The Santa Charr Thread

The Santa Charr Thread

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: FRoZeNooB.1629

FRoZeNooB.1629

Sweet! This is an awesome idea that will hopefully grow the already awesome community.

Thanks again.

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: cadmiumgreen.8712

cadmiumgreen.8712

Cold weather? What’s that — oh, like under 70 degrees, right. (I live in Arizona)

Come shovel my snow. In return I’ll give you 5 achievement points, a core Tyria mastery point, and a cup of hot cocoa with marshmallows. This will be the next part of Living World Season 3.

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: Lady Draco.6294

Lady Draco.6294

Love the Santa Charr!!! Such a great idea! Last year i met the gift dolyak (not sure of his name). He gave everyone a little gift who said hi

Also would love a little something different to look forward to in the holiday festivals. They cant always be the same please!

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Great idea…I do something similar…except I do mine randomly and just appear in different cities and give away some of the Wintersday gifts I collect.

Maybe we can hang one day…:)

IGN: Santa Odin

Attachments:

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: Willowfalls.9814

Willowfalls.9814

What a fun idea! I’m going to do jump on that bandwagon and get some gifts together for some random people too! Thanks for encouraging everyone to get into the true spirit this season!

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I have a Charr named Sandy Claws. I’ll have to bring her out of semi retirement and dress her up for the holidays. I think I’ll use the Prince Thorn outfit with the evil smile painted on the face.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Winter’s Day is for food!

I want a frostberry chocolate mint sunday recipe.

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: Sorin Noroku.5342

Sorin Noroku.5342

Omgosh! I’d love a gift from Santa Charr!!!!!! Put me on the naughty list for being part of the toxic alliance!

Attachments:

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: Titanium Pig.1462

Titanium Pig.1462

Santa Charr, what a nice idea sir. +1

Here there be dragons!

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: finkle.9513

finkle.9513

So much unhappiness, sadness, depression, doom and despair in the world right now. We need a glimmer of happiness, warm our hearts a little and bring the Wintersday festival sooner rather than later.

(edited by Moderator)

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: RupertAndi.6208

RupertAndi.6208

I personally can’t wait for the event, it’s my favorite one. Anyway I’m making a list and checking it twice. As of right now I have four fellow GW2 players that are going to get stuff. However, NO ONE is getting ANYTHING from the GEM store. It’s going to be all in game items. I already have a set of stuff I’m going to give out during the event.

Who can take part of the set stuff I’m giving out?
That’s easy anyone that plays GW2 this also includes ArenaNet staff.

How can I get on the naughty or nice list?
That’s also easy leave a naughty or nice comment on this thread.

Everyone will get stuff from me during the Wintersday Event and it might take until the end of Wintersday to get stuff from me. The naughty and nice list will vary on the set stuff I’m giving out.

Please be patient with me; if you can’t you’ll get put on the naughty list.

You can make a wish list if you like. But you may or may not get.

From your Santa Charr that looks like a Reindeer in a way.

Here Comes Santa Charr
Here Comes Santa Charr
Right Down Santa Charr Lane

He Doesn’t Care If Your Charr Or Not
’Cause He Loves You Just The Same

Santa Charr knows that we are all GW2 Players
And That Makes Everything Right

Fill Your Backpacks With Wintersday Cheer
’Cause Santa Charr Comes Tonight

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: Heimdall.9630

Heimdall.9630

Santa Charr,

I had been collecting wintersday presents to sell and profit from the season….

But have now been inspired to randomly donate to people during the season.

Thank you for reminding us of the true meaning of Wintersday.

Heimdall.

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: Zaree Nilerabanwen.2307

Zaree Nilerabanwen.2307

((The Santa Charr thread merged? Oh well… posting in here anyway because I am all for making Santa Charr part of personal lore…))

Dear Santa Charr,

First, it may be presumptuous, but I believe you are the one to thank for the Vincent dye I received last Wintersday. It is tricky between Tixx, my warband, and yourself, however, it was only in my letter to you that I mentioned accidentally breaking the vial I bought that summer. It seems a reasonable hunch that it was your paws behind the gift. If so, thank you.

Second, I would like to apologize for the overabundance of questions in my letter last year. I discovered, AFTER sending my bird, that Mala had been planting false information and having a personal joke at my expense. I can understand why my letter went unanswered, as you have greater concerns than correcting all the confusion of a misunderstanding. I am sure you had the insight to know I would realize my mistake.

Moving on to the annual performance review, Legionnaire Truthprowl assured me a generalized account of the year would be preferable to a detailed and documented dossier. On that note, let me also apologize for any unnecessary bulk I added to your paperwork with my, admittedly, lengthy reports of the past. Particularly, the substantial account in 1327. I know I said as much last year, but you have been most understanding in overlooking what was a particularly low year. I fully expected I would receive nothing but loose ore after that year. Well, you are well aware of the situation, so let me again just say that I will do everything I am able to continue to be worthy of Winterday merits.

