The LFG BETA

The LFG BETA

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mhlgaming.6729

mhlgaming.6729

Just a quick suggestion as a small event annoyed me earlier. There I was, making a LFM for Sorrows Embrace speedrun, asking for specific classes… the people then join with classes I didn’t ask for and proceed to kick me for wanting other classes played. I believe there should be a party leader system that dictates the group, allowing players to be kicked without asking others and also preventing them from being kicked so stupid stuff like that doesn’t happen. May I also suggest that you implement a mechanic that allows people to look for certain classes within the LFG?… that would help a lot and prevent the wrong classes joining and making trouble.

Seriously, whats the point in requiring something if other people are just going to ignore that and then kick you from your own lfg making you have to look again and set up the whole LFG system once more, it gets on my nerves.

The LFG BETA

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

yeah, as much as I don’t really request classes.
People shouldn’t be able to kick you out of your own lfg. I mean, if they’re gonna do that, they should just create their own.

I would love if anet added like a drop down for requirements, so that people couldn’t join unless they meet those requirements.
*lv80
*classes. (so you can add each class you want, to the point of saying idk, 2 guards, 1 war, 1 ranger, 1 ele.. if you already have 2 guards a 3rd can’t join)
*ap,

I don’t think asking for it to scan for armour would work, so leave that out.

Another thing the LFG really needs, is in openworld to have a “Living Story” section, and “world boss”, so that ads for these 2 don’t override ads for random stuff.

The LFG BETA

Posted by: Jam.4521

Jam.4521

I agree, haven;t really used it properly but that kind of thing shouldn’t be possible, I know a lot of people don;t agree with people only wanting specific classes for their dungeon run but you should also be able to set up the group composition you want to play with or think will work well without grief.

BOOM

The LFG BETA

Posted by: hildegain.2106

hildegain.2106

Just a quick suggestion as a small event annoyed me earlier. There I was, making a LFM for Sorrows Embrace speedrun, asking for specific classes… the people then join with classes I didn’t ask for and proceed to kick me for wanting other classes played. I believe there should be a party leader system that dictates the group, allowing players to be kicked without asking others and also preventing them from being kicked so stupid stuff like that doesn’t happen. May I also suggest that you implement a mechanic that allows people to look for certain classes within the LFG?… that would help a lot and prevent the wrong classes joining and making trouble.

Seriously, whats the point in requiring something if other people are just going to ignore that and then kick you from your own lfg making you have to look again and set up the whole LFG system once more, it gets on my nerves.

" allowing players to be kicked without asking others"

No.

There should always be a vote. It wouldn’t be perfect but it’s better than your alternative.

The LFG BETA

mhlgaming.6729

Well if its your party there shouldn’t need to be a vote.., voting just takes more time and makes things more complicated. Needs to be cleaned up.

The LFG BETA

Posted by: Rainin.9812

Rainin.9812

I dunno. Sometimes it seems a bit petty to me that people won’t run dungeons with sub-80’s or that they request certain classes, when I’ve seen dungeons completed easily with 4-5 of the same class built a few different ways (especially SE). There’s a delicate balance and fine line when implementing something like this. For sub-80/new players it can make dungeoning in the game much harder and sometimes unbearable.

I could understand this more for a dungeon like Arah where a couple of its paths are extremely fickle on how to complete them in a reasonable amount of time. But for sub-80 dungeons, it seems a bit extreme.

The LFG BETA

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

I’ve never seen someone get kicked from their own group, lol. Don’t worry about it though since it’s so rare and there’s no penalty for making a new group.

The LFG BETA

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I dunno. Sometimes it seems a bit petty to me that people won’t run dungeons with sub-80’s or that they request certain classes, when I’ve seen dungeons completed easily with 4-5 of the same class built a few different ways (especially SE). There’s a delicate balance and fine line when implementing something like this. For sub-80/new players it can make dungeoning in the game much harder and sometimes unbearable.

I could understand this more for a dungeon like Arah where a couple of its paths are extremely fickle on how to complete them in a reasonable amount of time. But for sub-80 dungeons, it seems a bit extreme.

When the game says “play how you want” I’m pretty sure it includes stuff like that.

The LFG BETA

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Level 80s have more traits making speed runs of dungeons faster/easier. This is the only reason you see people wqnting lvl80s.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

The LFG BETA

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I agree the kicking system needs an overhaul
I disagree that anyone should specify what class they want in their party. any time someone in my party tries that, I try to kick them. If that fails, I gtfo. better to suffer a little crazy and escape than to suffer a lot of crazy then get backstabbed. people who dictate other’s professions/builds are the same people who kick you and invite their guildies on the last boss.

