The New Blog Post for Second Half of Year?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

What about Cantha? >:(

Cantha would be an expansion and not an update. Why would they talk about Cantha?

Posted by: Mendax.9506

Mendax.9506

Cantha would be an expansion and not an update. Why would they talk about Cantha?

What about expansion then?

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

What about expansion then?

It would be designed by a different team in ArenaNet. Not the team working on the Living World.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Didn’t like seeing the word ‘chance’ in there. I’m tired of ‘chance’. What does it mean, a ‘chance to earn’? What’s wrong with just earning something and leaving ‘chance’ in the ‘been there, done that, it sucked’ bin?

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Spiral Architect.6540

Spiral Architect.6540

In my opinion it would be much better if you in the future just added the dungeons as permanent content, but let the story npcs stay and tell the tale of how the new content came to be.
You could just make some unique skins as a reward for completing those challenges when the content is fresh, and then take them out when the next chapter is added.

Because then everyone would get to experience the content, and the world would still feel alive because there would be changes added all the time.

^ This right here.

In my opinion, this would be one of the best changes since release. It keeps the “lore” alive, it builds on the amount of content available, it allows for people who missed the content to still experience it, and it keeps the game fresh and growing.

Posted by: NitricRose.1863

NitricRose.1863

I also, would like to see more permanent changes.

Please don’t be afraid to replace current content. Make new dynamic events, remove old dynamic events, replace whole areas when new critters move in (and the old resident critters can come back later and push the new out). Replace renown hearts with new ones.

I guess you can’t kill off the undead and dragons as that would ruin the personal story.

But you can create story lines that carry over to the next release by the same team. A continuing saga would be nice. Also have the teams be aware of what the other teams are working on. At times, you may be able to create some synergy and have different living story lines interact.

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

I don’t seem to know why many of you are so excited about this bi-weekly update.

You can be happy but not excited because the game isn’t balance and many many bugs still remain since release that have been intentially ignored.

Great ideas and suggestion have been ‘thrown under the bus’ intentionally,

I view this update as a tactic of distracting us from the lingering problems which has plagued imbalances among the classes.

Let me put it this way.. example; it’s like having your partner telling you that he/she will buy you gifs, take you out etc,,, every 2 weeks yet, he/she is continiously constanly Abusing and Tormenting you, every day,

Question is, would/should you be “Excited” or not?

As a Ranger class and for other “victim” classes, where is the excitements in all of this?

None at all…

This “update, patch” will not heal the wound or make us forget the pain which was Intentionally permitted on us.

Fix Ranger class and class balance..

End Favoritism for our Abusers and our Tormentors

End Punishing the ‘lesser’ classes for speaking up against important problems

End Imjustice toward non-elite classes

End Revenging againt Ranger classes for complaining too much

End Rewarding Elite Classes with buffs and Rewards

Than maybe, maybe, we can have something to be excited of..

Other than that,

It’s the same Pain and Torment, over and over again..

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Posted by: Kryptonite.9376

Kryptonite.9376

Until I see some living loot and some dead RNG I could give two kittens less about what they have going on for them.

Posted by: Ision.3207

Ision.3207

I don’t seem to know why many of you are so excited about this bi-weekly update.

You can be happy but not excited because the game isn’t balance and many many bugs still remain since release that have been intentially ignored.

Great ideas and suggestion have been ‘thrown under the bus’ intentionally,

I view this update as a tactic of distracting us from the lingering problems which has plagued imbalances among the classes.

Let me put it this way.. example; it’s like having your partner telling you that he/she will buy you gifs, take you out etc,,, every 2 weeks yet, he/she is continiously constanly Abusing and Tormenting you, every day,

Question is, would/should you be “Excited” or not?

As a Ranger class and for other “victim” classes, where is the excitements in all of this?

None at all…

This “updat, patch” will not heal the wound or make us forget the pain which was Intentionally permitted on us.

Fix Ranger class and class balance..

End Favoritism for our Abusers and our Tormentors

End Imjustice toward non-elite classes

End Rewarding Elite Classes with buffs and Rewards

Than maybe, maybe, we can have something to be excited of..

