The LFG system

The LFG system

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Grimegg.1297

Grimegg.1297

Since release of SW I couldn’t help but notice that anet is really focusing on making big grind-based maps. I’m fine with that, unlike many players I actually enjoy grinding.
For hours and hours I do these meta events that require minimum 25+ players over and over. For these who do not know tho, after meta event ends, it takes a while until another one starts, so unless you’ve got an extremely big and dedicated guild willing to help each other constantly, you’ll be forced to use the LFG system.

Yeah, the system works but it has 3 major flaws! (AJ show’s DD review anyone?)

1st - Why is there no separate slots for each of these grind maps in the LFG tab. I’m not talking about every map having its own slot, I’m talking about maps that have a constant traffic – Silverwastes especially, Dry Top (?) and now the new HoT maps even more for the fact that they have a hero points that are hardly soloable.(I’m not inculding world bosses as their events are daily and appear only at certain times of the day)

2nd - The unability to join another party for inbetween 2-20mins after you have joined 2-3 in a row. I do not believe this should honestly exist, as for the fact that it never existed in other online games I’ve played and is a restriction I find unnecessary. I’m pretty sure there’s a good arguement that can be set on here for why it should exist, which I don’t know about, but then again I believe it will still be far from acceptable. And its a big bummer having this. Why? I’ll tell you.

3d - The biggest and most important reason in my opinion. The map full error. Jesus Christ. I’m a student. After exams I get a lot of free time (if I pass them all that is..) so I can afford spending 4-12 hours of grinding daily, and I have to go to LFG, find a map, right click on the person that created the party in LFG and join the map (its stupid, give us proper button for this too ffs) just to see the famous 33:9.17:1535:101 map full error.
PLZ GIVE US SOMETHING! Something that will allow us to see the amount of players in the map (percentage, specific count, I don’t care) so players will stop creating LFG parties while their map is full, and players who’s map desperately need more to notice and create such.

So while staring at the LFG tab, hoping to see a party for your specific map/event, getting in such just to see the that the map is full, and then being unable to join another party for 20min, then this LFG system is enough to drive anyone INSANE!

No disrespect intended, I just think that since anet are creating more and more content requiring quantity based organizing, its important to make the LFG system more available and easy to use by adding few small touches that will make the overall experience way more enjoyable. You know how they say, that one grain of rice can make the whole meal delicious, right?

I do not know how many of these issues have been raised before, and I couldn’t find a topic, so excuse me for the long post.

~Grimegg

The LFG system

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Good points, and you are too kind toward Anet. These should of been implemented/fixed before HoT was even released. Half a year later and still nothing has been done. Shame, really.

The LFG system

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

Needs a show lfg for your current map only option.