The New Dailies -- Feedback welcome

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kylwilson.9137

kylwilson.9137

The age old ‘If it ain’t broke don’t fix it’ seems to be entirely lost on this development team. It’s truly maddening.

\o/

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Dittos on that! No Laurels on the regular Dallies, I could see this coming long ago with Anet shoving PVP down our throats. Now I see this huge prize being offered, how can the average player who might like PVP even compete for it, the winners are always the guys who practice 10-18 hours a day, evidently they don’t have a job or school . What Anet should do is like they promised in the beginning is pony up the Guild Halls, give us back our Capes, expand the PVE, open maps. After over 3800 hours of play and 8 level 80 toons I played my first PVP today, immediately got clobbered by 4 players, so much for that crap. WvW isn’t bad as long as you have a leader who knows what he’s doing, otherwise forget it. Right now I feel GW2 just plain sucks!

Ahhh…I remember you from GW1, polish up a few things and add an expansion to GW1 and I’d be back there in a heartbeat, loved that game. Can’t help but feel there are some inter-office politics going on in GW2 with PVP being crammed at us little by little, especially when you see that drip telling us what marvelous things they’re doing for us in WvW and PvP all the time, the Wintersday thing SUCKS! The best thing you guys did was give us Scarlet, now that was exciting and fun. Hurry up and get LA repaired, many of us miss that old haunt. Too bad there isn’t some qualification required for Commanders in WvW as far as competency, whats bad is you get some clown that tags up with no strategy in mind, as soon as we get bombed by a zerg he disappears.

There must have been personell changes at Anet, who was the BRAINIAC that dreamed up this new Daley Crap??? I tried you Wintersday Horsecrap and it SUCKS, I’d rather be playing Asteroids! Forcing PVP down PVE Players throats is a CROCK too, take your 50G prize and shove it, who’s gonna camp out for 8-16 hours a day to compete with the professionals, certainly not the people like myself who have supported this game as I have spent HUNDREDS here on your JEWELS! AGE=3595HOURS 848DAYS! Your screwing up GW2 just like you screwed up Aion!
Anyone tried the new WOW yet, is it still full of cheesy 8bit toons?

We get it Boomer, you don’t like the changes.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Another point for ANet to consider, the effects of a zerg in a starter zone to newbies trying to level. I’ve seen one thread about how one brand new person was having the events they were trying to do stomped over by hordes of level 80s. It made leveling in that zone difficult as they didn’t have the firepower to tag mobs or the ability to get to events before they finished.

A new person won’t know that it’s just that zone and that moving to another zone might help. In addition, many people when starting out, want to do their racial “home zone” to get the lore behind their race and save the starting areas of other races for when they make a char of that race. They want to play and level, not find the way to LA, run to there, then find out where the portals to other zones are, run to there, find out where the portal to the new zone is, run to there, then finally get to play.

It’s easy for us, with knowledge of the game to say, ask about other zones or ask if this is usual but a new person who knows no one may assume the zerg is standard and may be hesitant to ask questions, particularly if there are people arguing in map chat and being toxic.

The zerg is the starter zones, in my opinion, is absolutely the most glaring fault in the new achievement system. I have no real problem with anything else, but this is terrible for low level characters and new players.

Agreed.

Yeah, I agree with you but it’s not like every event is going to be rampaged by a zerg all the time, right? There are some events that very little players actually zerg on such as that trivia quest in Queensdale for Destiny’s Edge. I didn’t even know that event even existed.

Yeah, don’t get me wrong. I am not saying that every event or anything of the sort, merely that nothing is without flaws and this aspect is one such for the new daily system.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I think the problem is in a LOT of these “I dislike this change”
Is that people are just simply unwilling to try something, and if they do try and at first they don’t succeed. They quit.
People really just don’t try things in this game.

“I went WvW once and died, never doing that again”
“I went Choir Bells once and died, never doing that again” :/

Or, equally possible, is that those people do know what they are avoiding, and it’s because they know it, they avoid it.