Other than that,

It’s the same Pain and Torment, over and over again..

Burnfall, I really enjoy your posts. And I mean that, they are always entertaining.

Your unrelenting hyperbole, conspiracy theories and moral indignation over a cartoon video game … well, it’s priceless!

Keep it going bro!

Colin Johanson to Eurogamer: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.
We want everyone on an equal power base.”

(edited by Ision.3207)

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I am all about the Living World stuff. It seems like you guys are just starting to get the hang of it and that it will just keep getting better and better. I also agree though with some posters that the dungeons should stay around permanently. Part of the attraction of difficult dungeons is that you get a chance to learn how to do it and maybe suffer some failures but then you get your footing and you then can start getting creative as a group of players in a guild to how you want to tackle the content.
With such a short window for the dungeons, it’s hard to get that creativity.

I would also implore the community to show a little patience with this stuff. They are doing something in a way that most companies have never tried. They will refine the process and it will get better. You as a community need to understand that releasing content in this way is also allowing people to KEEP THEIR JOBS. A lot of companies have to lay off people as a game releases. This at least allows them to keep more people on which is the most important thing here.

I for one love what you guys are doing. It’s an exciting and fresh approach. I can speak from personal experience of the last 3 MMO’s I played, that we would get a release or maybe two a year of content and that was all. Sure, it was permanent, but that was it. This stuff is varied and fun and challenging and rewarding and I look forward to the rest of the year and beyond! Cheers!

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Lymain.6723

Lymain.6723

I have a hard time getting into Living World events because they kinda feel tacked on to me. I’d be a lot more excited to try a new, permanent, difficult, and rewarding dungeon.

[AS] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Didn’t like seeing the word ‘chance’ in there. I’m tired of ‘chance’. What does it mean, a ‘chance to earn’? What’s wrong with just earning something and leaving ‘chance’ in the ‘been there, done that, it sucked’ bin?

This. I can understand that they want to keep some reward items sort of unique and so that not everyone will have them, but the other side of this coin is the incredible frustration of opening thousands of dragon coffers in hopes of getting the ticket.

I would like a system that if I do X content enough times I’ll get my reward. I don’t mind if it’s even a bit of a grind, if I’m certain to get my item/skin/Quaggan butler in the end.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

If they could just stop screwing Rangers over in PvE, I think that’d be enough to keep atleast 1/5th of their player base happy enough. Their current trend of letting the sPvP balancers ruin the rest of the game for a lot of classes will chase players away a lot faster than lack of rewards or too much focus on living story. I GUARANTEE IT b/c That’s exactly what caused COH’s demise (over roughly an 8 year pattern of bad dev cycles)

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

I am very very very curious about what is in store for rewards since reward is the engine of this game it seems. Id like more reward for exploration, finding hidden caves, waterfalls, chests, etc.

Achievement rewards going into the game next week on the July 9th patch. But…. there are many explorable rewards in the game currently. These are not only the jumping puzzle chests, but also the mini-dungeon chests too. Even without those, in random places in tents, up in bandit tree-forts, down in skritt tunnels (not Skrittsburg), and other places in the game I’ve found many chests and loot caches. I’ve even found some random mobs that ask me to save them and they become a unique vendor afterwards, or to fight them and they give me a cool prize….the whole game already has those exploration rewards right now. There’s no arrow to follow, just need two legs and the ability to move.

On Topic:
Nice blog post. I absolutely loved the following piece:

When we decided to make Guild Wars 2, we wanted to make something unique and different; we didn’t want to make the same MMO you’ve been playing for all these years. As a live game, we want to continue to build on that goal, to take the core concepts that inspired GW2 from the start and see if we can push the boundaries and explore even further what they can mean in the MMO space.

That should suffice to say, more or less shut up those that keep asking for raiding, gear progression, and the same features/content from other MMO games. If they want that, great on them, but there are choices out there that has what they want. This game, GW2, is going to -as the developers such as Colin have said- progress with the Living Story and do it’s own thing. I love it. I enjoy it. I HAVE FUN! GW2 for the win!

