The Most Obnoxious MMO Community To Date?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hezekiah.2069

Hezekiah.2069

I know no good can possibly come from this, but every time I drop by the forums I can’t help but notice how disrespectful and defensive this community has become. Anyone that has anything critical to say is given the old Thousand Hand Slap by the game’s fans.

In MMOs with subs I chalk it up to people wanting on whatever level to defend the money they spend every month on the game. But here it is as bad as I have ever seen and the game has no sub..so I am at a lost.

Why all the hostility?

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

A lot of people are frustrated with the DR and the rewards from dungeons. They seem to come here to vent that frustration. Anet is hopefully going to fix some of that with Monday’s patch. Keep your fingers crossed it works.

Posted by: atticus.2897

atticus.2897

Fans will be fans. You’ll see the same hostility, as you put it, from fans of certain music artists, console games etc. and there’s no subscription fee involved there. Not everything boils down to a sub fee.

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Because everyone on both sides loves the game.

Posted by: robber.4613

robber.4613

Hell no love my server community! Forums are a small fraction of the people playing!

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

If you walked into Street Fighter IV’s forum and blathered on about how much the game sucks because it’s nothing like Tekken 6, you’d rightfully be met with hostility.

People are doing pretty much exactly that on these boards. Relevant criticisms take a back-seat to uninformed consumers whining about wanting this game to be a carbon copy of either WoW or GW1.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Posted by: Fiennes.9568

Fiennes.9568

Why all the hostility?

I think it is because that few posters know how to put their point forward in a coherent and non-biased manner. Conversely, those who see nothing wrong are unable to do the same.

I think we can all take something away from this. Stop posting things with titles such as “X IS KITTENING BROKEN”, and instead say something like “I believe there is an issue with X, here’s my findings”.

There’s very little coherent thought on both sides.

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

This forum is tame compared to most other forums. Go to the BF3 forums and see how complaints/suggestions are handled.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

The forum community is VERY different from the in-game community.

Firstly, I am NOT equating constructive criticism with hostility. Constructive criticisms are those that add to a conversation, present a problem, AND present possible solutions. Hostile posts only seek to point out flaws and any thing said to the contrary is labeled “fanboyism” or “trolling” (popular words here, unfortunately).

People tend to be hostile towards the game for a few reasons, though:

1. They truly like a different game and do not want to see another in the same genre succeed. These individuals must often be reminded that it is OK to play and like multiple games within a genre.

2. They came into the game expecting X and got Y. In some instances, X was advertised and these people have a right to be concerned. In others, X was never advertised and in fact goes against core mechanics and philosophies. Those complaints make no sense.

3. Some are simply using the forums to vent. It really helps them feel better. And that’s OK…to a certain extent. However, it more often than not results in name calling, and that’s where it becomes counter productive, because EVERYONE winds up getting their feelings hurt

I generally applaud constructive criticism…but many…MANY of these posts are inflammatory. They often begin with “fanboys” or “fans” and are meant to bait people.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Bhuta.1480

Bhuta.1480

Think it’s abit early to judge the gw2 community yet, give it a couple of months for the haters to leave and then see what the forums are like then, every mmo has this sort of initial crowd,they quite quickly leave or move on to moan about the next new thing.

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

See this is where the problem stems. A lot of people keep generalizing anybody that wants a single change that MIGHT be similar to something any other MMO has ever had and they are instantly called WoW losers or some such.

If I said that I wanted [insert something from WoW here] and gave legitimate reasons for it, it doesn’t mean that I love WoW. I played WoW for about 5 minutes on my friends account and was bored but what if I liked one aspect that was in WoW? All of the sudden I’m some WoW fanboy. That isn’t even considering that WoW was most certainly not the first MMO to have the vast majority of these things that we want in GW2.

What I would like to see is a community that is allowed to voice their concerns and issues and then be confronted with others who argued back and forth with logic and strong points, not “go back to WoW you pandadude”. It is incredibly childish to generalize everybody who has a singular opinion.