Returning to the pertinent information, in as much as I can objectively review myself, I believe I have performed capably this year.

I have and continue to perform with excelling standards in training and in the seasonal physical fitness tests. I work diligently to be an asset to my warband and uphold the ethos that Legionnaire Truthprowl expects in a Truth soldier. My elementalist abilities are continuing to improve with my current dedication and specialized focus on specific spells that go toward enhancing our Warband’s operations.

Static remains a hazard, though this year has been most fortunate in the low number of affronted or unpleasant encounters. I am also pleased to report a record low in the annual tally of electro-mechanical related problems for which I bear some responsibility/may have unintentionally been the catalyst. In the interest of being brief, I have and continue to discipline my air attunement and rectify any poor situations that arise.

In a short, but conscientious review: I have faults, but not the sort that should give you reason to doubt my standing as a good soldier. My honor as a scout of the Truth Warband demands nothing less than an truthful and forthright assessment.

If you could, I would like to ask a favor of you this year: to give Erevu Truthecho some extra peppermint omnomberry bars to find in his barrackā€™s locker. Honestly, any sweet will do, but he is quite fond of those at this time of year. I believe it would be a well deserved reward for his excellent service this year.

As you do each year, may you tread lightly this Wintersday in the knowledge that your spirit of goodwill and karma is appreciated.

Walk softly,
Naevia Truthspark

Attachments:

(edited by Zaree Nilerabanwen.2307)

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: DocRimpel.5280

DocRimpel.5280

Dear santa

I’ve missed the cutoff but going to post anyway.
I’m intrigued by the naughty list so Ill try and qualify for both.
I think what you are doing is fantastic thanks so much for organising this. However Your mother was a skritt and your father smelt of winterberries!

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I have attempted to split out two threads about Wintersday. I will now clean up both threads to remove the oh-so-frequent complaints about the erroneous merging. I have apologized on the team’s behalf directly to Evga for the mis-merge, as well.

I’d like to remind everyone that the people who moderate this forum are human beings, and human beings can make mistakes. Having a dozen and more people complain about it is unnecessary and unkind. In the future, if there’s an error, please PM me — and post that you have done so, so that others don’t flood my inbox, as the thread was flooded with unnecessary chatter.

Thanks.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

The Santa Charr Thread

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I personally can’t wait for the event, it’s my favorite one. Anyway I’m making a list and checking it twice. As of right now I have four fellow GW2 players that are going to get stuff. However, NO ONE is getting ANYTHING from the GEM store. It’s going to be all in game items. I already have a set of stuff I’m going to give out during the event.

Who can take part of the set stuff I’m giving out?
That’s easy anyone that plays GW2 this also includes ArenaNet staff.

How can I get on the naughty or nice list?
That’s also easy leave a naughty or nice comment on this thread.

Everyone will get stuff from me during the Wintersday Event and it might take until the end of Wintersday to get stuff from me. The naughty and nice list will vary on the set stuff I’m giving out.

Please be patient with me; if you can’t you’ll get put on the naughty list.

You can make a wish list if you like. But you may or may not get.

From your Santa Charr that looks like a Reindeer in a way.

I want to congratulate Evga on such a nice idea, and thank them for being so kind. It sounds like a ton of fun (and a bit of work for Evga). Thanks for doing this!!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: Evga.2471

Evga.2471

I have attempted to split out two threads about Wintersday. I will now clean up both threads to remove the oh-so-frequent complaints about the erroneous merging.

I’d like to remind everyone that the people who moderate this forum are human beings, and human beings can make mistakes. Having a dozen and more people complain about it is unnecessary and unkind. In the future, if there’s an error, please PM me — and post that you have done so, so that others don’t flood my inbox, as the thread was flooded with unnecessary chatter.

Thanks.

Having said the above, as explanation for the changing nature of the threads/thread/threads, I want to congratulate Evga on such a nice idea, and thank them for being so kind.

We have apologized directly for the mis-merge, as well.

Thank you so much for clearing this up Gaile Gray. I will keep that in mind if a mis-merge like that happens again. Thank you again.

The Santa Charr Thread

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I have attempted to split out two threads about Wintersday. I will now clean up both threads to remove the oh-so-frequent complaints about the erroneous merging.

Thanks.

Having said the above, as explanation for the changing nature of the threads/thread/threads, I want to congratulate Evga on such a nice idea, and thank them for being so kind.

We have apologized directly for the mis-merge, as well.

Thank you so much for clearing this up Gaile Gray. I will keep that in mind if a mis-merge like that happens again. Thank you again.