I know this might be a novel idea, but the fact that you like some things doesn’t mean they will be equally fun for others. And it’s not a case of “if at first you don’t succeed, try and try again”. It can equally be “Success at this is not what i find enjoyment in”

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Another point for ANet to consider, the effects of a zerg in a starter zone to newbies trying to level. I’ve seen one thread about how one brand new person was having the events they were trying to do stomped over by hordes of level 80s. It made leveling in that zone difficult as they didn’t have the firepower to tag mobs or the ability to get to events before they finished.

A new person won’t know that it’s just that zone and that moving to another zone might help. In addition, many people when starting out, want to do their racial “home zone” to get the lore behind their race and save the starting areas of other races for when they make a char of that race. They want to play and level, not find the way to LA, run to there, then find out where the portals to other zones are, run to there, find out where the portal to the new zone is, run to there, then finally get to play.

It’s easy for us, with knowledge of the game to say, ask about other zones or ask if this is usual but a new person who knows no one may assume the zerg is standard and may be hesitant to ask questions, particularly if there are people arguing in map chat and being toxic.

The zerg is the starter zones, in my opinion, is absolutely the most glaring fault in the new achievement system. I have no real problem with anything else, but this is terrible for low level characters and new players.

Agreed.

Yeah, I agree with you but it’s not like every event is going to be rampaged by a zerg all the time, right? There are some events that very little players actually zerg on such as that trivia quest in Queensdale for Destiny’s Edge. I didn’t even know that event even existed.

Yeah, don’t get me wrong. I am not saying that every event or anything of the sort, merely that nothing is without flaws and this aspect is one such for the new daily system.

Try to think of it from the point of view of a new player. I was in the very first area of Hoelbrak. Even the simple events there were totally unplayable for low levels.

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

For me, it’s like 20 minutes or so out of my regular play style. Since I only play about an hour a day, that’s a large chunk of my time running around a zone I couldn’t care less about. For instance, just had to do 4 events in Fields of Ruin. Don’t need anything there, but at least you had a ton of people running around shouting out events. Then I crafted yet another Elegant Back Pack (had the mats) to do the exotic. Didn’t need it, just did it to get the Daily.

And has anyone noticed that if there is a mining quest there appears to be fewer ore nodes in a zone than usual? Same with the other gathering quests? Maybe I am wrong, but, man, it sure seems so.

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

I like the new system. I don’t need to complete dailies for laurels, and the dailies are purely for AP. I only need to do three instead of five, they don’t take long, and I get a little reward box for each I complete? Sweet. Sure, a little more variety is nice, (maybe make it more flexible and general – kill x amount of enemies instead of one specific champ) but this is good enough for me.

Posted by: Nadesh.7953

Nadesh.7953

I like the change. I like they send us to specific maps to do things. I think there should be dailies that send us to do things on our home region, others that send us to do things for our Faction and for the Pact.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

misterman noticed the same thing I did. Wherever and whatever you have to gather…ANet has cut out A LOT of those nodes.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

I like the changes. The reward chests are a nice addition but aren’t so over the top that you feel like a fool for missing out on one.

Posted by: Dawntree.7246

Dawntree.7246

You can do the 3 PvE in 15 minutes usually. For 10 AP. You have 100% sure chest if you login. How on Earth can this be bad?

Emanuel Dawntree – Nord Guardian of [TasH] – 9×80
Whiteside Ridge

Posted by: MakubeC.3026

MakubeC.3026

Reasons why I don’t like the new dailies:

PvP:

• You can’t complete the PvP ones unless you play with different characters. (I’ve played since pre-release with my Thief. I don’t want to create a Mesmer just to complete dailies.)
    Solution:
  • Bring back ye old PvP dailies (Kill x enemies, Capture x points, Play on X Map, Be Top Player on something, Rez allies, Finish x Enemies).

PvE:

• Lumbering was boring, now you have to do it in specific areas.
  • For PvE, instead of lumbering, make event trackers: Complete 2 events on Ascalon, etc.

WvW:

• The WvW ones are alright, although somewhat too easy.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

omg I just did the daily for the frozen maw and that was sick….
Cant see kitten and everybody spamming their fps…. how is that fun?

welcome to GW2, where spamming skills is considered fighting a battle, where particle effects are all around and well made professions don’t exist.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

This is just getting sad.