Posted by: Varmyr.4253

Varmyr.4253

Congrats to ANet for the effort, really! I am glad to see this game alive and kicking, evolving, becoming bigger and better. I am sure there will be bad calls and small failings because nothing is perfect, but for how hard they’re trying I commend them. I lost some faith in them after they introduced the ascended gear, but they’re slowly making up for that.

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

~Snip~

That should suffice to say, more or less shut up those that keep asking for raiding, gear progression, and the same features/content from other MMO games. If they want that, great on them, but there are choices out there that has what they want. This game, GW2, is going to -as the developers such as Colin have said- progress with the Living Story and do it’s own thing. I love it. I enjoy it. I HAVE FUN! GW2 for the win!

I disagree. Anyone who has purchased Guild Wars 2 (Including people who buy/bought Gems), is entitled to an opinion about the direction of the game, or lack there of. (People who were banned should not have a say)This includes armor, raids, and maybe even content similar to other MMOs, they should be allowed to.

ArenaNet has also stated they welcome suggestions, as long as they are constructive, and respectful to others.

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

“we’ll overhaul our explorable dungeons to make them more exciting, update our reward systems, add new fractals, create new activities, and turn our world’s giant bosses into even more epic encounters.”

I look forward to what you choose to produce in regards to these points.
I’m especially curious about the new fractals. The 8(9) that we have now are all well and fun, but a new one or two or three sound nice.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

I have a hard time getting into Living World events because they kinda feel tacked on to me. I’d be a lot more excited to try a new, permanent, difficult, and rewarding dungeon.

Hmmm,….I’m wondering if at all you’ve done the F&F Molten Weapons Facility, or the recent (and still open) Aetherblade Retreat? Because both were difficult and rewarding. AR is very, very difficult, and the rewards are at least 1 rare at the end, 1 gold, possibility of the Monocle (I so want!), and whatever the mid-boss drops. I’ve also received 3x Jade Weapon Tickets from all the coffers that have dropped for me in there (2 on one run!).

i dont want to see any living world events.. instead i would go 100% on rewards dungeons permanent content.. etc.. what the people is asking anet everyday.. and they keep ignoring.. stop this living world stuff.. if that is necesary to fix and get the stuff we need and want.. nobody would mind… really

Ya….they’re not going to “stop the Living World stuff”. A minority, which have no interest in something new but want the same-ol’, same-ol’, are the ones asking for those other things. They have no understanding that GW2 is NOT like other MMO’s, and will not be (see my post above, which is a direct quote from the developers).

If you don’t want to see the Living Story, which will be constant, then I might suggest to look for your flavor of fun else where. This flavor of fun isn’t going to try to “New Coke” it’s customers.

~Snip~

I disagree. Anyone who has purchased Guild Wars 2 (Including people who buy/bought Gems), is entitled to an opinion about the direction of the game, or lack there of. (People who were banned should not have a say)This includes armor, raids, and maybe even content similar to other MMOs, they should be allowed to.

ArenaNet has also stated they welcome suggestions, as long as they are constructive, and respectful to others.

Actually, they don’t. They pay no monthly subscription and are not “entitled” to anything other than to be able to play the game as it is when they purchase it, with all the content that’s labeled on the box. All these Living Story content updates are FREE, as in players haven’t had to pay a dime to play them. That is the direction of this game as outlined by Colin in the blog post (so you can’t really say “lack there of” just because you don’t like it).

Once again I must point out that the developers are not wanting to, and will not try to, be like other MMOs on the market. They don’t want to create WoW2.0. They don’t want the very mediocre dungeon treadmill attached with a spotty power creep. They want GW2 to be the best at being it’s own thing, with their own set of goals and creativity. If you* don’t like, if you* can’t have fun with it, if you* can’t enjoy it, and if all you* do is complain about how it should be like ‘X’ game instead of how it is., then just log out, uninstall, and don’t play. Such a simple concept. But, demanding them to change their game to your liking for no other reason that to be like every other game out there is rude and just spitting in the face of ArenaNet.

