The SAB decorations are incredible

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Just want to say thank you to whoever designed and implemented these! They’re really versatile, really big, and really good value for ingredients. Brilliant addition!

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

what else is there aside from the clouds?

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

what else is there aside from the clouds?

theres a list on the wiki
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Super_Adventure_Box#Recipes

Just want to say thank you to whoever designed and implemented these! They’re really versatile, really big, and really good value for ingredients. Brilliant addition!

do you have any screenies? I’d really like to see what they look like

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: telliani.5902

telliani.5902

I found a screenshot from someone else’s character:

http://i.imgur.com/gNkt9Ke.jpg

Geigi (Queen of the Dredge) – Mesmer
[HOPE] – Hope Remains, Crystal Desert

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Edited for misinformed info.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

okay so it’s all scribe stuff.. meh

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I’d say get as many clouds as you can now, and learn the scribe recipes after.

Paulytnz.7619

I’d say get as many clouds as you can now, and learn the scribe recipes after.

Ditto on this. Stock up now and use later.

Paulytnz.7619

I have not seen the decorations besides the clouds yet as my scribe is still low. It’s a shame that the scribe changes are still a few weeks away as I could have levelled up some to get to those new decorations, oh well only a few more weeks!

In the meantime however I did unlock about 60-ish clouds so far. With those I have managed to add a duel winding staircase in the front of our guild. Imagine walking into a large house with the typical winding staircase up and the typical chandelier above. That’s kind of how it looks lol, the basic flagpoles make good support beams.

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I have not seen the decorations besides the clouds yet as my scribe is still low. It’s a shame that the scribe changes are still a few weeks away as I could have levelled up some to get to those new decorations, oh well only a few more weeks!

In the meantime however I did unlock about 60-ish clouds so far. With those I have managed to add a duel winding staircase in the front of our guild. Imagine walking into a large house with the typical winding staircase up and the typical chandelier above. That’s kind of how it looks lol, the basic flagpoles make good support beams.

I’m making a stairway to heaven :p Time to get more coins

Paulytnz.7619

Haha that was my first thought/attempt too, just a shame we can’t recolour the clouds.

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Haha that was my first thought/attempt too, just a shame we can’t recolour the clouds.

I now have officially the highest point in our hall… I should find some recording software and record the glide down… It takes about 3 and a half minute. And gliding in first person is simply awesome.

Attachments:

(edited by LadyRhonwyn.2501)

Paulytnz.7619

I now have officially the highest point in our hall… I should find some recording software and record the glide down… It takes about 3 and a half minute. And gliding in first person is simply awesome.

What the……that can’t be right lol….

Do you have Lost Precipice?

LadyRhonwyn.2501

No, Gilded Hollow.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It’s an old quote but quite applicable here: “It’s photoshopped. I can tell by the pixels.”

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I want to make the Moto fountain that’s in the SAB lobby too though.

And I want to convert the guild’s balloons into SAB balloons.

I love that the portrait of Moto is Moto on one side and Mia on the other.

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

It’s an old quote but quite applicable here: “It’s photoshopped. I can tell by the pixels.”

No it isn’t. The staircase was made out of 382 clouds the last time I checked it in our GH. It starts right in the center of the GH south of the central WP. The path to the “updraft vent” (the one that vanishes when you get close or after a while watching it) is half way up the staircase.
The sandy area you see is on top of the rock formation that creates the ceiling for the mining area. You can easily hit invisible walls that are the boundaries of the rectangular box that surrounds the complete Gilded Hollow map.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

How are you able to put so many clouds together without hitting limits?

I’ve made JP’s and such, but always run into limits with placing more:( Are the limits less noticeable due to the vertical pathing?

LadyRhonwyn.2501

How are you able to put so many clouds together without hitting limits?

I’ve made JP’s and such, but always run into limits with placing more:( Are the limits less noticeable due to the vertical pathing?

Maybe, I was expecting to hit some walls a lot sooner… But I did go almost straight up from the center WP. (the main reason is so I can see how high up I am…)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

No it isn’t. The staircase was made out of 382 clouds the last time I checked it in our GH. It starts right in the center of the GH south of the central WP. The path to the “updraft vent” (the one that vanishes when you get close or after a while watching it) is half way up the staircase.
The sandy area you see is on top of the rock formation that creates the ceiling for the mining area. You can easily hit invisible walls that are the boundaries of the rectangular box that surrounds the complete Gilded Hollow map.

In that case I’m amazed because that sky and rock texture made me think it was an actual photo of a mountain top with the clouds pasted in!

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

In that case I’m amazed because that sky and rock texture made me think it was an actual photo of a mountain top with the clouds pasted in!

