The New Dailies -- Feedback welcome

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: KenB.9536

KenB.9536

Some like it some do not. I personally have been playing almost from launch. Since the daily structure changed I have not been inclined to even play again. Count me among the “do not’s”.

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

I’d be happier if they were “A world boss” rather than a specific boss, and “X amount of events or gathering in ONE zone”, rather than in a specific zone.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I’m not crazy about this 3 maximum worth points limit. There’s less reason for me to even bother with the fourth PvE for example.

Leave the requirement at three, but increase the rewards and the thus increase the reason for people to stay logged into the game.

The ‘rewards’ right now are peanuts regardless.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Like the fact that it’s now 3 dailies, the 10 AP you get from them, and the reward chests (both from the dailies and from the daily login). Dislike 2 of the PVE achievements, though, the boss and events ones.

I’d make two changes to it.

first change the world boss one to give a list of 3 different boss options, spread so that they’re at different times. I usually don’t have that much time to play, and if I log at times when the daily event doesn’t happen I’m kittened, can’t complete it.

Second would be the events one, last night I tried to do it, was in 6 events and only got credit for 1 because there were too many people in a single zone trying to do them, they were either complete before I could get there from the nearest waypoint, or just all mobs were dead before I could get a single hit in. Instead of “events in X map” I’d make it “Events in Kryta”, “Events in Ascalon” and so on.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I don’t think the PvE dailies are getting people to do what I believe ANet wants people to do, use the daily as an incentive to go to maps you don’t usually go to and spend time there. When vista is up, instead of doing mapping and getting a vista, people go to the appropriate city and get it. If it’s harvesting, the lucky ones will get what they can from the home instance and get the final node in the nearest map. The rest make a quick run thru the map and leave. Events are racing from one to another to get credit, then leaving once the award dings. I can’t see how this is what ANet wanted. The new daily motivates people to treat it like a list to be checked off. Playing by someone else’s list is not fun. At least with the old system you could just play, for fun, and get some of them done if not all.

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

The monthly awarded achievement points that could be gained on top of completing the daily achievements. Now all we have is a flat 10 points per day and nothing extra.

From what I have seen so far, the daily log in doesn’t reward any achievement points at all, not even from the 28 day reward chest.

Edit: What I’m saying is for the most dedicated players (not me) who completed most or all dailies on top of doing all monthlies had potential to earn more achievement points each month then we do now. With the new system there is no point in doing any more than 3 dailies, unless you actually want all the random garbage from the chests the dailies give you.

Everyone is on equal footing now. Just do the 3 easiest dailies for your achievement points and the most dedicated players have no reason to be dedicated anymore since they won’t really be rewarded extra for it.

There’s something charming about rangers.

(edited by Charrbeque.8729)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I just want to point out to those saying you miss NOTHING but AP if you don’t do the dailies, that you are incorrect. Because, with AP, you get achievement chests, which contain, off and on, unique skins, badges of honor, laurels, account wide boosts to XP, coin, and MF, WvW blueprints, gold, gems, etc. So please, just stop saying people are not losing out on anything if they forego the dailies. They miss out a lot by missing the AP, which is why many are upset that instead of being able to get 5 AP doing what we want, we are “forced” to do things that are tedious/take us out of our preferred play time, in order to get the same rewards we USED TO get. The only thing now is, you could skip every other day and end up at the same place. However, given the amount of casual players here, I’m sure many can understand the problems the new daily system present.

Which means your issue is one of how fast you get those chests. It’s not like there aren’t other sources of AP.

Also because of the cap on AP over the course of time, you’ll stop getting AP from dailies anyway. How much time depends on how fast you do them, but if you’re around for the long haul, it’ll all get unlocked anyway.

Even if you do the daily every other day, you’ll probably get as many points as you used to get doing it every other day.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I don’t think the PvE dailies are getting people to do what I believe ANet wants people to do, use the daily as an incentive to go to maps you don’t usually go to and spend time there. When vista is up, instead of doing mapping and getting a vista, people go to the appropriate city and get it. If it’s harvesting, the lucky ones will get what they can from the home instance and get the final node in the nearest map. The rest make a quick run thru the map and leave. Events are racing from one to another to get credit, then leaving once the award dings. I can’t see how this is what ANet wanted. The new daily motivates people to treat it like a list to be checked off. Playing by someone else’s list is not fun. At least with the old system you could just play, for fun, and get some of them done if not all.