Edit: @Vorch
I feel like you left off at least one group. The people that wants to see change versus the people who do not. I also feel that there are very few people who are only here to try and cut GW2 off right now so as to make any other MMO stronger. In fact, the very notion of attempting that seems trivially silly to me.

(edited by DaedalusDragon.3754)

Posted by: lcizzle.8219

lcizzle.8219

It’s it still the same as a subscription MMO. It is new right now so people are trying to justify the $60 they spent on a game that is still pretty broken. They promised a lot during the betas and failed to deliver on the optimization front. I had to go out and buy a new computer just to play because their “optimizations” made my once playable computer unplayable. We also told them about many problems during the BWEs and they straight up ignored them. Particle effects to big, and to many in PVE zergs. Confirmation dialog on gem purchases just to name a few.

I know no good can possibly come from this, but every time I drop by the forums I can’t help but notice how disrespectful and defensive this community has become. Anyone that has anything critical to say is given the old Thousand Hand Slap by the game’s fans.

In MMOs with subs I chalk it up to people wanting on whatever level to defend the money they spend every month on the game. But here it is as bad as I have ever seen and the game has no sub..so I am at a lost.

Why all the hostility?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think the fanboy/girl raging is an (over)reaction to all the hate that was being posted when the game was first released, and still is to some extent. People get angry when they come to talk about a game they like and see nothing but “Why Anet MUST do XYZ” “Why GW2 is broken” “This is not good enough” etc. etc.

Hopefully the forum will settle down over time. Although it’s always going to be the people with strong feelings (both positive and negative) who take the time to come here and post. The vast majority of players have probably never even read the forum.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Science.4207

Science.4207

Anet are proud of what the dungeons are. They want you to have to repeat it 50 times. They think this makes the gear “worth it”.

The fans aren’t justifying their sub fee, they’re justifying their hype for so long. They’re trying to internally rationalize in any way they can that the game is good.

They lay blame on any scapegoat they can find, be it “scrubs” “noobs” “whiners” “wowpandas” whatever they can think of no matter how tenuous.

The game is already turning out like TOR, where the majority of the people still playing are diehard zealots who cannot bring themselves to admit that the game is a shallow and tedious experience at endgame.

Anet doesn’t care. They have our money.

Science.4207

Think it’s abit early to judge the gw2 community yet, give it a couple of months for the haters to leave and then see what the forums are like then, every mmo has this sort of initial crowd,they quite quickly leave or move on to moan about the next new thing.

yeah! just like TOR! it was so much better once all the haters left and there were single digit population servers!

NOTHING IS WRONG NOTHING IS WRONG EVERYTHING IS FINE KEEP GRINDING FOR YOUR WORTHLESS SKINS

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

Ah, the BF3 forums, where all the nostalgia-glasses-toting trogs laugh about how every single MW game is a carbon copy of the last with better graphics, then cry because BF3 isn’t just BF2 with better graphics. And don’t even get me started about the self-entitled kiddies who think paying for expansions is somehow a new thing to PC gaming. Those threads always make me lol.

Anyway, getting off topic. The hostility normally comes from people asking for changes that run opposite to the core foundations ArenaNet set for this game, the ideas this game brought to the table and have been largely successful. It scares them. It’s different, and people don’t like different.

Many weren’t even expecting different; they picked up this game thinking “Oh, it’s an MMO, and every MMO made recently has basically been WoW with a different story and stuff, so I’ll grab this game and get my holy trinity and gear treadmill on. Numbers, here I come!” and then find out that it’s nothing like WoW. So they come here complaining about the game, and the suggestions they give to “fix” it run opposite to the reasons this game was made, the reasons most of us bought it.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Science.4207

Many weren’t even expecting different; they picked up this game thinking “Oh, it’s an MMO, and every MMO made recently has basically been WoW with a different story and stuff, so I’ll grab this game and get my holy trinity and gear treadmill on. Numbers, here I come!” and then find out that it’s nothing like WoW. So they come here complaining about the game, and the suggestions they give to “fix” it run opposite to the reasons this game was made, the reasons most of us bought it.

Do you know what a strawman is?

Posted by: TransparentlyOpaque.1824

TransparentlyOpaque.1824

Anet are proud of what the dungeons are. They want you to have to repeat it 50 times. They think this makes the gear “worth it”.