You’re kind to be so understanding, and I thank you for that.

Again, I love that you’re doing this, and I know it’ll be fun for all involved. <3 !

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

The Santa Charr Thread

Evga.2471

Dear santa

I’ve missed the cutoff but going to post anyway.
I’m intrigued by the naughty list so Ill try and qualify for both.
I think what you are doing is fantastic thanks so much for organising this. However Your mother was a skritt and your father smelt of winterberries!

You didn’t miss the cut off it ends at Midnight PST tonight. That’s 3am EST for me.

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I just have to say I love the outfit you put on your charr! I didn’t even know we had santa themed pieces in GW2.

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: nanael the angel.2659

nanael the angel.2659

Fantastic Idea Evga.2471 , thank you for creating such an event and may your Wintersday be a happy one!

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Hey! The spirit of Wintersday has returned!
Hoorah!

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

I just love this initiative! Can’t decide if I should go for Nice or Naughty… I feel a bit selfish for actually tagging along (I’m Swedish, we’re odd that way) so I think Naughty fits best!

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

This is pretty exciting! I usually try to do something similar for my guild every Wintersday, and this year we’re doing a Sekrit Skritt event (secret santa, basically) that looks to be a lot of fun. If I get anything, thanks, but don’t feel obligated! Cheers either way.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: skyhawk.5149

skyhawk.5149

What a fun way to bring more christmas spirit to Tyria

Retired Oceanic Commander of Eredon Terrace

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: kaito.2469

kaito.2469

Dear Santa:
I don’t want anything in specific, I just want to say that you are awesome c:

Santa Charr is the best!

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Merry Meowmas.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

’Twas the night before Wintersday, when all through the fahrar
Not a creature was stirring, not even a carebear;
The meatsticks were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that Santy Charr soon would be there;

The cublings were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of catnip danced in their heads;
And mamma in her ‘kerchief, and I in my non-clipping cap,
Had just settled down for a long winter’s nap,

When out on the iron porch there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
Away to the window I flew like a flash,
Tore open the shutters and clawed open the sash.

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow
Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below,
When, what to my wondering eyes should be seen,
But a miniature sleigh, and eight tiny Quaggan,

With a little old driver, so shiny and lit,
I knew in a moment it must be the Great Skritt.
More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,
And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name;

“Now, SHINY! now, SHINIER! now, SHINIEST and EVEN SHINIER!
On, SHINE-ON! on MORE SHINE! on, SHINEY SHINE SHINE and BLITZEN!
(”That doesn’t rhyme, Stupid!" one said from the wall.)
(“No matter, run away, run away, run away all”)

And then, in a twinkling, I heard as if in slippers
The prancing and pawing of each little flipper.
As I drew in my hand, and was turning around,
Down the chimney The Great Skritt came with a bound.

He was dressed all in fur, from his head to his foot,
And his clothes were all shiny (despite ashes and soot);
A bundle of toys he had flung on his back,
And he looked like a burglar just hiding his rucksack.

His eyes — how they shined! his dimples how shiny!
His cheeks were like silver, his nose was… so tiny!
His droll little mouth was drawn up like a mop,
But the beard of his clipped so it was removed from the gem shop;

The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth,
And the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath;
He had a skinny face and a little thin tummy,
When he laughed, it sounded like he ate too many gummies

He was short and tiny, a right smiley old elf,
And I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself;
A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,
I realized I should hide all my brood’s best silver.

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
And filled all the stockings; then turned with a jerk,
And laying his finger aside of his nose,
And giving a nod, up the chimney he rose;

He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle,
And away they all flew like the down of a thistle.
But I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of sight,
Merry Wintersday TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD-NIGHT!

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

Santa charr, santa charr. Does whatever a santa charr can

Which is claw people’s eyes out and give gifts; I know which one I want

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

The Santa Charr Thread

Evga.2471

Just want to thank every one for commenting on this fantastic thread

Well everyone the thread is nearing the end of it’s cycle in just a few hours this thread will come to a close.

If you are just reading this you still have time to comment on this thread. You better hurry because; exactly at 12am PST tonight (December 7th, 2016) Santa Charr will no longer add anyone to the Naughty or Nice list.

Santa Charr will return next year. With the same thread but a clean slate. So don’t Fret and Frown if you missed your chance to leave a comment. You have next year to look forward too.

Santa Charr (name, Krosan Beast) will be in the Wintersday area so if you see him, say Hello and wish him a Merry Wintersday. Santa Charr will be doing pictures this year.

YES! You heard right get your picture with Santa Charr!
Santa Charr will be doing Pictures this year. So get your pictures taken before Wintersday ends. Please do not crowd around him because it will be hard to take the picture if you do. All we ask is to make a single file line to get your picture (one at a time, thanks). Please limit yourself to three pictures as the line can be very long. Thanks for your understanding and see you during Wintersday.

