The New GW2 Flavor Rocks!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Silentstorm.7531

Silentstorm.7531

LOL everything you do in this game is a grind of some sort. The legendaries was a super grind it’s even worse now. You can’t just pick and chose which grind you want to complain about. You might as well complain about the whole thing lol….

Posted by: GADefence.5634

GADefence.5634

“There WAS feedback on this very forum asking for gear progression, Anet took that feedback and ran with it. At the time those of us who did’ent want this style of game mostly stayed quiet because we believed that the game would stay as it was without our feedback.”

I’m actually curious what forums you went to. Reddit and the official forums seemed to get a few gear posts here and there, and while the reddit forums have finally quieted down (I assume all of us who cared for old ANet finally gave up on reddit), there’s way WAY more posts here then there ever was about adding gear grind to the game.

“LOL everything you do in this game is a grind of some sort. The legendaries was a super grind it’s even worse now. You can’t just pick and chose which grind you want to complain about. You might as well complain about the whole thing lol….”

You need to understand the difference between grinding and farming. You grinded to exotics and to level 80, most of which you got via doing story and cheaply enough with dungeons and the such. This was understood and understood to be it, the end. Getting 100% on your account? Sure that took a while but it wasn’t a grind – it was, at best, a farm. Same with the legendary. Reason?

I didn’t hit you 3%, 30%, or 300% harder if I had 100% explorer, or dungeon master, or any other title. I didn’t hit you harder with a legendary. Now?

Legendaries auto up level to whatever the latest FotM max tier item is – meaning they’re about the only gear worth getting. Ascendeds add 20%~ to your stats. Then the next one comes around, got legendaries? Completely dominate. Don’t? GO GRIND NUB.

If anything, this update added a serious amount of grinding.

(edited by GADefence.5634)

Posted by: havoc.6814

havoc.6814

I, for one, do like the new flavor of the game. I also think that what you have written here is a bunch of crock.

Also, stop with the bait and switch crap! You may think you’re being clever, but you’re just being dishonest.

Posted by: Demarc.4906

Demarc.4906

LOL everything you do in this game is a grind of some sort. The legendaries was a super grind it’s even worse now. You can’t just pick and chose which grind you want to complain about. You might as well complain about the whole thing lol….

Its a perception issue.

Getting to 80 and getting the top gear tier was very easy and could be done in any number of ways. You could Wv3, Event run, Dungeon run, craft etc. There was a grind if you want to call it that, but it was also just playing the game It did’ent matter what you did you were progressing towards 80 and gear cap.

Cosmetics have always been a grind, Legendarys, Cultural armor sets, hell even getting full dungeon armor sets. The cosmetic grind has always been a part of the GW system. It was never about gear though, it was about cosmetics. That made it tolerable for most people.

The new gear comes from one place and is statistically better. How much better is not at issue. Anet have said that they will add additional ways to obtain the gear (Wv3, karma, dungeons, whatever) but its short sighted of them to add it in one place only and neglect the others. The whole situation would have been far better received had all aspects of the game gotten an equal shake of the stick. (even if that ment holding back the dungeon until it could all be rolled out together – although that speaks more of thier time management really)

Thats not to say there would have been no backlash, there would have been because of the stat increase, but I feel that it would have been far less than what we are seeing currently.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Exotics are not cosmetics, and they do not drop all over the place. Either you grind for gold and buy them, or you kill for countless hours until they drop for you, or grind dungeons until you get enough tokens, as doing all routes of a dungeon isn’t enough to get a full set.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Logun.2349

Logun.2349

Exotics are not cosmetics, and they do not drop all over the place. Either you grind for gold and buy them, or you kill for countless hours until they drop for you, or grind dungeons until you get enough tokens, as doing all routes of a dungeon isn’t enough to get a full set.

It’s not a grind to get into exotics if what you’re doing to get them is FUN. You get into exotics As a Side Effect of just playing the game YOUR WAY.

