The Gear in Guild Wars 2

The Gear in Guild Wars 2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Leetimus.5786

Leetimus.5786

Okay so let me start off by saying that Guild Wars 2 is my favorite MMO ever, ive played just about every single one worth playing, and this one is the only one that feels EPIC, massive battles on a huge scale is awesome. The combat is great, the graphics are great for an mmo ( best looking mmo out there ). WvWvW is a blast. Im having some trouble really getting into S-PvP. I think if there was PvP that used your PvE character and stats that it would be more enjoyable. But thats not why i made this thread.

My issue with the game is the gear(armor/weapons etc.). When i played other MMO games like WoW, Tera, Age of conan, etc when i saw a character with awesome armor, i would walk up to him and think “Wow that armor looks AWESOME”.

But in guild wars 2, all of the armor seems so colorful and bright, and none of it really looks diverse except a couple sets, a level 30 doesn’t look any more bad kitten than a level 75, for example, on my level 75 elementalist, through the whole games ive seen only 3 different looking helmet models. And they all looks stupid cause theyre just hoods. I see like 3-4 different sets that people have that look awesome. But everyone has it. I understand there cant be a unique set for every single player in the game. But i rarely have had that feeling of seeing an awesome piece of armor and thinking " what is THAT?! " Does anyone else agree with me.?

Please don’t flame and tell me go to back to those other MMO’s because i’m not bashing Guild Wars 2, i love it. Its just this one thing that seems to be off about the game.

Does Anet plan on adding more gear to the game to make characters look more unique, or is it always going to be focused around those few specific cool looking sets of gear?

(edited by Leetimus.5786)

The Gear in Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Jazzabelle.6531

Jazzabelle.6531

+1

I totally agree especially considering the main thing in this game is to get armour and weapon skins. There is not one armour set for my ele/mes/necro that IN MY OPINION is even half decent. Same goes with the Guardian armour … in fact I havent seen any armour at all that would have me grinding for days in dungeons to achieve. Therefore once level cap is reached the game is literally dead for me.

Female in real life and it saddens me that there is literally no really awesome armour for my girls to wear in game.

The Gear in Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Don’t rush it, game has been out for seven months now.

I’d rather have them focus on the class balance and technical performance before working on cosmetics and vanity items.

The Gear in Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Where did you get hoods for an ele?
I would love more armour and weapon skins- half the fun to me is finding the perfect look for my characters more diversity would allow for more individual characters.
Add hair and faces to that while we are at it

The game is only 7 months old- I am sure we will see many many more skins and customisation options down the road

Gunnar’s Hold

The Gear in Guild Wars 2

Leetimus.5786

All i ever find is hoods, everywhere, either that, or that pendant thing that goes on your forehead.

And yes it is 7 months old, that is what excites me so much about this game, its still young, and theres so much potential to make it such a perfect mmo, while still staying true to the guild wars development idea that Anet has. Would just be cool to see an update that added new complete armor sets, rather than just a simple staff skin.

The Gear in Guild Wars 2

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

maybe they waiting to release more skin in the future gem store updates, and more and more in the BL chest gambling. so save you keys woot Woot WOOT WOOOT WOOOOOOT WOOOOT

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

The Gear in Guild Wars 2

Leetimus.5786

Would love to get an official statement from Anet on this since i haven’t seen anything about it on the forums.

The Gear in Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Would love to get an official statement from Anet on this since i haven’t seen anything about it on the forums.

Official statement from Anet about what? That they’ll be adding stuff to the game? Specifically skins? You really don’t need a statement for that. There’s not going to be a time table, so what would the official statement do for you?

The Gear in Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I’d rather have them focus on the class balance and technical performance before working on cosmetics and vanity items.

^this.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

The Gear in Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Brewbeer.8239

Brewbeer.8239

http://argos-soft.net/GW2ArmorGallery/

Take a look. Armor in this game is varied. Just because you haven’t been finding sets, don’t mean they don’t exist.

The Gear in Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Synda Raines.1836

Synda Raines.1836

This indeed, and i really hope they give us better looking in the near future.

However, you have to admit they did a lazy, cheap and lousy job on the armour. I think in this case it’s viable to make a comparison to GW 1. Most of the Prophecies starter armour looks better then anything in GW 2. And dont get me started on the crap Exotic armor. Okay, off course it’s a matter of personal taste but compare any GW 2 exotic, karma, dungeon armor to Prophecies prestige armor. Elementalist flame or stone forgerd, warrior elite templar, necro cultist or necrotic, mesmer rogue or enchanter. Those were worth the grind and gold, loved them.

Then Anet did even better with some of the Factions armor, Shin Jea or the Krytan necro armor, Cantha or Kurz elite warrior. Personally almost all the female elementalist faction armors with elite Canthan & Kurz being absolutely stunning. The mesmer elite Cantha a good 3th and Luxon 4th.

Then came Nightfall, personaly i found those only so so, but still better then anything i have seen in GW 2. Dervish Vabbi or Primeval were nice. Only the assassin Ancient armor is more ridiculous then anything GW 2.

And then to top it all of they gave us Eye of the North. Warrior Norn or Asuran, necro Deldrimor, elementalist Norn, ritualist Asura or Norn. And my personal number 1 Monument female ranger armor.

Luckily I have my heritage armor, to me it comes closest to all the good armors we had in GW 1.

So lets hope Anet redeems itself on the armor front in the future, because we know they can do it, most of us have the proof in their GW 1 HoM.

(edited by Synda Raines.1836)

The Gear in Guild Wars 2

Leetimus.5786

Take a look. Armor in this game is varied. Just because you haven’t been finding sets, don’t mean they don’t exist.

Wow there are a lot of cool ones now that i look, seen some that look really cool. Just wish they were different so its not the same heavy medium or light armor for all races just scaled up or down accordingly.

The Gear in Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Murderin.8269

Murderin.8269

Try mixing armor sets, you can get some pretty unique looks.

My warrior has 3 different sets mixed up.

Attachments:

(edited by Murderin.8269)

The Gear in Guild Wars 2

Leetimus.5786

Yea, im still a long way from actually getting any of that gear, ( i think ). I was just curious as to what i was in for once i hit 80. Because to me, making my character look cool is my favorite part of any mmo. Or any game where you level up and get new gear at that matter.

The Gear in Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Murderin.8269

Murderin.8269

Yea, im still a long way from actually getting any of that gear, ( i think ). I was just curious as to what i was in for once i hit 80. Because to me, making my character look cool is my favorite part of any mmo. Or any game where you level up and get new gear at that matter.

The game has pretty good armor variety. Most of it is pretty easy to obtain too. Besides the T3 cultural armor, that is pretty expensive.

You can preview items in game and even preview different dye combos from the trading post. Some items aren’t available on it, but you can visit the vendor that sells that item to preview it and experiment with dye types to see what you like most.

You can also go to the heart of the mist pvp area and try on gear at the PvP locker.

The Gear in Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Jazzabelle.6531

Jazzabelle.6531

LOL I thought you had actually found some half decent armour however the link just shows more of the same old ugly stuff

The Gear in Guild Wars 2

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

While i’d love more armour skins tbh GW2 is one of the few MMOs i’ve played where i haven’t looked like a clown while levelling. Even though there’s various armour sets i don’t like the looks of they’ve merely resulted in me not being interested in them (a vocalisation of “meh”) as opposed to making me feel like i’m being made a fool of.