This isn’t that different from how people did the old system, aside from complaining about how it was forced due to needing to have them to get their Laurels and AP. Now the only legitimate complaint about having something held away and needing to do the dailies . . . is for AP.

Also of note, some people have posted in this thread or others about how they did treat the Daily list as a list of things to get done.. (Myself, I used/use it sometimes as a guideline for ‘what do I want to do today’) . . .

This leads me to the conclusion the Dailies never worked as people seem to think they were supposed to, short of one particular way – getting people to at least log in daily even if it’s to look at the list and nope away from them.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Astral Projections.7320

This isn’t that different from how people did the old system, aside from complaining about how it was forced due to needing to have them to get their Laurels and AP. Now the only legitimate complaint about having something held away and needing to do the dailies . . . is for AP.

Also of note, some people have posted in this thread or others about how they did treat the Daily list as a list of things to get done.. (Myself, I used/use it sometimes as a guideline for ‘what do I want to do today’) . . .

This leads me to the conclusion the Dailies never worked as people seem to think they were supposed to, short of one particular way – getting people to at least log in daily even if it’s to look at the list and nope away from them.

I used to be able to make my own decisions how to fit the daily into my routine. Go to Silverwastes and get events, dodge, harvest for example while grinding for badges. Or maybe hit the champs in Frostgorge for events while getting rez and dodge in that map or perhaps I’ll wander by Orr today and get my dailies while I play there.

It’s kind of a subtle point maybe but instead of being told what I can do to get rewarded, I’m told what and where. Being able to play as you want where you want and get rewarded is better than being told where to play to get rewarded.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Vayne.8563

I used to be able to make my own decisions how to fit the daily into my routine. Go to Silverwastes and get events, dodge, harvest for example while grinding for badges. Or maybe hit the champs in Frostgorge for events while getting rez and dodge in that map or perhaps I’ll wander by Orr today and get my dailies while I play there.

It’s kind of a subtle point maybe but instead of being told what I can do to get rewarded, I’m told what and where. Being able to play as you want where you want and get rewarded is better than being told where to play to get rewarded.

This is completely valid and it’s true as long as your goal was just the daily.

If your goal was 10 points (like you get today) then it’s no longer true, since in the old dailies to get those 10 points I’d have to go further out of my way and take much longer.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Rewards consistent with what I did to get them. Especially pvp and wvw exp.
Encouraged not forced me to give pvp a shot again, and to visit wvw more often.
Ability to pass exp to alts.
More laurels, which I wanted more of badly.
Most days they are quite simple to accomplish.

Dislikes

The zerg mobbing events before being able to get there. The negative reactions caused by this are not a good thing, and need to be looked at, which I am sure they will.

Astral Projections.7320

This is completely valid and it’s true as long as your goal was just the daily.

If your goal was 10 points (like you get today) then it’s no longer true, since in the old dailies to get those 10 points I’d have to go further out of my way and take much longer.

10 points, 8 points, 6 points. Meh, who cares. The old system, I looked at the list, picked out 5 then maybe 2 or 3 more if they interested me. Then I decided where I wanted to play and how I wanted to fit them into my routine. I always tried to do the minimum to get the daily but I might or might not do more.

I don’t hate the new dailies. I just find them unnecessarily restrictive and because of the restrictions I find them more boring.

Posted by: Galk the Bloody.4629

Galk the Bloody.4629

I’ve play GW2 since the 2nd press beta when 10,000 lucky people where allowed to play. I’ve had my ups and downs with the game. Namely when my small guild of in game friends died because of guild missions. Then when they ‘improved’ the trait system making me dislike leveling alts, now this. This is it for me. Before the change i played pve or fun and would get my daily done where i was having fun. They’ve taken that away. I’ve left my guild because I’ve had nothing good to say about the game anymore and didn’t want to fill guild chat with my anger.
I have spent nearly 2000$ on GW2 over the last 2 years, i had the money and i like shinny armor/weapon skins. Never minded since the money was going to Anet to make game better, or so I thought. I feel cheated. Like i was giving them money all this time to make me hate the game i used to love.

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

I’m told what and where. Being able to play as you want where you want and get rewarded is better than being told where to play to get rewarded.

Unfortunately the development team has disagreed with this sentiment for a very long time. Going back as far as requiring WvW mapping as part of the 100% map completion so you can earn an ingredient to make a weapon with zero effectiveness in WvW and as recently as requiring many of us who despise running fractals to run them if we wanted Mawdry this game has had an ongoing righteousness about telling players they cannot play where and when they want.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

I’m told what and where. Being able to play as you want where you want and get rewarded is better than being told where to play to get rewarded.

Unfortunately the development team has disagreed with this sentiment for a very long time. Going back as far as requiring WvW mapping as part of the 100% map completion so you can earn an ingredient to make a weapon with zero effectiveness in WvW and as recently as requiring many of us who despise running fractals to run them if we wanted Mawdry this game has had an ongoing righteousness about telling players they cannot play where and when they want.

If you want the reward you do what it takes to get that reward. I missed the window that said nope you can’t play here, or here…

(edited by CMM.6712)

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I get it, which is why I don’t really break my back if I don’t like the looks of the dailies. It’s only AP and I can earn it some other way – it eventually caps after all, so after it does . . . I don’t get anything from doing them.

So I don’t fret.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Astral Projections.7320

I get it, which is why I don’t really break my back if I don’t like the looks of the dailies. It’s only AP and I can earn it some other way – it eventually caps after all, so after it does . . . I don’t get anything from doing them.

So I don’t fret.

Well, for me it’s not the AP so much, though its nice. It’s the laurels which I badly need to finish gearing my chars. As soon as I get 5 together, they’re gone. With the new dailies I can use the tomes and writs on my key runner, saving me time and gold to level it. Or I can put them aside in case there is a new profession and I want to level fast. The gem store items are useful. I do like the rewards for PvP and WvW, though I find that area of the game not as fun.

All in all, the rewards for doing them are good. I just would prefer that the PvE dailies which are my “bread and butter” dailies for getting rewarded hadn’t been changed to a more restrictive and less fun version.

Posted by: megakittytron.5971

megakittytron.5971

My feedback on new dailies: PVE dailies need more variety. The end.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Unfortunately the development team has disagreed with this sentiment for a very long time. Going back as far as requiring WvW mapping as part of the 100% map completion so you can earn an ingredient to make a weapon with zero effectiveness in WvW and as recently as requiring many of us who despise running fractals to run them if we wanted Mawdry this game has had an ongoing righteousness about telling players they cannot play where and when they want

and get certain things.

The game is not telling you where to play, it’s telling you where to play to get X.

While this was less true of the old dailies, it has always been true in this and other MMO’s for most things.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

So I don’t fret.

Well, for me it’s not the AP so much, though its nice. It’s the laurels which I badly need to finish gearing my chars. As soon as I get 5 together, they’re gone. With the new dailies I can use the tomes and writs on my key runner, saving me time and gold to level it. Or I can put them aside in case there is a new profession and I want to level fast. The gem store items are useful. I do like the rewards for PvP and WvW, though I find that area of the game not as fun.

All in all, the rewards for doing them are good. I just would prefer that the PvE dailies which are my “bread and butter” dailies for getting rewarded hadn’t been changed to a more restrictive and less fun version.

Well, the Laurels are no longer on the dailies . . . just the logins. And you can even log into a character and walk away before bed (as I did one time, by basically passing out at the desk) and still get it for that day.

Anyway, yeah, the Dailies no longer have Laurels. No need to worry about how bad they are

Astral Projections.7320

So I don’t fret.

Well, the Laurels are no longer on the dailies . . . just the logins. And you can even log into a character and walk away before bed (as I did one time, by basically passing out at the desk) and still get it for that day.

Anyway, yeah, the Dailies no longer have Laurels. No need to worry about how bad they are

That’s true, I forgot. I still have use for the other rewards though. The writs/tomes, the WvW exp, the extra PvP points. Enough that I’ve been doing more than the minimum 3.

Posted by: Miss Pink Floyd.9730

Miss Pink Floyd.9730

I am PVE only, NOTHING will get me into PVP, it just does not have any interest to me, never has, never will. So I guess I will never get the daily again. This was not a good idea at all.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

That’s true, I forgot. I still have use for the other rewards though. The writs/tomes, the WvW exp, the extra PvP points. Enough that I’ve been doing more than the minimum 3.

