The (In)justice of Ascended

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CookieMonster.5869

CookieMonster.5869

New:
I’ve come to the conclusion that ascended is Just. Sorry I did feel a bit entitled. After hearing all the points, even though some were rude, I decided that it is fair and a good longer term goal. Thanks all who were civil in their responses. Anet please do not change ascended gear it should stay as it is. Thanks

Old:
Does anyone else think it is totally not fair that we have to grind this time gated gear out? I mean I just recently started the game and would like to get this gear but it seems like a pain. It’s just not fair that others who have been around since launch have multiple sets. It makes me feel so far behind everyone else. I heard that stat difference isn’t much but 5% seems like a lot to me. I’d suggest to up exotic gear to the same as ascended so we don’t have this problem. This also goes against what I thought Anet stood for with no vertical progression and for casual gamers. This is just like WoW with gear grind. And then you need multiple sets of it for different runes and builds. It should just be for fractals. /end rant

(edited by CookieMonster.5869)

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

No.

Posted by: KGS.9842

KGS.9842

totally agree with you op, also i don’t like the way we have to grind that exotic gear so they should make rare have the same stats as exotic and ascended as well

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

Outside of fractals where does ascended become a requirement?

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

No.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

CookieMonster.5869

No.

Yes. I can do it too :-D

But like today I was in WvW and at the end of the small fight we had I had 4 HP left. Full ascended stats could have saved me if someone got one more hit on me.

Posted by: Garth Thurgen.1380

Garth Thurgen.1380

Yes, other people find it unfair. They, too, are new players who haven’t exhausted everything in the game to the point of pointlessness.

And yes it’s a pain. But only because it’s so pathetically less powerful than Exotic gear that there’s very little point in speeding up the process by buying the materials. The time gate only means that the crafted materials will be more than the overall cost of the materials combined.

There also has never been a time, at any point, that ArenaNet has ever been against vertical progression. The fact that you’re saying that it should be put to Exotic tier, as opposed to basic tier, is proof of that factor. They haven’t been against it, they only have shown a desire that everyone should be able to pretty easily get into anything at a basic level. And they have done a fairly admirable job. Even Fractals, which is the only time that Ascended gear even comes close to mattering, allows you to use the pathetically easy to obtain trinkets. It’s only when you hit the higher levels that it becomes a good idea to go with the gear too (and not even because of the stats, but because of how easy it is to get Versatile +5 Infusions).

So I guess you should do what everyone else does who wants Ascended gear: take four/five days and make it. Yes, that requires that you actually play the game for four days for a couple of hours to buy all of the materials but that’s something you’ll just have to get used to if you want the stuff in any game ever.

CookieMonster.5869

Yes, other people find it unfair. They, too, are new players who haven’t exhausted everything in the game to the point of pointlessness.

And yes it’s a pain. But only because it’s so pathetically less powerful than Exotic gear that there’s very little point in speeding up the process by buying the materials. The time gate only means that the crafted materials will be more than the overall cost of the materials combined.

There also has never been a time, at any point, that ArenaNet has ever been against vertical progression. The fact that you’re saying that it should be put to Exotic tier, as opposed to basic tier, is proof of that factor. They haven’t been against it, they only have shown a desire that everyone should be able to pretty easily get into anything at a basic level. And they have done a fairly admirable job. Even Fractals, which is the only time that Ascended gear even comes close to mattering, allows you to use the pathetically easy to obtain trinkets. It’s only when you hit the higher levels that it becomes a good idea to go with the gear too (and not even because of the stats, but because of how easy it is to get Versatile +5 Infusions).

So I guess you should do what everyone else does who wants Ascended gear: take four/five days and make it. Yes, that requires that you actually play the game for four days for a couple of hours to buy all of the materials but that’s something you’ll just have to get used to if you want the stuff in any game ever.

It takes much longer than four or five days to get past the time gate. It’s more like a month or two for a full set. Maybe you’re right and I just feel entitled. :-p

Garth Thurgen.1380

It takes much longer than four or five days to get past the time gate. It’s more like a month or two for a full set.

