The Improvements We Want

The Improvements We Want

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Billaboong.6821

Billaboong.6821

Hello, the purpose of this post is to regroup all the improvements that the community has asked since the first day of game.
There will be three separated categories: PvE, WvW and PvP. In case an improvement fits both fields it will always be put under PvE, in order to simplify the work.
This list will contain only popular and sensible ideas, it won’t be a personal way to complain and request something. You can contribute by adding a comment explaining how your idea could improve the game.
This is a completely unofficial post, expect Anet to read it but not to satisfy every request made. I hope that it will bring some order in the communication between community and devs and that will help them knowing what we, as a community, want to enjoy more this awesome game.

PvE

• Better filter for the Trading Post wich allows you to search betwenn Ligh, Medium and Heavy armor.
  • Knowing wich crafting profession you have unlocked on your character without having to actually select it and lose time on screen charging time.
  • Account bound bag, this way buying items such as infinite gathering tools and Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic would make more sense for those who use more than one character.
  • Add more values to the Account Wallet. It’s been an excellent feature but it still isn’t used as its best, an example is having events tokens being an item and not in the wallet, getting back in the game of months.
  • Use All, when you find yourself with stack of Luck, Karma consumables or any other Bag you have to click them one by one wich can be very painfull when you get multiple stacks of 250 items.
  • Saving builds: this is a feature that was on Guild Wars 1, basically it allows you to save a build and change it with one click. Right now you have to change everything manually step by step. It would save huge amounts of time.
  • Autolooter: I don’t see why this is considered an hack, you would take your bags manually anyway or you can just blind a key for Area Loot and spam it as you go, autolooter would take automatically all the loot you make.
  • In dungeons add a quest tracker for incomplete dungeon paths, so you know which you need to do before given a choice.
  • Add more options for the vendor’s mass-sell: Sell Whites, Sell Blues instead of the
    simple Sell Junk.
  • Personal chat: some people like to chat with only some friends but this is not possible, it would also improve other for of organziation such as a Commander Chat in WvW, or a Guilds Leaders chat.
  • Ingame Moderators: it would scare people much more by knowing that some superheores are watching Tyria to make sure nobody is doign anything bad. If you get more than 5 reports in a period of time for the same issue it means that there actually is a problem to solve.
  • Dungeon Exploiting: This is an issue that has been going on for ages, Anet fix an exploit and people already have a new one ready. Instead of addign invisible walls just make it that to finish the dungeon you have to kill all the bosses. Who cares if someone wants to explore the map in a different way
  • Many gems store items aren’t worth it because of the gem price, examples: Utility/Metabolic prime is average price of 24 gold, grants you 12 hour of a specific food, let’s say you want to buy the “most expensive” food ingame, wich is Bowl of Garlic Kale Sautee: 1.40 gold for 1 hour duration. 1.4 × 12 = 16.8 hold instead of 24. Even worse with the Upgrade Extractor.
  • Add first person view, nobody would be so stupid to use it on combat and having a terrible experience, the communtiy is asking for it in order to ejoy the game’s art.

The Improvements We Want

Posted by: Billaboong.6821

Billaboong.6821

PvP

• Allow us to filter the maps before entering Solo and Team Queue.
  • Increase the penalties for afking or leaving the match before it ends.
  • Make the PvP scene more public, make ingames messages when big events such as ToL happen and make Sticky posts before they happen. It’s not that nobody likes PvP, people just don’t know how good it is.

WvW

• Create an official GvG system. The community has been organizing guild vs guilf for two years bringing an extremely high competivie form of play for WvW players and yet there’s been no help from Anet. Making it more challenging and official would bring lots of players into the GvG scene. Streams the most interesting GvGs (TA going to NA was comparable to Tournament of Legends for the PvPers), create tournaments and an official Leaderboard.
  • Badges of Honor aren’t valuable as other rewards tokens, make something like PvP so that you actually know what you’re going to earn as you play.
  • Armor/Weapons acquired via Badges of Honors aren’t salvaigeable, this is a huge loss because you lose any sigil you put on it as you need to swap weapon or change build, and we’re talking about sigils of 10 gold each and runes even more expensive.
  • Defending isn’t worth it for the rewards you get. It’s not really a matter of gold/experience but more of points earned by your server. There should be a difference if a server is holding a T3 tower or a wooden tower.
  • Score: this has been an issue for ages and it’s really hard to solve. The main problem is that a server can win a matchup simply by having a night crew ticking 650 all nights and not having any good guilds/commanders

“Hope this will help using all the potential this game has.”

(edited by Billaboong.6821)

The Improvements We Want

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

Great list.

I would add: more permanent content, like maps, dungeons, classes, weapons, skills.

The Improvements We Want

Posted by: Coopziana.1802

Coopziana.1802

There a few of these points I agree with. Most others a pretty trivial and not worth spending time on them where time could be spent elsewhere doing far more important things. Here are the one’s I Agree with:

PvE
- Better filter for the Trading Post.
- Use All.
- Saving Builds.
- Incomplete Dungeon Tracker.