I find the extra rewards which are from the gathering ones more useful. Low-level materials are always useful to me

Posted by: ViperionNZ.2509

ViperionNZ.2509

I ran into the same issue a lot of players here have detailed; I spent ages trying to complete four events in Lornar’s Pass because they were all getting rushed and completed before I could get there. It’s a really un-fun experience and I don’t think I’ll be doing that any time soon.

Just adding my voice to the throng

Posted by: metaldude.4132

metaldude.4132

I started yesterday and came to level 10..If I would go to the locations where the dailies can be achieved (either pve/wvw/pvp) I would die just by breathing the wrong way…XD
Ah well..it is a game..not a goal in life :P

Ahh, I remember back when I was that level on my first character…soo many eons ago!

At that young ripe level you should only need one daily requirement done to finish your daily if I remember correctly. So just do one of the easier ones like a gathering or vista. Find Lions Arch and you can portal to any major city and walk to it’s corresponding lowbie zone.

You also get upleveled for WvW/PvP and in WvW if you can find your servers zerg you can be protected some.

Join a guild or make friends and they can assist you! Good luck and welcome to GW2:-)

Tnx mate

Sharpen your justice. Dust off resolve. Brace your courage. The Guardian dragonhunter approaches.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I am PVE only, NOTHING will get me into PVP, it just does not have any interest to me, never has, never will. So I guess I will never get the daily again. This was not a good idea at all.

So, it is not a good idea because you for some arbitrary reason refuse to play the whole game?

Should they really develop the game around people that refuses to do something that is not a specific part of the game?

What about people that only want to do Fractals? Should they develop around those as well? Or people that only want to WvW? Or PvP for that matter?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Vayne.8563

Almost every day I get the daily PvE only so I really have no clue what you’re talking about.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Interestingly, I’ve been doing pvp dailies. Before this, I’d never touch them, but it does seem pretty amusing and it encourages me to try out different classes.

On the other hand, I’m generally getting only 1-2 of the pve dailies on average.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: HtFde.3856

HtFde.3856

You are aware, though, that most WvW dailies actually are PvE? Killing a guard … that’s an NPC, capturing a ruin – that one’s even completely without fighting, capturing a camp – if you use your own northern camp (should it belong to the enemy) is again a PvE fight.

Yes, you run into danger of encountering enemy players … but with those 3 dailies, especially in your own homelands, the danger is pretty small and there’s always ALT+F4 if you run into them …

PMI – Dzagonur Rallybot :)

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

so my level 21 can both beat a champion in lvl kitten areas and go to a vista/harvest in orr?
or what about the 2X fractures, good luck doing that with a lvl 21…..

Possible not (except with Fractals, seeing as those upscale you, so technically you can do it at lvl 2).

But that doesn’t mean you can’t do it.
Both WvW and PvP is fully possible, and level matter rather little (not at all in PvP) in there.

i don’t play PvP, regardless of form.
it’s PvE or nothing, still enough options?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Should they really build the game around people that for some arbitrary reason decide to not play the full game?

Going by that logic they should allow people to finish the daily by just sitting around in the home instance.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

But there are 4 PvE options every day, you need to complete 3. I mean, if you PvE as much as you imply, then gathering X type of material, viewing a Vista, completing 4 events, participating in an activity (which you can technically afk through), killing a world boss, or doing a 1 fractal should be right up your alley?

Why do you think you have to do PvP/WvW to get your daily?

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

But there are 4 PvE options every day, you need to complete 3. I mean, if you PvE as much as you imply, then gathering X type of material, viewing a Vista, completing 4 events, participating in an activity (which you can technically afk through), killing a world boss, or doing a 1 fractal should be right up your alley?

Why do you think you have to do PvP/WvW to get your daily?

Let’s see… people who don’t dungeon (so, fractals are out and a double fractal task day is right out). People who like playing their characters with their own skill bar (i.e., no “Activities”). People who find crafting boring. Those options all appeared in the old dailies, but all they meant on all but the worst of days was choosy players got 1 or 2 less AP. Now, due to the “all or nothing” aspect of the AP reward, doing a partial daily is less rewarding.

