The Predator; Thank You!

The Predator; Thank You!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Carl.4890

Carl.4890

The Predator was seriously under-done compared to other legendaries. With this new update, you made it look amazing. Thank you.

The Predator; Thank You!

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Picture, man! picture!

:)

The Predator; Thank You!

Posted by: Carl.4890

Carl.4890

Here’s a shot in The Grove. It engulfs you in flames now!

Attachments:

The Predator; Thank You!

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Ah yes – very nice!

The Predator; Thank You!

Posted by: Rynn.1324

Rynn.1324

Is it so much to ask to get a legendary that actually looks like something an Asura would use? The rifle was the perfect opportunity for this, but no, we get stuck with more Charr-themed nonsense (just like the engineer turrets).

[Tarnished Coast] Lizzibeth Huffles, Asuran Genius (Engineer) at Play

(edited by Rynn.1324)

The Predator; Thank You!

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Just so you know the elixers are Asuran, as for the rifle its actually dragon themed(theres even a dragon head underneath the barre), but I guess with the whole fiery destructive nature you could confuse the two.

The Predator; Thank You!

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Personally I think it looks ridiculous/cheesy now and sold the precursor as a result. I would have been so annoyed had I gotten the legendary and had them changed it after all the time spent to get it…seriously uncool changing things people have worked at getting.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

(edited by Protoavis.9107)

The Predator; Thank You!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Is it so much to ask to get a legendary that actually looks like something an Asura would use? The rifle was the perfect opportunity for this, but no, we get stuck with more Charr-themed nonsense (just like the engineer turrets).

I wish the Quip was a high tech looking Asuran style laser pistol/blaster. Instead it’s the only Legendary I simply hate. :/

Personally I think it looks ridiculous/cheesy now and sold the precursor as a result. I would have been so annoyed had I gotten the legendary and had them changed it after all the time spent to get it…seriously uncool changing things people have worked at getting.

Many of the Legendarys were incompleted. This patch simply finished them.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

The Predator; Thank You!

Protoavis.9107

I wish the Quip was a high tech looking Asuran style laser pistol/blaster. Instead it’s the only Legendary I simply hate. :/

unfinished means a change in projectile colour despite the projectile colour already being vastly different from the default? Don’t believe everything you read…

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

The Predator; Thank You!

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Saw a video of the new predator and fell in love with it. I had no thought previously of acquiring any legendary but this one has got me and my warrior thinking differently about it.

The Predator; Thank You!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

unfinished means a change in projectile colour despite the projectile colour already being vastly different from the default? Don’t believe everything you read…

They didn’t just update a projectile. They added footprints, auras and various other effects that were lacking on most of them. They said they didn’t expect people to get them as soon as they did so people got things that were underwhelming. Like The Moot for example, which pretty much did nothing till this update.

People expected all of them to have visual effects on par with Bolt, Twlight and Incinerator~

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

The Predator; Thank You!

Protoavis.9107

They didn’t just update a projectile. They added footprints, auras and various other effects that were lacking on most of them. They said they didn’t expect people to get them as soon as they did so people got things that were underwhelming. Like The Moot for example, which pretty much did nothing till this update.

People expected all of them to have visual effects on par with Bolt, Twlight and Incinerator~

Missing the point, this was a redesign not just finishing something that was “incomplete” given that the changes aren’t all just an addition to what was there but a complete change on what was there previously to something else entirely.

Thematically I find the weapon now ruined and due to Anet’s seeming(and increasing) inability to release finished/tested products and been punished in wasted time and financially on obtaining parts that are account bound and I can’t get sell or “refund”. This repeating cycle of punishing their player base because they are releasing unfinished/untested content is making a pretty terrible name for themselves.

The Predator; Thank You!

Posted by: lightsheep.8673

lightsheep.8673

^^ agreed they shouldnt have changed the only thing that made it somewhat asuran – the purple projectiles and laser looking grenade barrage and wrench throw. I have it all done and most of teh coin saved for precursor but now it dont feel it is asuran at all so im torn about getting it. Does anyone know if the aura and steps work while using a engineer kit? or does it only work while using the rifle?