The Positive Feedback Thread

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: fizzypetal.7936

fizzypetal.7936

Howdy Fellow Tyrians!!

I started this thread, formerly named the ‘Thank You Thread’, in the hopes that the GW2 Community would post their ‘thank yous’ to ArenaNet for working so hard at creating a game fans/players would enjoy. I thought it would be awesome if they received some positive feedback and a little snapshot of the players behind the characters throughout this beautiful virtual world. Seeing as how the post had a few hundred views and only two responses originally, I suspect there was a problem with how I communicated what I was asking for.

As the wife of an IT guy who has been for many years one of the unseen people working in the background at keeping things smoothly running, I know from him how disheartening at times it can be to only be noticed when on the rare occasion something breaks. Never receiving recognition for the fact that the majority of the time, all is working as intended and clients are happy.

Going through these forums and seeing all of the criticism – constructive and not – (especially the not constructive posts) towards Arenanet and other players – well, I just felt moved to try and get something together that might bring a smile to people’s faces.

So what I’m after:
What you like about the game
Who you are behind your character
What the game has added to your life (if anything)
A thank you

I get that there are those who prefer to remain anonymous – so feel free to skip the personal stuff. It would be great to see more people posting some kind of positive feedback to this thread though, so I hope you’ll join me in showing appreciation to the folks at Arenanet for a job well done.

(edited by fizzypetal.7936)

Posted by: ToT.7018

ToT.7018

Hi Fizzypetal, sorry to hear about you ill health hope things get better for you.
I’ve met some wonderful people to through GW2 and are now rl friends, had some really good laughs in this game to. It’s easy to get hung up on negative stuff in game i’ve done it myself but i think overall it’s a nice place to be.

Posted by: Derez.6510

Derez.6510

I love this game and put in 5 to 10 hours a day for the last few years.

It has hiccups sometimes but it get fixed quickly… in my view.

I joined Knights of the Silver Chalice a few months ago ‘my first real guild’ and they added even more to the GW2 experience.

2 of my sisters are going through breast problems so I wish you the best.

Long live Guild Wars.

fizzypetal.7936

I wanted to say thank you for your continued efforts to engage with the players and fans. It can’t be easy at times with lots of negative feedback when things go wrong. GW2 is a fantastic and beautiful game – I’m very much looking forward to playing it as it continues to evolve (roll on HoT!).

The things I love about this game are what keep me coming back, persuading others to give GW2 a go and to set up an EU guild directory for all things GW2. I love that I can play with my daughter in Tyria, there is no node or loot competition, doesn’t punish the casual player, beautiful landscapes, interesting content, lots and lots to explore, and you don’t have to use game mods. GW2 is not ‘buy to win’ and in fact is I think fantastic value for money, so much so I don’t mind buying gems from time to time for the fun stuff that pops up in the Gem Store.

I am a very proud 50 year old mom of two primary school aged children and a wife. One of my hobbies is playing MMOs – my husband got me started on WoW back in 2005. I’ve been playing GW2 since the first pre-release Betas. GW2 has been a wonderful escape at times because I’ve been doing battle in real life with breast cancer. I’ve had it 5 times since 2008 and am currently in treatment for my most recent occurrence in June.

Being able to hop on my Ranger and play with my online friends and my daughter has given me many hours of fun and some of the biggest laughs I’ve ever had playing an MMO. I have ‘met’ some great people, made a few good friends and have lots of fond memories. Thank you Arenanet peoples!!

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

I’ll just leave here this.

<3

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

With all things todo in tyria I love the blc keyruns the most. It’s the best personal story part <3.
Gw2 added around 3h awesome farms each day to my life. It’s just so great that I can still play gw2 after 3 years and still find thousands of great looking skins I can work towards.

Thats why I love to show my appreciation by buying some gems, because I know my money is always well used at anet to even more improve an already awesome game.

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

For many GW2 is a stable pillar in the now uncertain AAA MMORPG genre. This kind of game survives by catering to many playergroups to keep them comming back each day, week or month.
What stands on top, in my opinion, is how Anet handled account and character progression. Regardless if level was a right thing to implement or not, level 80 will always be max, exotic or ascended is always the best gear, there is no different stat for PvE or PvP it’s all the same, shared loot and “equal” rewards, in general players have a much easier time being on an equal footing, “regardless” of playtime/investment. Once you get “there” you’re set for life.
Other games chose to do a 180 with such decisions, but that gets old fast, it’s boring and tedious having to constantly get new gear, new levels, rince and repeat of the old mill. GW2 makes it possible for many to enjoy the game at their own phasing.
What Anet needs more of is the competitive scene, and looks like HoT is getting some of it but remains to be seen how well it is implemented. Anet has their vision of how they want to design their game, we have ours, and both parties can be either right or wrong in their judgement depending on the reading glasses. When we have something we always want change or what we have or new things. GW2 will never be the perfect AAA MMORPG but such a game will never exist and this game survives by being unique.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: xadine.7069

xadine.7069

I think that the fact that there is so many feedback is the proof that people enjoy the game.
Ofc there are quite a lot of people that just come to QQ without any good reasons, but if you skip those posts you realise that there are so much more post written by players that are seriously concern about the game and really want it to be better.

Just take a tour by the necro part of the forum and you’ll see. A lot of “this doesn’t work” thread, and yet 95% of posts are not about QQing, but actualy try to give good feedback to make the game better. Also recently Robet Gee got a lot of love letters from necro players, really happy to see someone taking care of us.

