The Legend Increases in price daily.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

I’m saving every penny I earn trying to get this precursor of the TP because I don’t think throwing staffs into the Forge is a very smart idea.

Anyway how is someone supposed to afford one of these things if the price keeps on rising 10+ gold a day?

I have no problem working towards my goal, but when the goal keeps shifting further and further I start to get discouraged. I fear by the time I have all my gift components It’ll be at 1000+ gold.

I’m really struggling to make 3-4 gold a day here. I can’t keep up with the climbing prices.

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

Currently we have a seller’s market, but in a few month things will change and the prices will stabilize. Just wait till spring.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

Posted by: Xarog.3172

Xarog.3172

ANet has expressed “concern” with regard to the cost of precursors. So while I’m not sure what solution they will think of, I’m pretty sure if things get out of hand that Anet will do something to make precursor weapons less costly.

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

All they have to do is increase the drop rate and then let everyone know they are increasing the drop rate.

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

Or they could say they’re increasing the drop rate without actually doing so, that could drive prices down just as well: after all, it is very difficult for players to check if there’s a change in the RNG, and it is what people believe that affects the market…

Posted by: Vim.7318

Vim.7318

Should have bought gems with your saved up gold when they were cheap and sold them during Halloween when the price was high. You would have doubled or tripled your money.

Posted by: azmodeus.3409

azmodeus.3409

well obviously the price will go up as people aquire more gold…

Posted by: Reihert.1509

Reihert.1509

Another way to fix it that you could get a garanteed precursor if you use at MForge four weapons from token vendor, for example one from ac, ta, hotw and arah.

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

I’m currently working on crafting a legendary as well (The Dreamer) and the precursor costs more than the rest of the components all together.

While Venom is only at 15 gold. And I can’t really understand why. Is Kraitkin less attractive? Different droprates?

Anyway, I’m not gonna open 531599 chests in Orr, I’m not gonna throw 5135 exotics shortbows in the Mystic Forge and I am not going to buy The Lover for 300 gold. Looks like I’ll have to wait…

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

@Reihert
That would be way too easy.. One every few days.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

It should just be harder and less random.

ANet has expressed “concern” with regard to the cost of precursors.

Of course. People looting those are getting like 300+ gold. That’s a LOT of gems.

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

I’m currently working on crafting a legendary as well (The Dreamer) and the precursor costs more than the rest of the components all together.

While Venom is only at 15 gold. And I can’t really understand why. Is Kraitkin less attractive? Different droprates?

Anyway, I’m not gonna open 531599 chests in Orr, I’m not gonna throw 5135 exotics shortbows in the Mystic Forge and I am not going to buy The Lover for 300 gold. Looks like I’ll have to wait…

because it’s an underwater weapon

Underwater Combat is mostly terrible and a very little part of the actual game.

Posted by: Uthar.8967

Uthar.8967

prices will not stabilize no game economy gets better it stagnates or inflates. (stagnation means no one is playing) in this game the botters will continue to farm stuff and the prices will continue to rise. in two months or in the spring new players simply will not be able to afford to buy gear. Especially if its getting difficult now.

Posted by: Nukem.2489

Nukem.2489

Prices will only go up as the number of bots increases and the number of people that buy from them also increases. As it is going right now soon prices of all items will be through the roof. Raw material will also worth way more than finished products except for very high grade rare materials.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Well with the new level 80 content i bet you will get item that can be made into these weapons dropping the over all price.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

They could just make those weapons obtainable by having them being able to be crafted in Mystic Forge rather than having them random dropped.

Unique weapons, for example, can only be crafted through place 4 certain materials into Mystic Forge rather than randomly obtaining them. Yes gathering the mats cost a lot but it not over 100 gold to craft one.

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

The legend is up by 23 more gold today.

Awesome…..

Posted by: Efaicia.3672

Efaicia.3672

This is my opinion on the whole thing as well. It is an unatainable goal for me with my limited play time shrug It is rather discouraging though, I mean, once you accept something is beyond your reach, you begin losing interest.

Posted by: Aaron.4807

Aaron.4807

My last post got deleted for what was apparently, copious amounts of swearing…

So here it is again without the swearing: There is a small group of people that own these that are buying and reselling them marked up for the sole purpose of driving the prices up. I wonder if Anet is aware of this bull crap and will do something about it. Because in theory the prices of these weapons should keep going down.