You can get exotic gear through multiple paths; they are not a reward for just a select group of players that like running dungeons over and over.

Exotics can be earned with Karma, playing in the open world, completing daily and monthly challenges, collecting the mats and crafting or running dungeons, just about every activity in the game takes you on a path to exotic gear.

That was the gem of this game, you could build your character to be all it could be by just doing what you had the most fun at. One play style was not favored over another. This game didn’t tell players at endgame you MUST play THIS way to get the best gear it said “Just Play It Your Way And Have FUN”

Now the new Ascended Gear feels more like the new Raid gear with it centered around dungeons, what if you’re more into farming the open world and crafting, or what if your idea of a Massively Multiplayer game is not running a 5 man dungeon over and over, but instead you enjoy the Massive Multiplayer open world events or you’re more into WvW or PvP.

At the moment the options we did have for endgame seem to be diminished. Only when you ask players to play the game suboptimal for their play style that’s when the game becomes a grind.

Logun.2349

Here is a collection of threads that directly relate to the issues talked about in the opening post.

If you are still playing but playing less, find there is a shortage of players in the open world, can’t find groups for FotM, or just fed up with the new feel of the game I suggest posting in one or all of these threads to insure your opinion gets heard.

Why I’m never bothering with FotM again
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Why-I-m-never-bothering-with-FotM-again/first

How many here are playing less? And why?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/How-many-here-are-playing-less-And-why/first

Why The Stat Cap Is So Important
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Why-The-Stat-Cap-Is-So-Important/page/2#post838984

This will not end well….in my view
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/This-will-not-end-well-in-my-view/first

GW2 has become a FoTM Match Making Lobby
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/GW2-has-become-a-FoTM-Match-Making-Lobby

A day in Lion’s Arch
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/A-day-in-Lion-s-Arch/first#post828264

Areas all seem empty!
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Starting-areas-all-seem-empty

Story Mode does not happen anymore
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Story-Mode-does-not-happen-anymore

Yes or No: Manifesto Represents the Game?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Yes-or-No-Manifesto-Represents-the-Game/first

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Honestly the game brought less grinding to the table than what I excepted at release. I expected to grind a set by doing dungeons, then when I had that, be set for WvW. However, I had full exotics just 5 hours after hitting 80, since everything was there at the TP.

Did you ever play GW1 ?

Because, based on my experience there and the promises in the manifesto, the path to exotic gear was a bit longer than I was expecting. Though it wasn’t enough to complain about.

That really highlights the cultural divide between people who based their expectation on GW1, and those that based it on MMOs.

The legendary weapons are cosmetic only. That is why we aren’t complaining about them. That is the clear dividing line between what we will and won’t complain about:
– If it gives extra stats, no matter how small a gain, we will complain.
– If it doesn’t, it’s fine.

Posted by: oflow.2157

oflow.2157

I agree with the OP 100-percent.

I also love the Orwellian moderators on this forum. Myabe if they spent as much time paying attention to what the players want as they did deleting posts that arent praising the game posts like the OP’s wouldnt exist in the first place?

Posted by: nic.5720

nic.5720

Hi Logun I just want to add my +1 for your OP. I wanted to play GW2 my way.

Although I haven’t played for about a month for a variety of reasons as I’ve posted about elsewhere;

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/How-many-here-are-playing-less-And-why/first

I can’t play my way anymore because GW2 no longer supports my choice of playstyle or profession (I mained a Ranger).

I believe that the substantial change of direction in GW2 is directly related to Nexon becoming the majority shareholder (14.7%) in NCSoft earlier this year. It seems increasingly likely that their influence on the board of directors in both NCSoft and ANet has usurped control of GW2 away from the visionary games designers and handed it over to the accountants.

“Under new management” sums it up!

MithranArkanere.8957

It’s not a grind to get into exotics if what you’re doing to get them is FUN. You get into exotics As a Side Effect of just playing the game YOUR WAY.

[…]

I find doing new things and not having to repeat things fun.