“Some people want nothing to do with PvP”

It also makes me wonder how these people ended up in GW2. The game was always heavily marketed for it’s WvW, all over the place. Post-release, it’s sPvP is what receives the most visible dev attention from an outside perspective with lots of streams and blog posts.

How do you end up in GW2 if you got zero interest to at least do the non-PvP elements of WvW? Or rather, how can you expect the game to cater to you if you’re not interested in ~2/3rd of it, at all?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

It also makes me wonder how these people ended up in GW2. The game was always heavily marketed for it’s WvW, all over the place. Post-release, it’s sPvP is what receives the most visible dev attention from an outside perspective with lots of streams and blog posts.

How do you end up in GW2 if you got zero interest to at least do the non-PvP elements of WvW? Or rather, how can you expect the game to cater to you if you’re not interested in ~2/3rd of it, at all?

You’re discounting the possibility that people came to GW2 fully prepared to engage in PvP but ended up not liking the particular way GW2 pulls it off.

Posted by: Blanche Neige.7241

Blanche Neige.7241

I like the fact that I can do as many items as I want and not have to worry about hitting an AP cap.

There is an AP cap, and you’ll hit it one day, sooner or later.

Posted by: Sytherek.7689

Sytherek.7689

My only problem with the dailies is how uneven the difficulty is, expecilly on the PvE ones.

No, I don’t PvP. I was never good at it before my accident, and I sue as hell suck now with only one hand. My reaction times are too slow. I do some WvW, when the fancy strikes me.

Back to PvE dailies. “Craft an exotic” and “View a vista” are child’s play. “Four events in..” can be a pain. It promotes the annoying zerg mentality, boring play (waiting around or running around), and I like neither. It’s not that it’s all that difficult, but it’s not fun or entertaining.

The variety of dailies is lacking.

Posted by: Arietta The Broken.1875

Arietta The Broken.1875

There is a larger percentage of people IMO that are unwilling to try PvP because they don’t want to get attacked and killed, than there is a percentage of people that just simply CBA to go into WvW to get PvE elements of it for their daily because they dislike the PvP mechanic.

I did 5 daily achievements in 10 minutes and linked it yesterday.

The point is there is no real point in doing the dailies anymore unless you want the achievement points. If you’re that concerned about your achievement points, why are you not going to PvP/WvW anyway to get the achievements there?

You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse.

Posted by: Blanche Neige.7241

Blanche Neige.7241

You do realise that without the army of PvE players, this game would have died 6 months after release?

In fact, the majority of the game’s selling points at release was about PvE gameplay.

Astralporing.1957

It also makes me wonder how these people ended up in GW2.

Because they played in GW1, which has become a primarily PvE game around the time Factions got released. Which (not by accident) was also the time it spiked in popularity. And of course there was always heavy PvE/PvP separation – you were 100% able to play one game mode without ever participating in the other.

The game was always heavily marketed for it’s WvW, all over the place.

Not so heavily. And again, the PvP/PvE separation was always mentioned as an important point.

Post-release, it’s sPvP is what receives the most visible dev attention from an outside perspective with lots of streams and blog posts.

Those are niche. Most of the game sites etc concentrated on PvE, and there was equally strong (well, equally weak) campaign centered on Living Story.

Because both PvP game modes do not make 66% of the game. In fact, i’d say that both of those game modes are not even close to how PvP was in GW1 (a game with a much smaller population). Compared to PvE, they are really small. And for the most time can be easily ignored with no loss whatsoever.
Except now the devs apparently decided that some heavy railroading is required.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The game consists of PvE, WvW, and PvP. There’s absolutely no reason that there needs to be more PvE achievements just because some people have decided upon themselves to refuse to do anything else in the game. It’d be like me complaining because I’ve decided to only do jumping puzzles and refuse to do anything else. I’m making a personal choice to limit what I do and it’s my own fault that that decision is limiting my options. There are 12 daily achievements spread across the game and you only need to complete three. Roughly half can be completed in a matter of minutes.