The fans aren’t justifying their sub fee, they’re justifying their hype for so long. They’re trying to internally rationalize in any way they can that the game is good.

They lay blame on any scapegoat they can find, be it “scrubs” “noobs” “whiners” “wowpandas” whatever they can think of no matter how tenuous.

The game is already turning out like TOR, where the majority of the people still playing are diehard zealots who cannot bring themselves to admit that the game is a shallow and tedious experience at endgame.

Dont you dare compare this game to that abomination.

We will see what happens with the game in the next few months. More free and frequent content than other MMOS has been promised, we will see if they deliver. Its still new, only almost a month old. And already, this game is infinately better than TOR.

Phy.2913

Do you know what a strawman is?

Yes, it looks a lot like this: “NOTHING IS WRONG NOTHING IS WRONG EVERYTHING IS FINE KEEP GRINDING FOR YOUR WORTHLESS SKINS”

Not even close.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

This is an example of a post that offers no constructive basis whatsoever. Where inherently anyone who would disagree with the poster would be considered a fanboy by the poster’s own definition.

This is why so many people are defensive, even when a post IS constructive. The majority that I have seen are along the lines of this one.

The poster could have easily stated “I think that ANet should lower the amount of runs required to gain dungeon based armor. That would satisfy alot of people who have found this system to require too much effort for too little reward.”

Instead, you have what is in quotes.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

(edited by Vorch.2985)

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

Ah, the BF3 forums, where all the nostalgia-glasses-toting trogs laugh about how every single MW game is a carbon copy of the last with better graphics, then cry because BF3 isn’t just BF2 with better graphics. And don’t even get me started about the self-entitled kiddies who think paying for expansions is somehow a new thing to PC gaming. Those threads always make me lol.

Anyway, getting off topic. The hostility normally comes from people asking for changes that run opposite to the core foundations ArenaNet set for this game, the ideas this game brought to the table and have been largely successful. It scares them. It’s different, and people don’t like different.

Just as with any post you make, you are generalizing everyone with a complaint into being some uninformed slob that buys games because they have “mmo” somewhere on the box. (you even continue to generalize all MMO players to WoW players) For your information, I have many complaints about this game, all of which I have backed up with personal findings and reasonable logic, and I researched this game for a very long time before it came out and played in most of the betas.

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

If you think THIS is hostile go take a look at the Sims 3 forums this is tame compared to them .

One thing to keep in mind while reading the posts is that GW2 just came out and there still some kinks that still need worked out . On top of that a lot of the mechanics have changed from GuildWars 1 to GuildWars 2 and GW1 fans haven’t adjusted to that. The GW1 community at large was actually very friendly, I think forums just have a habit of bringing out the worst in some people

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

Well, look at WoW’s community. Then realize that much of WoW’s fanbase came to GW2, at least temporarily. So what do we get? The same trolls, jerks, and nerf herders that made WoW’s official forums such a great place to be.

Posted by: Crisu.9378

Crisu.9378

Hezekiah.2069

Why all the hostility?

I see your point, but Most Obnoxious MMO Community To Date? Let me try to change your mind.
1. Install WoW
2. If you dont have subscription you can pick up free trial
3. Create Orc or Troll – make sure you fit in with other as far as name go “yoMoma” should do it.
4. Run straight to Barrens, ignore all mobs.
5. Once you get there, waste 10 min of your life by paying FULL attention to chat. Don’t hesitate to ask how’s everybody doing if chat is silent.
6. Come back here and apologize.

Science.4207

Crisu, why would we do that when map chat in every zone in this game is just as bad as barrens chat?

Posted by: Crisu.9378

Crisu.9378

Science.4207

Crisu, why would we do that when map chat in every zone in this game is just as bad as barrens chat?

I dont know about that… Barrens chat was pretty rough last time I checked.

Science.4207

You don’t like the endgame? sorry this game wasn’t What You Expected Of It. Go to the suggestion forums, make your point.

The game isn’t even close to what they described in their widely popular manifesto video.

