The Quartz Chrystal Drought

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Currently hovering around four and a half silver with a weak price ceiling up to 5s. Only 15kish supply ~5s which is roughly 750g, if someone seriously wanted to push the prices up this could get interesting fast.

Sold like 4k yesterday at ~3.9s ;3

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

Um…. You can Mine it…. PPl are to lazy to mine it, there is no Drought at all, just lazy players.

I have Stacks of this stuff, Let it go up in price so I can sell it and when Wintersday comes they be 75copper-1silver again.

Sinsiter gear was a huge 1 time push, It will steady back out.

SAB or RIOT

(edited by Faux.1937)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Currently hovering around four and a half silver with a weak price ceiling up to 5s. Only 15kish supply ~5s which is roughly 750g, if someone seriously wanted to push the prices up this could get interesting fast.

Sold like 4k yesterday at ~3.9s ;3

I thought I did well when I sold at 2.5s a while back (which was tons higher than the going rate at the time I listed them)

I should have seen it coming. All of the facts listed by Wanze were known back then; the drought was predictable.

Or in other words, since the Zephyrite ships crashed, the market for Zephryrite mats & goods skyrocketed. (I smell a conspiracy — which NPCs named Evon Gnashblade went long in Quartz?)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

fishball.7204

I sold around 50-100 stacks before it hit 3s just to hedge in case they brought it back before now. I bought at 24c which meant it was basically free gold anyway haha.

This is unchartered territory, never seen quartz supply lower than the demand. And yes you can mine quartz but even if you try really hard you can only get 20-ish per day and most people don’t try. Even expensive stuff like lemongrass you can park alt and farm but most people don’t do it. Quartz would have to be super expensive to motivate people to farm the nodes.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Someone just bought out all supply up to 10s.

About ten days ago, i bought like another 30 stacks at 3s and relisted around 5s, just to see, if my predictions were right about the time it will take to sell. I thought i would sell them next weekend but they sold a couple of days early.

Prices wont stay at 10s though and will go down a bit in the following days, i guess.

Usually, if buy outs are responsible for a price spike (just like now, from 5-10s and 40k down 15k supply) it motivates alot of investors to list their supply and undercut each other. And we end up with more supply on the tp than before the buy out.
So i wouldnt be surprised if we see 100 or even 200k quartz back on the tp before the weekend, when higher demand sets in again.

I doubt though that the price will fall back down below 5s.

There are undoubtly still millions of quartz supply left in peoples mat storage and banks but at this point, i dont think too many people, especially those with only a handful of stacks, are willing to put much on the market and rather keep it for personal use.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

It would only take like 1000 gold to clear out the rest of the supply. That’s kinda crazy. Somebody could just… decide to do that.

fishball.7204

I am curious to see if there are actually millions of quartz out there still. I know a lot of people have a few here and there but it feels like a lot of people made Mawdreys and other stuff to consume the quartz up.

I guess we’ll find out over the next week or so.

Meanwhile prices of quartz based items haven’t caught up with the price hike yet, such as charged ambrite.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Wanze.8410

I am curious to see if there are actually millions of quartz out there still. I know a lot of people have a few here and there but it feels like a lot of people made Mawdreys and other stuff to consume the quartz up.

I guess we’ll find out over the next week or so.

Meanwhile prices of quartz based items haven’t caught up with the price hike yet, such as charged ambrite.

I explained in one of my earlier posts that those sheets will take some time to adjust by regular demand (and not from speculators).
Many people who craft sinister or nomad gear for the first time, dont even know that you can buy them on the tp.

And just to play around a bit with some numbers:

If we assume that at least 100k people (which is a low estimate) at least filled up their material storage with quartz during the festival and through dry top and sold excess quartz on the tp, that would already mean 25 million quartz in peoples storage compared to the 8 million that were on the tp at that time.

The supply on the tp diminished by roughly 1 million per month but the playerbase used much more than that. Maybe we used up 10 million quartz per month, produced 6 million quartz per month and sold an additional 3 million every month that was lying around in peoples storage.

(edited by Wanze.8410)

Khristophoros.7194

How long do you guys suppose it will take before Anet introduces more sources of quartz? I forgot if this detail was covered in that huge analysis but it seems to me that the amount of quartz available in Dry Top is not nearly enough for the demand. I’m building Mawdrey and I can barely make the 25/day needed for the charged quartz. That includes paying my stingy friend 50s to use his home node. I missed out on getting that. And btw I’m paying that much because he has other nodes and a bandit chest too.

