The Flameseeker Prophecies

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lnguy.5127

lnguy.5127

So long time reader and first time poster here.

I just watched the ascended crafting video and it talked about changes to the legendaries. Pretty much the majority of them got some kind of improvements to their animations except the shield (I know Sunrise and Twilight stayed the same but they’re already great). And the reason (that was given) that the shield stayed the same was because its animation is already great.

So let’s compared, the only special effect/animation that the shield has is when wielded. There are no footprints, no bodily glow, no changes to armor, no special effects when attacking, no special sound effects. The other legendaries get all of that plus their animations is always there (not just when wielded).

Personally (and I don’t mean to offend anyone), I feel it’s a crappy and lazy reason to say that “we’re happy with The Flameseeker Prophecies” so no changes is necessary.

The reason why I got the shield was because I like using shield on my guardian.

I want to get your thoughts on this. Which shield owner is happy/unhappy with the current shield?

(edited by lnguy.5127)

Posted by: Amerist.6504

Amerist.6504

I don’t have it yet, but I’m aiming for it as one of my legendaries—barring something more interesting coming out in the interim of my quest.

Now, I do wish that it had slightly better effects and I’m rather partial to legendary weapons to do something when in action. In some ways I’d like when wielded Flame Seeker Prophecies to have some sort of effect when blocking. It could be a burst of light, or a curve of flame dancing out around the character.

It’s a shield after all.

Helvetica Ferrum (human engineer); Impact Sans (sylvari warrior); Georgia Sans (sylvari guardian)
http://www.youtube.com/theprinceofmillave

Posted by: KeyLimPi.9031

KeyLimPi.9031

This is speaking from someone who’s only character access from Flameseeker would be an engi, which automatically would make the shield a waste: I love Flameseeker as is. I don’t think it needs anything else because, at least to me, it’s easily the best legendary in the game. It’s so sleek and streamlined I can’t help but want it.

Posted by: Xuro.5861

Xuro.5861

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/Flameseeker-Prophecies-Updated-Graphics/first#post2735774

You are not alone, I’m kitten ed off aswell. I invested just as much time into it as other people with legendaries yet we are being left out because of favoritism by the devs. It’s ridiculous beyond words.

lnguy.5127

This is speaking from someone who’s only character access from Flameseeker would be an engi, which automatically would make the shield a waste: I love Flameseeker as is. I don’t think it needs anything else because, at least to me, it’s easily the best legendary in the game. It’s so sleek and streamlined I can’t help but want it.

I think you might feel differently if you actually spend time acquiring it. You spend pretty much the same amount of resources on each legendary. I don’t want to repeat myself but the shield does not have all the extra stuff (animation wise) compared the the rest of the legendaries.

Imagine this, you and your friends buy a brand new car. You all pay the same price. Your friends have power windows, special stereo system, gps, etc… in their car but you don’t. How would you feel?

You feel the shield is the best legendary in game while it has the least animations (and probably the least worked on) but I guess that’s just a personal preference so can’t argue with that. But I would like to hear your opinion again after you acquire it.

What’s a weapon with special auras/effects? A non-legendary.

(edited by lnguy.5127)

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Flameseeker is INCREDIBLE. Sure, footfalls are missing and every Leggie should have some, but what it lacks in footfalls it makes up with the most obvious effect of a Leggie out there.

God kitten I love that thing, why haven’t I got it yet?

EDIT: You got it based on how it was, which means you clearly enjoyed it, so how can you complain it’s not updated? It’s a pretty idiotic thing to do to purchase an item and hope it gets updated.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

(edited by Flissy.4093)

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Oh please guys

Sunrise, Twilight and especially FSP are all legendaries that have great effects.

I have Sunrise and FSP and I think they are fine as is.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

The Flameseeker Prophecies footsteps should spawn mini Mursaat when walking, that levitates to the sides and disappears.

Totally.

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

I was dissapointed there was no mention of the predator at all. Hopefully it gets footfalls improved.

Something to point out is precurser prices, twilight has always been a lot more gold to craft than a flameseeker

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

lnguy.5127

I was dissapointed there was no mention of the predator at all. Hopefully it gets footfalls improved.

Something to point out is precurser prices, twilight has always been a lot more gold to craft than a flameseeker

And what’s the reason behind that? It’s because it looks better.

lnguy.5127

For those that think that we should have looked it up before making it. Well, I got the shield very early on so there was not much information about the shield. The only information that you get from Arenanet was legendaries will have special effects, foot prints, animations, changes armor, etc…So it’s not unreasonal to assume that the shield will have those and craft it (especially if you like playing shield).

When anet announced that legendaries will get reworked to improve the animations, so it’s not unreasonable to assume the shield will get reworked.

They never said all the legendaries will have all these special effects EXCEPT the shield or legendaries will get reworked EXCEPT the shield.

When they make a general statement about legendaries, it’s not unreasonable to assume that statement applies to all legendaries.

lnguy.5127

Flameseeker is INCREDIBLE. Sure, footfalls are missing and every Leggie should have some, but what it lacks in footfalls it makes up with the most obvious effect of a Leggie out there.

