The New leveling system is frustrating.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: An Arctic Fox.6312

An Arctic Fox.6312

Saying that it is frustrating is a bit of an understatement, I just got my ranger to level 22, and was “rewarded” with stat increases, and the ability to go to PvP, this itself was annoying to me, as I already know that each level up comes with a stat increase, thats normal in every single level up system I’ve ever seen, however what made me face palm though, is what it said I would unlock at level 23, my 5th underwater skill, at level 23. Arena Net, this is the number one problem people have with the new system, it makes us, the player, feel as though we do not know what we are doing, I attached a file showing the “rewards” for leveling up. Anet, please re think this. What we, and by we, I mean the more experienced players, want a way to skip the skill unlocks. Level locking should not be forced on every player. Level locking is not the answer, in my own opinion.

Attachments:

(edited by An Arctic Fox.6312)

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

But it’s perfect! Just check this video it will explain everything! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y

At first it was all so confusing. When I got downed the first time I was like huh.. wha..? 0.o

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Moreover, does that say that you can’t access your bank (account vault) until you hit level 23 !?!?!?!?

And wait, you said you now have access to PvP at 22?? I thought the point of PvP was that any character could do it at level 2.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Kamui.4038

Kamui.4038

I cannot for the life of me understand WHY they would release this patch.

WHAT
WERE
THEY
THINKING

WHAT
WERE
THEY
THINKING

THAT
WERE
ALL
STUUUPIWD

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

WHAT
WERE
THEY
THINKING

THAT
WERE
ALL
STUUUPIWD

“WE’RE”
“STUPID”
THANKS FOR MAKING THEIR POINT FOR THEM.

This reply is 100% facetious. Terms and conditions apply.

WHAT
WERE
THEY
THINKING

THAT
WERE
ALL
STUUUPIWD

“WE’RE”
“STUPID”
THANKS FOR MAKING THEIR POINT FOR THEM.

This reply is 100% facetious. Terms and conditions apply.

Iknowriteidontevenknowhowtospace

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

And wait, you said you now have access to PvP at 22?? I thought the point of PvP was that any character could do it at level 2.

You can, but you don’t get access to it via the UI until at least one character on the account reaches 22 now.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

Posted by: Soulshot.6340

Soulshot.6340

Are you a new player?.. No? Well — I am.

I know the bank access at lvl 24, the downed state at lvl 5, the waterskills at lvl 22 might frustrate the lot of ya, crying wolf over how easy it is now.

I on the other hand — a new player (1 month of play) — can’t begin to tell you how complex GW2 is compared to other MMO’s. About a month ago I kept being underlevelled for new zones, I thought I’d do all the hearts and then leave the area. Didnt know you could trigger quests, didnt understand what was happening when I got downed, didn’t know you could port from waypoint to waypoint.

I mean… I learned all that, but the new guidance seems great.

I know the bank access at lvl 24, the downed state at lvl 5, the waterskills at lvl 22 might frustrate the lot of ya, crying wolf over how easy it is now.

I on the other hand — a new player (1 month of play) — can’t begin to tell you how complex GW2 is compared to other MMO’s. About a month ago I kept being underlevelled for new zones, I thought I’d do all the hearts and then leave the area. Didnt know you could trigger quests, didnt understand what was happening when I got downed, didn’t know you could port from waypoint to waypoint.

Yes Guild Wars 2 is definitely complex compared to other MMO’s……

Attachments:

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

The new character guidance seems very sensible for a first time player.

But what about when you go back a few months from now to level a new character? When you go back to level one of each class to 80?

It’s going to be massively frustrating and alt-*un*friendly to have to go through tedious and slow skill unlocking when you already know how to play. The new player character system should have the option to be disabled once you’ve leveled one character to 80.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

\
That is WoW with a crap ton of mods, not really a good comparison.

\

Actually it is. Since most people on there use addons.
But you can just google: ‘mmo UI’ and find dozens of UI’s many times more complex than GW2.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Rangersix.1754

Rangersix.1754

Even without mods, in World of Warcraft there is a metric ton of stuff going on and a metric ton of more content to get lost in. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, it just feels as if Anet is focus testing the group of people that would never play this game anyway.