The Ethereal Dawn Fracathon Community Event!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Muskels.2138

Muskels.2138

The Ethereal Dawn [SLKR] Guild on Tarnished Coast would like to invite you all to join us for a 24-hour gaming marathon starting at 12pm CST on December 15th to raise money for the Child’s Play Charity organization!

Five of our members will be running the Fractal of the Mists Dungeon for 24 hours in Guild Wars 2, starting at level 1 and working towards the maximum level we can reach within 24 hours.

The event will be streaming live via the Ethereal Dawn Twitch.tv page, and we are inviting all of you to join us and donate during this special event.

Our goal is to raise $1,000 dollars during the Fracathon, and we need your help!

Child’s Play is dedicated to improving the lives of children in hospitals around the world through the kindness and generosity of the video game community and the power of play.

Child’s Play is always striving to pursue new opportunities and expand the positive impact of the cause. This includes consistently researching and pursuing alternate fundraising channels, new donation platforms, additional events and better community support.

If you’re interested in joining us or would like to learn more about the Fracathon event, head on over to http://ethereal-dawn.com/pages/fracathon, where you will find additional details about the event.

Help us give some extra smiles to children this Christmas and show what a great community we have in GW2!

Posted by: GregT.4702

GregT.4702

Fantastic initiative. Cheers to Ethereal Dawn and your brave fractalologists. Donation made.

Muskels.2138

Thanks so much for your donation Greg! We’re really looking forward to hosting this event in Guild Wars 2 and we are really hopeful that the GW2 community will help make this an awesome experience!

Muskels.2138

Happy Thursday everyone! Just 9 days left till the Fracathon kicks off, and we’re hoping many of you from the GW2 community will join us in making this a great event to raise money for Child’s Play!

Muskels.2138

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Just one week until the Fracathon event kicks off. Whether you’re planning to donate to Child’s Play, or just want to stop by and watch us push through the endless Fractals, please join us on Dec. 12th starting at 12pm CST and participate in the fun!

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

I don’t want to be seen as a kitten but – is there any way to make sure that you are really using the money for charity and not to buy x thousands gems? I know that some people have no heart – and I hope that I’m stupid to have doubts and that you have one.

Muskels.2138

I don’t want to be seen as a kitten but – is there any way to make sure that you are really using the money for charity and not to buy x thousands gems? I know that some people have no heart – and I hope that I’m stupid to have doubts and that you have one.

If you check our Fracathon page , you will see the ChipIn widget being used to donate. This widget is provided by Child’s Play Charity and links directly to their account for donations. We never handle or see any of the donations being made.

I just want to be very forward in saying this is for a good cause and 100% of donations made are going directly to Child’s Play. This is a great opportunity for fellow gamers to help those in need, doing something they love.

Posted by: Valbrandr.1647

Valbrandr.1647

Hey community! The Fracathon event starts in less than 3 hours!!

Please stop by, watch us play, and encourage our players as they try to get as high as they can in the dungeon during the 24 hour period.

Also keep in mind that for every $10 you donate (which goes straight to Child’s Play Charity) you will be entered to win an awesome prize! Details are on our website.