"The Head of the Snake" delayed

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mike O Brien

Mike O Brien

President -- ArenaNet

Next

Hi all,

Sadly we’re not going to be able to launch the new episode “The Head of the Snake” on its intended release date today.

We were hit hard by the Seattle area storm and resulting power outage. We’ve been working to bring everything back online as quickly as possible, but after a series of setbacks, it’s become clear that it won’t be today.

Please accept our apology. We’re going to keep at it through the night and hope to be able to launch tomorrow, but obviously we can’t promise anything.

Mo

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

Really Sad((

I just wanna send my love and undertanding to you! <3

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

(edited by Arden.7480)

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

Well obviously, should have just said that earlier today.

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Thank you for the heads up, Mr OBrien.

Mother Nature can sometimes be very…temperamental.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

No worries, it’s not the end of the world and outside of your control

Cheers for the heads up!

Posted by: senna.9250

senna.9250

Do your best and good luck!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Aww. Well, thanks for trying. Hope to see you tomorrow.

Posted by: Cronos.6532

Cronos.6532

Hi all,

Sadly we’re not going to be able to launch the new episode “The Head of the Snake” on its intended release date today.

We were hit hard by the Seattle area storm and resulting power outage. We’ve been working to bring everything back online as quickly as possible, but after a series of setbacks, it’s become clear that it won’t be today.

Please accept our apology. We’re going to keep at it through the night and hope to be able to launch tomorrow, but obviously we can’t promise anything.

Mo

Please launch it at the regular time tomorrow as opposed to as soon as possible

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
etherealguardians.com

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

They announced there would be a delay earlier but thought they could still rolll it out today.

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

Appreciate the hard work guys. Working overnight can be pretty taxing. Take care! <3

Weather happens. Hard to predict something like that happening in this part of the continent.

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

Pffff, kitten happens…unfortunately this should have been announced hours ago. Some people stayed up all night w8ting for the patch, others planned their schedule so they can free up time to play….

Posted by: Fremtid.3528

Fremtid.3528

Thanks for trying until the very end to get it to us today and thank you for your hard work through the night. It’s not unappreciated. And although I planned to do the update with someone later tonight (even before the snafu) I can just as easily do it tomorrow night.

Posted by: daireon.7094

daireon.7094

Will it be the usual time of around 6pm gmt?
Also dont worry about it these things happen

Posted by: Sanguina X.8301

Sanguina X.8301

Hi all,

Mo

Thanks for letting us know! Stay safe. We <3 you all!

- Sanguina X

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Thanks for the update on it, and thank you for all the hard work you guys have been doing today (and will continue to do) to try to get everything going.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Thank you for letting us know. We realize how hard you all have been working and know you have a long evening ahead of you to get this out for us as soon as you can.

Several us were counting the Tyrian days as we waited and it was 6 days and nights so far!

Posted by: Anna.3918

Anna.3918

I appreciate all Anet does and I know they work really hard! This delay was not their fault, and can’t wait to play when it’s ready! <3

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Jormag took it heavy, you know?

Thanks for letting us know, really appreciated. Take care!

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: brobofrodo.8964

brobofrodo.8964

Was it that hard to say this earlier? You’ve really wasted so much of peoples time and energy by not saying this earlier.

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

You should have said this before!!!

Posted by: Zaron.3270

Zaron.3270

I’m glad I used 8 hours of PTO (paid time off) to play the new raid wing today.

Posted by: FireCrescent.6512

FireCrescent.6512

Yup.

Had my entire day ruined sitting around waiting for any info at all, now my entire week is off schedule. If you have a problem or messed up at least admit to it so people can move on with their days/lives thanks.

‘10 easy steps to slowly choking your MMO to death’ by the Anet Devs

Posted by: RoCkEt LaUnChEr.5893

RoCkEt LaUnChEr.5893

Maybe you should’ve made this statement about 4h ago ,speaking as an EU player

Posted by: Ol Nicodemus.8104

Ol Nicodemus.8104

They’re telling you now.

Posted by: SetBackToDefault.7361

SetBackToDefault.7361

/o/ take all my energy A-Net \o\ love you guys, please don’t overdo the nightshift, let us get a good clean patch, no matter whether it takes one day or more, we’re on your side!

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Thanks for the heads up, Mike! Hope it goes well but obviously there’s only so much you can do so I think that most people will understand if you all need to, you know, go home, eat, see your families and get some sleep. You know all that pesky human stuff.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Was it that hard to say this earlier? You’ve really wasted so much of peoples time and energy by not saying this earlier.

They didn’t say it earlier because they were trying to get it working for us, putting their own time and energy into trying to make the customers happy and keep their promise. Once they realized it wasn’t going to happen, they told us. I’m pretty sure everyone will be fine.

Posted by: Sorin Noroku.5342

Sorin Noroku.5342

Hi all,

Mo

Honestly I’d like it ASAP! I play throughout the night, so if it drops then I could possibly still host the guild event my guildies were looking forward to.

Posted by: Stormwalker.3962

Stormwalker.3962

Will there be a set time that it comes out? I was waiting on that raft by the dam for nearly 6 hours with everyone else waiting for whatever was supposed to happen. It would be appreciated if the time it will come out is given in advance so that I don’t have to worry about waiting there again.

Posted by: BerriosC.7295

BerriosC.7295

To the people complaining about this message not being made earlier, shut up. Stop being crybabys. What time or energy did you waste by not playing the game? Idiots.

Posted by: Drago.4158

Drago.4158

I hope the team is not too bummed that this can’t happen on time! Thank you for the frank honesty, it is appreciated! Best of luck in getting this release out the door when you’re able to do so.

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

My connection still as kittenty as ever….so, even if the patch drop, it will be like the other previous patches, I cannot do kitten because I am getting hit by lag. 1k to 2k pings. And it only happens when a patch is newly landed and sometimes like this one, happens before it suppose to land. Had this problem with , Season 3 patches so far 3 for 3, the Halloween patch, the Wintersday Patch, the Luna New Year Patch (less, but on day one it was kittenty)…..,

Posted by: Sazukikrah.5036

Sazukikrah.5036

So what you guys going to do for the players? What we getting ? some gems would be nice :P

Hadi the Edgemaster – Pro level Warrior (Youtube Hadi the Edgemaster)
Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer
Harbinger " I will make you (QQ)"

Posted by: tanmiro.5918

tanmiro.5918

all of you should re-think what you saying…. for kitty sake… make a game…. try to make it stable for world wide , realese patches every 2 months with content… and then complain….

Your Kitty saltiness is boring… whiners and cry baby all over forum because patch didnt go live today… end of the kitty world… be happy that servers are still running and u can play the game.

Posted by: Raikidd.5803

Raikidd.5803

Next time can we(the common gw2 player) NOT be treated as 2nd class players in comparison with the press http://imgur.com/a/16wjT ? and actually be informed about a delay NOT when the patch had to hit.

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

So what you guys going to do for the players? What we getting ? some gems would be nice :P

You aint gettin’ jack yo, slow your roll.

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

Posted by: BerriosC.7295

BerriosC.7295

You’re asking for gems? Really? We don’t deserve anything for the delay. kitten happens, not being a child about it.

Posted by: Sazukikrah.5036

Sazukikrah.5036

Hi all,

Mo

I’d rather they have it out earlier tomorrow , or at any time before “regular scheduled time” . They did say they dont have a time, only a day… and well we know how that went. Some say.. Anet has yet again saved content onto one hard-drive and is now making 3 months worth of content in a day. You guys gotta stop doing that!

Hadi the Edgemaster – Pro level Warrior (Youtube Hadi the Edgemaster)
Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer
Harbinger " I will make you (QQ)"

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

…..
…..

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

all of you should re-think what you saying…. for kitty sake… make a game…. try to make it stable for world wide , realese patches every 2 months with content… and then complain….

Your Kitty saltiness is boring… whiners and cry baby all over forum because patch didnt go live today… end of the kitty world… be happy that servers are still running and u can play the game.

Mike’s post implies the problem was pretty dang severe but all messages were things like “just a little bit later than usual” or implying it was always just around the corner, that’s why many players, especially EU players have a legitimate gripe here.

tanmiro.5918

you want gems? … go buy them… you get free LS episode…

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

Next time can we(the common gw2 player) NOT be treated as 2nd class players in comparison with the press http://imgur.com/a/16wjT ? and actually be informed about a delay NOT when the patch had to hit.

Are you kittening for real? You’re comparing that to being treated as a second class citizen?

GW2 community, stay classy, kitten .

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

No, first of all the information was out there already, but anet worked in “good hope” and us without information having many people waiting for hours, and taking a day off tomorow (more like today now), while not having any idea themselves if they can even make it at all. They should have just set the release date to friday since they can be sure to release it there, and tell us so in a timely manner. The way this was handled is extremely unprofessional.

Edit: As it stands now they wanna repeat this charade tomorow as well….
Just set it to friday, or next week even.

Posted by: skarpak.8594

skarpak.8594

relevant german wiki article: http://www.guildwiki.de/wiki/ArenaNet-Zeit

Posted by: Shara.4716

Shara.4716

Since we know that a is Jormags doing…. we need to take the fight to him.

Posted by: SgtGemini.1978

SgtGemini.1978

Smells like salt and entitlement in here. Bleck.

To ArenaNet: Thank you for trying, but weather happens and things break – the majority of us understand! I look forward to tomorrow!

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

They spent their whole day working on it, most likely working more than 8 hours and under stress, and they get comments like “My day is ruined and it’s all your fault”?

Guys you could have just waited for an RSS alert from dulfy and do something else with your lives. This is an unfortunate event that is not their fault at all. You can’t predict these things… come on now…

Thanks for the notice, looking forward to see the new content tomorrow!

EDIT: Releasing a major patch on a Friday? Hope you guys arent software engineers or you’ll spend a lot of weekends working…

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

We should start a go fund me to send Anet some hot cocoa or a space heater or something.

Posted by: Twyn.7320

Twyn.7320

I appreciate the delay but you really should’ve made an executive decision regarding the snowstorm and the unforeseen setbacks earlier to prevent people from wasting their time doing nothing, like taking time off of work which they won’t get back.

However, if the patch is coming ASAP, for the love of god, don’t release the raid wing at the same time. Make sure you release it the day after to give everyone a fair chance at it, otherwise it’s just unfair.

tanmiro.5918

Mike’s post implies the problem was pretty dang severe but all messages were things like “just a little bit later than usual” or implying it was always just around the corner, that’s why many players, especially EU players have a legitimate gripe here.

I`m EU player and i dont see the problem… yes patch is delayed… but what? should i cry and DEMAND like other to know where its on?… its on when its ready… I kitty hope its gonna be delayed for next week… it their stupidity and high demanding that make them like that…