I love seeing new places, meeting new people, and burning them to a crisp.
If I have to choose between doing the same thing again and again to complete a set, and having fun, then I’m finding grind.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
No exceptions!

Logun.2349

[…]

I find doing new things and not having to repeat things fun.

I love seeing new places, meeting new people, and burning them to a crisp.
If I have to choose between doing the same thing again and again to complete a set, and having fun, then I’m finding grind.

Well then getting exotics should not be a problem for you, travel the world, do dynamic events kill everything that you see, by just doing that you can get into exotic gear because you’ll be earning karma for every DE and picking up the daily achievements along the way.

Then you trade the Karma for Exotics, this only breaks down for the new Ascended gear that you must repeat FotM for. But Exotics you just get as a side effect of playing the game.

That why Ascended gear is such a tick off for me, one path one 5 man dungeon, over and over.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

To the OP +1 for summing it up nicely. I have to wonder though, how many would be as upset if they had just gone the extra step and made them craft-able and buy-able with karma? I know I for one wouldn’t be because I could still play the game the way it was intended for my play style.

Now if they add a new tier every other month making all my alts have to chase carrots perpetually then of course I would be quite upset. The matter remains that they did say we could play the game our way adding cosmetics in lieu or a grind and with the addition of the new FotM dungeon they have gone against all they stood for. I will give it some time because I hold out hope that someone in charge there will stop this insanity, but if they continue to do totally inane stunts like the per-cursor shuffle only available to certain players and this carrot then I too will just leave the game.

MithranArkanere.8957

[…]

Well then getting exotics should not be a problem for you, travel the world, do dynamic events kill everything that you see, by just doing that you can get into exotic gear because you’ll be earning karma for every DE and picking up the daily achievements along the way.

Then you trade the Karma for Exotics, this only breaks down for the new Ascended gear that you must repeat FotM for. But Exotics you just get as a side effect of playing the game.

That why Ascended gear is such a tick off for me, one path one 5 man dungeon, over and over.

Nope.

I’ve been everywhere and I’ve killed every single thing I’ve met. Never skipped an event or bailed out before they finished. My main character has 100% map and a bit more than that, and it’s still wearing mostly masterwork gear as I’m getting one rare once in a while, but never for my profession. Not even after throwing them in the mystic forge.
The only exotics I’ve ever got where from the Mad King’s Clock Tower and a couple of chests in jumping puzzles and after defeating a boss, including the karka chest which gave me a couple of weapons I couldn’t use, that were not even precursors and were worth less than 50silver in the trading post.
All of them were for another profession (excepting the mad king’s slippers), and all of them were worth less than 1 gold in the trading post.
And whenever I play all routes in a dungeon, I only get enough for the chest piece or a couple of small pieces.
I’d had to mix pieces from different dungeons, and a badly matched set like that is like not having a set at all, both for appearance, stats and upgrades.

As for karma, after doing all of that, I only had about 100K karma. Not enough for an exotic set after they drastically increased their cost.

So, no. What people experience in-game is very different, and there aren’t the bare minimums that should be in place for those unlucky with drops or refusing to grind.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

Posted by: Bovive.8946

Bovive.8946

Great post OP, I certainly agree with you. Ascended gear reminds me of the NGE in SWG. It may not be a total revamp, but it is certainly a change in game structure.

Logun.2349

[…]

Nope.

I’ve been everywhere and I’ve killed every single thing I’ve met. Never skipped an event or bailed out before they finished. My main character has 100% map and a bit more than that, and it’s still wearing mostly masterwork gear as I’m getting one rare once in a while, but never for my profession. Not even after throwing them in the mystic forge.
The only exotics I’ve ever got where from the Mad King’s Clock Tower and a couple of chests in jumping puzzles and after defeating a boss, including the karka chest which gave me a couple of weapons I couldn’t use, that were not even precursors and were worth less than 50silver in the trading post.
All of them were for another profession (excepting the mad king’s slippers), and all of them were worth less than 1 gold in the trading post.
And whenever I play all routes in a dungeon, I only get enough for the chest piece or a couple of small pieces.
I’d had to mix pieces from different dungeons, and a badly matched set like that is like not having a set at all, both for appearance, stats and upgrades.