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

INB4 2 new daily types added (bringing it to 6):

daily XX jp completer (EX, complete Spekks Lab)
daily XX killer (EX, kill 3 giants)

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

Posted by: KurisuX.7340

KurisuX.7340

Ugh, okay I’m so sick of hearing beat downs on PVE players for wanting more to do in a game. I’m fine with the new dailies except the options do seem limited in pve on certain days. Like today, Fractals and Exotics. No time for a fractal, no money to level up anything to craft an exotic, and forgive me for not giving a flying flip about either. I see where the rewards are better. But what really bugs me is how everyone seems to be down on PVE players who don’t want to PVP or WvW but actual pve gameplay options. PVP is not an option for some of us. There are those who just don’t do it. ANY reason to not want to stab someone in the back on a regular basis is a valid reason. In my case, I have hyperthyroidism. My heart can’t handle the adrenaline rushes for things like pvp in any game, period (if you don’t have a health condition, count your blessings because you most likely will one day) so I’m stuck doing pve things, jumping puzzles, Hunting, Gathering, is what I love to do to kill time.

I have done the PVP thing in other games, and can occasionally handle small doses of it but generally, it stresses me out. I don’t feel like getting involved with players who take gaming so seriously they lose all sense of compassion for their fellow gamers. I don’t appreciate being looked down upon because I don’t enjoy stabbing others in the back daily.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

The game consists of PvE, WvW, and PvP. There’s absolutely no reason that there needs to be more PvE achievements just because some people have decided upon themselves to refuse to do anything else in the game. It’d be like me complaining because I’ve decided to only do jumping puzzles and refuse to do anything else. I’m making a personal choice to limit what I do and it’s my own fault that that decision is limiting my options. There are 12 daily achievements spread across the game and you only need to complete three. Roughly half can be completed in a matter of minutes.

so if you’re a christian you should not get anything for christmas because that’s what you deserve……great way to make friends…..
i can’t stand PvP, it’s not a matter of choice but a matter of restrictions, if i choose to play PvP it’s 100% that i am gonna start hating the game.

they say that you should only play what you like, if the options of what i like is restricted then who are you to say i can’t complain about it….

Ayrilana.1396

so if you’re a christian you should not get anything for christmas because that’s what you deserve……great way to make friends…..
i can’t stand PvP, it’s not a matter of choice but a matter of restrictions, if i choose to play PvP it’s 100% that i am gonna start hating the game.

they say that you should only play what you like, if the options of what i like is restricted then who are you to say i can’t complain about it….

Wrong analogy as it makes no sense. You’d have to elaborate more if you’re ttyibg to use it.

Choosing to ignore achievements is no different than me choosing to ignore dungeon ones or reviving NPC’s. I’m making the personal choice to ignore them and limit my options. You’re more than welcome to complain but the limiting of achievements isn’t Anet’s fault as there are still 12 achievements and you only need to do 3 of them.

Posted by: Mufasa.8415

Mufasa.8415

When it comes to resource gathering I think it is too specific. it requires you to nearly cover an entire zone to find all the mats required. I didn’t think it was bad until I actually went out to complete it. I ended up having to check two zones just to gather ten logs. Maybe if was just logger or miner in general without sticking it to a single region would work better because then at least we’re not stuck to a specific area and we can work on while working on our own actual progression as well rather than being somewhere where we have no other business than to hunt for trees / ore. Or the flip side of that keeping it stuck to the region but allowing it to count for mining/foraging and logging. that still get’s us to travel to zones we might not otherwise go to which I don’t have a problem with.

I also think the single zone event completer is terrible. It took over an hour to complete 4 events because every time I found one by the time i got to it it was over; I don’t know how many times I had finally arrived and it just finished. I was trying to get an old player back into the game while doing these too and he just logged before we could even finish one because we weren’t accomplishing anything besides wasting time.
I think having the region event completer is good but narrowing it down to a single zone in my opinion is not.

Drunken Mufasa
The Stonemouth Keep
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I think for me it boils down to that before this change, I would do one daily and get 1 AP, etc. Now, I MUST do 3 things (usually 1 of which is a ROYAL pain in the kitten) to get ALL the AP. I don’t really care if I get 10 AP, but I would like some. I have no choice now. I HAVE NO CHOICE. Every time now I’m stuck in a map I don’t want to be I make sure to make a comment to ANet in map chat about how much I do not enjoy this new system. Sure hope the new players are listening.

Anyway, as for today, I went to whatever place to do the 4 events. I notice now people won’t even call out events. WHY? Because, if you do, 200 people swarm it and it’s over in 3 seconds. So ya, now you have to PROTECT whatever event you stumble on because it’s INSANE.