Wrekks/Wrekts

Posted by: paelen.3821

paelen.3821

The TP will never level out. Once a item becomes inflated, whose gonna buy? Unless of course the person removes it (which is doubtful).

Posted by: Senik.6549

Senik.6549

All they have to do is increase the drop rate and then let everyone know they are increasing the drop rate.

That’s great in theory, but to fix prices via increasing the drop rate would mean increasing it to the point of legendaries becoming utterly commonplace, which defeats the entire purpose. Then you end up with WoW’s “welfare epics” all over again, thereby reinforcing an immutable sense of entitlement in a whole new generation of players. The devs have gone out of their way to avoid a lot of the same community-poisoning design mistakes from other games, and I don’t see them making exceptions here.

I’ll never go for a legendary, as things are structured today, because when I think of the huge amount of other things I could do with the time and resources it’s not remotely worth it to me. But I could imagine being pretty annoyed if it did matter to me, and I worked really hard to get it, and then they changed the system so it was far less of an accomplishment to own one. There’s no way to keep that from happening unless the price of these items is, for better or worse, tied to the rate of inflation in the game’s economy.

Posted by: Snow.5269

Snow.5269

The entire design philosophy behind precursors is just a awful mess. You have the entire legendary process that is more or less account bound & then 1 component that is not & can only be obtained by gambling or hoping you are that lucky .0000000001% that have 1 drop.

Posted by: Senik.6549

Senik.6549

The entire design philosophy behind precursors is just a awful mess. You have the entire legendary process that is more or less account bound & then 1 component that is not & can only be obtained by gambling or hoping you are that lucky .0000000001% that have 1 drop.

Sure, but assuming they want to ensure legendaries actually remain somewhat rare, how else would you recommend they implement it? At some point, it has to be governed by a (very) limited resource. And, unfortunately, they have to make that resource tradable — e.g. if I ever got a precursor drop and couldn’t trade it, it would just sit in my bank forever because I still won’t be bothered to perform all the other steps required to forge the item.

IMO, this thread is really just a symptom of the fact that there is an growing problem with inflation in the game’s economy right now. If you play the TP market with any seriousness, you’ll see this. The buying power of gold is going down with respect to truly constrained commodities, because too much gold is flowing into the economy, either from gold farmers or other sources.

It’s possible that the precursor market is being manipulated somewhat by gold sellers, but only the devs could determine this (and I assume they are keeping an eye on it and would do something about it if they thought there was a problem).

Posted by: Snow.5269

Snow.5269

Sure, but assuming they want to ensure legendaries actually remain somewhat rare, how else would you recommend they implement it? At some point, it has to be governed by a (very) limited resource. And, unfortunately, they have to make that resource tradable — e.g. if I ever got a precursor drop and couldn’t trade it, it would just sit in my bank forever because I still won’t be bothered to perform all the other steps required to forge the item.

IMO, this thread is really just a symptom of the fact that there is an growing problem with inflation in the game’s economy right now. If you play the TP market with any seriousness, you’ll see this. The buying power of gold is going down with respect to truly constrained commodities, because too much gold is flowing into the economy, either from gold farmers or other sources.

It’s possible that the precursor market is being manipulated somewhat by gold sellers, but only the devs could determine this (and I assume they are keeping an eye on it and would do something about it if they thought there was a problem).

The precursor situation is a difficult one. The damage has been done so the only thing we can do is move forward with a new design philosophy towards acquisition.
Right now, nothing…nothing in the legendary process is difficult. Its a matter of swiping ones Visa. I would like to see a “elite” dungeon added that only those who are truly legendary players can overcome. No dungeon currently in the game comes remotely close to achieving this. Not even close. Upon completion one would be rewarded tokens that could be exchanged over time for a precursor.

Then we would see the truly legendary players.

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

The TP will never level out. Once a item becomes inflated, whose gonna buy? Unless of course the person removes it (which is doubtful).

I don’t think you understand how supply and demand works.

Overall, I think it’s hilarious that certain legendaries are worth so little compared to others. What sort of person in their right mind would buy Howl, for example?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: Humposaurus.5764

Humposaurus.5764

Just make your own precursor. Its cheaper and more fun! Nobody is telling you to buy these in the first place. Also there may be new ways added into the game to obtain precursor/legendary, so I would suggest wait at least untill the 18th of november to see what the SoS update will bring.