The only things that are time gated are Damask, Deldrimor Steel, and Elonian Leather. Nothing else. Damask can be bought, and thus you can get as many as you want in a day if you have unlimited money. Deldrimor Steel can be bought, and thus you can get as many as you want in a day if you have unlimited money. Elonian Leather can be bougtht, and thus you can get as many as you want in a day if you have unlimited money.

So in a single day you can do what I did and make a full set (well… minus the helmet) of Ascended gear for the sake of using a new character. The four/five days? That’s based on the actual calculations. Stop being new and blowing things out of proportion. If it takes longer, than you aren’t being efficient with your time in your quest for Ascended gear.

Maybe you’re right and I just feel entitled. :-p

That, I can’t argue with.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

But like today I was in WvW and at the end of the small fight we had I had 4 HP left. Full ascended stats could have saved me if someone got one more hit on me.

It is basically 1 fight in a 1000 that is even slightly effected by Ascended.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

CookieMonster.5869

Ok I’ll stop being new now and turn myself into a veteran GW2 player. /face palm.
The thing is I don’t have the gold to pay upfront like that. You lose like 100g+ by going that route.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Timegating has never been my problem. Getting enough of the materials is. Seriously, if you can get that much wood, metal and cloth in one day that the timegate on ascended mats is hindering you, all I can say is: “Please, teach me Master.”

CookieMonster.5869

Timegating has never been my problem. Getting enough of the materials is. Seriously, if you can get that much wood, metal and cloth in one day that the timegate on ascended mats is hindering you, all I can say is: “Please, teach me Master.”

A few SW runs and you have enough for about 2 days. I tried to farm the beta so I have so many stacks of it that I don’t need to farm it for at least a month. Also save your medium armor to throw it in the forge and hope to get something better

lordkrall.7241

A few SW runs and you have enough for about 2 days

Not even remotely close.
Especially not considering the fact that you can’t even get the majority of the items in SW.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

CookieMonster.5869

A few SW runs and you have enough for about 2 days

Not even remotely close.
Especially not considering the fact that you can’t even get the majority of the items in SW.

For the time gated material you can. That’s what was being refered to. Some people I hear even open champ bags at lower levels to get the lower tier cloth

lordkrall.7241

For the time gated material you can. That’s what was being refereed to

Ah indeed. I recalled in-correctly and thought that they required multiple tiers of metal/wood.

But then again, after a few hours of SW you will also have enough gold to buy quite a bit of the rest of the materials anyway.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

The expansion will mostly focus on an open world content where it doesn’t matter what you wear as long as you have fun.

BrooksP.4318

Ok I’ll stop being new now and turn myself into a veteran GW2 player. /face palm.
The thing is I don’t have the gold to pay upfront like that. You lose like 100g+ by going that route.

If you want gear equality when it comes to PVP play sPVP. When it comes to WvW, the difference is minor enough that it isn’t required, nor does it give much of an advantage. Trinkets have a much higher effect difference then armor. Dungeons and Open-World PVE isn’t balanced off of ascended and isn’t required in almost any run. Fractals it is needed for agony resist, not really for the stats.

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

Then don’t go that route?

I’ve never gone after ascended materials or bought them from the trading post, just used whatever I collected during regular gameplay, and I have finished two full sets of ascended armor (light+heavy) plus several weapons on the side. One day, it just happened that I had collected enough stuff so I started crafting.

And you know what? My other account, where none of the crafters have gotten past 100 in their crafting disciplines yet, and where I have a grand total of one ascended weapon from a lucky drop, doesn’t feel any less powerful than the main one. The only thing I can’t do on that other account is high-level fractals, but in any other kind of content I just don’t see the difference between my full-ascended and full-exotic characters (same class, some equipment stat sets, same traits/utilities of course).

Ascended isn’t worth it to worry about. Treat is like a nice surprise that pops up every now and then, not as something that’s defining your ability to play. In this game, player skill makes a lot more difficulty than equipment stats, and you can improve your personal skill just as well in exotics as in ascendeds.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

It takes much longer than four or five days to get past the time gate. It’s more like a month or two for a full set.