GG Anet. GG. Do you EVER think this stuff through?? Ever??

Edit: Just to be not a total kitten complaint, how about you get 2 AP for doing 1 daily, 5 for 2, and then 10 for all 3? That would probably help from this all or nothing nonsense.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

(edited by ozmaniandevil.6805)

Posted by: Lazuli.2098

Lazuli.2098

…You’re more than welcome to complain but the limiting of achievements isn’t Anet’s fault as there are still 12 achievements and you only need to do 3 of them.

Actually it is Anet’s fault. They are the ones that made the change to a perfectly functioning dailies/monthlies system for no apparent reason except to force pvp/wvw down players’ throats and/or to generate more revenue through WP usage.

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Personally wanted to give the new daily system some time in order to make sure the first reactions to it were not just because it was new. Also wanted to get some feedback from other guildies that do not post on the forums in order to give a more informed feedback post on it.

The overall reaction to changes in the AP are fair. People liked that if you wanted to do more you could and if you didn’t that was fine as well. People were of a mixed bag whether or not they were going out of their way to do the extras.

The new changes in the associated rewards to actions seem to be favorable. The fact that you receive merits in line with the achievements seem to be well received.

The reaction on the dailies being more refined in nature is less of a boon and more of a burden. The reaction is that people felt they could just play the game before and still do the dailies as they went. The new change is feeling more like people have to go out of their way to do things. This ties into the next point as well and then I will go into more detail.

The aspect that some dailies are so specific in nature has not been well received. Example, the fact that the daily PvP typically requires certain classes has created annoyance versus fun. Same in PvE where they are tied to certain bosses with timers has also not been well received. People know that they can skip these but the limited choices makes these events stand out further.

Now a big part of this is the lack of choice. Yes you only need 3 and its easy to hit those. The issue isn’t completing the daily, its incentive to do a bit ore. Talking with others if the system contained both the specific and more general options under the various game types the system would have been more welcome even if the reward levels for the general option were of a less value then the ones in the more specific category.

People will typically error on the side of choice. Play the game as you want is a strong business goal that should not be abandoned.

I understand that some older achievement hunters felt the need to go for all the options and they complained that they felt the need to hit them all and it was taking too much time. But over simplifying the system too far is also not the way to go.

Anyway, wanted to leave some feedback on the changes. Good gaming to you.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Anyway, as for today, I went to whatever place to do the 4 events. I notice now people won’t even call out events. WHY? Because, if you do, 200 people swarm it and it’s over in 3 seconds. So ya, now you have to PROTECT whatever event you stumble on because it’s INSANE.

This is why we can’t have nice things. And I don’t mean ANet, I mean the players.

See, in most places? There’s enough events to go around for people to split up and just do them and call out only major ones. But there’s this mentality baked into the populace now to swarm, zerg, and overrun events to get them done faster. Which means this starts happening . . .

This is almost as bad as when called camps was a thing in MMOs.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Ayrilana.1396

…You’re more than welcome to complain but the limiting of achievements isn’t Anet’s fault as there are still 12 achievements and you only need to do 3 of them.

Actually it is Anet’s fault. They are the ones that made the change to a perfectly functioning dailies/monthlies system for no apparent reason except to force pvp/wvw down players’ throats and/or to generate more revenue through WP usage.

What some players want are daily achievements which fit precisely with their individual styles of play where they don’t really have to make any effort to achieve them. That’s what the login rewards do. The only thing from the old system that doing the new dailies provided is the AP which you can now do just three of the twelve achievements and you get 10 AP. They’re not forcing you to do PvP or WvW as there are four achievements in a specific game mode if a players chooses to limit themselves by choosing to only play that game mode.

Posted by: Sinope.5630

Sinope.5630

misterman noticed the same thing I did. Wherever and whatever you have to gather…ANet has cut out A LOT of those nodes.

This is not so huge problem, if you do have those harvesting nodes in your home instance.