EDIT: You got it based on how it was, which means you clearly enjoyed it, so how can you complain it’s not updated? It’s a pretty idiotic thing to do to purchase an item and hope it gets updated.

An example to illustrate my point, you working at a job that you really enjoy. You work as hard as your coworkers and yet they have got a raise except for you. How would you feel?

Flissy.4093

An example to illustrate my point, you working at a job that you really enjoy. You work as hard as your coworkers and yet they have got a raise except for you. How would you feel?

You’re comparing cosmetics in a game to something that controls your entire life and well-being.

FSPs effect is arguably the most obvious. As I said, footfalls are missing, but apart from that it REALLY does not need anything changing.

Light Up the Darkness

lnguy.5127

I’m not saying FSP and a real job have the same value. My point is they should have the same standard for all legendaries. If all precursors have the same chance of dropping and use pretty equal amount of mats to craft. Aesthetically, it should be on the same level.

I was slightly disappointed after I crafted it (misled from the devs) but I was ok. Then they announced that legendary animations will get improved, (false) hope. Then they announced that the shield will stay as is (poking at an old wound).

Posted by: derekgrant.6504

derekgrant.6504

I also made this reddit thread, hoping to get some community support, but as you can see people don’t understand the issue and the severe impact it can have: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1lf40q/its_time_for_something_to_be_done/. This thread is linked in the post.

Posted by: ionic.2106

ionic.2106

I Made 2 post about flame seeker and it doesn’t really get any love. I wish they would add some burning pages as foot prints or burning words engulfing the wielder. I doubt we will see any changes or added effects, so i guess we just suck it up.

Posted by: psy.5437

psy.5437

This would be the second time ANet have passed over the FSP for a visual upgrade. My friends with legendary wepaons will be running about with glows, auras, special projectiles, footsteps, sound effects on top of an awesome looking weapon and the FSP I wield will do none of those things except glow and turn pages.

I still love the look of it but it is a bit disappointing to be honest.

Posted by: Gburzak.7035

Gburzak.7035

As an owner of FSP, I would hate to see it changed. I do not want footsteps, I do not want aura, I too believe this legendary is close to perfect as it is.

It’s all in the details and design, really. Many people made this one because they liked it as it is. Let’s keep it that way, and wait for another legendary shield? I am pretty certain we will soon get something to choose from.

Posted by: Forgeweld.8413

Forgeweld.8413

As another owner of FSP, an engineer, I am disappointed. Out of combat the shield doesn’t do any thing special, unlike most, if not all other legendaries now (after the next update, that is) In combat it’s mostly not visible for me at all.

While the shield has a nice texture, it’s lackluster in effects. Since the moment I made it, before Predator and Quip got all fancy, I was looking forward to a visual update. A visual update come for those, and I got even more hopeful that I’d be running around with footfalls and some cool weapon effects as well, but alas. I was really, really disappointed as an engineer. I would’ve liked something to show off out of combat.
I wish I could switch it for Quip now. Making the shield was a waste of time compared to making something else instead; I can’t show my shield off any way.

(edited by Forgeweld.8413)

Posted by: Soja.5918

Soja.5918

Flameseeker Prophecies doesn’t need any stupid footfalls to cramp its surreal elegance. I personally think that most of the legendaries are too over the top with the particle effects and look more like gag weapons than anything “legendary.”

One of the reasons I haven’t invested any time or effort into making a legendary is that most of them look too garish or loony for my tastes. I make exceptions for a few: Bifrost, Flameseeker Prophecies, the Greatswords, and Bolt. The Flameseeker Prophecies actually looks the part of its tier and doesn’t need to make its wielder leave scorch marks or whatever with every step.

Also, I suspect that off-hand only weapons in general don’t get things like footfalls, though owners of the torch or focus are free to contradict me if this is untrue.

The Crystal Desert beckons us. Ascension awaits us.

Keirlann Aurion – Ranger – Chieftain of the Ace Guard [AceG]

Posted by: Forgeweld.8413

Forgeweld.8413

This is indeed not true, Soja. The torch and warhorn do leave footprints. The minstrel will probably do the same the next patch. Leaving the Flameseeker as the only off-hand without footprints.

(edited by Forgeweld.8413)

Posted by: Soja.5918

Soja.5918

I believe, then, that some parity should be in order. Even though I am still not a fan of footfalls, having an odd man out seems… well, odd.

The Crystal Desert beckons us. Ascension awaits us.

Keirlann Aurion – Ranger – Chieftain of the Ace Guard [AceG]

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Happy? Of course, that’s why I crafted this expensive piece of gear.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I think changing most of the already existing Legendaries is not a good idea. People who crafted it for weeks/months already knew what they would get (enough Youtube videos online)… some of them crafted it because it’s exactly the way they want their Legendary.

Now we have people who spent so much time to make a Legendary of a specific look to fit their characters look and suddenly they “update” the Legendary to have a different glow at night, have footsteps when some people don’t want to be that etc etc.