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

sigh… this again?
The game has a lot of bugs, a lot very annoying and must be fixed. For that, you have a Bug sections.
You don’t like the endgame? sorry this game wasn’t What You Expected Of It. Go to the suggestion forums, make your point.
DON’T Come here to spread hate. Dont tell us “what other MMOs” did. If you want to quit, do it.. leave a good feedback in the forums and come back when you want, because you have not yo pay subs.

you’re making their point for them . instead of “OMG GO AWAY!” try saying something constructive

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

Not every zone. Most zones are quite quiet. One or two zones can get pretty bad, though. Primarily Queensdale, where the other night some guys were arguing about how wrong it was that they can’t marry a 5 year old, and Lornar’s Pass. But I think these are mostly people that came here from WoW and will be leaving in a few days anyway, even though they’ll be back a few weeks later when they’re out of interesting stuff to do in mop.

Science.4207

This is why I get hostile.

Hey, you there. Troll. Yes, you. I know what you want. I’ll give it to you! In fact, I’m already giving you the attention you deserve. Try a little harder. I might get mad. C’mon. I know you got a good one.

So anyone who disagrees with you is a troll?

Great community, that.

Science.4207

But I think these are mostly people that came here from WoW and will be leaving in a few days anyway, even though they’ll be back a few weeks later when they’re out of interesting stuff to do in mop.

And what will you do in 3 days when nothing changes? Will you invent a new scapegoat for the game’s vitriolic community?

Posted by: riku.2091

riku.2091

This is why I get hostile.

Hey, you there. Troll. Yes, you. I know what you want. I’ll give it to you! In fact, I’m already giving you the attention you deserve. Try a little harder. I might get mad. C’mon. I know you got a good one.

So anyone who disagrees with you is a troll?

Great community, that.

False.

A troll is someone who posts inflammatory comments merely for the sake of posting things to outrage others and elicit a response. Which is pretty much all of your posts.

Now that that is out of the way.

…Yeah, pretty much. I have to be right. Anyone who says otherwise is an idiot. Same goes for their feelings towards me. So we’ll fight with no clear winner and two losers. It’s a beautiful circle. I call it a forum discussion.

Posted by: marianitten.1247

marianitten.1247

sigh… this again?
The game has a lot of bugs, a lot very annoying and must be fixed. For that, you have a Bug sections.
DON’T Come here to spread hate. Dont tell us “what other MMOs” did. If you want to quit, do it.. leave a good feedback in the forums and come back when you want, because you have not yo pay subs.

you’re making their point for them . instead of “OMG GO AWAY!” try saying something constructive

I’m noy saying go away. I’m saying instead of post the same crap all over again.. and again.. and again.. try to make the change. There are forums for suggestions/bugs/dungeons.

For Those About to Zerg (We Salute You)

Posted by: Archer.6485

Archer.6485

Maybe if we didn’t have 50 different threads for the same complaint.
Maybe if the complaints were well articulated and weren’t just hate spewing?
Maybe if the complaints weren’t attached with “this will fail just like swtor unless I get what I want” doom prophecies.
Maybe if every counter-argument wasn’t treated as fanboy rage.
Maybe if the complaints weren’t schizophrenic “this game is for casuals with no endgame, also the explorables are too hard”
Maybe if people understood patience when it comes to changing things.
Maybe if people stopped overreacting about every tiny pet peeve they have about the game.

Maybe then some of that constructive criticism you’re talking about could actually be found, because right now it’s really really hard to dig out.

Phy.2913

Maybe if the complaints weren’t attached with “this will fail just like swtor unless I get what I want” doom prophecies.
Maybe if the complaints weren’t schizophrenic “this game is for casuals with no endgame, also the explorables are too hard”
Maybe if people stopped overreacting about every tiny pet peeve they have about the game.

Maybe then some of that constructive criticism you’re talking about could actually be found, because right now it’s really really hard to dig out.

And then we’ll find another unicorn to breed with this one, and finally have those unicorn polo tournaments I always dreamed of.

Posted by: FourthVariety.5463

FourthVariety.5463

GW2 is very diverse. As a result it is very very easy to find something you hate to the point where you vow to quit the game. But it is also just as easy to never have run into that problem, find something you like about it and defend GW2 in the forums.