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

No dungeon could ever be “Legendary” as you put it Snow.
People would learn how best to do it then post builds, gear and Youtube videos for the general population to use and make the dungeon a simple matter.

Personally, I have a long term aim to get a legendary weapon. I was never going to buy my precursor, instead relying on the Mystic Forge. Probably futile, but as I don’t need it immediately, once all my characters are 80 with exotic gear I’ll have nothing else to spend the money on.

I suppose one idea to implement would be that the older a character is, the higher their chance of getting a precursor, but that brings back the uncomfortable premise of “Time Spent > Player Skill”, something I am fundamentally against.
But as legendaries are purely cosmetic, I think I could support such a mechanic.

Of course, the other side of the coin is that having watched YouTube videos of various legendary weapons, I honestly don’t think they’re worth the time and investment. Most are downright ugly with quite a few even being joke skins.

Pony bow?
Seriously?
There’s no other longbow legendary except a pop culture reference pandering to bronies?
Golf Clap

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Posted by: Llywellyn.4635

Llywellyn.4635

ANet has expressed “concern” with regard to the cost of precursors. So while I’m not sure what solution they will think of, I’m pretty sure if things get out of hand that Anet will do something to make precursor weapons less costly.

the only thing anet is doing atm is trying to keep the gem price up….

anyone else noticed a higher drop rate with black lion trading chests?

on topic
what ive heard is that there are some people with way to much gold and they are speculating with the prices of the precursors…
as long as people keep on hoarding gold, prices will rise further and further… thats economy

the only thing OP can do is actually keep an eye on the orders.. maybe the price is more stable in this section!?
i wouldnt go with the sellprice in the TP

they just have decreased the droprate for the mats you need to create the gifts.
i dont think that they will ever increase any droprate…. not even for rare drops….

sorry for any grammer and/or spelling mistakes
english isnt my native language

Posted by: Humposaurus.5764

Humposaurus.5764

If they are speculating? Why not buy all precursors and sell them for much larger prices. Thats what I should do lol. Buy all precursor and sell them for 1k-2k gold each.

Llywellyn.4635

If they are speculating? Why not buy all precursors and sell them for much larger prices. Thats what I should do lol. Buy all precursor and sell them for 1k-2k gold each.

i guess thats way to expensive… and it would take waaay to loong to sell them all again
and what if someone gets a precursor out of the mystic forge and sells it at the TP at the “regular” price (400g or something)?

its pretty dangerous to try to get a monopole on such a popular item
there may be others holding back some precursors waiting for the price to rise up
if you try to sell them with 1k maybe some others will try to sell them only with 800
now one knows… so its safer to just store gold and speculate on different items… pretty much like in real life

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

Prices are mainly influenced by the players. The price increase is a bad thing for you, a good thing for people selling the item. A sellerĀ“s boon is always a buyers detriment. End of story.

Posted by: Sahriah.3792

Sahriah.3792

The problem is that in the case of the exotic precursors, extremely rich players will buy any cheaper priced items and reprice them higher to match there other ones.

There should be a limit on people doing that for one, a few ppl shouldn’t control the price of the precursors to the extent of this.

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Best fix: maximum price of any item at 100g.

Force people to sell at reasonable prices.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Llywellyn.4635

Best fix: maximum price of any item at 100g.

Force people to sell at reasonable prices.

would rather force people to sell things outside the tp….

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

www.gw2spidy.org

If you’d actually check the prices and trendlines, you’d see the prices DEcrease long term. Several are flirting with the 100g mark. Underwater ones are no more than 40. Only the greatswords are over 300g.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Beherit.9710

Beherit.9710

heh, now u see, after some time has passed, prices didnt lower. iirc legend 2 months ago was like ~200g maybe? now its 571. I cant imagine how anet should ;do something about it’. Speculate as one of u said?:P truth is: higher prices on tp means more real cash to anet. u really think anyon buy gems to buy useless stuff from black lion? anyway im waiting for incresed drop rate of precursors.

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Too much demand, not enough supply.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

Pony bow?
Seriously?
There’s no other longbow legendary except a pop culture reference pandering to bronies?
Golf Clap

Okay, now I’m obligated to ask because people keep insisting that this bow was made for bronies.

