The Nexon Take Over

The Nexon Take Over

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: xnugZz.9321

xnugZz.9321

With Nexon trying to get its foul little mittens on NCSoft, and NCSoft owning Arena net. Does this spell trouble for the future of Guild wars?, as many a gamer know. Nexon is accredited with …well not much, if youve ever played combat arms. Its horrible gameplay and pay to win attitude is the standard of Nexon’s games. This is a company that is right now under investigation from the FTC (Fair Trade Act) in shady hostile take overs of other companies. Another concerning notion is that Nexon has ex producers and employees inside NCSoft and Arena net. Regardless of their terms of dismisal or leaving Nexon, its a fairly common practice to try to get employees into other places of this nature. Nexon did it before they pulled their hostile take over of Gamania, Another instance of Nexon breaking FTC, and going up under investigation for the deal. This company is clearly a horrible company, not to mention ive tried some Nexon games…they are all pretty much trash. They are already buying shares, they are already trying to force NCSoft to let Nexon propose candidates for its board of members. This is a company, that is the trashiest bane of the game industry embodiment of a company you can imagine, And now..they wanna get their trashy little fingers on NCSoft. Does this spell trouble for the future of GW2 if NCSoft cant get that 15 percent back and give Nexon a a big NO, dont touch our kids you pervert? I hope not… but if history repeats itself as it always does with Nexon when they take over a company with hostility. and any thing their dirty little ignorant fingers touch, they will be the death of NCSoft.

The Nexon Take Over

Posted by: Arkinos.7245

Arkinos.7245

kitten happens.

If GW2 goes down the drain, just move on to the next best game.

The Nexon Take Over

xnugZz.9321

but it doesnt have to

The Nexon Take Over

Posted by: yanipheonu.5798

yanipheonu.5798

In other news, the sky is falling!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henny_Penny

The Nexon Take Over

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Yeah if Bleep hit the fan, I am bouncing!!!

The Nexon Take Over

xnugZz.9321

clearly didnt read it that well if you believe its henny penny thread.

The Nexon Take Over

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

There are other threads concerning this already.

In short, Nexon is attempting to be greedy. All they’ve done is ASK for a seat at the board which is far from being granted it much less taking over NCsoft. Until the board needs a new member this is a non issue and will likely remain a non issue even if they do get a seat on the board.

The Nexon Take Over

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Did you even read the notes for their “board meeting”.

Laughable, and no sane company would agree to half of the proposed terms.

The Nexon Take Over

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

NCSOFT already told Nexon to take a hike and today they arranged for the company to acquire more stock than Nexon has. They only need roughly 5% as they have 10% in Treasury Stock, something Nexon wanted them to get rid of.

On lighter news NCSOFT invested in a toy drone company recently.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

The Nexon Take Over

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Ooooooh man.

That’s it. That was… IT!

I’m out! Peace everyone!

Y’all enjoy the apocalypse!

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

The Nexon Take Over

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Ooooooh man.

That’s it. That was… IT!

I’m out! Peace everyone!

Y’all enjoy the apocalypse!

You mean, Y’all enjoy the Toy Apocalypse, don’t you?

The Nexon Take Over

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

I read that Nexon proposal after seeing it come up in a reddit thread and am entirely unconcerned.

To me it read as Nexon throwing a hissy fit because NCSoft won’t do what they want. I’m pretty sure the average shareholder will see the same and simply vote no to it.