Wanze.8410

How long do you guys suppose it will take before Anet introduces more sources of quartz? I forgot if this detail was covered in that huge analysis but it seems to me that the amount of quartz available in Dry Top is not nearly enough for the demand. I’m building Mawdrey and I can barely make the 25/day needed for the charged quartz. That includes paying my stingy friend 50s to use his home node. I missed out on getting that. And btw I’m paying that much because he has other nodes and a bandit chest too.

Well, I would usually say that we get at least 1 festival before HoT, there are some npcs training for the gauntlet in new LA and we have the 3rd birthday coming up in August.
But that might be a bit optimistic as some Anet employees keep stressing the fact that they are totally focussed on HoT atm.

So now I think its unlikely that we will see another festival soon but that doesnt mean that they might introduce new faucets via different means.
They could opt to add small ones, like adding it to the loot table of the gifts made from shards/dust/dragonite, add it to heavy loot bags, so you are able to get some from wvw or lift the once per account per day on the nodes in DT.

But if I were you, i would try to get whatever quartz you need on buy order now.

Khristophoros.7194

Well, I would usually say that we get at least 1 festival before HoT, there are some npcs training for the gauntlet in new LA and we have the 3rd birthday coming up in August.
But that might be a bit optimistic as some Anet employees keep stressing the fact that they are totally focussed on HoT atm.

So now I think its unlikely that we will see another festival soon but that doesnt mean that they might introduce new faucets via different means.
They could opt to add small ones, like adding it to the loot table of the gifts made from shards/dust/dragonite, add it to heavy loot bags, so you are able to get some from wvw or lift the once per account per day on the nodes in DT.

But if I were you, i would try to get whatever quartz you need on buy order now.

It’s pretty kittened right now. 6+ silver buy orders lol.

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Looks like we are headed for a shortage. If that happens player might flood back into dry top to get quartz to sell or for personal use or both. If I had one small suggestion as not to kill our wallets. If Anet would allow the nodes in Dry Top to be harvested 3 times a day per account it could help tremendously.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Posted by: Pickles.9436

Pickles.9436

Toxic spores have been doing this for awhile since the patch with conditions. Surprised they havent sky rocketed with the food buff and utility consumables too.

And they’re just under 15k

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I bought 10 stacks yesterday at 4.05 silver from somebody who was unloading his inventory.

I relisted the stacks at 5.50 silver, which I though was a big risk. The profit margin is small and I was burning a lot of gold (for me) for a small return. Still I thought that was safe, because I doubted anet will do anything about Quartz anytime soon. In maybe a month or two, the price would rise and that ought to sell.

Two hours later, buy orders were higher than. 4.05 silver.

And this morning, I awoke to find that the stacks that I relisted at 5,50 silver were all purchased off the TP.

20 Gold just like that.

Tulip mania!

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

(edited by nekretaal.6485)

Wanze.8410

Toxic spores have been doing this for awhile since the patch with conditions. Surprised they havent sky rocketed with the food buff and utility consumables too.

And they’re just under 15k

I talked about toxic spore samples a bit on my other thread about economic changes with the 6/23 patch.

They did spike in price during the weekend after the patch, about 40%, but since then settled back down again. Compared to quartz they simply dont have enoguh constant demand. Their only good sink are the toxic nourishments and sigil of torment and for each nourishment, you need only 2 spores, which isnt alot, The nourishments also spiked in price during the weekend after patch, some nearly 100% but once everybody bought their first batch of nourishments, consumption died down since then.
Quartz is also used in nourishments but 6 instead of 3 different ones and you need 25 quartz per batch of 5 instead of only 10 toxic spores.
Quartz is also needed for 2 upgrade components, just like spore samples are, even those propably arent very popular compared to the sigil of torment, which saw some demand with the last blaance patch.
But the main difference is the demand for quartz from crafters of new gear and there quartz is used in 3 different ones and none for spore samples.

Toxic spore samples also have a more elasting supply as their acquisition is not hard capped per day per account. They have been hovering around the 10s mark for months now and i think that would be about the value that quartz will end up at for a long time as many players and investors would be willing to sell their supply at that price, me included.
Even though sell listings reached 10s shortly this morning, i would say that it will take at least a couple of weeks or another month for the buy order prices of quartz to reach 8-9s.

But at ~13g for a celestial insignia and 18g for an inscription, i am not so sure anymore, if the timegate or the price of a celestial set will be considered worse by first time celestial crafters.