Anet know that we love the game and what we love, otherwise we wouldn’t spend time to think about what’s incoming and share our thoughts about it (like the defiance bar thread). Also most of the “this doesn’t works” threads are written by players with >3k hours wich is imo the proff that they love the game^^.

fizzypetal.7936

^^xadine.7069 Sometimes it is nice to get just a ‘thank you’, spelled out, with nothing else attached. I totally agree, the players that post here with constructive criticism do so out of a love for the game. I just think sometimes, a thread like this with no criticism attached, constructive or otherwise, would be a nice thing to read. An example: I know my family love me by the things I do, but it is really nice when they say the words too. And vice versa.

(edited by fizzypetal.7936)

Posted by: xadine.7069

xadine.7069

I made a thread just to say thanks for the black moa on WBE2 so don’t worry I do believe say thanks can be nice .

Posted by: Chyanne Waters.8719

Chyanne Waters.8719

When I saw this thread I figured it would be a good way to say thank you to Anet for so many years of Guildwars and Guildwars2.

Also if anyone reads this how Anet even though they deserve to make money it is not as important as making the player happy. Making them happy is subjective though. Where some players are fine with how things go at one time, they may not be on other things. Remember the old adage you can please some of the people……..

Any way how is Anet not as money hungry as other gaming developers.
When GW2 was first out there were quite a few bugs and problems with the game. What did Anet do? They shut down digital sales turned their sales people into support people and worked on fixing the game for the existing players.

They have a gem store similar to other games that have a special currency for items. Here is where it differs from most not all. The items do not give you any advantage over other players. The Armor Outfits etc. are skins, the gathering tools are unlimited, the boosts give up to 12 hours with a primer. You can get things in the Gem Store for real life money. Even though the gold to gem price is high you can still buy gems to get things from the store with in game gold (sorry free to play people cannot buy gems with in game gold) *whispers * I think they wanna have you buy the game

Recently Anet announced Free to play what makes this different you can play the entire game with some restrictions to chat and a couple other things. But you can level to 80 play all you want. Not sure how other games do it but if a F2P player decides to purchase the game all of their accomplishments remain and the restrictions are lifted.

All I can say is thank you Anet for not only making great games, but also for playing and understanding how other players may think. This game is the most versatile game ever made. It can change to anything Anet wants it to. Although sometimes it is a bit slow lol.

I personally played Guildwars since 2006 and Guildwars 2 from the 3 day head start. Although you would never know it since I still have less than 9k achievement points lol. I like the idea Anet made a game that does not charge for playing letting players use the money for other games they like instead. Again shows Anet is not a money grubbing company. Of course they do need money to operate so please support them they deserve it.

Thank you Anet for your games. And congratulations for now not just developing, but also publishing Guildwars 2 Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

There are a lot of things I like about this game. It’s gorgeous. I mean really stunning. The most beautiful MMO I’ve played, visually. I think the sound is first rate as well. I’ve enjoyed the various stories, not just Living Stories but the small stories that occur out in the open world, in various zones. I love the combat, and most of the professions. But most of all I love the cooperative nature of PvE, unlike so many other MMOs that make it so easy to grief. I love seeing another player show up, and not being afraid that player will somehow ruin my experience.

I’m a 53 year old man who cares full time for a disabled person. Fortunately we’ve got the money for me to be able to do that. I don’t get out as much as I like but I am a social guy, so Tyria and my guild gives me a chance to interact with others, and still be where I’m needed. The fact that my wife plays too just adds to how much time I can actually spend in Tyria, since I spend a lot of it with her.

So thanks Anet, though I’ve said it before, for giving me a beautiful world to lose myself in. And thanks fizzypetal for making this thread.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Too many things to list (and I’m also at work so I have to type fast), so I’ll just leave a simple thank you for 10+ years of quality and memorable entertainment.

And a special thanks to Gaile, keep being awesome. <3

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: paintpixie.7398

paintpixie.7398

What you like about the game:
That’s a very long list. Instead, I will just say how I got into the game, and what attracted me to it in the first place. My brother introduced me to the game. He had played GW, and he liked it, and he really liked this one, too. I was first attracted to the graphics (as always, with me). Then what really got me was the different cultures of the different races. It seemed a lot of thought was put into this world, and I was really interested in being a part of it.

Who you are behind your character:
I’m just a girl who likes to play video games.

What the game has added to your life (if anything):
Um. Something to do when I’m bored? Hehe…
It’s also very creatively inspiring sometimes.

A thank you:
Thanks for making a great game, for sharing this world, for allowing me to play in it.
Thank you!

Posted by: Leming.8436

Leming.8436

What you like about the game
I like that this game still works instead of crashing every 2 minutes
Who you are behind your character
Im a Ginger Hagrid and im proud of beeing souless husk.
What the game has added to your life (if anything)
Nothing, this game is a waste of time if you want to achive anything in your life
A thank you
Thank you Anet for not banning me yet.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Your core game is dope(that means really awesome)! Your permanent content is great! Armor sets we get to earn in game are gorgeous! More of those please! Characters have great animations! The world is beautiful! When BL Keys cost 25-35 gold for 5 of them, that was a fantastic value! Would be great if the items contained in the BL Chests matched how much gold they cost now!

Thanks for your awesome game!

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall