The HMS Divinity (new rifle)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Alec B.8905

Alec B.8905

here is a link to it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks1-tCVTfvA

this just has to prove the theory that a serious weapon will have a silly counter part and a silly weapon will have a serious weapon.

I like the gun, but it can never trump predator in its life and is harder to make than predator.
I was kind of expecting a really serious and cool plasma blaster that could maybe beat predator, but instead we get a ship in a bottle without the bottle, add the bottle plz.

we can only hope that the next legendaries will at least be better than this. shooshadoo looks like the 6 gods gift to tyria compared to this rifle.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I really like it. I am extremely tempted, but it’s that or our Guild Hall right now

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Not my cup of tea.

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

Pretty disappointing choice considering the current state of the rifle weapon class in the game…

Maybe one of the new elite specs will be pirate or swashbuckler.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I was half expecting it to shoot out pirate ships.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

this just has to prove the theory that a serious weapon will have a silly counter part and a silly weapon will have a serious weapon.

I don’t necessarily agree with this.

Bifrost and Nevermore are both pretty serious and I like both of them.

Chuka and Champawat and the Dreamer are both silly IMO. So I really don’t think your analogy really works 100%. There do seem to be quite a few that follow that pattern however.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I don’t necessarily agree with this.

Bifrost and Nevermore are both pretty serious and I like both of them.

Chuka and Champawat and the Dreamer are both silly IMO. So I really don’t think your analogy really works 100%. There do seem to be quite a few that follow that pattern however.

Chuka is as serious as Nevermore is though.

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Its foot falls and aura are basically a superior version of the crappy Howler ones ;(

Meteorologicus still has no player aura.

RIP 1.0 legendaries that are not the greatswords, staff or Bolt/Incinerate.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Looks amazing, BUT I never use rifle. Yay, because I can save up gold for the next legendary (hoping for sword)

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Disappointed that it was a comic legendary for the least used weapon. I was hoping for a serious themed scepter.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Posted by: Sarnax.8357

Sarnax.8357

Just not a fan of the silly wpns. It would be different if they were releasing 2 legendary’s, one serious and one silly. But as it is I now have to wait for the next release and HOPE it’s actually not a 5 years old’s version of a wpn.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I’m so glad we have The Predator.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I’m happy to stop at Tier 2 The Hunter. I’m not a fan of The Predator. I’ll wait until Rangers get rifles though. I could consider this one if I was making a nautical themed Norn, I think.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: DarkRaijin.6348

DarkRaijin.6348

What’s needed to forge the Gift of HMS Divinity ?

Gift of Wood and not Gift of Metal. Description on shard is wrong or recipe is bugged.

Just crafted it with the Gift of Wood.

Posted by: Quae.5431

Quae.5431

imo this looks terrible. there are really not a lot of great rifle choices, fewer with effects of any kind. A ship. Really? As an engineer I wouldn’t even see it much since I use kits, which makes it even less worth getting. I do think another rifle legendary was needed. But not this.

Posted by: LouWolfskin.3492

LouWolfskin.3492

Honestly, should i ever use a rifle this looks like something fun to use o.o

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Upcoming “legendary” gs. Srsly whats up with these kittened ugly af “legendaries”? I wouldnt get it even if it was for free.

Attachments:

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

I like it, kind of reminds me of Grymm. Working on making it.

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

Predator is still WAY much better……..

Posted by: Meiko Isamura.6352

Meiko Isamura.6352

Hi Anet,

It is now around 16 months after HoT was released. If possible can you please release a generation 2 legendary that is more widely used. Your last 3 releases have been mace, shield, and rifle. Can you please release a weapon that is used in more builds. Sword, great sword, dagger, or hammer please.

Thank you and take care!

Zenith.7301

Hi Anet,

It is now around 16 months after HoT was released. If possible can you please release a generation 2 legendary that is more widely used. Your last 3 releases have been mace, shield, and rifle. Can you please release a weapon that is used in more builds. Sword, great sword, dagger, or hammer please.

Thank you and take care!

That’s more an issue with their terrible PvE balance than anything else.

They balance for spvp so all these weapons in PvE are totally useless.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Also there’s three kitten ed greatswords already, that should be the absolute last one in the second series.

Posted by: Torady.3907

Torady.3907

What’s needed to forge the Gift of HMS Divinity ?

Gift of Wood and not Gift of Metal. Description on shard is wrong or recipe is bugged.

Just crafted it with the Gift of Wood.

Hey ! where do you get the recipe for Gift of The HMS Divinity ?

already crafted Man o’ War , but no new recipe on Hobbs’ fifth tab :/

[HoTs]Ms Judgement

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

you dont, its a mystic forge thing. you can see the components on shard o’ war or whatever those pieces are called.

idk about this rifle. its fat and ungainly and grenade barrage looks really similar to predator and hope, just slightly different animation. i almost rather make quip just for its barrage as something a bit different from the glowy light fest thing.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Torady.3907

Torady.3907

you dont, its a mystic forge thing. you can see the components on shard o’ war or whatever those pieces are called.

idk about this rifle. its fat and ungainly and grenade barrage looks really similar to predator and hope, just slightly different animation. i almost rather make quip just for its barrage as something a bit different from the glowy light fest thing.