Wanze.8410

I think its funny how items that are bought out in order to spark a price spike almost always end up with more supply on the tp shortly after. Its a good indication that there usually is more supply of any given item outside the tp.

I just checked my banks again, so see how much quartz i really have, its 80 stacks or 20k quartz, about 8k i sold during the buy out.
Might sound alot to some people but i actually have way more quartz stored in other forms.
40 stacks of sheets of ambrite, which need 5 quartz each, sums up to 50k quartz and 20 stacks of charged sheets of ambrite, which need 25 quartz each, sums up to 125k quartz.

As i said, 20k quartz will not have much of an effect on the quartz price evolution but 200k quartz overall means 2.5% of all the quartz that vanished from the tp in the last 6 months.
I suspect that many more people have some of those sheets stored away, which accounts for a decent chunk of all quartz supply.

And considering that both are still available way under crafting value is a good indication to me that those sheets are overproduced (presumably to earn crafting profession progression from 400-425) from the player base.
It doesnt really help that many players that want to craft sinister or nomad gear dont know that those are tradeable but i think if all people crafting that gear would start buying the sheets instead of buying quartz to make them themselves, it would take alot of demand from quartz.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

38k quartz vanished in 10 minutes Tuesday around 6p EDT and another 25k vanished in 10 minutes some 9 hours later. It wasn’t long afterward that the price shot up to 9s each, at least until supply recovered that 25k some 9 hours later. By then there were bids high enough to hold the sell price above 5s.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

I use mine on crafting some of the account bound consumables, which are even more delicious since they removed some particular stats from trait lines.

Cele gear is a sink for quartz but you don’t craft it all the time, while for consumbles the demand is constant.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Wanze.8410

38k quartz vanished in 10 minutes Tuesday around 6p EDT and another 25k vanished in 10 minutes some 9 hours later. It wasn’t long afterward that the price shot up to 9s each, at least until supply recovered that 25k some 9 hours later. By then there were bids high enough to hold the sell price above 5s.

Those 38k were actually listings taken off at 4s, the 25k were the buy out, about one third of those were mine.

Wanze.8410

I use mine on crafting some of the account bound consumables, which are even more delicious since they removed some particular stats from trait lines.

Cele gear is a sink for quartz but you don’t craft it all the time, while for consumbles the demand is constant.

as i already said, the sheets of charged ambrite are available under crafting value, so i dont know why you would use your quartz to craft them yourself.

And if the consumables were the main sink, there wouldnt be more sheets of charged ambrite being traded than we need.

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

That includes paying my stingy friend 50s to use his home node. I missed out on getting that.

Gift of Quartz? Not sure if I mis-understood you. If you missed this home node at the festival you can pick up one from the laurel vendor in LA I believe.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: Timiok.1048

Timiok.1048

Well I sure am happy I found a way to get celestial stats with different armor.

(edited by Timiok.1048)

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

The main sink is uncertainty.

We never know when anet is going to tweak our skills and we’re suddenly going to need a set of celestial or sinister armor.

Better to get the charged quartz that our characters and alts might need now, at today’s prices (as long as they stay low), than have to wait 30 days per character just to swap builds. Better to just charge a quartz as part of the daily routine.

Wanze’s right. The sheets of charged quartz for the consumables are not selling anyplace near as fast as the quartz crystals. I suspect players are just banking a lot of charge quartz that they dont even need (now, but might in the future)

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Wanze.8410

Well I sure am sure I found a way to get celestial stats with different armor.

Not sure what you mean.

Posted by: Timiok.1048

Timiok.1048

Not sure what you mean.

Well I found a way to get celestial stats without the armor itself, so I don’t need to farm for the crystals for the armor. I meant to say ‘I sure am happy ’ instead ’I sure am sure’

Wanze.8410

Not sure what you mean.

Well I found a way to get celestial stats without the armor itself, so I don’t need to farm for the crystals for the armor. I meant to say ‘I sure am happy ’ instead ’I sure am sure’

And how do you do that?

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

He probably means he’s found a way to balance his stats to get relatively equal values in each category ( like celestial) by using a combination of non-celestial gear and possibly runes.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

They should turn the old Bazaar of the Four wings map into “Aetherblade Cove”.
Make that their new base, with a neat series of events.

The Aetherblades would have found Scarlet’s plans for the marionette. And the steam creatures would have merged with the watchworks and moved into the Bazaar area to use the crystals as energy sources, and would have been replicating for some time.

The Aetherblades used that as an opportunity to rebuild the marionette, and use it to attack cities from the air, so they used Scarlet’s plans to create a second Breachmaker (without a drill this time), and Scarlet’s devices to control the “Steamworks” creatures to control them to power the new marionette.

