The New Flute :(

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Niteip.8301

Niteip.8301

Flute sounds really nice compared to the other instruments in my opinion but why do you not hold the flute to your face when playing. That is complete BS. I would so buy one if it did. What a shame.

Posted by: JuiceBox.7650

JuiceBox.7650

I love this new fluuuuute. I just wish it had the usual 3 octaves :c

Posted by: Alilinke.7690

Alilinke.7690

My only problem with it is that the note continues to play even after you cancel it with esc.

[nA] Professional Guild Hall Decorator

Posted by: Sunflowers.1729

Sunflowers.1729

I have to say that the flute is incredibly responsive, and sounds nice (it’s really soft though)

Posted by: Clyne.9038

Clyne.9038

Anet, the flute is TOO SOFT !

Posted by: tonkatsu.9067

tonkatsu.9067

no its not , if you wanted an obnoxious instrument get the trumpet

Tyrrionne – Jade Quarry Thief/Mesmer/Engi

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

no its not , if you wanted an obnoxious instrument get the trumpet

The most obnoxious instrument is that kitten bell when most just stand there hitting one note over and over and over, Ad nauseam and over again the trumpet is breath of fresh air.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

i love that it has 2 octaves compared to the others with 3.

why is this ? it allows me to play tunes with octave swapping with ease and lets me play the more complex songs with speed now. i always messed up with the 3 octaves and end up int he wrong pitch :P

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

Posted by: Avelos.6798

Avelos.6798

My problem with the flute is explained in a thread I posted
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Flute-key-controls/first#post2428936

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

My only problem with the flute is that I have the musical prowess of a dead fish being slapped on a out of tune guitar… Other than that, it’s quite a nice sound and, unlike most of the other instruments, not very prune to “abuse”. Even if it’s spammed it’s still nice and soft, if incoherent, ambient noise at best.

…Wish I did know how to play music though… would buy one in a heartbeat. Sadly, that’s not something ANet has any fault in or is in any way able to fix.

Posted by: Reisinger.4203

Reisinger.4203

My only problem with the flute is that I have the musical prowess of a dead fish being slapped on a out of tune guitar… Other than that, it’s quite a nice sound and, unlike most of the other instruments, not very prune to “abuse”. Even if it’s spammed it’s still nice and soft, if incoherent, ambient noise at best.

…Wish I did know how to play music though… would buy one in a heartbeat. Sadly, that’s not something ANet has any fault in or is in any way able to fix.

This sums up my thoughts exactly. However, hope is not lost for the musically-challenged – if anyone is familiar with LOTRO’s music system, it’s a fantastic source of entertainment, excellent instrument response, and best of all, you can download these .abc files that the game client will play back through your in-game character’s instrument. Soloist or ensemble-friendly, with automatic timing (like timed emotes in GW2).

To be fair, with GW2 being so late or new (depending on how you see it) in the market, you could argue that Anet was responsible for making this instrument a lot more user-friendly. Then again, you have a minority of Anet apologists that counter this with “oh you’re just a bunch of entitled children”. I think it’s acceptable to expect a new company to live up to the standards that other games have set – so far, in terms of combat, GW2 is (or was, depending on what’s out now) the benchmark.

Also, you’d be surprised how nice a dead fish slapped on an out-of-tune guitar might sound like. Anything is better than bigoted, atonal music!

GW2 PvP League Season 3 Tribute: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeKVJ1krPmU

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

The flute sounds wonderful.

I just want a full scale. Pleaaaase Anet? [Alt] for half step.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!