As for karma, after doing all of that, I only had about 100K karma. Not enough for an exotic set after they drastically increased their cost.

So, no. What people experience in-game is very different, and there aren’t the bare minimums that should be in place for those unlucky with drops or refusing to grind.

Mithran if you have 100K in Karma you have enough for 2 set pieces already.

If you had been doing your dailies (4.5K Karma a day) plus the 5 events you need each day it would take you 60 days playing about 40 minutes a day to be in top end gear. In the world of MMO’s that’s hard to sell as a grind. Of course that’s only one option up to about a week ago you could have crafted yourself up a set for a marginal amount of gold by the time your 80.

The key point is the game doesn’t stand content or preferred play style in the way of you getting them.

Posted by: Mala.3861

Mala.3861

Very well said.

Posted by: Bleeds.4029

Bleeds.4029

@OP – thanks for putting this so clearly. This sums up so many of my concerns and the concerns that many of my guildies are also expressing. The forums are sure the vocal minority, but I think we, more often than not, represent the silent majority. This thread certainly does.

From patch day since, there has been a marked absence of LFG chatter for the original dungeons. This really hurts the game on so many levels. Personally, I am a member of a giant WvW guild and it is definately our focus in the game. FotM (ironic how this also stands for Flavor of the Month) represents a change in habit and expectation for gear in wvw. Previously, it was pretty much expected that you would gear for wvw from dungeons; beautiful synergy in that. The dungeons were desireable and used, wvw was used, spvp gets used regardless. Now, regular dungeons are ignored, FotM is alienating those slow to jump in and players in wvw are worried that the players of “that big server you’ll face if you can get to the next tier” will be showing up fully decked out and roflstomping you.

Additionally, on the subject of wvw token medals. Hardly anyone I know or have seen has been able to collect enough wvw tokens to use for gear. The guys that have been at it hard core since launch can buy a couple wvw items but don’t because they geared in dungeons. For most, you can get a weapon, maybe, but not suits of armor. Fact is, a lot of tokens get left on the battlefield because of the dynamics of wvw combat. The only way I have found to make meaningful amounts of tokens is to sit on a ballista holding off invaders making a rush at your keep lord in a place like SMC. Others may disagree, but this is my finding as (primarily) an engineer in wvw. The most I have ever made in a single night of play is 20. A few soloist thieves and ele’s from the guild make a large amount of medals out ganking loners, but when you run with the zerg it isn’t that easy. Conversely, you can run one dungeon a night for 60 tokens! ……or erm….you used to. Now, it’s LFG FotM lvl 8+ and I’m on level 1, others that missed the opener are on level 2, some on 3, etc etc.

Constructive Suggestions:

Currency systems: Way too many currency systems in place. WvW tokens, original dungeons each have individual tokens, the new dungeon has it’s tokens and then there is karma and regular old gold bringing up the rear. I suggest condensing some of these systems and let us just get the gear we want. There is no need to have all this so spread out. If Arah armor needs to have a higher cost than AC armor (which it does) this is still valid, the stats are the same on the armor so who cares if you want to run AC extra times to get armor that has a different look. Also, in the hunt for legendaries, you are going to need to complete the dungeons anyway right? Do I have this right? Total speculation on my part here…

Karma: Exotic vendors need a full range of equipment instead of only certain pieces with 2 or so choices of stats in the exotics. Come on, no brainer here.

WvW: Make the medals auto-looted or something to improve the rate of gain. Also, figure out what determines if you earn medals in WvW. I have soloed people and got nothing and winged people and gotten rewarded, why this RNG? It makes no sense at all. Also, as with karma vendors, make sure we have several choices of stats on the exotic WvW rewards. Lastly, why do we earn so much karma in WvW? Why not remove the karma and increase the wvw medal gain? This way, karma is for PvE, medals are for WvW, tokens are for dungeons, and s/tpvp does….whatever it is they do.