Somehow they would have managed to get some of the remnants of the other alliances to work with them, so the Dredge would set shop with a laboratory there as a 1-path dungeon with daily rewards.

Players will have to fight them to prevent the marionette to be rebuilt again. If they succeed in stopping the marionette, the illusion hiding a second Nightmare tower is dispersed, and players get to go in and rush to the top for even more shinnies.

That way we get more scarlet armies to fight, we get to replay some of the old cool events, and Quartz Crystals nodes could appear at the end of certain events, and also be the ‘map reward’ for the map for events.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

i’d love to see bazaar back as a permanent area.

Posted by: SRoode.7318

SRoode.7318

He probably means he’s found a way to balance his stats to get relatively equal values in each category ( like celestial) by using a combination of non-celestial gear and possibly runes.

That is not possible at this point. You can balance all you want, but you will never get the overall total points that you get from Celestial. Though granted, some of those points may be where you don’t want or need them.

Wanze.8410

The market pretty much moved as i predicted, not nearly a week after the buy out, supply levels are back to over 100k, more than before the buyout. Price has settled about 25% higher as well.

I knew there was at least a small patch coming today, so i wasnt entirely sure, if they wouldnt add a festival or something as well. But Anet continued their content (and gem store) drought and now i dont think we gonna get any kind of patch, apart from hotfixes, until the end auf august and the 3 year anniversary.

And I expect only a small patch like today´s and the nthe usual 2 week gem store extrabonanza.

So we might as well be looking at least mid september until we can expect the next content patch which might add new faucets for quartz. Thats 6 weeks and alot of time, in the six weeks before the buy out, the supply on the tp went down from 2 million to 100k and the price doubled from 2s to 4s.

Which means i will hold on to my quartz a little while longer. For now i will try to sell around 10s, which might take another month. But I would keep back enough for my daily consumption until the end of the year. In a couple of weeks, we might even see charged quartz adjusting to crafting value but maybe not as fast as quartz will be going up in price.

Posted by: SKATE.1394

SKATE.1394

Any veteran player that’s been through a few Wintersdays or Bazaars/Jubilees should have a few hundred charged quartz by now.

The only people buying these are 90% speculators, some of which have already lost their kitten if they bought at over 5 silver per, and super casuals who can only use up to 25 of these a day, it’s a time-gated material…

Gathering the required 25 a day would be easy enough, these are much easier to obtain than watchwork sprockets for instance.

It just underlines the overall problem of how tedious and boring it is to gather materials in this game when even the most casual of players are willing to drop 1 gold a day instead of spending 30 minutes running around the map mining them.

If you have a stockpile sell them now, they’ll never be worth more. They’ll only continue to drop as the people that bought them for 4 silver + realize they made a mistake and aren’t gonna profit like they thought they would, and relist to recoup some of their investment. Then they’ll absolutely nose-dive when the next festival comes around.

If you bought these at 20 something copper a piece now is your best chance to profit. They’ll tank back to under 1 silver at some point and stay there for a long, long time. The cap on consumption of 25 quartz a day means they’ll never stabilize at 10 silver each, that was just a temporary flux from not very smart speculators.

Even if they did continue to trend upwards for some mystifying illogical reason, it would be very temporary, because people would start mining them for profit again, and they would drop, then hold.

Sell now.

(edited by SKATE.1394)

Wanze.8410

Any veteran player that’s been through a few Wintersdays or Bazaars/Jubilees should have a few hundred charged quartz by now.
Any veteran player who has been through a couple of festivals already got their cleestial anyways, the demand comes from new accounts from the sales. The veterans that have hundreds of charged quartz cant put them back on the market anyways.
The only people buying these are 90% speculators, some of which have already lost their kitten if they bought at over 5 silver per, and super casuals who can only use up to 25 of these a day, it’s a time-gated material…
8 million quartz werent bought up by speculators
Gathering the required 25 a day would be easy enough, these are much easier to obtain than watchwork sprockets for instance.
watchwork sprockets dont have a daily cap, quartz does
It just underlines the overall problem of how tedious and boring it is to gather materials in this game when even the most casual of players are willing to instead drop 1 gold a day instead of spending 30 minutes running around the map mining them.
Because the make 1 gold in 20 minutes by other means
If you have a stockpile sell them now, they’ll never be worth more. They’ll only continue to drop as the people that bought them for 4 silver + realize they made a mistake and aren’t gonna profit like they thought they would, and relist to recoup some of their investment. Then they’ll absolutely nose-dive when the next festival comes around.
only 10k got bought at 4 silver, it doesnt really matter, if that person puts them on the tp or not. Certainly correct that the price will crash if a festival with a quartz faucet comes around but i dont see any happening anytime soon
If you bought these at 20 something copper a piece now is your best chance to profit. They’ll tank back to under 1 silver at some point and stay there for a long, long time. The cap on consumption of 25 quartz a day means they’ll never stabilize at 10 silver each, that was just a temporary flux from not very smart speculators.
Again, it wasnt investors that were responsible for it, the quartz got consumed
Even if they did continue to trend upwards for some mystifying illogical reason, it would be very temporary, because people would start mining them for profit again, and they would drop, then hold.
Again, you cant farm them as they are limited nodes per day