This inherent structure of GW2 is dragging players into a fight, because it is easy to gain a perspective on the game which is incomprehensible for other players who never experienced it. Best example is the whole divide between players who hate dungeons, players who love dungeons and players who never have been in a dungeon.

If GW2 was a modern military shooter, there would be multiplayer and single player and those two modes would have been developed by two different teams at one studio.

GW2 has not only single player and multiplayer. It has sPvP, WvW, open world PvE, personal Story PvE (single player RPG), coordinated PvE (dungeons), and a loot game (grind-for-fun) attached to it. That is not counting the minigames, which were cut down to a minimum and that is not counting all the social features, trading post, etc.

There is your problem. ArenaNet might have a large team, but still not enough teamsize to deliver on something this all-encompassing. Naturally, it is going to be hit and miss for a lot of players. No MMO ever managed to include that many sub-games and be more than mediocre on average.

But people just cherry pick their one favorite mode and if it is anything but absolutely spotless perfect, they will complain in this forum. The rest is playrs who love the game rushing to its defense.

Not so much trolling, as predictable human behavior on the outskirts of acceptable verbal conduct.

Posted by: MrThebigcheese.2014

MrThebigcheese.2014

A lot is Anet’s fault with their ridiculous sales hype. Revolution this and amazing dynamic events that.

Then they released a game that is a step backwards for the genre in terms of creativity and content. All they did was change things up on the interface and make it so you don’t pick up/turn in quests.

The content itself is as stale as it gets. The classes are the shallowest in the genre. Everything about GW2 was tired upon release.

Posted by: Archer.6485

Archer.6485

And then we’ll find another unicorn to breed with this one, and finally have those unicorn polo tournaments I always dreamed of.

One can dream :p

Posted by: knightblaster.8027

knightblaster.8027

A lot is Anet’s fault with their ridiculous sales hype. Revolution this and amazing dynamic events that.

Then they released a game that is a step backwards for the genre in terms of creativity and content. All they did was change things up on the interface and make it so you don’t pick up/turn in quests.

The content itself is as stale as it gets. The classes are the shallowest in the genre. Everything about GW2 was tired upon release.

And this post is another example.

Guys, if you want to understand why there is so much hostility from the fans of the game, it’s because of posts like this. Totally unconstructive, unhelpful, inflammatory and baiting.

Posted by: MouthForWar.4210

MouthForWar.4210

with any game really, the majority of players who post on the forums are usually the angry ones. the ones who are content with the game are often too busy actually playing the game they love to come here and post about it.

That’s why you’ll see more angry posters than ones with legitimately constructive criticism. There’s a big difference between those 2 things.

I have my frustrations with the game, as do most players, but its always the ones that have NOTHING BUT frustrations who seem to demand change.

Posted by: Bobby.2918

Bobby.2918

Eh what MouthForWar said.

Plus, the forums are for discussion of the game period. With, what, a couple million people playing you have that many kinds of people to be found on here.

Honestly, I go to forums to read the fights between ardent defenders and ardent haters. Not even going to lie. I still go to the SWTOR forums to watch those clinging to the rails of the TORtanic blast anyone who criticizes the game.

It’s actually a lot of fun when I’m not able to play.

Posted by: Razamis.1062

Razamis.1062

I don’t love this game, I think it is a colossal failure and did not live up to expectations (honestly how could it).

I am checking forms now days more as an amusing thing to watch the drama unfold and see how fast players realize this game seems to be empty of anything to actually do at level cap.

Posted by: Sister Mercia.6342

Sister Mercia.6342

If someone wants to be taken seriously and for their opinion to be respected, then how they express their opinion is important.

Opinions on MMO forums are often framed in abusive terms, as though by being as offensive as possible the poster is trying to convey how strongly they hold their opinion. Or they could be a troll.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when it is unconsidered and calculated to offend the poster confers upon the rest of us the right to exclude them from intelligent conversation.

Posted by: daemonlama.5413

daemonlama.5413

I don’t love this game, I think it is a colossal failure and did not live up to expectations (honestly how could it).

