The Original GW2

The Original GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Arkengel RaF.9672

Arkengel RaF.9672

So as I was browsing through youtube I happened to come across an old vid from 2009. It was a preview of Destiny’s Edge and what they were suppose to have looked like back then. Now in the background you can observe the home city of every member.

These cities look nothing like the cities we now have in game, and I was wondering what was it that happen to them and why where they changed to what they are now.

I personally think that the old cities were better looking and a lot more appealing than what we have now. Specially the grove and what seems to be Ratta Sum.

http://youtu.be/YEdr8HHJ-zU

The Original GW2

Posted by: Pochibella.8394

Pochibella.8394

The Grove and Rata Sum are the 2 I think that look the most different from the video. I actually like the cities we have in game (except Charr-I think it is ugly). I did notice some different hairstyles when they showed the characters standing there. I want some of those hairstyles! They are not available in game and are cute!

The Original GW2

Posted by: Satakal.6971

Satakal.6971

Remember when they first announced it in 2007 and they were like “we’re gonna have a beta in late 2008”. I wanna know what the game looked like in 2008 so bad. It’s probably not even the same game, and I’m thankful we got the game we got, but I am sooo curious.

The Original GW2

Posted by: tomshreds.1745

tomshreds.1745

I like better the game we have now, fortunately. But does anyone remember ArenaNet talked about a lot of “mini-games” like in bars and stuff. Did it get implemented somewhere? Maybe I’m just clueless and don’t know where to look for these activities hehe.

The Original GW2

Posted by: Puddles.6385

Puddles.6385

I like better the game we have now, fortunately. But does anyone remember ArenaNet talked about a lot of “mini-games” like in bars and stuff. Did it get implemented somewhere? Maybe I’m just clueless and don’t know where to look for these activities hehe.

Keg brawl was the only mini-game that made it in for launch. There’s a shooting gallery (locked atm) in Divinity’s Reach, and I’m pretty sure something else in each home city (Polymock? Please?), so I’m sure they’ll get released eventually.

The Original GW2

Posted by: FourTwenty.4268

FourTwenty.4268

I personally think that the old cities were better looking and a lot more appealing than what we have now.

The grass is always greener on the other side. Whatever someone doesn’t have, they think it’s better than what they do have.

The Original GW2

Posted by: Half Tooth.1867

Half Tooth.1867

This was before they made the sylvari sentient plants. At first they were going to be more likve elves that lives in trees. It was much later that they became humaniod plant people.
Definately like them better that way

The Original GW2

Posted by: tomshreds.1745

tomshreds.1745

Keg brawl was the only mini-game that made it in for launch. There’s a shooting gallery (locked atm) in Divinity’s Reach, and I’m pretty sure something else in each home city (Polymock? Please?), so I’m sure they’ll get released eventually.

Thanks for the clarification!

The Original GW2

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

I personally think that the old cities were better looking and a lot more appealing than what we have now.

The grass is always greener on the other side. Whatever someone doesn’t have, they think it’s better than what they do have.

Doesnt really apply when you have had both, i played Beta and play the game, i enjoyed the Beta more.

Ulfar SOR

The Original GW2

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

The cities as they are now are lovely, although I do like the old versions of Rata Sum and The Grove better since they’re actually larger and more spacious.

I liked the old palette better reminds me more of GW1 and it was less colorful, but the new versions look good regardless.

The Original GW2

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Yeah agree, Rata Sum and The Grove looked so much nicer in that clip, even heolbrek looked a bit different, i wonder why companies change so much for the worse over time…

Gotta say the Sylvari should have stayed Elven looking as they were in the clip, the sylvari we have now are so ugly and a race i never play due to those plant changes..