And that’s quicker than most MMO’s for Bis gear. Seeing as in most you have to “roll” for it and hope you get it over the other players. And could take just as long if not longer. If you guy the mats, you could do it all in a day. But that would take a lot of gold.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Garth Thurgen.1380

I said new as a nice way of putting it.

And it’d really depend on which armor you’re making, but none of them cause you to lose nearly 100g+. If you’re making the Leather armor, you only lose 27g2s52c (as of this second). Light armor, on the other hand, causes you to lose 46g11s12c. Those being the two furthest away, and “lost gold” being the amount that you could have potentially gotten from just selling the materials in the first place.

Overall cost, however, is much higher than 100g. It’s much closer to 500g (with light being above, and the other two being below). However, the fact that you would have to “pay” this amount in materials regardless of if you were crafting it or buying it (with the loses from before being the difference in gold between buying the materials or making them yourself) means that the overall cost in this case is pretty irrelevant. Even if it wasn’t time gated this is still something that would take a couple of days of someone actually going for it to obtain. It being time gated only means that the material costs can at least hold value high enough to be worth crafting to sell. If it wasn’t, the overall cost of the Ascended materials wouldn’t change much, but stuff like Silk would be much higher in price, so the people selling the Ascended materials would essentially have no reason to not just sell the Silk itself due to the profit margins favoring the raw Silk.

Posted by: Jinroh.4251

Jinroh.4251

I farmed Silverwastes for mats and managed to get full ascended gear (weapons and armor) in less than a month. My only problem is now infusing them. I am just too lazy to do fractals haha.

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Also, as you pointed out the stat difference isn’t that big. If I recall it was ~20% dps increase for full zerker, ~14% for soldiers, and ~5% (direct damage, all from weapon strength) for condi. And most of those stats come of the trinkets, which is laurels, WvW badges, and fractals. The armor itself gives a pittance of the actual increase, outside of the extra armor value.

I remember I took the slow/cheap way of crafting the 1/day 450 ecto refinement recipes for a month or more each to get mostly to 475 on each of the 6 crafting professions, because there was no reason to rush it. There still isn’t.

Anet has said that they were unhappy with how easy it was (and surprised at how quickly everyone got) to get exotics, thus ascended gear. They wanted it to be “hard” (time gated) to get. I believe they also said that they also had no plans on introducing a higher level gear at the time (not “ever”, just for the immediate future).

If you want alternatives, anet also has those.

While very random (and not a good option), I have gotten ~6-8 ascended armor chests (of usually random types) and about ~4-6 ascended weapon chests (again of pretty random types). I think most of them were from the WvW bonus chests and PvP, but I can’t remember anymore.

A better option to get 2 chests of chooseable ascended armor comes from achievements. I think it was the Ambirite weapons collection and the Bioluminescent armor collection (which in doing will get you some unique ascended trinkets, I think nomad’s and sinister), so if you feel that it isn’t worth farming the gold you can do a ton of PvP for the ambirite fossils and geodes or do Season 2 and silverwastes a bunch and get the more expensive chest and legs for “free”. Though, this will take longer than just doing ~10-14 dungeons in 2-3 days or farming the silverwastes for 2-3 days for money and just buying what you want outright.

Honestly, most of the things in the game that you think you need, really aren’t necessary, and once you get them you go “huh, now what?” Either way, as most people will say, you can do most content in this game in Masterwork gear, so exotic armor is fine for alts or not your main build.

lordkrall.7241

I farmed Silverwastes for mats and managed to get full ascended gear (weapons and armor) in less than a month. My only problem is now infusing them. I am just too lazy to do fractals haha.

But to be fair unless you actually do high-level fractals you have no reason to infuse them in the first place :P

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Dralor.3701

Dralor.3701

I am just frustrated to have spent all the time and gold on a set that doesn’t sync up with an upcoming class specialization. It isn’t very exciting crafting another set of the same armor type for HoT.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

NOW NOW NOW NOW. I WANT MY TOY NOW.

Seriously, this generation…

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

No.

Yes. I can do it too :-D

A dodge could have saved you as well.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

No.

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Ascended gear is the end gear of all time in GW2, we will never have to get another tier of gear as it’s on par with legendary statstatus. It’s not like in X MMO where you need to grind for another tier every 6 months or for every expansion’s new 5 or 10 levels.