*The “you” is not the person I quote, but more of a general to the many who try to change this game to something it’s not to push their own agenda rather than going out and finding what they do enjoy.

Posted by: Csele.1647

Csele.1647

to (Siphaed.9235:)

i didn’t read the whole wall … im not even saying i don’t like this events.. im ok with it.. but if this tiny festivals.. “temporary” are the reason we dont get fix’s.. and new real dungeons.. rewards… and a reason to play wvw… i don’t want to see them… the fact that you think 1 gold for that “long” dungeon is rewarding is ridiculous.. and you know you never going to get a monocle.. not even worth to mention.. also reward doesn’t mean gold… so yea..

Mirta.5029

… the fact that you think 1 gold for that “long” dungeon is rewarding is ridiculous.. and you know you never going to get a monocle.. not even worth to mention.. also reward doesn’t mean gold… so yea..

That dungeon is getting speedrun in 15 minutes. And yes, I do think that 1 gold in 15 minutes is a good reward.

Posted by: Csele.1647

Csele.1647

… the fact that you think 1 gold for that “long” dungeon is rewarding is ridiculous.. and you know you never going to get a monocle.. not even worth to mention.. also reward doesn’t mean gold… so yea..

That dungeon is getting speedrun in 15 minutes. And yes, I do think that 1 gold in 15 minutes is a good reward.

thats funny since only the last boss takes like 13 10 min in a good party unless you can skip the whole dungeon to the last boss..

Mirta.5029

thats funny since only the last boss takes like 13 10 min in a good party unless you can skip the whole dungeon to the last boss..

The achievement for the last boss is doing it under 15 minutes, people manage to do it in 7, run trough the adds before and finish the golem boss part really fast. It’s not a long dungeon, nor a difficult one. And it IS getting speedrun in 15 minutes.

Posted by: Aevic.9675

Aevic.9675

GW2 is lacking something to me want to play it more regularly. I play another mmo alongside this game and I don’t see myself logging on GW2 or wanting to first thing when I get on for the day if at all.

It doesn’t seem to have that thing other mmos have to keep me drawn in and wanting to play.

Few things off the top of my head that would make me stay on longer:

1. Accessibility: No LFG tool to get into dungeons easy (This is a big thing for me, I want to be able to queue up and do other things while waiting for a dungeon. Not sitting in town all day hoping someone will pick me up.)
2. Permanent content I can enjoy. This needs no explanation.
3. More endgame? I don’t believe for a second that end game should be running around old areas farming. I feel like there’s nothing to do in this game besides WvW. That’s all I can bother to enjoy (This goes back to the issue of not being able to find groups for anything.)

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Well, they say that the content in will now occur every 2 weeks and have PERMANENT additions to the game as well as temporary.

This, I am anxious to see.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Well, they say that the content in will now occur every 2 weeks and have PERMANENT additions to the game as well as temporary.

This, I am anxious to see.

It’s an ambitious undertaking, for sure. I just hope they remember that quality is more important than quantity when it comes to content.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I agree on the expressed intent being ambitious. If they pull it off, it could be glorious. However, pulling it off will require more stuff like the DE’s in Flame & Frost, and less like the “burn 50 dragon statues,” or “click 150 pinatas.”

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Ambitious undertaking. So far so good though. We’ve had 2 week patches for the last 2 months and i’ve very much enjoyed them.

Once these dungeons start coming back as fractals and the explorable dungeons get overhauled as part of the living story then we will be well on the way to improving the game. Last weeks balance patch was a huge step in the right direction (except maybe for ranger, sry guys) and with some more tweaks to bring some specs up we will be good to go.

I guess all you whiners didn’t actually read the blog since here you are foolishly complaining about temporary content when the blog specifically says we’ll get permanent content including entire new zones.

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

So all this is very exciting but i have some new friends who came to the game and they are also what you can call “Achievement wh0res” They look at their achivement tabs and asked me one question. “Can i still complete these living story achivements?”

What is the answer to this question?
Do they have to wait a year, if yes then that is fine but if they can never get the chance to complete these ever in the future then putting these limited time achievements is a terrible idea.