I am checking forms now days more as an amusing thing to watch the drama unfold and see how fast players realize this game seems to be empty of anything to actually do at level cap.

Also, to be an instigator. just a few seconds looking through the “all posts by this user” option showed me enough.

Hide behind, “I am here for amusement”, but what does that really say about you? How dull must life be in order for someone to linger around a forum of a game they don’t like just to troll…just sayin.

MrThebigcheese.2014

Guys, if you want to understand why there is so much hostility from the fans of the game, it’s because of posts like this. Totally unconstructive, unhelpful, inflammatory and baiting.

You have inadvertently highlighted the problem perfectly. You think anyone with a negative opinion of the game is “unhelpful, inflammatory and baiting”. This is obviously not true at all.

The reason for the hostility is people like you honestly. I didn’t insult anyone, it’s not inflammatory at all. You just don’t agree so you give it ignorant labels.

The content is stale. It’s the same thing every mmo has been doing for years. Warhammer’s public quests were better than DEs.

The classes are the shallowest in the genre. So few skills, such little progression. Gameplay is incredibly simple and repetitive as a result, even for an mmo.

Try to understand that opinions that differ from yours are not wrong. You are literally part of the problem. Please try to regain the ability to be objective instead of irrationally trying to discredit anything you disagree with.

(edited by MrThebigcheese.2014)

knightblaster.8027

You have inadvertently highlighted the problem perfectly. You think anyone with a negative opinion of the game is “unhelpful, inflammatory and baiting”. This is obviously not true at all.

The reason for the hostility is people like you honestly. I didn’t insult anyone, it’s not inflammatory at all. You just don’t agree so you give it ignorant labels.

The content is stale. It’s the same thing every mmo has been doing for years. Warhammer’s public quests were better than DEs.

The classes are the shallowest in the genre. So few skills, such little progression.

Try to understand that opinions that differ from yours are not wrong. You are literally part of the problem. Please try to regain the ability to be objective instead of irrationally trying to discredit anything you disagree with.

Opinions are fine, friend, but when you use words like “backwards”, “stale”, “shallowest” and “tired”, you are being inflammatory. Hint: being inflammatory does not require attacking someone personally. It simply means that your opinion is being expressed in a way that will inflame others. If you do not understand this, or refuse to accept it, I cannot help you — but it’s quite obvious that posts like yours are the kind of flamebait that is devouring this forum.

MrThebigcheese.2014

Opinions are fine, friend, but when you use words like “backwards”, “stale”, “shallowest” and “tired”, you are being inflammatory. Hint: being inflammatory does not require attacking someone personally. It simply means that your opinion is being expressed in a way that will inflame others. If you do not understand this, or refuse to accept it, I cannot help you — but it’s quite obvious that posts like yours are the kind of flamebait that is devouring this forum.

I used those words because they describe the game the most accurately. If you find it “inflammatory” you are the one who needs to take a step back think about what you’re doing.

Notice I talk about the game….you talk about me. In my opinion that says everything anyone needs to know.

GW2 really is more of the same and Anet talked big about revolution.

knightblaster.8027

Your post was entirely unconstructive and unhelpful and worded to incite. If that is what you honestly harbor in your head, you are the one who needs to step back and realize that you are being over the top.

You claim I am talking about you personally (when my post about yours simply noted it was an example of why people were treating these kinds of posts with hostility), and yet it was you who described “people like me” as being “the reason for hostility” — quite expressly making your post a clear personal attack on me. The fact that you seem to have missed this is either ironic, sad, or both.

Posted by: TransparentlyOpaque.1824

TransparentlyOpaque.1824

bigcheese, if you are so tired of the game, what purpose do you have coming to the games forum? You essentially outted yourself as a troll, with nothing constructive to say.

If I found a game “stale”, with “shallow” content, I would move on and go play something that I found to be fun. You must be miserable to spend time with in real life, always droning on negatively about everything, when you could simply do something else with your time.

MrThebigcheese.2014

Some people talk about the game.

Some people criticize people talking about the game.

Guess who the problem is.