Logun.2349

New players every day continue to express concerns over issues outlined in the opening post never mind the gear creep that is just a symptom of the issues players have been faced with since this last patch.

Arena Net, you have impressed me over the years with you game design ideologies for MMO’s and how smartly you execute game design that builds community but this last patch is a tragedy and a blow to the community mechanics of GW2 ….. the losses will not be worth the gains.

Please Arena Net feel welcome to comment!!!?

This new dungeon has ruined my experience
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/This-new-dungeon-has-ruined-my-experience

First Time Poster
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/First-Time-Poster

FotM killed Gw2
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/FotM-killed-Gw2/first#post843007

Worried about making an alt
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Worried-about-making-an-alt

Change in loot parameters or a bug?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Change-in-loot-parameters-or-a-bug

(edited by Logun.2349)

MithranArkanere.8957

[…]
Mithran if you have 100K in Karma you have enough for 2 set pieces already.
[…]

Two pieces are not a set.

After being everywhere in the game and doing everything once, you should have a full set already.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
No exceptions!

Logun.2349

I could go on with the links, they all relate to the topics discussed in the opening post. None of the links below will come as a surprize to the contributors of this thread.
More and more players are starting to see the larger ramifications of last week’s patch. As end game areas die off and LA in constant overflow it’s apparent that this new gear carrot has cleared out the world.

Players have parked alts and are working on the grind to max out the slots they can before the next round of Ascended gear is released. The design of the new dungeon scaling difficulty gets them on a hamsters wheel that if they get off and not keep up with the community or there guild they could get left behind.

Even if they wanted to spend time in the open world fear of not keeping up with the difficulty level keeps them playing the content longer and beyond the point of having fun.

Lost motivation to play…
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Lost-motivation-to-play
Where is everybody?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Where-is-everybody
What I Use to do In GW2… And What I Now Do.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/What-I-Use-to-do-In-GW2-And-What-I-Now-Do
Tyria Talk – Legendary Endgame
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Tyria-Talk-Legendary-Endgame/first#post850993
5 main cities are dead. They need some love
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/5-main-cities-are-dead-They-need-some-love/first#post849341
Why not Ascended Gears from classic dungeons
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Why-not-Ascended-Gears-from-classic-dungeons
Specific stats only with ascended gear?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Specific-stats-only-with-ascended-gear
Any reason to leave LA now?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Any-reason-to-leave-LA-now/first#post849071

Posted by: dalendria.3762

dalendria.3762

I could go on with the links, they all relate to the topics discussed in the opening post. None of the links below will come as a surprize to the contributors of this thread.
More and more players are starting to see the larger ramifications of last week’s patch. As end game areas die off and LA in constant overflow it’s apparent that this new gear carrot has cleared out the world.

It could be because it is the “new hotness.” Or it could be a bad indication of things to come.

I have not played all week so really do not know if the other zones are empty. However, this all raises another question.

I thought this content update was going to do things to improve upon the core game.

1. Where are the new DEs/Group events in the low to high level zones?

• They did state that the LIVE team would be doing this to keep the game fresh.

2. Where is the new gear for Exotics with better looks?

• Again, they said this would be coming.

3. Where are the much needed bug fixes that are preventing DEs and skillpoints from working?

4. Where are the much needed improvements to WvW?

5. Where is the new SPVP game type? or attempts to make it more competitive so that people can take it seriously as a new entry in the eSports market.

It just seems like this first major content update only focused on one primary thing – introducing a new gear tier that can only be obtained by running a dungeon over and over.

The core components that existed in the game since launch did not get much attention or improvement in this patch. Why?