So in GW2’s case it is just okay and the only MMO that breaks these chains of traditional progression. Huzzah!

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Prototypemind.4026

Prototypemind.4026

If you didn’t have to grind out Ascended gear you’d have nothing to do at 80. Aside from PvP or WvW matches, grinding gold/mats and hanging in DA is about all you have to choose from. There are of course Fractals, and you can get your Ascended trinkets with Laurels/Relics, but anyway, be glad you have a focused time sink to keep you occupied for a while.

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

I think this thread is 2 years too late.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

- unfair: getting different things for the same effort and time invested.
- fair: getting the same things for the same effort and time invested.
- casual player vs “hardcore” player: hardcore player invests more game time in a given real time frame. Does not get things comparatively faster.

short answer: no.

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

No.

Posted by: Aranvar le Voyageur.7521

Aranvar le Voyageur.7521

Please could you stop to wall every topic about ascended with “No”, its becoming really annoying to have an intelligent discussion about it.
Its not stated for every player that ascended gear in GW2 is good and is necessary, as long ascended gear will remain in this game wich promised us no vertical progression, I will criticize this.
…60 golds for an exotic gear, 600 golds for a complete ascended…seriously ??
At the begenning of the game, I prepared 14 character to play the game with the maximum of class, specifications, and discover every personnal story path; because the statement was good. The maximum in stats gear was quite cheap and affordable if you play all the content and not only the few most efficient ways…
So you were not disadvantaged, even a few in PVe or WvsW because of your stuff, but only because of you personnal skill or build choice.
This was excellent and faire for me, only grind was cosmetic, quite acceptable in a horizontal progression perspective.
…and after all, were do you see any justification for an effort needed (as its suposed there is anything difficult and worth of admiration in this game…not tied to a previous gear grind like fractal 50).
Life is short, the only place I surrendered to grind to get the same chances at the start (that is to say stats) than everyone is real life. Video games are not suposed to make you grind, because there is no enjoyement for me in teh grind, I bought enjoyement for relaxing time, not a second job…
There is no physical reasons in a virtuel universe to not remove the grind.

Its completly symptomatic, every time you mention a fair way to get rewards, its never just a part of the content, its a farming place.
Maybe you like to grind and you are a majority of player willing to grind a long time just to get a small advantage over “noobs” not willing to grind after you…

No gear check hum ? excuse me, but…between tow player, with the same build stats, same skill, which one would choose between the one in ascended and the “noob” in exotic ? Pretty obvious choice isnt it ?
The gear check is actually driven by the players, but not by the game, is almost the same at the end…

Thats not because something like 10% stats augment could be considered as neglectable, that the problem will automaticly diseappear. 10% is 10%, not zero…
Thats still 10% too much…

If at least they would reduce the requirement in silk or simply the timegate on the ascended crafting, this kind of stuff would be more considered as fair, because it would come back much to the “no grind phylosophy” where you repeat as now the same few dungeons, world boss again and again…

Please Anet wake up, its not too late to fix that mistake, for me and many people in the game, the ascended game ruined all the feels of justice between player, casual and hardcore, about stats….just close the gap of stats and only keep the infusion slots on ascended gear.
Hardcore and invested players should only be differenciated with casuals by their mastery of the game, their skill not by a superior amount of stats…
I would not exactly say like in GW1 (but actually if there were not the skill hunt and the superior rune of vigor…), buts its quite close of the idea, max gear afordable, stats almost separed from the stuff etc…

PS: Avalanche of selfish people and topic wallers in 3, 2, 1…

(edited by Aranvar le Voyageur.7521)

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

People need to learn that Ascended armour is only! good for high level fractals.. Everything else… Exotic is perfect. Wvw, dungeons, open world.. Hell even low level fracs are ok cos you can get ascended accessories easier n quicker which gives you enoough AR to get through time.. If you plan to do high level fractals.. you have time to craft them as you level up through fractals. (fractal levels not XP levels)

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Algreg.3629

Please could you stop to wall every topic about ascended with “No”, its becoming really annoying to have an intelligent discussion about it.

No.

And to some arguments, a simple negation is the most intelligent answer.