Answers in bold.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I already said i have 70 stacks but that doesnt mean that I intend to sell them. I charge quartz daily since the start of the year, even though i dont have any need for it. But if Anet brings out new sinks for charged quartz, i will have enough and its also a way for me to store more quartz per slot.

It is quite surprising you go through all those trouble when you only have 70 stacks. Especially from a big time trader.

I dont’ even know why you go through all those trouble like mystic forge wood on the trading post. If I’m as rich as you, I won’t even bother with that. Especially you said you are not interested in legendary before.

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

With a watchwork mining pick, I can easily get around 25 sprockets in an hour. Gathering 25 quartz crystals per day is flat out impossible unless you have access to a home-instance node. The best you can do just mining Dry Top is three charged crystals every four days, and it isn’t all that easy since there is an additional favor restriction on the gathering.

There are three regular nodes and one rich node in Dry Top that can be harvested once a day per account (not per character), so you can only get 19 per day. (On a very lucky day I might get 20 or 21 if RNG gives me an extra gather.) Worse, access to the rich node requires at least tier 4 favor, which you may not be lucky enough to get if you have limited play time. So, as if the time gating weren’t onerous enough, you can’t even charge as many crystals as the time gating allows without jumping through some hoops (buying extra crystals and/or getting to a home node and a t4+ Dry Top map).

Wanze.8410

I already said i have 70 stacks but that doesnt mean that I intend to sell them. I charge quartz daily since the start of the year, even though i dont have any need for it. But if Anet brings out new sinks for charged quartz, i will have enough and its also a way for me to store more quartz per slot.

It is quite surprising you go through all those trouble when you only have 70 stacks. Especially from a big time trader.

I dont’ even know why you go through all those trouble like mystic forge wood on the trading post. If I’m as rich as you, I won’t even bother with that. Especially you said you are not interested in legendary before.

Mostly I trade for fun. Even though i dont need the gold, its a great measure of success because compared to most other game modes, the rewards in trading scales according to your skill.

And even though I mostly stopped using up my spirit shards to promote t1 mats because i expect new and better uses during HoT, its no much trouble at all.

I spent 10 mins tops per day to promote ~25 stacks and make 15g profit.

fishball.7204

It is beneficial to hoard as much time gated material as you can, especially the stuff you can’t profit from today. If there is a sudden spike and you have 2 stacks of the time gated mats, that’s basically cashing in hard.

Back on topic, no way am I selling quartz at 4s, even easier to gather items with less uses go for more than 4s. Since I bought all mines at 23-24c eons ago, even if the prices tank I’ve already made back what I paid for my quartz and the rest is just to keep around for fun times.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: Dirdyy.1648

Dirdyy.1648

I dont doubt that there are quite a few investors in quartz, I am one of them, but to believe a single player bought the majority of the 7 million quartz form the tp over the last 3 1/2 months, is simply ridiculous.

There have been many sinks added without a doubt. But to deny that even 30k gold is some insurmountable amount to invest for a few people is naive. A couple whales working together could get that easy. A single one could. Heck, you wanze could have moved this your self if you cashed out a bunch of other investments.

The thing that tells me it is an intentional movement of the market price as opposed to a natural upswing is the pace of the sales I got. Especially when it was moving from 40c(my lowest listings) to 1s it would go in spurts of a few copper at a time. Each one of those was a mass buy out not natural sales. If they were simple, normal usage i would have sold all of the ones at 55c one day and then a few days later the 56c listing would sell. I wouldn’t have been looking at my recently sold tab and seen listings sold for 55c, 56c, 57c, 58c all over a short amount of time. Not with the tens of thousands that were sitting at each price point.