Can you feel it? HOT HOT HOT

Posted by: biggs.4702

biggs.4702

There are and will always be plenty of people who need every level of Fractals because of alts and new players. Not everyone is a complete jerk and is unwilling to run a lower level to help a friend or guildmate. In addition, new fractals will be added and in general of course there will be plenty of new content of various kinds in the future. Plenty of people still run story and explorable modes for older dungeons, too.

You really don’t have a point, here, sorry.

The obstacle is the path.

Posted by: deborah.2068

deborah.2068

The OP nails it on the head. This is precisely what is happening and what has already happened and what’s going to happen if Anet doesn’t turn around now.

They won’t. They already had a set of plans to follow, adding more powerful infusions. Nexon saw it fit to make a cash cow out of the GW2, which is, imho given a few more months, could be sit side by side with WoW clones. With the lack of bug fixes to a whole lot of things, you can pretty much tell that they spent their resources on this update. There’s no way in hell that executives would retract this.

Fixed that for you. Nobody is ever going to come anywhere near WoW’s success by coping WoW.

Wow biggest subscription time was wrath when gear was not gated to raids at the end the skilled player said they didnt feel accomplished due to the fact that everyone had the gear to see all the content hence why WOW went back to gating their gear thru raids again and even they have seen a steady decline in players MOP sold 37% less then cata Hell I just bought MOP for 20 dollars and it came out a month after GW2

Posted by: Turkman.1089

Turkman.1089

The OP nails it on the head. This is precisely what is happening and what has already happened and what’s going to happen if Anet doesn’t turn around now.

They won’t. They already had a set of plans to follow, adding more powerful infusions. Nexon saw it fit to make a cash cow out of the GW2, which is, imho given a few more months, could be sit side by side with WoW clones. With the lack of bug fixes to a whole lot of things, you can pretty much tell that they spent their resources on this update. There’s no way in hell that executives would retract this.

Fixed that for you. Nobody is ever going to come anywhere near WoW’s success by coping WoW.

Wow biggest subscription time was wrath when gear was not gated to raids at the end the skilled player said they didnt feel accomplished due to the fact that everyone had the gear to see all the content hence why WOW went back to gating their gear thru raids again and even they have seen a steady decline in players MOP sold 37% less then cata Hell I just bought MOP for 20 dollars and it came out a month after GW2

Of course, WoW’s peak time is probably over. But it still has millions of players. And I doubt that GW2 will become as successful as that. With the recent changes I honestly more people who dislike them jumping ship than people who like them coming back or for the first time. I’m not saying it will fail terribly. But I don’t think it will benefit them as much as they probably thought it would.

Abaddon’s Mouth
Renth/Eirik
[DP] Diamond Pirates

Logun.2349

There are and will always be plenty of people who need every level of Fractals because of alts and new players. Not everyone is a complete jerk and is unwilling to run a lower level to help a friend or guildmate. In addition, new fractals will be added and in general of course there will be plenty of new content of various kinds in the future. Plenty of people still run story and explorable modes for older dungeons, too.

You really don’t have a point, here, sorry.

There’s no points being made, the OP outlined some predictions in a shift in the way some players would react to the mechanics being introduced by this latest patch and over the course of the last 8 days others have confirmed them as facts.

The dev’s introduced elements that promote a degree of separation between players, offers less choice for endgame, forces players that want the most powerful gear into a dungeon, has made areas of the game obsolete, reduced player interest and participation in the open world and created a hamster-wheel dungeon that players need to stay on the upper end of the difficulty scale or risk being left behind.

The compounding factor is for many players all of the above has reduced their enjoyment and their participation in the game.

Posted by: dalendria.3762

dalendria.3762

@Logan said "There’s no points being made, the OP outlined some predictions in a shift in the way some players would react to the mechanics being introduced by this latest patch and over the course of the last 8 days others have confirmed them as facts.

The dev’s introduced elements that promote a degree of separation between players, offers less choice for endgame, forces players that want the most powerful gear into a dungeon, has made areas of the game obsolete, reduced player interest and participation in the open world and created a hamster-wheel dungeon that players need to stay on the upper end of the difficulty scale or risk being left behind.