Cyninja.2954

Please Anet wake up, its not too late to fix that mistake, for me and many people in the game, the ascended game ruined all the feels of justice between player, casual and hardcore, about stats….just close the gap of stats and only keep the infusion slots on ascended gear.
Hardcore and invested players should only be differenciated with casuals by their mastery of the game, their skill not by a superior amount of stats…
I would not exactly say like in GW1 (but actually if there were not the skill hunt and the superior rune of vigor…), buts its quite close of the idea, max gear afordable, stats almost separed from the stuff etc…

So wait, your definition of “justice” is new players and those who were unwilling to invest the time it takes into getting ascended get handed their equipment for free without compensation to those who did spend their time and gold to get the equipment. Interesting definition of justice. I’d call it welfare, but o well.

By the way, every one is on equal footing in pvp. Play pvp, problem solved.

Also the hardcore vs casual bs doesn’t fly. The game has been out for years. There are plenty of casual players in full ascended at this time. It took me 1.5 years to finish my legendary. Do you see me complain left and right about people having theirs after 30 days (or more like 5-10 days with todays farm)?

Posted by: Aranvar le Voyageur.7521

Aranvar le Voyageur.7521

Wvsw is a kind of massive scale pvp, why shouldnt it be balanced by gear equality too ?
why time investment just to get a gear wich doesnt involve much skill and mastery of the game and its making, rather than lets player learn mechanics on the battlefields.
And if the meta change for one of your class, is it really fair to past another 5 month on a single gear, for a single characters, while there are 10 more waiting to ahve there maximum gear too, stuck in exotic, just because ascended in unafordable …
These arguments are valids, you are just too stubborn to even consider its.
…the lack of counter arguments is the perfect expression of it..
You are simply not willing to discuss because you are too entitled, too sure to be right to take criticism ><
“Good” is not “optimised”…
then I will argument like you all, statement, not arguments:

No. a single “NO” is not enough, its not a discussion, its a closed door to other opinions.
Who are you to just say, “I’m right, I’m so sure that I dont even have to proove it”…
…ascended is “perfect”, because its have the highest amounts of stats, not exotic, wich have between 5% and 10% less.
A player geared in ascended vs another player in exotic have a clear advantage, no one could deny it honnestly. The playerin ascended gear is more likely suposed to know better the game and its mechanics than a player in exotic because he have spent more time to farm content to complete its crafting…oh wait…
Why is it unconceivable to have a game, a revolutionnary mmo wich not compare their players on there ability to farm mindlesssly the same content to get a superior gear, than on their personnal skill ? seriously ?

PS: well I’m stopping there, people in my guild told me that the english forum were completly the opposite of “open-minded” about criticism of ascended gear, I could not believe it until now…just whaoh…

(edited by Aranvar le Voyageur.7521)

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

OP, wouldn’t worry too much about it, as has been stated by the above posts you wont notice that much of a difference.**

If this was posted pre-account bound, I would be agreeing with you, however since then, its more like a one off grind, so you can share with any other characters, (assuming they meet the armour requirements ) you may have.

PS, (Dont forget that even back before ascended was account bound, you would be stepping on some vested interest toes, from guys selling ascended mats on the TP by asking this question )

**PPS, will be interesting to see if this is still the case after HOT is released.

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

The OP asked a very straightforward question

Does anyone else think it is totally not fair that we have to grind this time gated gear out?

to which there is a simple answer.

No.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Algreg.3629

So wait, your definition of “justice” is new players and those who were unwilling to invest the time it takes into getting ascended get handed their equipment for free without compensation to those who did spend their time and gold to get the equipment. Interesting definition of justice. I’d call it welfare, but o well.

By the way, every one is on equal footing in pvp. Play pvp, problem solved.

Also the hardcore vs casual bs doesn’t fly. The game has been out for years. There are plenty of casual players in full ascended at this time. It took me 1.5 years to finish my legendary. Do you see me complain left and right about people having theirs after 30 days (or more like 5-10 days with todays farm)?

it´s simply the infamous “social justice” chimera brought into a gaming environment. Able and willing individuals are meaningless, their effort is to be ignored (if they are lucky), compensate the havenots for their inability or unwillingness.