When there is harvesting dailies in specific areas, I do them like this:

• Ascalon = Charr home instance
  • Kryta = Human Home Instance
  • Shiverpeaks = Norn Home Instance
  • Maguma = Asuran / Sylvari Home instance

But yes, if you don’t have those nodes in your home instances, then it is problem. You really need to run whole map to find best place to harvest those specific nodes.

Posted by: Code.8615

Code.8615

This is why we can’t have nice things. And I don’t mean ANet, I mean the players.

See, in most places? There’s enough events to go around for people to split up and just do them and call out only major ones. But there’s this mentality baked into the populace now to swarm, zerg, and overrun events to get them done faster. Which means this starts happening . . .

Yeah, this is actually my biggest issues with the changes.
(that and the specific boss fights. I can’t structure my time around a game)
The way it’s set up now makes it that half the server is on the same map, rushing around, leaving very little time to actually be able to do anything.
At the very least, they could’ve made the event dailies a bit less specified to one map section.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Yeah, this is actually my biggest issues with the changes.
(that and the specific boss fights. I can’t structure my time around a game)
The way it’s set up now makes it that half the server is on the same map, rushing around, leaving very little time to actually be able to do anything.
At the very least, they could’ve made the event dailies a bit less specified to one map section.

The thing is, I know the maps so when I see a specific area, I either know to write it off or if there’s enough smaller events I can just pick up wandering.

And even the bad ones for Events are sort of okay. Southsun Cove is easy to get done . . . if it’s setting up for Karka Queen. Bloodtide isn’t bad since there’s at least three hubs where there’s usually events recycling quickly.

The Gathering ones are better for you to go to the areas adjacent to the starting zone due to the decrease in density of nodes in them post-NPE. Seriously, I can run around Gendarran and get more nodes than I care to actually visit rather quickly. Ditto for Diessa Plateau . . .

I’d prefer if the World Boss one was not specific at all and just “do a world boss”. Hey, look, we fixed most of the problem with having to worry about a specific timer, like Claw of Jormag which recycles something like every 3 hours. Or Frozen Maw, which can be nailed down so fast in peak-time you can use it to time your soft-boiled eggs.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Arietta The Broken.1875

Arietta The Broken.1875

Am I the only person that hasn’t had any trouble with finding nodes lol..
It was ascalon lumberer so I thought, okay where are some woods in ascalon. Went to that Waypoint.. found 4 nodes and was done. Tried again on 4 other accounts in 4 separate locations and was done within 5 minutes on each.

You all complain that you don’t want to revisit these maps you completed 2 years ago to get a vista in the shiverpeaks, yet when asked to go cut some trees down/gather some ore/or get some plants you’re all like AMG I HAVE TO TRAVEL ACROSS A WHOLE MAP CUZ I CANT WORK OUT WHERE NODES ARE!!!!!!! Maybe it’s a good thing you’re being “forced” back into these areas if you can’t remember where things are.

Im still a bit lost as to why people feel they are being FORCED into PvP. If you want the achievement points, go and get them if you don’t, dont. The only really good reward from dailies so far has been Tome of Knowledge from Keep flips in WvW/EoTM and Pristine Relics from FoTm. I don’t think anyone is out of the realms of doing these within 1-2 hours. Especially since Everyone else is also trying to get them so you’ll be in company every single day.

You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse.

Posted by: Castrin.8972

Castrin.8972

Why the hell is this thread even still going? Stop complaining about something so minimal, get this thread off the mainstream! >;/

Death by a thousand cuts. Many of us see it as part of a larger problem, and its the principle of the matter that bothers us.

And many people are just complaining because they dont understand the new system.

And many more people like the changes, or if they dont like them they still dont see this as anything close to the “larger problem”.

Youre entitled to your opinion but dont assume everyone else agrees and that the game should be molded around that.

Filling the forum with 1000 post whine threads whenever anything changes isnt a good thing for getting devs to pay more attention to community feedback.

I hate to take the cheap shot but…

These threads would not exist if the Devs actually paid any attention at all to community feedback.

Wasn’t this change due to so many complaining that dailies were too generic and unfocused? Seems like they do listen to those that whine enough.

You reap what you sow.

Peace.