What evidence do you have to back that up, beyond the fact that it has a unicorn on it and shoots rainbows? I mean specific evidence to prove that the developers made this bow for the sole purpose of pandering to a relatively small audience?

Because seriously, rainbows and unicorns were a pretty common “dream”/fantasy construct way before MLP even existed.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Earning gold is easier then it looks, I get minimum 5 gold daily and that is on a bad day. Usually it’s 7-15. And I rarely do dungeons lol and don’t even play that whole lot. You just gotta know how.

And about the precursor may I suggest waiting till they ad this scavenger hunt? You’ll save at least 600 gold that way if you’re willing to wait.

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

Too much demand, not enough supply.

It doesn’t help that the supply is held by a handful of people when they abused bugs early on and anet didn’t remove them from the game.

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

Don’t get them from the marketplace, and don’t support those price gougers. Either get it via RNG from the forge, or run stuff until a precursor drops, or wait for the scavenger hunt. I know it’s frustrating, but I’ve put off buying Zap; I refuse to encourage the inflation created by a handful of folks who mostly do it just to jerk other players around.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: pdboddy.4162

pdboddy.4162

Okay, now I’m obligated to ask because people keep insisting that this bow was made for bronies.

What evidence do you have to back that up, beyond the fact that it has a unicorn on it and shoots rainbows? I mean specific evidence to prove that the developers made this bow for the sole purpose of pandering to a relatively small audience?

Because seriously, rainbows and unicorns were a pretty common “dream”/fantasy construct way before MLP even existed.

Just do a search for mlp guilds on gw2 and you’ll find that they’re not exactly a small audience. And they don’t necessarily have be pandering to a specific audience by putting pop culture references into the game. I mean, the new show appears to be hugely popular, and it has been so for a few years, so why is the bow not a reference to mlp?

Only AN can confirm/deny it and I doubt they will. So people will believe what they want to believe.

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

I wouldn’t say it’s made for Bronies, it would definitely appeal to them.

The kitten thing shoots unicorn projectiles (the front is a unicorn, with a rainbow trail) how could that not suit pony-lovers?

I think that thing is designed as an anti-Nightmare Court weapon.
They fight with darkness, so we must fight with rainbows!

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

Just do a search for mlp guilds on gw2 and you’ll find that they’re not exactly a small audience. And they don’t necessarily be pandering to a specific audience by putting pop culture references into the game. I mean, the new show appears to be hugely popular, and it has been so for a few years, so why is the bow not a reference to mlp?

I did, and there’s a total of nine such guilds in the whole game. That’s not even one per server. Hate to say it, but yeah, that’s what I would call a small audience.

http://www.equestriagaming.com/p/pony-guilds. html#GuildWars2 (edit: censor hates this because it thinks it’s foul language….censor fail)

What’s bothering me is that you people are acting like the concept of a unicorn, or the idea of a rainbow….like those things didn’t even exist before 2010. And they’ve certainly never showed up together before! Nope, obviously MLP invented them both.

I’m beginning to wonder if the internet has just completely lost its collective sanity and has decided that anything with rainbows or horse-shaped animals is automatically a brony shout-out.

The idea of rainbows and unicorns have often been used throughout the decades as a way to depict the idea of living in a fantasy, a sort of “dream world” that doesn’t at all resemble reality. Even today, it’s a term sometimes used by politicians to paint their opponent’s stance as living in a “dream world” that can’t possibly come to pass as a result of the policies they want to enact. Ergo, “The Dreamer” is a bow with a unicorn on it that shoots rainbows.

I don’t understand why this is so hard for people to comprehend, but trust me, unicorns and rainbows existed before MLP.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

Posted by: Sinergy.6374

Sinergy.6374

The bifrost idea is pretty cool I think… The road you take between life and death. The very last path.

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

i remember the first time i saw the legend in the TP..it was for 15g cool days.

I took an arrow to the knee

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

I just wish they make obtaining legendary weapon as an achievement of several tasks. (Kill of dragons, world bosses, story, wvw “master”, “pvp killer” and some new content instead of this grind fest. Grind 250 ecto grind 250 all t6 grind grind grind. I gave up on grinding. Game has much more in it than stupid item grinding. Hopefully in future players that just play instead gold grind are allowed to obtain leggies too.