I see —-—- oh god maybe i should try reading next time

[HoTs]Ms Judgement

Posted by: Nate.8146

Nate.8146

I don’t mind the HMS Divinity. It has its own niche that I think fits well within the GW2 universe. The cannon sounds more exciting compared to the Predator’s loud futuristic zap noise. The fire and smoke trails from the regular shot as well as the grenade barrage blow the Predator out of the water (ba-dum tshh). The fog effect might also work well with ghostly potions.

The model is a bit bulky, but Shooshadoo demonstrated that legendaries can get pretty wild in size. After all, what good is a legendary if you can’t.. show boat it Nevertheless, crafting one legendary is more than enough for me, so I’ll stick with my Predator. Though I’m surprised several people managed to craft this rifle only, like what, the same day of its release? That’s some hardcore dedicated players right there.

Zenith.7301

I don’t mind the HMS Divinity. It has its own niche that I think fits well within the GW2 universe. The cannon sounds more exciting compared to the Predator’s loud futuristic zap noise. The fire and smoke trails from the regular shot as well as the grenade barrage blow the Predator out of the water (ba-dum tshh). The fog effect might also work well with ghostly potions.

The model is a bit bulky, but Shooshadoo demonstrated that legendaries can get pretty wild in size. After all, what good is a legendary if you can’t.. show boat it Nevertheless, crafting one legendary is more than enough for me, so I’ll stick with my Predator. Though I’m surprised several people managed to craft this rifle only, like what, the same day of its release? That’s some hardcore dedicated players right there.

They know the basic components of every HoT legendary being the exploration, the gifts that don’t involve the precursor (T5 & 6 mats), gift of fortune, and gift of battle.

They also know to stockpile crafting mats usually used for precursors so essentially all they need to do is wait for launch day to get the recipes and just craft.

These legendaries are nothing more than a huge goldsink.

They even with precursor crafting shifted the gold away from the precursors to make precursors irrelevant and placed the majority of the goldsink onto the material sinks instead.

Legendaries didn’t get any cheaper, they actually got more expensive and time consuming.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

They never said precursors were going to be cheaper. Just that we didn’t have to rely on RNG drops/MF to get one if we didn’t want to pay someone who was lucky in getting one.

The revision for new precursors from journey to recipe simply reduces the time to get the precursor and legendary since it’s simply a material sink now. Like I said I saw the HMS Divinity live within an hour of the patch drop as some people just have the mats and gold to crank one out.

I rather see a new legendary/precursor set every LW episode that takes virtually zero time to get than not.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

It doesn’t matter if it’s the Cruise Queen or an old punt. If it uses the same skills as the Predator it will get little use in PvE. Constructing a Legendary weapon should give you something you want to actually use. I use the Predator sometimes but I totally recognize what I’m giving up to use it.

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

I disagree with the comparisons vs The Predator. Divinity used by a Warrior shoots rockets of the size of a WH 40k bolter, with large traces of smoke and strong sounf effects. I would craft it instead of The Predator if my main gets access to the weapon in a decent, viable, specialization.

Zenith.7301

They never said precursors were going to be cheaper. Just that we didn’t have to rely on RNG drops/MF to get one if we didn’t want to pay someone who was lucky in getting one.

The revision for new precursors from journey to recipe simply reduces the time to get the precursor and legendary since it’s simply a material sink now. Like I said I saw the HMS Divinity live within an hour of the patch drop as some people just have the mats and gold to crank one out.

I rather see a new legendary/precursor set every LW episode that takes virtually zero time to get than not.

No, it isn’t. Seriously, man.

The COST of a legendary went up. Material sinks ARE COST. They require time to farm that competes with time making gold.

The most expensive precursor at the time could sell for 1.2k gold, and all you needed besides that were the gift mats. Amount rounded to around 2-2.2k gold total.

The cost of making the new HoT legendaries is around 2.6k gold.

https://www.gw2bltc.com/

Nevermore goes as high as 2.7k gold.

Astralaria even has a 12 day time gating via Zinn books, and if you didn’t make charged quartz earlier there’s also that time gate to boot.

HoT legendary crafting is hardly an improvement.

You’re still left with farming unholy amounts of gold unless you want to take EVEN LONGER to farm the wood/metal yourself, since it’s way more inefficient to farm wood/metal than it is to farm gold.

The RNG was no problem at all with precursors. The problem as usual was the cost of precursors because the RNG was so low.

If drop rates had been increased and driven down the cost, people would have hardly complained about RNG.

What Anet does is it makes legendaries the greatest goldsink because the entire game is about the Gem>Gold conversion economy. They have large gold sinks and limited gold rewards from the game itself to make the gold grind intentionally slow to incentivize people to open their wallets to make the process significantly faster.

(edited by Zenith.7301)