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Waaah waah, why can’t i have everything right nowww, waaah waah, i can’t wait 6 days to craft entire gear i can’t even!!!1 I won’t do content that may drop me ascended gear because reasons! Waaaah! Why can’t i just swipe my credit card and buy this gear, instead i have to WORK on getting it, my god this game has the nerve.

I actually got 4 chests drops. 2 were berserker (coat and feet) and one was healer coat and condi legs. That did help me out a bit but still a lot of crafting to do to get multiple sets.

Also sorry I am new and only have 1 80 right now. So perhaps my post was premature but that doesn’t mean you have to be rude about it.

it took me over a month to craft my ascended light gear, materials are now cheaper and easyer to get, there is only 24 hours per piece limit. I really don’t see the problem. I don’t want to seem rude mate, i am just pointing out that with little waiting and gathering materials you can work miracles.

Cyninja.2954

Does anyone else think it is totally not fair that we have to grind this time gated gear out?

No.

Since the mats are buyable on the TP, the answer is “who gives a c….?”. What about the veteran players who were not able to buy the mats off the TP? When the timegating actually mattered and had an effect on when you’ll have your item.

Learn patience.

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Since the mats are buyable on the TP, the answer is “who gives a c….?”. What about the veteran players who were not able to buy the mats off the TP? When the timegating actually mattered and had an effect on when you’ll have your item.

Learn patience.

why are you quoting me m8, i agree with you

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Algreg.3629

Wvsw is a kind of massive scale pvp, why shouldnt it be balanced by gear equality too ?
You are simply not willing to discuss because you are too entitled, too sure to be right to take criticism ><

No.
…ascended is “perfect”, because its have the highest amounts of stats, not exotic, wich have btween 5% and 10% less.
A player geared in ascended vs another player in exotic have a clear advantage, no one could deny it honnestly. The playerin ascended gear is more likely suposed to know better the game and its mechanics than a player in exotic because he have spent more time to farm content to complete its crafting…oh wait…
Why is it unconceivable to have a game, a revolutionnary mmo wich not compare their players on there ability to farm mindlesssly the same content to get a superior gear, than on their personnal skill ? seriously ?

yes, an advantage they worked for. Can you give people who acquired ascended the hard way time of their lives back? I guess not. So, the acquisition of ascended gear should remain as it is, and that meaning FAIR.

Needless to say, there have already been valid arguments against your position in here. You just don´t like them very much.

Cyninja.2954

Learn patience.

why are you quoting me m8, i agree with you

Missquote, wanted to write 2 posts, decided on only one. Mixup, my bad.

BrooksP.4318

No.
…ascended is “perfect”, because its have the highest amounts of stats, not exotic, wich have btween 5% and 10% less.

You are using the entitlement argument wrong, since you are asking for equality based off of lack of work compared to those who put the effort into it. You want top gear to be easy to get which is pretty much how entitlements work.

The argument of advantage is only apparent SLIGHTLY in WvW, where gear tiers are scaled. So the 5% “advantage” you get from ascended isn’t going to make or break a fight, RNG, latency, fat fingers will have more of an impact then ascended vs exotic armor.

It isn’t inconceivable for a game to not be based on repetitive grind, however GW2 is not one of those..

Posted by: Cyrill Faust.9340

Cyrill Faust.9340

Okay didn’t read the whole thread (cause it been posted hundreds of times).

The statistical difference between ascended armor and exotic is 36 stat points that’s for a full set, so you entire armor set give you the statistical equivalent of half a might stack.

An ascended weapon is nice because i provides 5% more damage, but this is because of higher weapon strength not stat points (in terms of stats you get 19), but ascended weapons aren’t that costly at about 40-50g.

Proud member of [BANK] my bank guild and [BANK](2) my other bank guild

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

No.

Well, if I understand the meaning of “anyone” right, as long as there is (somewhere) at least one person, that thinks “it is totally not fair that …” the only correct answer has to be “Yes” to that question.

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

I don’t mind traditional grinding but i absolutely hate being timegated. It feels like the most cheap method of keeping a player in your game…it’s actually kinda pathetic.