They should just give the alternative option to keep the old look, people who want a shinier weapontye should wait for the new Legendaries.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Posted by: I Draw Slug.8072

I Draw Slug.8072

No change to Twilight/Sunrise/Flameseeker Prophecies/Rodgort – we felt they were awesome already.

It is a joke!
Flameseeker just has animation/shining, no footfalls as them
They are awesome already. What about Flameseeker?!
There are more and more new skins / weapons better looking than legendaries and more effects
Footfalls are awesome things of legendaries and only legendaries have.
Why not add footfalls to all legendaries?

lnguy.5127

People that said “I don’t want over the top animations. It’s fine the way it is.” Should read my post and replies carefully. The animations are fine WHEN it is shown which is only when you are in combat.

So lets go back in time when they announced it. They said legendaries will have:
1. Special animations
2. Foot prints
3. Auras
4. Changes the way your skills look.
5. Changes the way your armor look.
6. Especial sound effects.

I like playing shield on my guardian. So when I created (probably one of the first ones) I expected it to have all of the above features or at least most of them. So I was greatly disappointed when only 1 (may be 0.5 since animation is only there half of the time) out of 6 mentioned features are there. While the rest of the legendaries have 4-5 of 6 features. There should be some standard (like 4/6 features included in each legendary).

My complaint isn’t about the animation on FSP, where is the rest of the features that you proudly promised legendaries will have? To make matters worse, the rest of the legendaries have those features except for FSP.

I wouldn’t be mad tbh if they didn’t say anything about especial features in legendaries but the fact that they misled players is what got me. And then again they misled us by making a blanket statement that legendaries will be reworked and then exclude FSP.

Posted by: Adondan.4092

Adondan.4092

I like the appearance of my FSP but what really makes me angry is that the light emitted when the shield is drawn can only be seen by the owner while much stronger effects of other legendaries can be seen by everyone!
Additionally i would like to have an option to remove aegis (or atleast the visual effect). It really spoils this almost perfect shield on a guard!

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328

I`m agree with topic starter

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

I was going for FSP, but not anymore. I don’t want it changed. I don’t want burning pages coming off the thing or as footfalls. It doesn’t even make sense. Ghostly words might be cool as footfalls, but I like FSP as it is. It’s noble and tasteful.

I quit going for a legendary altogether. I’m not going to spend so much time and effort to get something I like and have them change it. I’m just saving the stuff so when they do change it I can just sell all the mats and Chosen. I just can’t ever trust that things won’t be changed later.

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

Came to this thread expecting a discussion of GW1’s lore.

Got a complaint about gear.

Welcome to GW2. Sigh.

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

Farzo.8410

Came to this thread expecting a discussion of GW1’s lore.

Got a complaint about gear.

Welcome to GW2. Sigh.

One must read things to understand.

You do not.

The thread is about appearance.

Posted by: hdinh.8091

hdinh.8091

I am about to finish this legendary (after ANet fixes the world completion bug) but i agree, ANet is really screwing over engi’s.. Engineers have 3 option to which legendary they can get: The Predator- Only good for full zerk dungeon/ HGH. Quip- Ugly/ silly/ very trolly. The Flameseeker Prophecies- Little effects/ nice skin.

It is very disapointing, ANet should have at least given a fiery aura, or something that connects to the lore

Sylvari Engineer
Viennotair/ Sar (r’s x 9)

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Not that it helps, none of the offhand does footfalls, and if you have two legendaries on the mains take over. So FSP is off hand. Even say quip as off hand does nothing, that could be seen to the Devs as they have the turning page effect still on an offhand legendary. Just my thoughts, but I so think it could benefit from a touch up.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

So lets go back in time when they announced it. They said legendaries will have:
1. Special animations
2. Foot prints
3. Auras

Link please? Because I sure as hell don’t remember them ever saying or even suggesting all of them would have all of these things and that they’d all be exactly the same in their snowflake-like specialness.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Farzo.8410

1. Special animations
2. Foot prints
3. Auras

Link please? Because I sure as hell don’t remember them ever saying or even suggesting all of them would have all of these things and that they’d all be exactly the same in their snowflake-like specialness.

I don’t think they announced that every legendary would have those effects.

This is the one of the video I can find about legendaries from ArenaNet, but it’s nothing new about it, really.

It’s just so sad how the legendaries ended up to be credit card weapons.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/my-legend-grows-forging-your-first-legendary-weapon/

Legendary Weapons are an impressive meld of art and effects. They show off your accomplishments and allow you to change your character’s footprints, projectiles, and much more. They’re designed to stand out and show everyone that you are a true master of Guild Wars 2.

I cringe.

(edited by Farzo.8410)

Flissy.4093

It’s just so sad how the legendaries ended up to be credit card weapons.

Agreed. And they won’t change with the next set they release.

Light Up the Darkness

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

No thank you, don’t ruin the only legendary that doesn’t look ridiculously gross.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]