment), it must be really random, if the players or other elements killed te deer for example and the wargs only get halve of what they ussually get then there must be events for that, like that being the reason why they attack our dolly, poor dollies ;-;, same with the krait, if we stop them from killing the Hylek then they start attacking the dollies(which they already do but this is giving them a reason to attack them and not just randomly wanting to attack helpless dollies)

The Enviroment

Lord Krilik.3692

Yes but its just one map as well as I dont want any time periode events( there could be but Im refering to the mechanics of the game’s enviroment), it must be really random, if the players or other elements killed te deer for example and the wargs only get halve of what they ussually get then there must be events for that, like that being the reason why they attack our dolly, poor dollies ;-;, same with the krait, if we stop them from killing the Hylek then they start attacking the dollies(which they already do but this is giving them a reason to attack them and not just randomly wanting to attack helpless dollies)

Sorry – to clarify, I wasn’t telling you to settle for just dry top, I was just wondering if you’ve been because it has more of what you’re describing with the weather comments than other maps.

So actually, it sounds like you’re hoping for more of the npc’s to have an effect on the world as well, such as different enemies or creatures attacking each other and triggering things. I’m not sure how complicated it would be for Anet to do more of this but I think it could work. there are already some elements littered about.