Grandmaster
Order of the Empyrean Shield [OES]

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

When it comes to resource gathering I think it is too specific. it requires you to nearly cover an entire zone to find all the mats required. I didn’t think it was bad until I actually went out to complete it. I ended up having to check two zones just to gather ten logs. Maybe if was just logger or miner in general without sticking it to a single region would work better because then at least we’re not stuck to a specific area and we can work on while working on our own actual progression as well rather than being somewhere where we have no other business than to hunt for trees / ore. Or the flip side of that keeping it stuck to the region but allowing it to count for mining/foraging and logging. that still get’s us to travel to zones we might not otherwise go to which I don’t have a problem with.

I also think the single zone event completer is terrible. It took over an hour to complete 4 events because every time I found one by the time i got to it it was over; I don’t know how many times I had finally arrived and it just finished. I was trying to get an old player back into the game while doing these too and he just logged before we could even finish one because we weren’t accomplishing anything besides wasting time.
I think having the region event completer is good but narrowing it down to a single zone in my opinion is not.

I don’t mind the resource gathering because if you have the mining nodes in the daily home instance, those count for most the achieve. Anything that uses the mining pick seems to count. I mined crystals in the daily home instance and got credit along with the ore nodes. I did not try the candy corn note or the blade shard node but would assume those count as well. The plant nodes will count towards the plant achieve. I don’t have any lumber nodes but having one of those would certainly help. Even if they don’t finish a daily it takes no time to get the rest. Just pop out the nearest waypoint and the rest is usually well within reach.

I agree on the single zone event completion. It turns into a cast of thousands looking for events and finding something (unless it happens to be a frequently recurring event) can be difficult and be over before you get there. I got lucky on the Field of Ruins because I know the Ogre events spawn pretty quickly and often and is a good run to complete and, yes, it was jam packed seconds after the new daily popped up. A region event completer would be much better I think. I was even looking at the zone in the Wiki to see all the various events and try to find one that was maybe obscure enough that I could get to soon enough to do or one that I knew would repeat quickly enough that it was worth waiting around for a little bit. But that seems like a lot of trouble to have to go to just to find a danged event.

After nearly a week of the new dailies I have mixed feelings. Before I looked a the items on the list and did what I wanted more leisurely – I actually spent more time in-game while doing the dailies and other things I was interested in doing were intermixed with that. Now it does feel like a mad rush at least where the events are concerned just to get them done and out of the way. I do like the points we are getting for completing the daily and the chests are often applicable to what you are doing i.e. chest of plants for gathering plants, ore for gathering ore, wood for gathering wood – I did think those were creative rewards and like that one a lot.

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

You can do the 3 PvE in 15 minutes usually. For 10 AP. You have 100% sure chest if you login. How on Earth can this be bad?

That is not true! I never did Fractals (and have no mind to change that) so that is no option. Champions: What map and when do they spawn? Clueless. Exotic crafter? Sorry, but I’m not going to spend lots of expensive material for something I don’t need – and takes ages to sell without a loss.

Anyway, after today’s daily I feel a bit lost: again exotic crafter, Fractal and Shiverpeaks miner for pve? I had thought that the whole idea was to force players to see different parts of the game world. Apparently I was wrong. If there is no more to chose from, than why not set back the old pve dailies? Same variety, and everyone satisfied!

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

That is not true! I never did Fractals (and have no mind to change that) so that is no option. Champions: What map and when do they spawn? Clueless. Exotic crafter? Sorry, but I’m not going to spend lots of expensive material for something I don’t need – and takes ages to sell without a loss.

Anyway, after today’s daily I feel a bit lost: again exotic crafter, Fractal and Shiverpeaks miner for pve? I had thought that the whole idea was to force players to see different parts of the game world. Apparently I was wrong. If there is no more to chose from, than why not set back the old pve dailies? Same variety, and everyone satisfied!

Just a comment here to Albadaran about exotic crafter. You can craft one 200 essence of luck and get that daily.

As to the subject of this thread, after a few days of doing the new dailies I like the new rewards but I’m really starting to dislike the zerg while doing the events and the whole thing feels very herky jerky. Wp to this map. Wp to that map. Wp to a 3rd map. Keep an eye on the timer, then when it says so, stop what you’re doing and wp to a 4th map and wait for that boss to show up (if you have the time to do that). It doesn’t flow organically and I’m feeling a lot more sympathy for those who complain that they got the previous daily while out playing what they wanted. In addition, I think that having dailies like dodge and interrupt is useful as a teaching tool as well as allowing dailies that people can get just by playing.