The LFG BETA

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

I don’t think you know what a speed run is

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

The LFG BETA

mhlgaming.6729

And I don’t think you do either ;D.. since a speed run is just a generic term for a fast run. It’s not a set in stone phrase and depending on who says it, it means different.

The LFG BETA

mhlgaming.6729

Anyway, all of you guys saying that there should not be a feature that allows the request of certain classes.. I ask why?. If it’s your party you should be able to request whatever you want.

The LFG BETA

maha.7902

And I don’t think you do either ;D.. since a speed run is just a generic term for a fast run. It’s not a set in stone phrase and depending on who says it, it means different.

World records are speed runs. You going in the lfg hoping you get players who aren’t terrible and then having a run which is then like 2-3x the time of the world record of that path is not a speed run.

The LFG BETA

mhlgaming.6729

Ok Maha… you keep thinking that bro xD

The LFG BETA

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I don’t see a problem with being specific about the kind of party you want to create for a dungeon run. It’s peoples’ choice to get in the group or not. I don’t think it’s right to kick the person who posted the LFG. As someone else said, if you want to have a “whatever build I don’t care” group, then you post it; don’t go waste someone else’s time.

Personally, if I went looking to get into a group, I would read the requirements listed before I joined. If I wanted to do a dungeon taking my time and learning as we all go, I would post my own LFG and expect that a bunch of speed-runners wouldn’t kick me out of the group that I made. If I wanted to try a dungeon with all necros just for the heck of it (don’t laugh! could happen!), then there should be a tool where only that class can join maybe?

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

The LFG BETA

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

Ok Maha… you keep thinking that bro xD

He’s in the top NA dungeon guild which hold, currently, 8 dungeon speed run records. He personally has the top boss time for the Legendary ABom in arah. He knows exactly what speed runs are. (Unless that’s swifty posting, and she knows just as much as colsey, only will cuss you out in Aussie accent vs. an English one)

But you are right. LFG does need a rework.

The LFG BETA

mhlgaming.6729

speed run is just a term for a fast run

The LFG BETA

maha.7902

And pug runs are never fast.

The LFG BETA

Taygus.4571

I disagree that anyone should specify what class they want in their party. any time someone in my party tries that, I try to kick them. If that fails, I gtfo. better to suffer a little crazy and escape than to suffer a lot of crazy then get backstabbed. * people who dictate other’s professions/builds are the same people who kick you and invite their guildies on the last boss.*

Lolz not true.
Se p1 can be an absolute pain without heavies/reflect.

Having 3 ele’s and 2 necro’s trying to stack = facepalm.

The LFG BETA

maha.7902

I disagree that anyone should specify what class they want in their party. any time someone in my party tries that, I try to kick them. If that fails, I gtfo. better to suffer a little crazy and escape than to suffer a lot of crazy then get backstabbed. * people who dictate other’s professions/builds are the same people who kick you and invite their guildies on the last boss.*

Lolz not true.

So for the first golem, a necro can fear him in to a wall, two eles can conjure fiery greatswords, the necros take the second swords. Ele #3 takes off hand focus and uses swirling winds and magnetic wave to give the party enough projectile absorption to kill the boss. Skip a bunch of mobs, all eles can take focus off hand an chain swirling winds for the second boss. Necros can apply vuln and do dps. Three golems, pull them in to a corner, drop fiery greatswords, one ele keeps their focus on to swirl and magnetic wave. Tazza just pull out and kill like usual. And there you go, you just cleared SE p1 probably 2x faster than most pug groups.

The LFG BETA

Taygus.4571

Lolz not true.

So for the first golem, a necro can fear him in to a wall, two eles can conjure fiery greatswords, the necros take the second swords. Ele #3 takes off hand focus and uses swirling winds and magnetic wave to give the party enough projectile absorption to kill the boss. Skip a bunch of mobs, all eles can take focus off hand an chain swirling winds for the second boss. Necros can apply vuln and do dps. Three golems, pull them in to a corner, drop fiery greatswords, one ele keeps their focus on to swirl and magnetic wave. Tazza just pull out and kill like usual. And there you go, you just cleared SE p1 probably 2x faster than most pug groups.

You’re talking about a group who knows what they’re doing, not a pug.

note, ALL my posts are about pugging.

Good luck doing that in a pug.

The last se p1 I did without asking for classes.
consisted of
ele, ,engie,necro, ranger,mesmer.

I’m sure it should’ve been fine. but it was an absolute fail, with the group disbanding after 3 tries. (doing the same thing each try, I might add. )

However, ask for guards, and get 2 guards in your party and sep1 is always a breeze.

