The Games Current Direction

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

I want to start off by saying there is no right or wrong answer to this question. I think everyone is entitled to there opinion and they should be respected.

My question is pretty simple do you like the current direction the game is going? Please give reasons why you do or don’t. I have no idea if they read these thread’s I would assume they do but I am not sure.

My personal opinon I do not like the direction the game is currently going in. There are a number of things I think need some serious improvement.

This game is riddled with bug’s big and small. I know some of the bugs are not a huge deal like mesmer blink causing u to slide until you jump. Other bugs are a huge huge deal like the poorly designed finally boss on the new TA dungeon. What happens is if you get to close to the generator’s they rubber band around.

Another thing I do not enjoy is lack luster crafting system where 98% of the 400-500 crafts are BOA (Bind On Account). There is also the time-gated material’s which are not BoA that can be bought on the TP. That make’s no since to me either and I think the argument will it allow’s casual’s to catch up is flimsy at best. I would personally like to be able to use my crafting to help fellow guildes and friends out but am unable to.

The new harder Tequatl fight is another glaring issue with the game. I love the idea and mechanics behind the fight I think there simply awesome. The problem is its not instance based. The fight is a raid based fight and requires strategic planning yet in most cases you have a max of 30-50 people who know what there doing with another 100 that have no clue hoping they can spam 1 for a kill.

There is also the fact its now pretty much dead content. I had a guildy who went to Tequatl a few nights ago he said on the main map there where 3 people waiting. He then went to blackgate one of the heaviest most populated servers. He said there might have been 80 people waiting for it. What I have read it takes at least a 100 to have a fair shot at killing Tequatl. That means in another 1-2months it will be a ghost town where maybe 5 or 6 people show up and get there butt’s kicked.

The living story has also in my eye’s been a bad direction to take the game in. I personally would prefer. Major Quarterly update’s where they add in a new dungeon and a living story leading up to it. I am tired already of the bogus filler content. We have huge evil dragons flying around ravaging the world. We are busy fighting pirates and a ticked off flower.

One more thing I will mention I think they need to take a step back and remember this game is called Guildwars I feel like guild’s are not there main focus or even there sub focus. Bringing the community together is fine but they shouldn’t be force feeding it to people like there trying to do.

I do enjoy the game and I do plan to continue to play, but at the same time I don’t see my self playing in another 6month’s. Major changes need to start happening soon or my personal opinion is this game will take the same road that Rift and Starwars Old Republic has.

I am curious to here what the community feels also. Who know’s maybe we can help shape the game we love.

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Good post and I agree. What odd is that for the tequatl fight, there are guilds dedicated to killing it which are public, but they do require management and they clutter up the guild system, which already ultra-cluttered, to even a greater degree. What the heck?

Also the updates lack that consitency and instead some end up being complete fillers while the small portion are actually worth it all. So it’s a very uneven experience which is never a very good thing for a constant enjoyment of the game.

And the gemstore needs to stop being so integral to every update. Without it you miss a huge portion of the new contents rewards so to say and feel a little lacking if you can acquire none of it. It should be available in more forms than just the store.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

(edited by Gasoline.2570)

Posted by: The Sixteenth.2561

The Sixteenth.2561

I am quite confortable with their direction, you can sell all the crafting component to someone but the vision stone, which i think is normal, who need an ascended weapon when you have exotics ? When we were all full exotics, nothing was that hard, it’s mostly for fractals who gets harder and WvW for maximal stat, so if you can’t get 500 of each T7 raw mat, you don’t need it. Though the dragonite is a little annoying when you lag/freeze/crash a lot.
Living story are event that happens in the same time as we fight the dragon, we are actually still fighting Zhaitan and his zombies in Orr until a new story mission comes.
Guild wars, from the lore, was before the searring, it started to end in gw1, so you can presume, from a lore point of view, there won’t be guild wars, the title is just to show the continuity between gw1&2.
Gw1 was initally 100% pvp, then lore came with pve, then more pve and more pvp, but in lore, it’s less pvp, and even in cantha with the faction fighting, in lore, you kinda united them. All the lore pointed towars unity against a bigger threat.

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

The lack of people at Tequatl on my server has me concerned. The last several times I’ve gone there, I saw less than a half dozen people there. Although I think they made the fight interesting, it is being bypassed now.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!