The "Please let us rebuild LA" thread

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: dybryd.1358

dybryd.1358

I love that the living story actually has a large-scale, permanent impact on the world of Tyria. And the destruction of Lion’s Arch certainly was an impact.

I had away from the game for a long time, and when I logged in to the game for the first time in almost a year, finding my character in the wreckage of what had been a thriving city when I logged out sure did impress on me that Tyria is a changing place.

But — I really miss it. I really miss that city.

By in-game logic, it just makes sense to me that the heroes and governments of Tyria woul band together to restore what’s been lost. And by extra-game logic, playing in GW2 without a Lion’s Arch just feels like there’s a piece missing.

I don’t expect it to happen immediately, but please tell me that some form of city restoration project is in store — maybe not in the exact form we knew, but give us the city back again.

Posted by: ElZillcho.1549

ElZillcho.1549

Who knows perhaps (and i hope) they are waiting for halloween to fix it up again.

Posted by: Leallax.1482

Leallax.1482

well I do know that the whole Festival of the Four Winds was supposedly to raise funds to rebuild Lion’s Arch. So I’m also with ElZillcho in hoping that around halloween (maybe before the next LW chapter?) it’ll be fixed up

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

I also want to see the city fixed. In particular, I want to see that kitten waypoint near the most convenient bank fixed.

Although I have to say, it would be rather strange if the city simply returned to its past state. It would be very impressive if LA is rebuild with updated architecture rather than the boats and such, but apart from the cost and time, it might not feel like LA anymore. ArenaNet has made a rather unique problem for themselves.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

(edited by DoctorOverlord.8620)