I don’t find this to be an issue. I make up the difference in WvW. I also find the all-or-nothing aspect of the AP reward to be an advantage on days where I might be short on time. However, I can see where some players would have an issue. Such players have had the ability to get partial AP from dailies for a long time. It’s natural to feel hard done by, and to feel that they are entitled to those AP.

I also believe that the new approach to dailies is more balanced in terms of accommodating the three main “exclusive” demographics (PvE only, WvW only and PvP only) in a way the older dailies did not. I believe that any adjustments to new dailies has to move in the direction of greater accommodation for all groups, not a return to the old system.

I also still believe new dailies need work:

• Event scaling in lower-level event dailies is abysmal, producing a play experience in which the only “fun” I can find is, “Oooh, I got another 25% toward completing this task.”).
  • “Win as” in PvP seems to favor those who play all professions, just as the nature of PvE tasks favors those who do everything in PvE. If the latter is a problem that needs to be addressed, then surely the former is as well.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Let’s see… people who don’t dungeon (so, fractals are out and a double fractal task day is right out). People who like playing their characters with their own skill bar (i.e., no “Activities”). People who find crafting boring. Those options all appeared in the old dailies, but all they meant on all but the worst of days was choosy players got 1 or 2 less AP. Now, due to the “all or nothing” aspect of the AP reward, doing a partial daily is less rewarding.

I don’t find this to be an issue. I make up the difference in WvW. I also find the all-or-nothing aspect of the AP reward to be an advantage on days where I might be short on time. However, I can see where some players would have an issue. Such players have had the ability to get partial AP from dailies for a long time. It’s natural to feel hard done by, and to feel that they are entitled to those AP.

I also believe that the new approach to dailies is more balanced in terms of accommodating the three main “exclusive” demographics (PvE only, WvW only and PvP only) in a way the older dailies did not. I believe that any adjustments to new dailies has to move in the direction of greater accommodation for all groups, not a return to the old system.

I also still believe new dailies need work:

• Event scaling in lower-level event dailies is abysmal, producing a play experience in which the only “fun” I can find is, “Oooh, I got another 25% toward completing this task.”).
  • “Win as” in PvP seems to favor those who play all professions, just as the nature of PvE tasks favors those who do everything in PvE. If the latter is a problem that needs to be addressed, then surely the former is as well.

Yes, I concede that the players that refuse to do dungeons, fractals, crafting, WvW, PvP, and world bosses are greatly affected by this change….

On the other hand. The person who refuses to do all of the above content are likely people that are not AP hunters, and were most likely in it for the laurels, which are taken out of the equation entirely. So they may not be as affected as one might think. If they care that much about their 10AP (which is more than they ever would have gotten in a single day if they avoided all of the above content types in the past), they can suffer auto-running into a wall during an activity, or doing any one of the WvW dailies, which at least one is a ~5min commitment (master of ruins, sentry cap, badge spender).

This is speculation of course. But comes from some logic.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

I just want a way to be able to open the daily login window again so I can see where I am in relation to finishing/what rewards are coming up next.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

So, it is not a good idea because you for some arbitrary reason refuse to play the whole game?

Exactly. It’s a terrible idea, for that reason. ANet knows full well the playing habits of their players. Alienating a sizeable chunk of them is not a good idea.

Should they really develop the game around people that refuses to do something that is not a specific part of the game?

Well, that’s how they did develop it, mostly.

What about people that only want to do Fractals? Should they develop around those as well? Or people that only want to WvW? Or PvP for that matter?

Nonsense examples. They don’t need to develop ‘around’ anyone, they just should have left the existing separation between game modes that people had been used to well enough alone.

And for a completely unrelated point: Why the dishonesty in their labelling? Daily crafter? Not a PvE achievement. Daily Mystic Forger? Not a PvE achievement. Daily Activity Participation? Not a PvE achievement. Why are those 3 in that category?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Also because of the cap on AP over the course of time, you’ll stop getting AP from dailies anyway. How much time depends on how fast you do them, but if you’re around for the long haul, it’ll all get unlocked anyway.

Most of the players, even including those that both care about ap, and are there for the long haul, will never get close to that new cap (the 15k one, after it will get introduced). At least not with the current daily ap system.

Should they really build the game around people that for some arbitrary reason decide to not play the full game?