Mirta.5029

Do they have to wait a year, if yes then that is fine but if they can never get the chance to complete these ever in the future then putting these limited time achievements is a terrible idea.

you also can’t get the achievement points from previous monthlies/ dailies. Just tell them that they can do current living story achievements and if they’ll still for a long haul on average they’ll be higher on achievement points than most people, because the very oldest veterans with the most achievement points will probably slow down and not play the game as much as they did before.

Posted by: zallesz.1650

zallesz.1650

I kinda like the idea. If the temporary content is not the “kill 300 x and eat 500y” then it will be a huge relief. For permanent content, we shall see. Southsun was a permanent content which failed badly, but let’s hope this will turn out better.
But updates also brings bug fixing and polishing every two weeks which is also a positive.
But I seriously hope that they will add new stuff like armor. There were not many armors implemented, and we seriously need something to choose from. Every medium runs t3, every heavy female in Arah legs… give us quality with the same old exotic stats so that there will be more variety, more to collect. Same goes for weapons, new crafting recipes, so leveling can be less of a pain. Aesthetic changes. Somehow make the maps populated again. Like dailys can be “dynamic” regarding lvl, and instead of shiverpeaks/kryta/etc, more specific. You would have to do 5 events in Mt. Maelstrom if you are at that lvl, or a temple event if you are 80.
Also, connecting servers on specific maps lacking players is a good idea.
Anyway, looking forward to this, we have very high hopes for you!

ZilentNight.5089

you also can’t get the achievement points from previous monthlies/ dailies. Just tell them that they can do current living story achievements and if they’ll still for a long haul on average they’ll be higher on achievement points than most people, because the very oldest veterans with the most achievement points will probably slow down and not play the game as much as they did before.

See for them its not about being high on the achievement ranking, for them its about having the achievements in the Achivement tabs checked. It might not seem a big deal to others but it is a big deal for someone who is OCD lol.

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

Trying to do updates every two weeks means the quality control is going to suffer big-time. This game already has a ton of bugs. Updating so often will just make the situation worse.

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

Buckle up people and keep your hands inside. Looks like the ride is just starting.

I really want to see how ArenaNet implements this schedule. I’ve seen others argue the game is not that innovative (Frankly I can’t think of another MMO where I can play with a friend regardless of their level, gear, profession or server) but this kind of schedule will be hard to deny as raising the bar.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

See for them its not about being high on the achievement ranking, for them its about having the achievements in the Achivement tabs checked. It might not seem a big deal to others but it is a big deal for someone who is OCD lol.

Well better they be disappointed now than later. They will never complete all the requirements if they just started playing a year after launch. That goes for pretty much every MMO out there.

I keep seeing posts like this. Is there some part of the word achievement that people are unclear on? It seems like a pretty well known word to me, but maybe a lot of people here aren’t native english speakers. An achievement is something you work for which requires time, dedication, and commitment. By randomly handing them out to everyone that starts playing the game they are no longer achievements.

Also limited time content keeps players coming back and gives everyone new stuff to do when they come back without spreading the playerbase out too much. If every achievement and story was still available the player base would be way too spread out and the world would feel empty.

ZilentNight.5089

Lol, your post is quite amusing. Everyone knows the definition of an achivement.
And i understand the model of having limited time content but the post is not asking to hand anyone an achievement, instead giving the new players a shot to re-play some of the temporary content that is no longer in the game.

I personally have every living story ahievement completed but my friend is not so fortunate. So the request is to bring back the temp content in a year or when certain time has passed so these players can check the empty boxes.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

It it amazing how rigorously they’re adding content to the game considering “all the money they get goes to NCSoft to fund other project,” huh? The next time someone makes that ridiculous claim they should be banned on the spot for blatant trolling.

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

I have no faith in Anet’s ability to create “epic” encounters. Remember the last time you ran Ascalon Catacombs, after they made the bosses more “interesting”? What about Orr? We all love Lyssa, and her one shot champion illusion. Or Grenth, and that nearly impossible quest to keep an NPC that won’t move from his spot, alive. EPIC! For me, epic means “harder, and less worth doing”. Look at all the people complaining about Jormag’s “bug”.