So for PvE.
1) add back the dailies you can get by just playing, dodge, interrupt, rez, etc
2) make the PvE requirements all in the same zone, not map: harvesting, events, visas, etc.
3) make it any world boss, not a specific one. Not everyone has several hours to play.

I think these changes would take care of most of the PvE complaints.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Today’s choices(after reset last night) are a good example of how limited some of the pve choices have become. Players like me, who do all aspects of the game, don’t have much trouble with it……but other players, like my wife, who pretty much do just pve….look at today’s choices and don’t have any options. A couple pve choices, and then the rest are fractals, wvw, or pvp. This creates a definite problem with those pve only players, as it forces them to go outside their comfort zone to complete the daily…..in other words, forcing them to play in a way that they don’t want to.

Anet needs to add another choice or two across the board so that PvE players can still do what they enjoy to complete dailies….rather than limiting the choices so much where they either won’t do the daily, or they’re forced to play part of the game they don’t necessarily enjoy.

My wife was really frustrated with the game last night, and the obvious lack of pve choices in the dailies. I can imagine that other pve only players felt the same way. And since pve is the major thrust of this game, that is annoying the largest player segment of the game. Not very wise, Anet….and I think it needs to be changed a bit to give more choices to pve players.

I also agree with Astral’s post above….some very good points made. I especially like adding back the dodge and interrupt dailies, as they are good training tools for newer players.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

Astralporing.1957

Wasn’t this change due to so many complaining that dailies were too generic and unfocused?

No, the last significant feedback about dailies was the one when players protested about limiting choices (which resulted in adding 2 more achievements, to a total of 12 per day). Guess what, now players are protesting about exactly the same thing they did last time. I’m pretty sure that surprised Anet completely.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

I like the new system for achievement points (though i would prefer the daily meta be hidden, if at all possible)
I dislike the specificity of the new dailies. Intensely.

I’d say that kills, gatherer and events should still be present. Keep the old variants on kills and events, keep the new variant on gatherer. Add in three extra ‘wildcard’ dailies like fractals, crafting, consumable, vista view (DO NOT MAKE THIS ONE ZONE SPECIFIC we’re already likely going out of our way to do it), puzzle jumper… that kind of idea.

REMOVE THE STUPID kitten CLASS SPECIFIC PVP WINS this one does NOT cater to pvpers. not unless you have all classes, and have played them all extensively, which is much more likely for a PVE person. Again, they don’t cater to pvpers.
Replace them with “3/4 matches played” & “2 matches won”

The WvW ones are largely good and it’s nice to have two extra options/get wvw specific rewards for doing the daily this way. These are presently how i most commonly complete my dailies (i’m in t2, though – lower tier wvw experience is probably worse)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Someone else (didn’t get the name) posted this video somewhere so I’m stealing it to post here. I winced when I saw it because it hit a few Guild Wars 2 nerves. (NPE, new dailies, trait system). There’s only so much handholding and directing the way players play before it starts to feel, idk, condescending.

Posted by: Carbon Footprint.3421

Carbon Footprint.3421

I miss Ambient Killer. That was my single most favorite daily.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I felt really really guilty about that one. Who smites bunnies?

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Monty Pyton?

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Update:

I wanted to let you know that I sent a very detailed report of players’ input on this subject to the design team this afternoon. Now, those of you posting 40, 50, or 90 times in the thread were only counted once in my seasonally-appropriate Pumpkin Pie Chart™. But the thoughts posted here (and in a few other threads) — in all their vast variety — are a very welcome part of our forums and we thank you for sharing them.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Monty Pyton?

Well, that rabbit had a vicious streak a mile wide! It was a killer! Honestly, what could one do in that case?

On the other hand, Tyrian bunnies are a lot friendlier, cuter, and cuddlier, which makes taking them out a little guilt-inducing.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

It should have been titled “pest control”

Posted by: Saephaan.7285

Saephaan.7285

I like the new dailies. You guys made an awesome job. they feel more rewarding and actually make me wanna play instead of doing 5 tedious things i hate like on the old system. keep the good work.