Upon Special Request:
Santa Charr will do group pictures for guilds and small parties. For large and small groups please limit yourself to, two pictures as there might be a very long line. Thanks for your understanding and see you during Wintersday.

“P.S”
I’m going to give a shout out to:
Hamfast, RupertAndi, Zaree Nilerabanwen, and Illconceived Was Na; for leaving amazing comments YOU ROCK!

Also a special shout out to:
Galie Gray, Thank you so much and keep up the awesome work you do at ArenaNet.

I want to say this:
This is a very big thing I’m doing for the community. Please be patient with me because I’m going to be very busy this December. I’m getting every thing ready for my new career and I have to relocate for my new career starting after the new year. I need time to get it all in motion.

With this all being said:
I want to wish every one a Merry Christmas and a Happy New. Please be safe out there and Happy Holidays.

Thanks,
Evga.2471 AKA: Santa Charr (That looks like a Reindeer) The name of Santa Charr is Krosan Beast.

Attachments:

(edited by Evga.2471)

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

What a wonderful idea.

Happy Wintersday!

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I still think this is the cutest thread ever. <3

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: djcave.6975

djcave.6975

I’m naughty because I’m only just noticing and posting in this thread now!

But I’m nice because I… um also have a Charr character!

But I’m naughty because I’ve been playing GW2 since shortly after it began and yet this will still be my first Wintersday Festival! (I can finally get some of those snowflakes for crafting! YAY!)

But I’m nice because I love GW2 and try to get everyone I know into playing it!

But I’m naughty because I love the Personal Story even though none of my characters have progressed beyond ‘The Battle for Claw Island’ due to my altoholicism! (I’m determined to at least finally finish season 1 this holiday though!)

But I’m nice because I don’t need a present from Santa Charr – the friendly community in this game is present enough! :-)

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Mmm, can I get one of those Santa Charrs in some Emperor’s New Robes stuffed in my stocking this Wintersday? Mrrrow ;P

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: Bobby.3721

Bobby.3721

Cool idea, merry Christmas and happy meatober fest!!

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Charrrrrtastic15

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: Librascythe.3152

Librascythe.3152

This is a great idea, and great way to spread some joy around.

And of course reminded me about the secret santa that is usually held during this year that i need to track back down.

Which was easy.. secret toymaker… not up yet sigh

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: Temerity.5239

Temerity.5239

Always so happy to see this sort of generosity and goodwill.

Let me know if Santa Charr needs any toymaking assistants? I just might know a few unemployed quaggans.

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: Titan.8215

Titan.8215

This is a great initiative, you’re awesome.

PD: Even I hate Charrs, yours seems lovely

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: Dukotje.4382

Dukotje.4382

pls put me on the naughty list
your charr looks fabulous tho!

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: costepj.5120

costepj.5120

I don’t need anything, but I applaud your generous initiative. I will ask my Skritta Claws to do the right thing this year :-)

So long and thanks for all the skritt

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: Ana.2415

Ana.2415

Omg Santa Charr!! So cute <3

Nice idea! I love this Wintersday spirit!

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: viv.1892

viv.1892

Santa Charr… YOU’RE BEAUTIFUL

The Santa Charr Thread

Evga.2471

Thanks to everyone that has left a comment. I see three other’s commented after the cut off time.

Santa Charr will give something to those three people as well.

Anyway look for the thread next year I’ll be doing the same thing if everyone enjoys what they get. Also if you commented on this thread you can do the same for next year.

Santa Charr will be giving out the first round of presents start the first day of Wintersday so keep an eye on your in game Mail. Plus if your in game mail box is full, please empty out unwanted messages so you can get your presents. Thanks everyone, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: Ghost Nightstalker.7163

Ghost Nightstalker.7163

Awesome Charr mate! And a wonderfull christmas spirit.

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: Sonoroho.5093

Sonoroho.5093

This is awesome!! If you need a friendly Norn Elf…I got your back!! <3 <3

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

As a full-height Norn, I want to be your elf side-kick!

NSPride <3

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: Drangel Moror.8014

Drangel Moror.8014

Awesome idea! Love the look of Santa Charr. Hope you have a Merry Wintersday!

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: Vayradryll Orzyd.6813

Vayradryll Orzyd.6813

Merry Wintersday! What an amazing endeavor you have taken upon yourself, so very generous. Part of why I love playing this game is how helpful people are, thank you for reaffirming that. I hope you are fortunate this Wintersday and receive something you really wanted/needed in return for the joy you spread.

The Santa Charr Thread

Posted by: Blue Leviathan.9350

Blue Leviathan.9350

Merry Wintersday everyone! I hope happiness and joy find all of you this holiday and for years to come.