The Self-Sacrificing Class?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

A Class who Sacrifices his/her Desires for the sake of others.

A Class who Sacrifices his/her Personal Interests for the sake of others .

A Class who Sacrifices his/her Well-being for the sake of others.

A Class who will Sacrifice himself/herself To Save The Life Of Another.

A Class who Act in the Best Interests for their community/party/group.

A Class who Sacrifices his/her Purpose for the sake of duty.

A Class who Sacrifices his/her Ego for Supporting others.

A Class who Sacrifices his/her Ego for the Well-being of helping others.

A Class who Sacrifices his/her Pride for the Compassion of “The Under-Achieve”- “Lesser” class.

A Class who Sacrifices his/her Grandiosity for Uplifting others.

A Class who Sacrifices his/her Survival for the Freedom of others.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Posted by: Estic.8647

Estic.8647

Mesmer?

15 chars

Posted by: Safer Saviour.9685

Safer Saviour.9685

Mesmer?

15 chars

Mesmers are the opposite of this – mind and reality manipulators.

This sounds more like the Guardian.

Posted by: Ision.3207

Ision.3207

Well I don’t know what class you’re talking about yet, but I do know which class it can’t be, and that would be the Ranger.

Because with one, and ONLY one exception, there is absolutely nothing about the Ranger class that makes it a poor class compared to others. They are rock solid in sPvP, among the very best in over-world PvE, and hold their own quite well in WvW. Naturally, there are adjustments that need to be made, skills that need refinement and so forth — but this is true of every class in the game.

As to that one and ONLY exception, that’s obviously PvE dungeon grouping. But if/when Anet were to add a simple “dungeons ONLY pets take 50% less aoe damage” (or some other simple alternative like this) … then this too will become a non-issue.

So I know it can’t be Ranger you’re talking about, and it’s not likely you’re talking about Guardians, so …. help me out there Burnfall baby, which class is it?

Colin Johanson to Eurogamer: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.
We want everyone on an equal power base.”

(edited by Ision.3207)

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Clearly, this ‘Class’ is the classic Wa/Mo!

Or maybe Paragon…

Ritualist?

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

Warrior

You sacrifice all self-respect by being the most fotm class by far in pve and being the class most laughed at in PvP

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Unfortunately these days when you use the word sacrifice people run away in masses. Especially when you talking about sacrificing personal interest, ego and grandiosity.

The Burninator

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

any support-built class.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

seems to fit the dedicated healer and the full tank of the holy trinity.
i would say, the full cleric healing banner warrior with a secondary job of being a stunner!! he won’t score a kill,.. he won’t do any damage.. he won’t roam.. he won’t loot.. he’ll be focus fired.. he won’t see anything good, other than green text all over.!
with the holy trinity gone.. usually though..
i seldom see people play a support role, let alone paying attention to other peoples health bar! just self heal that have a potential splash to other players..

Posted by: Estic.8647

Estic.8647

Necromancer it is then…

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

On my altruistic Warrior build I sacrifice all my survivability for welfare of the team.

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

And no one mentions Guardian?

Guardian pretty much sacrifice his virtues for the greater good.

Need more overall damage? Use Virtue of Justice to make everyone around you take a bit of extra damage. Your party needs healing? Sacrifice your passive healing for a good heal on your party members. The enemy is making a big AoE? Use Virtue of Courage to apply a block on everyone around you.

Then of course you can build your Guardian to be very, very selfish and not help anyone, but I would say that the Guardian is the profession that sacrifices himself for the greater good the most.

A Class who Sacrifices his/her Pride for the Compassion of “The Under-Achieve”- “Lesser” class.

This, however, does not fit the Guardian.

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Guardian benefits his own utilities equally. Mesmers tend not to.

The classic mainstays everyone loves mesmer for – Signet of Inspiration, Time Warp, Portal, Mass Invis etc all cost the mesmer a utility slot/elite slot, yet are of virtually no benefit to themselves (“Portal bot go!”). While those delicious ethereal fields, null field and feedback; have selfish counterparts on shorter cooldowns. The most selfless mesmers of all can maintain protection, regen, heals and aegis on a team more reliably than a guardian

So, next time a mesmer is healing you, or sacrifices all their clones to distort though an AoE to rez you, or timewarps you, or gives you their boons or mends your conditions…. just remember they’re giving up some of their best utility slots and traits for your benefit

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast