The Hidden Horrors of Lion's Arch

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Daniel Frozenwind.2946

Daniel Frozenwind.2946

As I have been preparing for the Horrorween community event, I have had time to take in the sights and delights of Lion’s Arch at Halloween, and upon investigation I have found that the city itself is coming alive!

At each player hub a horrific creature can be seen if you are to simply look hard enough!

Here are my findings!

Attachments:

One (1) Snowman Helm required. 100k + XXX Ecto.

Daniel Frozenwind.2946

The pictures may take a little while to update, but it’s worth it!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Nice shots. I wonder if they are deliberately placed, or if you’ve just got a great eye for the angles that feed into the human tendency to see faces in anything vaguely symmetrical?

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Wonderful pictures! Quite creepy all of them.

Take heed especially of the last picture. There are two monsters in it. Wintersday is coming!

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

very halloweeny

Attachments:

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

What is that UFO in the first picture? Spooky!

Posted by: KngGilgamesh.3481

KngGilgamesh.3481

great screenshots, especially the first one.

Daniel Frozenwind.2946

That’s a Mad King door. (When Thorn is playing his usual tricks on the poor folk of Lion’s Arch.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Oh! I’m uncertain about ever seeing one floating way up in the sky before. Spoooky!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I didn’t realize it was visible but that has to be where you fall out of the sky into the cauldron when you take a “free candy!” door on the ground.

Posted by: saventis.1485

saventis.1485

i love the free candy door
it totes got me

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Kids, NEVER go with anyone promising free candy. Especially not if the guy has a pumpkin for a head.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Neat pictures. I really hope those are intentional, because it takes the designers’ work on the Halloween decorations to a whole other level (not that the normal décor isn’t great).

Posted by: Valentine.6529

Valentine.6529

If you notice too, the Halloween music that was written for the event has been updated with live instruments. They sound a lot crisper and prettier! Another thing I noticed is when the hands try to grab you in the clock tower they make weird screaming sounds. Another NEW update is they used the screaming sounds from “Escape Lions Arch” event earlier, so now in Lions Arch you can hear the screams of people still trying to escape it. It is creepy. xD

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

That’s a Mad King door. (When Thorn is playing his usual tricks on the poor folk of Lion’s Arch.

Are those doors still around? I haven’t seen any this year.

For those who don’t know, during the first halloween event, there were ‘free-candy’ mad king doors in LA that would sometimes play tricks on you when you knocked, like putting you in a fake loading screen, forever. Or in one case, dropping you out of a door hundreds of feet in to the air…

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

If you notice too, the Halloween music that was written for the event has been updated with live instruments. They sound a lot crisper and prettier! Another thing I noticed is when the hands try to grab you in the clock tower they make weird screaming sounds. Another NEW update is they used the screaming sounds from “Escape Lions Arch” event earlier, so now in Lions Arch you can hear the screams of people still trying to escape it. It is creepy. xD

Awesome! I wish there were a soundtrack of the backgrounds of these creepy instances…

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Are those doors still around? I haven’t seen any this year.

For those who don’t know, during the first halloween event, there were ‘free-candy’ mad king doors in LA that would sometimes play tricks on you when you knocked, like putting you in a fake loading screen, forever. Or in one case, dropping you out of a door hundreds of feet in to the air…

They’re definitely still around. They only appear at certain times, though. They won’t appear during Mad King Says or when Thorn is walking around telling jokes, only during his downtime (when he’s basically warping around playing pranks, including the doors).

Also, which specific doors show up also seems to be random. There are quite a number of them (of the top of my head, at least 5, possibly 6), and sometimes they don’t all appear each round or are in different orders