Posted by: Aigisthos.3059

Aigisthos.3059

This wasn’t the Late July video/post (though you may already know that).

Indeed, the Gw2 in the second half of 2013 blog post is coming later this month, we’re focusing specifically today on summarizing what living world teams will be building in the future based on the feedback we’ve received so far, as well as announcing releases every 2 weeks going forward.

(And to the person who asked, fear not! The next blog post talks about rewards like crazy.)

Colin, any chance we can get an update on the status of the Mac beta client in the second half of 2013 blog post?

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

What about WvW? For many players it wasn’t the LS that brought them to this game, pve is just pve-click F, kill this, collect this…it’s nice and all but what about WvW?

I know it’s broken atm, but it would be nice to hear some serious updates about it.
1. Blob Zerg’n
2. Rewards (drops, armor, weapons)
3. Making it so you can actually see many players on the screen, and if not possible revamping the system so it actually works the way you guys/gals intended.

So many players left because of how WvW has turned out, it’s to bad too it has some great potential, I think.

JQ Druid

Posted by: Lymain.6723

Lymain.6723

Hmmm,….I’m wondering if at all you’ve done the F&F Molten Weapons Facility, or the recent (and still open) Aetherblade Retreat? Because both were difficult and rewarding. AR is very, very difficult, and the rewards are at least 1 rare at the end, 1 gold, possibility of the Monocle (I so want!), and whatever the mid-boss drops. I’ve also received 3x Jade Weapon Tickets from all the coffers that have dropped for me in there (2 on one run!).

No, I haven’t done those. As I said, I have a hard time getting into these events. When I have forced myself into it (Wintersday, Southsun), I haven’t been impressed with the dungeons at all. Maybe I’ll give Aetherblade Retreat a try.

[AS] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

I am cautiously optimistic about these new updates. Rotating teams sounds like a great strategy to employ that won’t burn out your employees too quickly. (I hope!)

However what I’d really like to see, and I don’t think I’m alone in saying this, is content relevant to the Elder Dragons which is what really sold most people on this game prior to release from a PvE perspective.

I do enjoy the new updates overall, new content to explore and new achievements are great but what happened to the original lore? The very heart of this game, the spiritual core and it’s key identity that set it apart from your competitors in the genre is your lore. Sky Pirates are great, but generally pretty generic, steam punk themed baddies.

The Molten Alliance was a better concept to me because it employed previously existing factions and races.

What about an update relevant to the long lost Dwarves? Or the Tengu which is a favorite for new and old fans alike? What about the Human Gods? Who are they really? The Arah explorable instance provides some tantalizing information regarding past events and is a great start, but will we ever be a continuation for this?
What about the world of the Quaggan, Krait and Deep Sea Dragon? What about the mysterious Largos? Though they are technically new additions to the lore, they were part of the personal storyline and seemed to be fairly significant on their own.

I like the pirate update insofar as it is related to Cobiah, the book, and the founding of the new city of Lion’s arch. And new innovations to the GW universe are just fine, but I hope Anet doesn’t forget to take a look back at the multitudes of potential content ideas that could stem from the original lore alone.

The Tengu territory, being situated in the middle of the map seems like a logical place to start, though I have a feeling it’ll be a long, long time before we hear anything about them.

Generally though new content is exciting to see. I liked the comments Anet has made regarding their Dynamic Event chain system, though far from perfect, has certainly been innovative and fun for the most part.

I’ll be looking forward to updates on guild halls and home instances too, though it may be relatively minor in comparison to all the other things they are working on at the moment.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

What’s wrong with then focusing on living world content every 2 weeks?! It’s not like they are forgetting about the rest of the content that gw2 has.

They even talked about incorporating living world into current dungeons if I’m not mistaken, and I think that’s one way of changing the current dungeons as it is. Hopefully boss mechanics will change with them too.

What it is, is that you guys want everything to happen so kitten fast, and it just doesn’t work that way.

