The Orichalcum vein in Southsun Cove

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

“The Orichalcum vein in Southsun Cove is now a regular vein instead of a rich vein.”

Does this mean it will no longer be guarded by a Champion? It kitten not be!

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

^ Exactly this.

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

This was probably the only reason people still went to Southsun Cove. XD

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

This is so amazing. I’m surprised it took them this long.

Expect to watch ori ore go up. In the hour since the patch notes were released they went up by around 70 copper already.

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

This is one of ANets many methods to get us back out into the world. Owait…

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Posted by: Bosley.6403

Bosley.6403

That zone is a joke of a content update, anyway. The Rich vein was the only good thing about it.

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Expect Orichalcum prices to go up a bit.

Posted by: raiden.9024

raiden.9024

Its like they want to hide that place, cant think why, maybe it will sink next patch.

drwookie.6391

People honestly can’t argue that having a rich ori node that respawns every 24 hours in the exact same place every single day was a good idea.

I’m not innocent, I park my 80’s there and do it every day. Every time I log in there are 5-10 people there. I know they are only there for the ore and will likely just log off after they collect it to switch characters. That kind of farming is just not necessary.

Now if they want to have a rich ori node that MOVES, fine. Makes it a little more interesting. But to have in the same place was just a bad idea from the beginning.

Posted by: jwburks.9735

jwburks.9735

It’s just orichalcum. It’s way harder to get tier 6 mats to drop. At least orichalcum is a guarantee if you look for the nodes.

We heard . . . we listened . . . we ignored.

Posted by: shaktiboi.5194

shaktiboi.5194

More than a bit.

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

good thing I have about 200 ingots stocked up.

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

Oglaf.1074

Agreed on all points. It was the coupe de grace for Southsun, especially if they still let the Champion inhabit that platform.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: DaKenster.5801

DaKenster.5801

My ori stock has been collecting dust since I stopped playing, this might be a good time to bring it out.

JQ- [VG]

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Except all new recipes will require passion flowers and karka shells. 250 of each of course.

Gotta force people there somehow.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

It’s like this change is a big surprise lol. Everyone had thier alts parked thier. It probably was the main sorce of Ori in the TP.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

drwookie.6391

It’s like this change is a big surprise lol. Everyone had thier alts parked thier. It probably was the main sorce of Ori in the TP.

Ya the only surprise is it took this long.

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

People honestly can’t argue that having a rich ori node that respawns every 24 hours in the exact same place every single day was a good idea.

I’m not innocent, I park my 80’s there and do it every day. Every time I log in there are 5-10 people there. I know they are only there for the ore and will likely just log off after they collect it to switch characters. That kind of farming is just not necessary.

Now if they want to have a rich ori node that MOVES, fine. Makes it a little more interesting. But to have in the same place was just a bad idea from the beginning.

I have to agree, being someone guilty of having spare 80s parked at the node, that it was a pretty bad idea to put a rich vein there. It’s just too tempting a target for farming.

But dumbing it down to a normal ori node feels like overkill. The rich node is literally the only reason I go to Southsun Cove. The same is true of my entire guild.

Putting Karka Shells and Passion Fruit into Infusion recipes was at least another attempt to give the zone a purpose, but it felt forced (Southsun-specific mats used in items only obtained through and primarily used in Fractals?), and was pretty much irrelevant anyway. Who seriously wants to farm 250 Karka Shells for a +5 stat increase?

I have to agree with the wookie on this one, a mobile rich node would at least let Southsun retain what little relevance it has while simultaneously cutting down on lazy farming immensely.

Posted by: Circling Skies.1872

Circling Skies.1872

Except all new recipes will require passion flowers and karka shells. 250 of each of course.

Gotta force people there somehow.

Yes. But then we have to slap them with DR if they try farming them for too long. Seriously, How is a player ever supposed to get 250 of anything if they cannot farm for it?

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

That was the only reason people went to the Cove, I’m afraid you made a dead zone even more dead with this. How area you planning to spring it back to life?

Oglaf.1074

I’m fine with the change if they removed the freaking Champion as well.

A regular Ori vein should not be babysat by this thing.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Yet another nerf <sigh>, yet whats the bet that the ridiculous requirements for crafting apothecary gear and the poor drop rates on karka shells remain.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: cipher.7438

cipher.7438

The Orichalcum vein in Southsun Cove is now a regular vein instead of a rich vein.

Great. So you guys punish the more casual among us who don’t have 5+ 80s farming that node every day. And you now reward those people with multiple 80s who farmed it like mad.

Way to go, Arenanet. Thanks for making me remember that you advertise your MMO for the casual audience, but really punish them while encouraging the hardcore.

Gone are my dreams/reasons for leveling alts to 80s. And just when my first alt is at 79 before the patch. >.<

And it was pretty much the only real reason to go to the Cove. Thanks for also inflating the price of those shells too!

cipher
Hammerfist Clan: http://www.hammerfistclan.com

Posted by: Uberlicious.3956

Uberlicious.3956

just so you know , you dont have to be 60+ to farm ori, its been a known fact for a while now

Posted by: Masterpyro.4310

Masterpyro.4310

You should level your characters to 80 because you enjoy the story or want to understand your classes potential better for PvP, not to mine an ori node that you could have gotten as long as a friend pulled the champ away for a second.

Posted by: Necrid.2705

Necrid.2705

They still need to bring back the Rich Ori node. The only other one in existance consistantly is in WvW and it’s bugged out.