They had build this game around the assumption that PvE and PvP are fully separated, with no in-game reason to mix those modes. It has featured significantly in the prelaunch marketing. It’s only lately that they are changing their thoughts on this (most likely because PvP seems to not be doing that well).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I only play this game for the jumping puzzles. I hate that Anet is not giving me choices to complete the daily for how I want to play.

Manasa Devi.7958

You do realize that nonsensical exaggerations don’t contribute to discussions but instead just shine a certain light on those who flaunt them, right?

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

And for a completely unrelated point: Why the dishonesty in their labelling? Daily crafter? Not a PvE achievement. Daily Mystic Forger? Not a PvE achievement. Daily Activity Participation? Not a PvE achievement. Why are those 3 in that category?

where else would they put these? They arent WvW or PvP. You dont find an activity person in either. Crafting/mystic forge doesnt benefit WvW and are not present in HOTM.

as an aside, all of those are fairly easy to do (activity will take the longest though)

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

Astral Projections.7320

I just want a way to be able to open the daily login window again so I can see where I am in relation to finishing/what rewards are coming up next.

If you go to the Hero panel then to daily, you can pull up the panel that shows all your options for that day and it shows which you’ve done. If you select the ones you plan to do they will be on your UI and disappear as you do them.

Ayrilana.1396

You do realize that nonsensical exaggerations don’t contribute to discussions but instead just shine a certain light on those who flaunt them, right?

It points out that I’m purposely limiting myself by choosing to only play a certain aspect of the game, rather than the entire game, and then blame Anet for not providing me choices to complete the daily based on how that I want to play.

Manasa Devi.7958

It points out that I’m purposely limiting myself by choosing to only play a certain aspect of the game, rather than the entire game, and then blame Anet for not providing me choices to complete the daily based on how that I want to play.

Well, I guess you missed the point of this discussion then.

Ayrilana.1396

Well, I guess you missed the point of this discussion then.

Not really. There are PvE players who are upset that they don’t have choices to passively complete the daily and who refuse to do other achievement from the other areas of the game. We had 12 achievements before the update and we have 12 achievements after the update.

Manasa Devi.7958

Not really. There are PvE players who are upset that they don’t have choices to passively complete the daily and who refuse to do other achievement from the other areas of the game. We had 12 achievements before the update and we have 12 achievements after the update.

Yet something changed, and some people don’t like that change. The game was better for them before the change. They’re giving feedback on how they feel about the change.

Your rubbish jumping puzzle remark has no bearing on anything. None whatsoever. It’s not feedback, and it doesn’t address anything that people are upset about. It’s pointless hyperbole, and not particularly clever.

Posted by: SpyderBite.6274

SpyderBite.6274

Sweet so I don’t play, I don’t spend money in their gem store, they don’t make any cash. Great!

Not a problem. There are thousands of folks like myself ready to take your place in line to spend our RL cash on the BLTP. ^^

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.

Ayrilana.1396

Yet something changed, and some people don’t like that change. The game was better for them before the change. They’re giving feedback on how they feel about the change.

Your rubbish jumping puzzle remark has no bearing on anything. None whatsoever. It’s not feedback, and it doesn’t address anything that people are upset about. It’s pointless hyperbole, and not particularly clever.

Would you have preferred that I used dungeons or fractals instead? It doesn’t really matter since it’s a limited aspect within a game. It’s likely that you’re blinded by the fact that you play PvE only and cannot see that there are other areas which encompass the entire game.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

Going by that logic they should allow people to finish the daily by just sitting around in the home instance.

don’t be ridicules, the old daily system gave plenty of options, have them back and you don’t see me complaining.

Ayrilana.1396

don’t be ridicules, the old daily system gave plenty of options, have them back and you don’t see me complaining.

The new system gives the same number of options: 12.

Manasa Devi.7958

Would you have preferred that I used dungeons or fractals instead? It doesn’t really matter since it’s a limited aspect within a game. It’s likely that you’re blinded by the fact that you play PvE only and cannot see that there are other areas which encompass the entire game.

None of that has anything to do with the fact that a sizeable group of people are dissatisfied. They don’t have to rationalise their feelings, airing them is enough.

Let me ask you a question: do you think it’s generally a good idea to alienate sizeable groups of players?