The LFG BETA

Posted by: Nanashi.6297

Nanashi.6297

Anyway, all of you guys saying that there should not be a feature that allows the request of certain classes.. I ask why?. If it’s your party you should be able to request whatever you want.

yeah… not in guild wars. if you want certain classes make a guild and go there with those people. at least then it makes sense. but with 4 random people without any communication it doesn’t make a mentionable difference between 5 berserker warriors and 5 random classes. actually it’s less annoying with 5 random classes because the berserker people mostly are noobs who just copied the build somewhere because it deals most dmg in theory.

seriously if you are looking for a certain setup in your group then go there with an organized group.

The LFG BETA

Taygus.4571

yeah… not in guild wars. if you want certain classes make a guild and go there with those people. at least then it makes sense. but with 4 random people without any communication it doesn’t make a mentionable difference between 5 berserker warriors and 5 random classes. actually it’s less annoying with 5 random classes because the berserker people mostly are noobs who just copied the build somewhere because it deals most dmg in theory.

seriously if you are looking for a certain setup in your group then go there with an organized group.

I gave an example of where it made sense.
SEp1, 2 guards, has always been a smooth run(in my experience), less and you’re playing roulette

Anyway, it doesn’t affect you if people have requirements, you wouldn’t (or shouldn’t be) joining them groups if you don’t like it.

The LFG BETA

Posted by: Neko Dudley.2495

Neko Dudley.2495

Kick immunity for the instance owner. If people are so angry, they can still quit on their own. They don’t need to end the run for everyone else. Maybe a kick veto power for the instance owner so he/she can stop kicks that are not based on performance.

Gate of Madness [MAL] EB
Yarr! I be keeping me pirate runes, Matey. Yarr! You’re welcome. Yarr!

The LFG BETA

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

I really don’t understand the mentality of people who want to force themselves on others who don’t want to play with them. Seriously, you have an opinion on how to complete a dungeon, that’s fine but keep it to yourself unless solicited. People asking for a specific comp in LFG don’t need to be “taught a lesson” on acceptance. Mind your own business.

Giving a direct filter option changes nothing. Currently, if you join on a class that was not requested, you’ll get kicked. If your sub-80 in an 80 only post, you’ll get kicked. A filter simply reduces time wasted, trolling, and booty-ache that people experience when joining a group without reading the LFG post.

If you have a problem with class balance in pve, take it up with ANET in the balance sub. Make a recording of your LFG post as a necro taking more then 10 mins to fill up (spoiler – it won’t happen.) Play and let play.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

The LFG BETA

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

yh we really need lfg and kicking update , everyday i do AC full run and I place lfg “READ FIRST full speedrun need 2 zerk ele+ 2 zerk warriors (exp or kick 4k+ ap)” and what i see thiefs,rangers,condi necros . come on what the hell . maybe anet should also add living story called reading with braham or something similar to that

The LFG BETA

Taygus.4571

yh we really need lfg and kicking update , everyday i do AC full run and I place lfg “READ FIRST full speedrun need 2 zerk ele+ 2 zerk warriors (exp or kick 4k+ ap)” and what i see thiefs,rangers,condi necros . come on what the hell . maybe anet should also add living story called reading with braham or something similar to that

why the need to add condi , infront of necro? You know necro’s can zerk too?, they’re not all about conditions.
You could’ve just said thiefs/rangers/necro’s

btw, ac is quick with most classes, lv80, anyways. (so long as they know what to do that is.)

Also it;s a little pointless having 2 warriors, should replace that war with, well any other classes, for an even faster run. (that second war isn’t bring anything worthwhile to the party. a ranger on the other hand, would be.)

The LFG BETA

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

But IT IS MY LFG i can look for every possible setup up in this game and from my experience party like that is almost always the fastest because eles have insane dps and warriors have also good dps , they are easy to play and have op survi when you compare it to other zerkers . spider queen melts in 3-4 sec sry i dont need more .(iam guard)

PS i add condi infront of necro becasue it was condi necro

The LFG BETA

Posted by: Lord Krilik.3692

Lord Krilik.3692

My wants for the party system:

1. The leader opens the instance. I absolutely detest when I create a LFG and someone else opens the instance, just to have them randomly quit mid-way and it closes. (To circumvent this, I have to open the instance before seeking party members – sometimes I forget).

2. The instances simply find a new owner. (ANET will probably moan about their bad tech like they always do, so see point 1 for a workaround)

3. The leader cannot be kicked. If you don’t like your group, form a coup and leave together. this also synergises well with point 1.