— Necrid — Ehmry Bay — [TML]/[oG] — Charrdian Main — All Classes
— [Twitch] twitch.tv/necrid2705 — [GW-EN] gw-en.com “Necrid and Chill”

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Farmers already have their stock and rest of us, for whom it was the only fast way to obtain few orichalcum per day, can only cry.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

It just means there’s no reason at all to go there now =D

true!

actually, it will probably help. Only other way now is to search.

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

Great. So you guys punish the more casual among us who don’t have 5+ 80s farming that node every day. And you now reward those people with multiple 80s who farmed it like mad.

Speaking as someone who is not in favor of removing the ori node, I’m confused as to how removing it somehow “rewards” those people who farmed it like mad. Did you expect ANet to remove all of the ori from our banks?

Removing the node rewards nobody, regardless of any past interactions with it.

Posted by: Circling Skies.1872

Circling Skies.1872

I think they are saying that it will decrease the amount available on the TP therfore increasing its cost. Therefore those that parked and farmed it everyday have a stock pile of it to trickle on the market making lots of money, and those of us who ran there everyday and collected it and used it for our own crafting are the ones who will suffer.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Speaking as someone who is not in favor of removing the ori node, I’m confused as to how removing it somehow “rewards” those people who farmed it like mad. Did you expect ANet to remove all of the ori from our banks?

It is simple. They have full stock of this material which cost around 2,5s before patch. Now it will rise to let’s say 5-6s and the people who has the stock will sell it for biiiiiiig money. And the rest of us, who went there twice or thrice a week will be even more poor than before.

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Agreed on all points. It was the coupe de grace for Southsun, especially if they still let the Champion inhabit that platform.

Just checked and the giant overlord Karka of doom is still there…

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

Ill have to move my 6 alts somewhere else now

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

I wonder if having all resource nodes move around and be random in location would foil the “under map” bots that pop up, harvest, and disappear…

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

Sold all my tier 6 mats and bought Orichalcum Ore.

You should see the rate Moldy Bags are dropping in Orr.

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Perhaps I’m missing something here, but why would having a rich orichalcum vein in Southsun Cove be a bad thing exactly? I don’t understand. There are other rich veins of ore scattered around the world that people mine regularly, or did those all get removed, too?

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

It is simple. They have full stock of this material which cost around 2,5s before patch. Now it will rise to let’s say 5-6s and the people who has the stock will sell it for biiiiiiig money. And the rest of us, who went there twice or thrice a week will be even more poor than before.

There`s no way it will rise to 5-6s. It was at 4s before the rich ori node was introduced.

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Another one bites the dust.

Seriously, everytime players find an activity that is popular, it gets nerfed.

Correct me if i’m wrong, but, I’ve read that an ANet representative said it is easier to create faucets than sinks:

a) Either the developers are not carefull and mindlessly add income sources to the game.

OR

b) These have been added accordingly, yet, in ANets eyes, any popular activity equates to overuse, which inturn is a no no.

In the end no activity will be fun and we all shall conform to running around zones mindlesly.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Oglaf.1074

For the love of crabcakes Anet, at least remove the Champion guard dog, will you?

Ugh…

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

May I correct your post? People who play this game like a job had their alt parked there.

I was visiting this node every some days with my main.

Posted by: Premium.4075

Premium.4075

Perhaps I’m missing something here, but why would having a rich orichalcum vein in Southsun Cove be a bad thing exactly? I don’t understand. There are other rich veins of ore scattered around the world that people mine regularly, or did those all get removed, too?

The only other ones are in WvW which you cant really camp because you cant log out there, you would need to enter WvW and travel to the node each time. If your server owns that area, easy, if not, can be tricky as some like to camp guard it and the 2 other servers you’re fighting against are also going for it meaning you don’t have much time to mine.

This one people just took up alt 80’s and left it there. I did it, had several 80’s logged there and would log in every 24hrs and mine, getting almost 150 ore a day. I can see why it had to be removed but compared to other means of gaining gold, it wasnt exactly one of the top methods, so it seems it was just done to stop this kind of attitude to farming it.

Posted by: cipher.7438

cipher.7438

And of course no response by Arenanet reps. They know a losing battle. They can’t win this one so they’re leaving it alone. Either…

A.) The removal is justified, which means they screwed up in the first place and don’t want to admit it or putting that node in there.
~or~

B.) The removal is not justified, which means they screwed up now by removing it.

Either way Arenanet is making is customers pay for their mistakes. Yeah, thanks. So now the hardcore & gold farmers get richer since the price of this ore will increase on the market. The quantity goes from a flood to a trickle, so the casuals will have to spend more time or pay more gold to get the 400 mats for either crafting or legendaries.

Thanks Arenanet for WIDENING the gap between the hardcores and the casuals. You guys just promoted even more gold farming which you’re supposed to be fighting. Nice job.

cipher
Hammerfist Clan: http://www.hammerfistclan.com

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Whats the respawn on a normal ori node? Is it still 24 hours?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Quit fussing about the Champion… he’s rarely home anyhow. Usually he’s kited down the ramp and left to sit somewhere all alone while everyone farms the node.

It’s still a guaranteed node location it seems, if the Champion is in the way work together and make him go dead.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Tobo of Tyria.7329

Tobo of Tyria.7329

just so you know , you dont have to be 60+ to farm ori, its been a known fact for a while now

You DO have to be 60 or you can’t use the pick to mine it…. you don;t have to be 80 though… I got 1 alt from 60 to 71 just mineing that node… LOL

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

May the island now rest in peace.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I hardly went there anyway, i doubt now i ever need too again..