Actually, they have. Same heart tasks and DEs. Same world bosses. zzzz.

Posted by: dgenxp.4983

dgenxp.4983

Trying to do updates every two weeks means the quality control is going to suffer big-time. This game already has a ton of bugs. Updating so often will just make the situation worse.

Well this is not entirely true in affect the updates will take approximately 6 weeks to complete as there are 4 teams on it in revolving cycles so they have 6 weeks to build and polish, I do understand your concern and it may take initially 6 weeks for anet to get it right.

as I said previously this was a big thing for me as my original thought was two weeks = rushed content but the extra teams made me feel a sense of relief even excitement for the future.

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

I’m concerned with the biweekly updates. I would rather quality than quantity, and so far the monthly updates haven’t been really that good; a more frequent release cycle could only make the content updates even worse, which would be really bad.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Overall it’s a good news, potentially great, depends on the content. However i hope that this won’t hurt their work on a base/core of this game, because frankly some parts of the game haven’t seen any improvements for a very long time now (dungeons/meta events/world itself/fotm), i hope they’re not stretching out their resources too thin. And another thing is that i really hope we’re not getting this instead of a full expansion. Because what was introduced through Living Story so far can’t even come close to what Factions, for example, introduced to original GW, light years away. So here i’am… hoping. Yet again, silly me. xP

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

ugh.. So the July 2nd blog post was to tell us there will be a late July blog post that we actually wanted to read about..

we’ll be a month into the 2nd half by then.

Posted by: Imbune.5497

Imbune.5497

I’m still surprised at this goal…I mean 2 weeks? Holy crap…I have no idea how they can find the time let alone funds and personnel to release content every two weeks…maybe it’s only for July or something (that I can understand). Like most people I’m interested in the achievement point system and improvements to the home instance while still fiddling around with the recent trait/skill overhaul.

Also wooooooohoooooo for minigames! Now if we could get a moa racing ala chocobo racing in ff7…

When free speech ends, tyranny begins.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I wouldn’t mind a “raid” in the sense of a 15-man super-dungeon with cool skin rewards.

However, I get the feeling “raids” people keep talking about on the forums are synonymous with gear-ladders.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Two weeks! so even less Content then.. Players are leaving in droves over this living story because they no longer have anything to play, these additions are done in a day or less and many aren’t worth doing at all. a backpeice or minipet really? sad how this game has become…

Also its tedious to go through jump puzzles for random caches that drop useless blues and then stand there every 4 mins to kill 250 mobs…and with a nice dose of RNG thrown in..

I honestly think this game is being mismanaged..

I am very very very curious about what is in store for rewards since reward is the engine of this game it seems. Id like more reward for exploration, finding hidden caves, waterfalls, chests, etc.

Achievement rewards going into the game next week on the July 9th patch. But…. there are many explorable rewards in the game currently. These are not only the jumping puzzle chests, but also the mini-dungeon chests too. Even without those, in random places in tents, up in bandit tree-forts, down in skritt tunnels (not Skrittsburg), and other places in the game I’ve found many chests and loot caches. I’ve even found some random mobs that ask me to save them and they become a unique vendor afterwards, or to fight them and they give me a cool prize….the whole game already has those exploration rewards right now. There’s no arrow to follow, just need two legs and the ability to move.

On Topic:
Nice blog post. I absolutely loved the following piece:

When we decided to make Guild Wars 2, we wanted to make something unique and different; we didn’t want to make the same MMO you’ve been playing for all these years. As a live game, we want to continue to build on that goal, to take the core concepts that inspired GW2 from the start and see if we can push the boundaries and explore even further what they can mean in the MMO space.

Awesome well they can continue to make their temporary stuff with very little substance and players will continue to move on and play stuff in others where they add stuff they do want..

(edited by Dante.1508)

Mirta.5029

Two weeks! so even less Content then.. Players are leaving in droves over this living story because they no longer have anything to play, these additions are done in a day or less and many aren’t worth doing at all.

I can see how all of them are leaving the game so much that Anet can even expand and hire even more people…