The compounding factor is for many players all of the above has reduced their enjoyment and their participation in the game."

And this all started happening in less than a week after the release of the patch. What will the game be like in a month?

Can you feel it? HOT HOT HOT

Logun.2349

The endgame open world zones are in serious trouble, I don’t know what Arena Net has planned but it better be something spectacular to breathe life back into these areas that are in cardiac arrest. And it better be soon!

Check out the contested way-points in the post below and remember this was predicted 9 days ago. I just hope the fix isn’t rolled out with such a lack of forethought as the patch was.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Screenshot-proof-how-the-game-needs-to-change/first#post864092

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

but it better be something spectacular to breathe life back into these areas that are in cardiac arrest.

If their event system was more flexible, they could have them accumulate bonus xp, karma and gold, the longer they haven’t been successfully completed. Not that such a system would only work in Orr, mind you…
But do they event want Orr to become interesting again? If you look at how they treated most of their non-endgame areas in GW1, I wouldn’t bet on it.

Logun.2349

but it better be something spectacular to breathe life back into these areas that are in cardiac arrest.

If their event system was more flexible, they could have them accumulate bonus xp, karma and gold, the longer they haven’t been successfully completed. Not that such a system would only work in Orr, mind you…
But do they event want Orr to become interesting again? If you look at how they treated most of their non-endgame areas in GW1, I wouldn’t bet on it.

Orr was supposed to be their open world solution. It was in trouble before the FotM came along. They claim “We knew FotM was good but we didn’t know that many would flock to it”. I found that to be a strange statement since I predicted it without even seeing the content on the day of its release.

They nerfed the drops and karma in Orr, connected the top gear in the game to FotM and then introduced a scaling difficulty to FotM that once on that train if you get off you might not get back on again……LOL. What did they think was going to happen?

Personally I think they need to take some drastic intervention to save the open world end game. They need a cataclysm rework of the Orr zones, FotM needs to lose the difficulty scaling and get a lock out, and rewards for Ascended gear needs to be redistributed throughout Orr.

They had no business introducing this content with their open world content on life support in a game that NEEDS a critical mass of players to make Dynamic events in the open world viable.

Logun.2349

Are all of you incredibly stupid and just want to speak words of hate for no reason or are you all unable to read?

AMA session anyone? Take your whining elsewhere.

Thank you so much for your thought provoking and informative post…..LOL

I’ve read every word of the AMA and I for one appreciate the effort Chris put in yesterday to set the record straight.

However words do not fix the game. The game is still broke IMHO and we got a lot of words so at the moment I’ll be taking a pass until the game starts to look like something I want to invest my time in again.

I hope they pull it out of the fire, I really do I love the game, the combat , the look and the respect the game had to allow players to advance in the game regardless of how you want to play it. GW2 didn’t cater to just those that wanted to spend countless hours rerunning the same content and until it looks like that game again I’m out.

What still burns me is they knew this was going to cause a rift in the community but they forced it out the door because they wanted to prove they could be “That Game” to a fan use to a particular MMO endgame. It’s difficult to trust a company again that throws its own ideologies out the door so quickly.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Are all of you incredibly stupid and just want to speak words of hate for no reason or are you all unable to read?

AMA session anyone? Take your whining elsewhere.

Your post contributes what exactly?

In regards to the AMA- I am at least a bit encouraged to see that they acknowledge that the new content fragments the player base and drains player from the open world.

I will be interested to see how they fix this since I don’t think that just adding ascended gear in various other parts of the game will solve this issue. Although I am sure it will indeed help to free people from grinding fractals 24/7

The nature of DE’s demand players and it is getting hard to get anything done in the lower level maps let alone Orr. People need to be able to spread out through out the whole world. Since there are already a lot of suggestion on how to do this- I hope they read the suggestion forums

Gunnar’s Hold