The Longest Yard

The Longest Yard

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

35 points from 20,000 achievement points and my achievements that are left to do aren’t particularly stuff I want to do. I “could” do them but I’m not really a grinding sort of guy.

Anyone else hate that time when you have 40-50 points to your next big chest and you realize you’ll be getting it with dailies? lol

The Longest Yard

Posted by: avan.2803

avan.2803

Monthly will reset soon

The Longest Yard

Vayne.8563

I’ll have it in dailies before the monthly resets, but that was a great point. lol

The Longest Yard

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Now imagine what would happen if you reach the 10k AP daily cap :X

The Longest Yard

Vayne.8563

Yeah, but I’m actually looking forward to it anyway.

The Longest Yard

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’ve had this a few times. Normally I don’t pay much attention to my achievement points but it is frustrating when you’re so close.

And similarly when I see achievements I’m not that interested in sitting on top of my nearly completed list. I spend an hour or two in Frostgorge Sound killing yellow enemies just because I almost got Lifetime Survivor while crafting in LA, didn’t notice and changed maps just before finishing it. And recently I’ve been tempted to switch back to my guardian and go hammer some wurms just because Hammer Master and Wurm Slayer are top of the list.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

The Longest Yard

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Achievement chests seem so poor now. After April 15th, they removed my chance of an “oddball” weapon or armor piece. (I got a couple dungeon weapons and a good portion of the light “Apostle” armor set that way). That chance always left me eager to reach the next chest. Nowadays they feel like weak Champ Bags, and I get no urge at all to push towards the next one.

I am approaching another Achievement Chest myself. They improved Personal Story rewards… I don’t suppose they’ve done anything to make the Achievement Chests feel like you’re being rewarded again? It would be nice if they restored the chance to get out-of-the-ordinary weapons and armor. Or Black Lion Keys/Weapon Tickets. Or something to bring back the anticipation.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

The Longest Yard

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

I always leave myself a few “easy” quicky Achievements almost done just for such an occasion of realizing I’m only a few points away from my next chest. Then I can go back to not paying attention to my AP for awhile again, haha.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”