The Gift of Maguuma Mastery

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

“For this gift, your dedication to the game will be tested: you’ll need materials that can only be acquired after completing ALL of the Heart of Maguuma Masteries, map completion of the expansion zones, and a lot of each of the map-specific currencies. "

Note I put emphasis on the most important part… lolololol Don’t expect getting a new legendary any time soon!

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

“For this gift, your dedication to the game will be tested: you’ll need materials that can only be acquired after completing ALL of the Heart of Maguuma Masteries, map completion of the expansion zones, and a lot of each of the map-specific currencies. "

Note I put emphasis on the most important part… lolololol Don’t expect getting a new legendary any time soon!

You forgot the part where the legendary specific gift takes as long as doing all 3 tiers for the precursor.

Yup more forcing to play the way we tell/want you to and no longer “play your way”

This is what a lot of people wanted. They disliked that legendary weapons could essentially be bought off the TP so this is what everyone gets.

Posted by: zxstanyxz.8769

zxstanyxz.8769

Yup more forcing to play the way we tell/want you to and no longer “play your way”

you dont need to have the legendary weapons, they are a QOL item, therefore it is play your way, you can choose whether to work towards it or not.

Posted by: Canakun.8031

Canakun.8031

Yes, you are expected to play the game before you are allowed to craft the new legendaries.
If you don’t like playing the game there are plenty of other skins you can get.

Mamorou Itou Defense Club.
Protect him at all costs.

Posted by: Tuthan.3250

Tuthan.3250

Before HoT, “OMG! It’s gonna take too much works and time to get new legendary, let’s play how we want!!!”

After HoT, “OMG! We have nothing else to do, the game has so little content, I’m bored!!!”

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

you 3 that quoted me congrats on missing the my point

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

you dont need to have the legendary weapons, they are a QOL item, therefore it is play your way, you can choose whether to work towards it or not.

I think you mean cosmetic. Not much QoL there unless they also let you pop out the upgrades when out of combat.

Ayrilana.1396

So you want them to allow you to choose your journey rather than have one specific to the lore behind each legendary? How else could they have done it if it were account bound?

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Personally I LOVE burning through content. The reasoning is because then I am freed up to play what I want, when I want, how I want… The new Legendary system for the new legendaries is so horrendously time gated it’s sickening… first the ludicrous amount of time spent “crafting” the various iterations of the precursor, then the various gifts. The most insane time sink of all of course being this “Gift of Maguuma Mastery” More like “Gift of not being able to do anything else in the game”… 100% map completion of new zones (that’s cool), Lots of the new currenices (I can deal with that), MAX out ALL of the Maguuma masteries (wait… what?). Yep… 32 mastery points AND 32.5 MILLION xp gained while in Maguuma…

So much for wanting to spend time in the New Fractals or checking out the new WvW stuff or working on Scribe for my guild hall…

This is single handedly the LARGEST time sink Anet has ever introduced.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Noone forces you to build the new legendaries as fast as possible. It wont kill you if it takes 6 months

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

Personally I LOVE burning through content. The reasoning is because then I am freed up to play what I want, when I want, how I want… The new Legendary system for the new legendaries is so horrendously time gated it’s sickening… first the ludicrous amount of time spent “crafting” the various iterations of the precursor, then the various gifts. The most insane time sink of all of course being this “Gift of Maguuma Mastery” More like “Gift of not being able to do anything else in the game”… 100% map completion of new zones (that’s cool), Lots of the new currenices (I can deal with that), MAX out ALL of the Maguuma masteries (wait… what?). Yep… 32 mastery points AND 32.5 MILLION xp gained while in Maguuma…

So much for wanting to spend time in the New Fractals or checking out the new WvW stuff or working on Scribe for my guild hall…

Solomon Darkfury gets it!

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Ayrilana.1396

At least people can’t buy them like the original set, right?

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Noone forces you to build the new legendaries as fast as possible. It wont kill you if it takes 6 months

the point is… If I am TRULY supposed to be allowed to “play my way” which has been the GW2 Mantra since launch then why time gate something so badly?

Take for instance ascended… if you TRULY want to you can bypass the time gate by buying the materials BUT if you must go with the time gating a full set of armor worst case for celestial is like a month… That’s somewhat reasonable.

To put something like new legendary weapons behind that much grind that realistically unless you are jobless and lifeless you more than likely won’t get one for MONTHS.

Canakun.8031

Explain how we missed the your point

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Legendaries are not supposed to be aquired in a few weeks. You can play the game the way you want but do not expect to get the best rewards fast.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

If it is 32.5 million exp points, thats the equivalent of leveling (not crafting, tombing etc) from 1-80 seven times :S.

Canakun.8031

the point is… If I am TRULY supposed to be allowed to “play my way” which has been the GW2 Mantra since launch then why time gate something so badly?

Take for instance ascended… if you TRULY want to you can bypass the time gate by buying the materials BUT if you must go with the time gating a full set of armor worst case for celestial is like a month… That’s somewhat reasonable.

To put something like new legendary weapons behind that much grind that realistically unless you are jobless and lifeless you more than likely won’t get one for MONTHS.

You people constantly seem to be misinterpreting the “play how you want” ideology.

What it is: “there are multiple game modes, and each have the opportunity to reward you meaningfully for the time you spend within that game mode”

What it isn’t (and this is where Yoda and Solomon seem confused): “I do any combination of any quality or quantity of content that I deem appropriate and I should be rewarded with anything I decide I want at the time for doing that content.”

Legendary weapons exist to show mastery of all game types. Especially the new ones.
The “play how you want” choice revolving around legendaries is the choice as to whether you craft one or not.

Posted by: Tuthan.3250

Tuthan.3250

And for someone with a job/school/life, we are fine with not having a legendary for months. We’re happy to play whatever content Anet creates for us to have fun with.

There are a lot of contents in game, so that nobody is forced to do one thing only. World completion, World bosses, Dungeon, Fractals, Raids, PvP, Guild missions, the list go on and on. Legendary crafting isn’t on my top list of thing to do, unless I want to get one in the future.