PvP
- Increase Penalties.

WvW
- GvG System.
- Increase Defense Rewards.

Now My Suggestions: (1 Thing I want most for each)
PvE: Replayable Zhaitan Story with bonus missions (which require a replay for each)
PvP: More Maps.
WvW: Change Outnumbered boost to PVT/Celestial boost to even the odds.

Like & Subscribe to “Game Slobs” on YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/gameslobsuk

The Improvements We Want

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Boong for President!

Unfortunately, every single thing on that list has been discussed on these message boards before. Anet would have to be willfully stupid to be unaware of the issues.

But, that is still a distinct possibility.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

The Improvements We Want

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I would add “Guild Message of the Day” to pop up in chat window when logging in. My custom Arena tells me every time I log in how much time I have left on it and the Custom Arena Message of the day pops up every time I load into my Arena> How much more important is my guild msg. than my custom arena msg? Great list though.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

The Improvements We Want

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Not bad. I agree with many of the points, but this one:

•Dungeon Exploiting: This is an issue that has been going on for ages, Anet fix an exploit and people already have a new one ready. Instead of addign invisible walls just make it that to finish the dungeon you have to kill all the bosses. Who cares if someone wants to explore the map in a different way

The optional bosses in the dungeons are just that. Optional. Making them a requirement in order to force people to play a certain way is not a good idea. As far as exploiters, they are cheaters, and get banned and rightly so. However, being able to run past trash mobs, or being able to skip optional bosses by use of “creative pathing” is not an exploit. Breaking the map, going outside of it, in order to skip directly to the end is indeed an exploit and should be fixed, and offenders punished.

Being able to run the same path in a variety of ways, based on player/group preferences is one of the dungeons greatest strengths. Making all bosses mandatory, puts the player/group into a linear dungeon path (aka railroading) and removes that strength. Take Final Fantasy 13 as an example. The series was know of its massive open world exploration, optional side quests, and secrets to get the ultimate weapons/spells that can only be discovered by exploring off the beaten path. Final Fantasy 13 removed much of that. Instead it become a linear dungeon path, with little to no variation. It felt like running through a giant tunnel. Once you start dictating how players are supposed to run a dungeon, you loose the idea of an “explorable” dungeon path, and it then become a railroaded grind.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

The Improvements We Want

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Let me add to the saving builds thing:

~ the way I propose they do this is to make it per purpose. PVE Open world, PVE Dungeoneering, PVE underwater, PVP WVW, and tPVP.
~ they should add an outfitter option so that gear can be switched easily for different purposes.

As far as Autolooter is concerned I’ve wondered why this hasn’t been a thing all along. As an Engineer the F key just gets in the way of picking up turrets anyway. LOTRO has had this for years, you still see the loot briefly in a little popup but you don’t have to run anywhere to pickup the items they just appear in your bags.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

The Improvements We Want

Posted by: Coopziana.1802

Coopziana.1802

Let me add to the saving builds thing:

~ the way I propose they do this is to make it per purpose. PVE Open world, PVE Dungeoneering, PVE underwater, PVP WVW, and tPVP.
~ they should add an outfitter option so that gear can be switched easily for different purposes.

As far as Autolooter is concerned I’ve wondered why this hasn’t been a thing all along. As an Engineer the F key just gets in the way of picking up turrets anyway. LOTRO has had this for years, you still see the loot briefly in a little popup but you don’t have to run anywhere to pickup the items they just appear in your bags.

Can I suggest a work-around for this:
~ Legendary Armour. (but a lot easier to obtain than the weapons) The only reason I suggest this is to allow for the (double-click) change stats function, which will ultimately go hand in hand with build saving/loading. You can load your build and then spend a little extra time quickly changing the stats on your armour. Naturally you can hold onto multiple armour sets if you don’t want the hassle of making legendary armours, but for convenience Legendary Armour would be a great fix! (and would perhaps encourage players to move away from Zerker without having to splash out for all new armoursets).

Like & Subscribe to “Game Slobs” on YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/gameslobsuk

The Improvements We Want

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

What the f!ck? Why are you guys posting so much text walls?
tl:dr

Improvements?

GW1 + better graphic = GG best game ever made

The Improvements We Want

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

I totally agree with OP. Those are things that would help a lot the players and, maybe, they don’t require a big work behind them.

The Improvements We Want

Posted by: Alienmuppet.1942

Alienmuppet.1942

What the f!ck? Why are you guys posting so much text walls?
tl:dr

Have the patience / attention span to read it and you might find out ;-)

The Improvements We Want

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

I compiled a list of about ~170+ desired features back around April feature pack:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/List-of-150-QoL-Features

Many things mentioned by you are there (apart from the gold-to-gem value of items as it should be treated as dollar-to-gem instead in a B2P no-sub game). The thread got a lot of attention from community back then and some questions (such as looting, first person view…) were discussed in details, but no red post unfortunately.

20 level 80s and counting.

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)