The sky and rock textures were quite clearly game textures to me.

Ven Zehn.6573

Yea just tried building a spiral upwards, and worked without issue, which is weird, but good:D

I mean, I’ve made JP’s with far fewer pieces spread out more, but hit limits quite easily.

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I’ve reached the ceiling! I have placed 412 clouds and when I jump on the top one, I disappear halfway into it.

I’m almost on top of the waypoint and that’s 27.459 away.

About the textures, I thought they were awesome, especially with that sun reflecting on the sand…

Ven Zehn.6573

Yea, sadly for my guild of 250 people, we only have 70ish clouds, most of which were mine lol /cry

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Yea, sadly for my guild of 250 people, we only have 70ish clouds, most of which were mine lol /cry

I agree, I’m mad about SAB All those clouds came from me, myself and I :p

Here’s some screenshots from the top. It was nighttime today, I’ll have to go back at daytime to make more…

Attachments:

Paulytnz.7619

Hahahaha you are crazy, must be “high” or something. All that air is getting to your head. :P

Crazy but COOL!.

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I agree, I’m mad about SAB All those clouds came from me, myself and I :p

Here’s some screenshots from the top. It was nighttime today, I’ll have to go back at daytime to make more…

Now dive to the water at the bottom. Record it, it will be the GW2 record. The drop will be so long that you will have to check your watch to see how long it’s taking.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

This inspired me to build my own stairways to heaven in our Gilded Hollow. We only just had enough clouds to catch a glimpse of Tarir for now, but guildies are already busy farming furniture coins so we can go further .

Attachments:

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

I don’t like them they remind me to much of Minecraft hope this stuff doesn’t show up in the guild hall I’m in

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Paulytnz.7619

Awesome stuff guys, I can see this soon turning into a competition of some sort.

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

I love it. I hv been building using the clouds in gh.
I tried to make it as a path swirl around the gh like a snake/eel :p pretty cool I say

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Talindra.4958

Here some screens

Attachments:

Australia

Talindra.4958

More coming in separate post as my phone doesnt hv the option for multiple attachmnt

Attachments:

Australia

Talindra.4958

One last I promise :p

Attachments:

Australia

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Everybody should build a Stairway to Heaven! It’s just an awesome feeling to simply glide down it, in first person. You’ll have about 4 minutes to enjoy it

Attachments:

Paulytnz.7619

Working on mine now lol. My duel staircase is still in place I am just extending it out to go up, up, up, and more up!

Posted by: Phoenix.5478

Phoenix.5478

I would like to post smth else than staircases and like the OP said:

They’re really versatile, really big, and really good value for ingredients. Brilliant addition!

Such potential T_T

I can’t believe that I am playing sims in gw2. If only they would implement a single decoration removal skill and double the current decoration limit per area, I would be extremely happy

I am looking forward to seeing the reduced prices of the rest decorations, because price is a limiting factor of our artistic creativity

Very good job Anet devs/designers. Thank you for all of those decorations (and for SAB ofc).

Attachments:

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I would like to post smth else than staircases and like the OP said:

They’re really versatile, really big, and really good value for ingredients. Brilliant addition!

Such potential T_T

I can’t believe that I am playing sims in gw2. If only they would implement a single decoration removal skill and double the current decoration limit per area, I would be extremely happy

I am looking forward to seeing the reduced prices of the rest decorations, because price is a limiting factor of our artistic creativity

Very good job Anet devs/designers. Thank you for all of those decorations (and for SAB ofc).

considering I’m the only one in our guild bringing in those clouds and we don’t have a scribe at a high enough level to craft the really fun things, we decided to wait till the scribing update. In the meantime I’ll just gather more clouds

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

I think people have not realized yet how insanely huge the Gilded Hallow is vertically.
This was me taking a screen shot of a huge arc that’s roughly over the big bridge leading to the central plaza with the way point. If I would turn around and look to the left, there is a tower not far away, with columns and staircases.

Attachments:

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

Posted by: Phoenix.5478

Phoenix.5478

considering I’m the only one in our guild bringing in those clouds and we don’t have a scribe at a high enough level to craft the really fun things, we decided to wait till the scribing update. In the meantime I’ll just gather more clouds

You can acquire like 16 bauble bubbles per day =160 clouds + 40 from the easy/fast furniture shops if u don’t need the super skins and I don’t think the price will drop much even after the scribing update because SAB decors need the t1 finishing kit, they probably wanted to keep SAB and future recipes cheap even b4 the aforementioned update. If you need a scriber I will gladly craft them for you, just whisper me in game.