To be clear I never said a single player, but a single player could do it. I know of a handful of people who have over 100k gold and I am not that well connected. Whether this would be a wise investment, for a single player, of that much gold is debatable but make no mistake about it a single player could easily pull it off.

Even regular consumers usually buy in bulk, at least 1 stack, they dont buy 25 each day just because they only need 25 each day. Some propably buy the 2500 they need for a full set at once. Now i dont know how much listings you had at every value but they would have to be substancial, about 50k or so, in order for you to determine, if those 50k were bought out by a whale or just a bunch of consumers that bought multiples of 250 each.

Your listings at 40c disappeared back in november, your listings between 55c-60c disappeared in january. Any data on the last 3 months, where the bulk of the supply went?

I know i checked my sales on celestial gossamer insignias over the last 4 months (took me around 3 hours to count this afternoon) and i sold insignias worth over 2.5 million quartz each month, 86% of those sales were single recipes, which indicates that they were bought by consumers, not investors.

For me, thats a huge indicator that the demand for quartz is in fact substantially higher than the mere 7 million we lost over the last 4 months. We propably consumed hundreds of millions of quartz since the start of the year.

My investment in quartz/charged sheets of ambrite/celestial recipes is propably around 3-4k gold with an actual lowest listing value around 5 times that high now.

Might sound much to some people but in the end, its just enough to cover the global demand for a couple of hours.

Anyways, if you think general demand in the last couple of months came mostly from investors, you are foolish to buy quartz now. If you think demand came from consumers, you better stock up now.

Wanze, u r market description about 3 month ago was ingenious and the market had behaved like u r predicted.

And yes, trading is fun, especially when u do it with friends.

Khristophoros.7194

That includes paying my stingy friend 50s to use his home node. I missed out on getting that.

Gift of Quartz? Not sure if I mis-understood you. If you missed this home node at the festival you can pick up one from the laurel vendor in LA I believe.

It costs 15 gold in addition to the laurels. I’d be better off buying all the quartz for mawdrey. Well I ended up doing that anyway because I’m lazy, and some extra because I expected quartz to go up more. Sadly it seems like people have started mining the crap out of Dry Top and the price is holding steady for now.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It costs 15 gold in addition to the laurels. I’d be better off buying all the quartz for mawdrey. Well I ended up doing that anyway because I’m lazy, and some extra because I expected quartz to go up more. Sadly it seems like people have started mining the crap out of Dry Top and the price is holding steady for now.

To me it looks like it’s primarily Quartz that’s coming out of inventory. Look at the quantities. At each price step it’s (mostly) selling by hundreds and thousands with individual stacks of 250 with one seller, until you get to 10 silver (which is the price it briefly hit wiping out all stock below that price). At 10 silver it abruptly changes to selling by single digits to 10s and the occasional 100s. All the stock from 10 silver and cheaper is new and is in large volumes and many with one or a few sellers

https://www.gw2tp.com/item/43773-quartz-crystal

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Khristophoros.7194

To me it looks like it’s primarily Quartz that’s coming out of inventory. Look at the quantities. At each price step it’s (mostly) selling by hundreds and thousands with individual stacks of 250 with one seller, until you get to 10 silver (which is the price it briefly hit wiping out all stock below that price). At 10 silver it abruptly changes to selling by single digits to 10s and the occasional 100s. All the stock from 10 silver and cheaper is new and is in large volumes and many with one or a few sellers

Oh good to know. Hopefully people drain out their reserves. Do you think this was triggered when that one dude bought like 5k at once?

Just a flesh wound.3589

Oh good to know. Hopefully people drain out their reserves. Do you think this was triggered when that one dude bought like 5k at once?

Personally I think it was triggered when prices hit 10 silver per. That was enough to catch people’s attention and drag stuff out of inventory. At 10 silver you can see 8k was put up, then after that it’s a series of undercuttings, of coure, until it hit current prices.

ANet may give it to you.

Khristophoros.7194

Personally I think it was triggered when prices hit 10 silver per. That was enough to catch people’s attention and drag stuff out of inventory. At 10 silver you can see 8k was put up, then after that it’s a series of undercuttings, of coure, until it hit current prices.

That was the incident I was referring to. All of the quartz up to 10s got bought at once.

Just a flesh wound.3589

That was the incident I was referring to. All of the quartz up to 10s got bought at once.

Yah. The sudden jump upward in price triggered it.

ANet may give it to you.

fishball.7204

There wasn’t much listed between 6-10s before the price spike which is why it jumped so fast

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN