The Holiday Display Case

The Holiday Display Case

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Preyar.6783

Preyar.6783

Has anyone found this yet? Item
It is account bound, unlike the two other collection starters and there is still no information on how to get it.

Wondrous Achiever \o/

The Holiday Display Case

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Haven’t checked the BL armorsmith for the new BLC weapons, but maybe he has it? Like the one item for the Halloween one, that unlocked/showed the second Halloweens Set of stuff.

This item for this collection

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

The Holiday Display Case

Preyar.6783

Haven’t checked the BL armorsmith for the new BLC weapons, but maybe he has it? Like the one item for the Halloween one, that unlocked/showed the second Halloweens Set of stuff.

This item for this collection

Checked and I’m afraid that it’s not for that. The Wintersday weapons unlock like the rest of the BLTC weapons (except for those special Halloween ones)

Wondrous Achiever \o/

The Holiday Display Case

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I think you can trade in socks/sweaters/hats at the exchange guy for this.

Server: Devona’s Rest

The Holiday Display Case

Posted by: FrostyBou.5491

FrostyBou.5491

Unwanted gift vendor only sells the heirloom toy chest.

The Holiday Display Case

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Are you sure it is not really this:
Fancy Holiday Tonic Cabinet

The Holiday Display Case

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Are you sure it is not really this:
Fancy Holiday Tonic Cabinet

I think that might be a case of copy and paste on the Wiki. Why would they give the same exact item two different names?

I suppose it is possible, though.

Edit: Or one is contained in the other? There may be a Fancy Beverage Cabinet, or some such….as well.

I guess only time will tell. =)

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

The Holiday Display Case

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The two items have different in-game codes, so they are not the same item. It’s possible that this will be used later as part of the Grawnk scavenger hunt (so it’s not released yet), or it was an item that got created, but later removed when it was deemed unnecessary.

The Holiday Display Case

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Someone did link a Fancy Beverage Something or Other in map chat this afternoon. They said it came out of a Giant present.

The Holiday Display Case

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yes, I see (now) the Festive Wrapped Beverage Case gives a choice of Tonics.

It sounded like it might be a Collection unlock item, but I guess not.

The Holiday Display Case

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

After looking at some of the stuff the data miners have dug up, yeah, I’m convinced that this item is linked to the scavenger hunt. My hypothesis:

1. After you’ve fed Grawnk enough Bloodstone food, he’ll tell you where the stolen ornaments are. (They are hidden in chests, possibly JP chests, across the world in different regions.)

2. The orphans give you this Display Case, which opens up a new Collection that lets you collect the missing ornaments. You then need to go collect all the ornaments.

3. Completion of the Collection awards you the Wintersday Gift Tree HI node along with the Star of Gratitude.

The Holiday Display Case

Preyar.6783

Just gave the Grawl the 3rd food item and it gave me this collection item! You also get a title and then the collection achievement for another title and the Christmas tree + star of gratitude. You need to collect 6 ornaments (accessories) in chests throughout Tyria. Time for jumping puzzles I guess

Wondrous Achiever \o/

The Holiday Display Case

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Also Warming Grawnk gives you the Holiday Display Case to start the collection of ornaments for children.