The Game feel kind of unplayable to me.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Batch.3081

Batch.3081

I used to play Guild Wars 2 at least half a year ago from launch, but stopped because of HSC exams and so forth. Finally finished I decided to make my way back to this game….and it’s so….laggy, just the pve it seems, that all I want to do. I know it isn’t my net because I can play LoL just fine. I really want to get back into this but I can when it takes 1-2 seconds just to perform an action and then this can raise up to about 10 seconds then freeze out completely to a minute, or the game just kicks me out.

I live in Australia and am apart of Borlis Pass. I need help with this, or would like to know when the issue (if it isnt just me) will be solved and when.

Thanks.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I live in Australia as well, and have no real problems with lag, unless my network itself if slow, which happens periodically. But most of the time my skills activate immediately.

Posted by: justkoh.4073

justkoh.4073

I have noticed much more ‘visual lag’ recently though… not sure if this is what is meant.

Three examples,
1. I walk to a resource node but cannot harvest it. I have to walk around it (around + front and back), all the time pressing ‘F’ to finally get an interaction a few steps away from the node,

2. In the Toxic Tower in Kessex, I suddenly die (no attacks etc) on the ramps leading up to the final platform and no one seems to be able to rez me even though they see me. Then I relog and apparently, I’ve fallen to my death and my body is really far under the platform.

3. In the Toxic Tower again, I believe I am standing next to the Dyson air purifier to get rid of the toxic spores but after waiting 2 minutes, it doesn’t get removed. Again, I relog and apparently I am some distance away.

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

I have noticed much more ‘visual lag’ recently though… not sure if this is what is meant.

Three examples,
1. I walk to a resource node but cannot harvest it. I have to walk around it (around + front and back), all the time pressing ‘F’ to finally get an interaction a few steps away from the node,

2. In the Toxic Tower in Kessex, I suddenly die (no attacks etc) on the ramps leading up to the final platform and no one seems to be able to rez me even though they see me. Then I relog and apparently, I’ve fallen to my death and my body is really far under the platform.

3. In the Toxic Tower again, I believe I am standing next to the Dyson air purifier to get rid of the toxic spores but after waiting 2 minutes, it doesn’t get removed. Again, I relog and apparently I am some distance away.

Hey, I got this too. Problem 1 in particular, i usually dodge out and dodge back in again.

Also, to add some other weird stuff happening is like,
-going out of water and onto land but still wielding/having aquatic weapons. Again dodging seems to fix this. But this has never happened this much until the recent patches.
-game lags, no skill activations etc and party members seem like they keep running and running and into wall but still running… for over 10 seconds sometimes, if not more. While id usually say this is network lag, the in game chat was still very active.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

My SO has no problems from Australia to Jade Quarry, about 250ms ping. You most likely have ISP routing issues, which causes lag to some games but not others, depending on their physical location in the world. Type /ip into the chat box in-game to get the IP address of the server, and then use an online traceroute / lag checker tool.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: Dragonax.6487

Dragonax.6487

I’m having the same problem just recently, the game has become extremely laggy after the Nightmare Tower patch 2 weeks ago. I posted several times about this issue hoping for a fix and received a warning instead.

So, to put it simple:

1: Do not play this game if you are in Oceania and don’t have good Internet.

2: Expect the game to perform worse as more contents are updated.

3: If you have technical problems, seeking help from Anet is rather delusional, solve it yourself or just quit.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

If you see other players running into walls and such it’s probably because their computer froze. This happens to me at least once a day but it is my computer not the game because it happens no matter what program i’m using. I think the stuff the OP mentioned are bugs possibly. I also have times where i push buttons but no interaction occurs.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Demifis Deathstrider.6451

Demifis Deathstrider.6451

Anet: Please send mass email to everyone when fixed. Guess I’ll go play outside a while or something until then :’-(