The Legendary Guild Wars 2 Toaster!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Phex.8423

Phex.8423

I was at Rezzed in London last Saturday and was very lucky to win one of the Extremely Rare and Highly Coveted Totally Authentic Guild Wars 2 Toasters!

Some people I met there asked me to post a picture of the toaster on the forums, so here you go, a pic of my breakfast this morning! I can confirm that it makes the toast taste more delicious than regular toast.

These toasters are quite rare and only have a couple of mentions about them on the Internet so far. One was posted by ANet to Wartower.de admins during Halloween 2012, one is in Josh Foreman’s kitchen (I think) and another is owned by this guy. There’s also somebody’s housemate who has one, supposedly purchased at a mysterious faire.

I had a great time at Rezzed and was completely chuffed to be able to be there. It was amazing getting to meet and talk to all the ANet devs and other players, and of course to play HoT. Thanks for coming to London!

Attachments:

(edited by Phex.8423)

Posted by: GuzziHero.5104

GuzziHero.5104

Yer a jammy get!

Nice one mate

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Love it.

Posted by: Coedeax.2567

Coedeax.2567

I love this so much!!

It’s not FAIR!

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

So now you can say that you actually live, breathe, and eat Guild Wars 2.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

“..no one around here wants any toast. Not now, not ever. No toast. … no buns, baps, baguettes or bagels, no croissants, no crumpets, no pancakes, no potato cakes and no hot-cross buns and definitely no kitten flapjacks.”

“ah so you’re a waffle man!”

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

You’re using it? You don’t have it enshrined on a shelf, sitting on velvet, and surrounded by lit candles?

You…. You HEATHEN!

Ok this picture can give you an idea how to worship it properly. A statuette of Gaile standing on a stack of waffles. The toaster can have rainbows and unicorns above it with the ANet logo on their butts.

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Phex.8423

Ahh, I am not worthy! Keeping it pristine did cross my mind, but somehow revering a kitchen appliance boxed and in unused condition seemed extreme even by my standards. Besides the GW2 logo that it burns on toast is just too fun NOT to enjoy!

I love that this thing exists. GW2 is known to not have a whole lot of merchandise so it’s pretty hilarious that out of every possible thing they could put their logo on, they picked toasters.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

But…. it burns part of it, while the rest is untoasted. It’s cute, but why would you use such a poor toaster?

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Phex.8423

Oh yes, I’m sure there are toasters better suited for making great toast. My current toaster is rubbish and this is actually an upgrade in more than just the novelty aspect. :P I’ll always have my old toaster for when my toast needs to be less geeky!

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Can you run the game on that?

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

Well, there are the guys who managed to run Doom on a printer, sooo… maybe?^^

I didn’t believe this was possible, but this is something I want more than the Darth Vader toaster. And I bet it’d still get voted out of the kitchen as soon as I bought it. Lousy family, don’t want to eat partially burned toast…

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yeah, but the graphics are all grainy and the center has this dark area, like a big scorch mark, in the shape of a dragon head. :/

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

That is a fantastic toaster, grats! The fact that it puts the logo on the toast has suddenly filled me with longing.

Posted by: Royal.2693

Royal.2693

“..no one around here wants any toast. Not now, not ever. No toast. … no buns, baps, baguettes or bagels, no croissants, no crumpets, no pancakes, no potato cakes and no hot-cross buns and definitely no kitten flapjacks.”

“ah so you’re a waffle man!”

If you look closely, that toaster is actually a banana.

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

Hey Phex!

I was one of the Charrlie holding participants against you in that toaster race!

Now I wish I had known who wrote those books in Ebonhawke or that I’d got my hand up much quicker to answer Queen Salma!

Cool toaster, though! Enjoy it! It was nice meeting you and other Guild Wars fans that day.

Phex.8423

Thanks JayMack! I felt like I let every lore fan down by blanking on Gaile’s bonus question about King Doric. xD

All the other participants seemed very knowledgeable about the lore as well, I guess sometimes it boils down to who has their hand up first. My guild holds a GW trivia event every week so admittedly, I have had practise with springing on questions quickly. :P

Posted by: metaldude.4132

metaldude.4132

I am so happy for you..yet so sad for me at the same time….XD

Sharpen your justice. Dust off resolve. Brace your courage. The Guardian dragonhunter approaches.