The Forgotten City WATER SLIDE!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Go to the east side of Tarir (The Forgotten City), and you will see a waterfall. It drops onto a big SLIDE. This slide lets you actually slide! Step onto it, and your character strikes a pose as he surfs his way to the bottom of the ramp!

This is an amusing distraction for a little while, but I have two wishes:

• 1) I wish we could do EMOTES on the Water Slide. For some reason, ANet kills that ability. People would have a ton more fun seeing what clever poses they could strike on the way down.
  • 2) I wish in-game ice acted “slippery” like this. Either that, or let us buy ICE SKATES that give us this effect on ice. It’d be an awesome addition to Wintersday! (Remember how fun it was to “skate” in Marhan’s Grotto in GW1 before they nerfed it?)

How about it, people? After a few times down the water slide, what can you do to “spice it up”? Do Legendary Weapons leave footprints or Aura trails? What skills/spell effects make it a more interesting ride? (Tumbling works, but I couldn’t get a decent screen shot). Maybe a Box ’o Fun at the top, so you can PETRIFY yourself in an amusing pose for the trip to the bottom?

Get creative! What can YOU do to spice up the Forgotten City Water Slide?

Attachments:

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

Go to the east side of Tarir (The Forgotten City), and you will see a waterfall. It drops onto a big SLIDE. This slide lets you actually slide! Step onto it, and your character strikes a pose as he surfs his way to the bottom of the ramp!

This is an amusing distraction for a little while, but I have two wishes:

• 1) I wish we could do EMOTES on the Water Slide. For some reason, ANet kills that ability. People would have a ton more fun seeing what clever poses they could strike on the way down.
  • 2) I wish in-game ice acted “slippery” like this. Either that, or let us buy ICE SKATES that give us this effect on ice. It’d be an awesome addition to Wintersday! (Remember how fun it was to “skate” in Marhan’s Grotto in GW1 before they nerfed it?)

How about it, people? After a few times down the water slide, what can you do to “spice it up”? Do Legendary Weapons leave footprints or Aura trails? What skills/spell effects make it a more interesting ride? (Tumbling works, but I couldn’t get a decent screen shot). Maybe a Box ’o Fun at the top, so you can PETRIFY yourself in an amusing pose for the trip to the bottom?

Get creative! What can YOU do to spice up the Forgotten City Water Slide?

How did you get purple undergarments?

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

How did you get purple undergarments?

Art program magic. I can’t stand those pee-yellow undies.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I am so going to do this next time i ja e to kill time to continue LW.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Hamfast, love your ideas on this. There should be more spots like this in game.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I wish Anet would put more things like this in the game…

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.