The Risen in the Cursed Shore are too OP

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Exclamatory.8351

Exclamatory.8351

I attacked him, he screamed “Death!” and my game crashed. Nerf plox.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Get good!

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: TheBravery.9615

TheBravery.9615

This is a L2Play issue. OP is clearly inexperienced with the high skill required to play PvE in Cursed Shore. You have counters available at your disposal. Risen shouldn’t need a nerf until those kitten centaurs get nerfed first. If anything, some risen are comparably weaker than others and they need to be brought up to par.

This is a parody post lampooning typical player mentality when it comes to balance in general and specifically profession balance. First they call you out you don’t know the profession/mechanic, tell you to “git gud”, scapegoat to other professions/mechanics, and call for power creep.

Posted by: moony.5780

moony.5780

seriously???…………i kill 10 at the same time while yawning…

Posted by: Bambu.4270

Bambu.4270

They need to nerf some bosses too who use the Game Crash -skill.

That’s progress. Hooray for progress!

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

This is a L2Play issue. OP is clearly inexperienced with the high skill required to play PvE in Cursed Shore. You have counters available at your disposal. Risen shouldn’t need a nerf until those kitten centaurs get nerfed first. If anything, some risen are comparably weaker than others and they need to be brought up to par.

This is a parody post lampooning typical player mentality when it comes to balance in general and specifically profession balance. First they call you out you don’t know the profession/mechanic, tell you to “git gud”, scapegoat to other professions/mechanics, and call for power creep.

I dunno, if someone wanted a nerf to open world, especially core Tyria I’d be on the side of your parody. That’s like “nerf Dora the Explorer she’s too violent.”

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

I think most people didn’t get the joke Exclamatory.

On topic, try running the GW2 client with the -repair command and see if it fixes any corrupt files.

For more commandlines see: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

Interestingly I had a lot of crashing problems with GW2, repair didn’t work, new drivers, window refresh, underclock etc. However after looking at my event logs I spotted a problem – some other application was crashing my pc lol. Suggest looking at the Windows application event logs to get a feel for where the problem lies, you may get lucky

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Posted by: Exclamatory.8351

Exclamatory.8351

I think most people didn’t get the joke Exclamatory.

On topic, try running the GW2 client with the -repair command and see if it fixes any corrupt files.

For more commandlines see: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

I think only moony didn’t get it… Probably just read the title and replied without even reading my post. But ya, the game doesn’t crash often; every once in a while. I don’t consider it to be a problem until it happens consistently. If and/or when it does happen consistently I will certainly use your advice

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

seriously???…………i kill 10 at the same time while yawning…

But killing them 10 at a time is just too much effort, I want to kill 100, 1,000 maybe at each sword swing. While I am AFK…

…And have super auto expanding bags for the loot – don’t want to miss any.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

…And have super auto expanding bags for the loot – don’t want to miss any.

I could use these in the Silverwastes and dungeon-running. Even with 8 Orichalcum boxes+5 shared inventory slots, my inventory fills up too fast. Of course, I also carry 3 sets of armor and every toy the gem store offered, so…

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Interestingly I had a lot of crashing problems with GW2, repair didn’t work, new drivers, window refresh, underclock etc. However after looking at my event logs I spotted a problem – some other application was crashing my pc lol. Suggest looking at the Windows application event logs to get a feel for where the problem lies, you may get lucky

For over a year I had random crashes and tried to pin it down. When I upgraded to Windows 10, the first crash posted a message that was very clear instead of some random error codes that went nowhere.
My BIOS file was corrupted. Flashed it and my problems went away. They do still come back after a while but flashing fixes it. To this day I don’t know what keeps corrupting it.
Also make sure your BIOS is always up to date.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

This isn’t funny because it actually happened.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I wonder how many people really have read the op.

Computer crashes .. is a l2p thing … really ??

I would say those risen are Deadpool in disguise, breaking the 3rd wall

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I know it’s hard and requires perfect timing and a meta computer, but you can actually dodge this.

Also there’s this cheat you can run that silences all mobs, if you press F11 and turn Master Volume to 0 their evil screams don’t happen.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I remember when the first two sentences could be said unironically and getting good there was satisfying especially dodging the pullbacks While I wouldn’t call it “high skill” even then you still had to be aware and have some technique.

I did Cursed Shore just fine on an ele and thief wearing greens and yellows pre-nerf but still not full ’zerker.

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I heard a rumor that crashes won’t happen if you buy gems regularly

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Make sure your computer is plugged in.

Technical talk:
Computers have batteries that run down if not kept plugged in and the computer will crash (turn off). You should have gotten this cord thingie. On one end it has a thingie with 2 metal thingies sticking out. Look for a place on the wall with a plate thingie that has holes in it. Stick the metal thingies in the hole thingie. Then look at the other end of the cord. There’s a… thingie. Somewhere on the computer is a’ hole. Stick the thingie in there. If this is the problem, charging the battery will fix it.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Also there’s this cheat you can run that silences all mobs, if you press F11 and turn Master Volume to 0 their evil screams don’t happen.

This is the one. Ignore it so it never happens.

So sweet, so true.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Eggbutt.6213

Eggbutt.6213

I always crash whenever I listen to Macklemore…hey ANet, what’ve you got against him?

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Cursed shore was so much better before they dropped the density of mobs 3 years ago…

One of those maps you could not venture alone unless you had the right build.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.