The Sheath of the Katana

The Sheath of the Katana

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nova.8021

Nova.8021

It vanishes when the weapon is drawn. Is there no way around this? I hope that’s not the final product because it would be a disappointment if that was the case. Might as well not even design a sheath if the gw2 engine can’t be modified around it.

Anet, pls

The Sheath of the Katana

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

It vanishes when the weapon is drawn. Is there no way around this? I hope that’s not the final product because it would be a disappointment if that was the case. Might as well not even design a sheath if the gw2 engine can’t be modified around it.

Anet, pls

Id rather have no sheath and avoid clipping issues tbh.

The Sheath of the Katana

Nova.8021

That’d be a better option than just having it disappear IMO

Edit: Maybe they can have a check-box feature like with armor?

(edited by Nova.8021)

The Sheath of the Katana

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

I hope they release that katana soon. I just bought the ninja outfit and gave to my ranger, now i’m just missing the ninja weapons. I think anet will release then as black lion skins, maybe they will make all the weapons on that style, like the dagger can be a re-skinned version of spark and so on.

The Sheath of the Katana

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Anet, pls

Honestly, I’d prefer the sheath as it is for the sword than having yet another unsheathed weapon. Drawn, it’s no worse than it is with any other sword, and stored it finally looks right.

Yes, having the sheath stay when the sword is drawn would be better. This is still a large improvement, though, and I’ll happily take it. I’m guessing it’s based off of the same tech/trick that they use to make some weapons start/stop particle effects when drawn/stashed. Having the sheath stay when the weapon’s drawn would take a lot more work. Work that I’m sure they (and some others) feel could be better used in other areas of the game.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

The Sheath of the Katana

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Suggestion: make the sheath a back item.

Question: Are we commenting on an item that still doesn’t exist for players yet, or has something come out that I don’t know about?

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

The Sheath of the Katana

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Question: Are we commenting on an item that still doesn’t exist for players yet, or has something come out that I don’t know about?

It’s an item worn by one of the new LS characters, and it can be seen in the Wardrobe. I believe it’s under a second entry for “Iron Sword”, you need to go to a bank to see the weapon model. Try looking at it stored, then drawn.

As for making the sheath a back item, that’s an interesting suggestion. But, what happens when you change to a second set of weapons? You’re stuck with the empty scabbard on your back. And if you make the scabbard AND sword the back item, then it’s still going to show as stored away when you draw it and fight with it.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

The Sheath of the Katana

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

It’s an item worn by one of the new LS characters, and it can be seen in the Wardrobe. I believe it’s under a second entry for “Iron Sword”, you need to go to a bank to see the weapon model. Try looking at it stored, then drawn.

Yeah I thought it was still this case, which is why I’m left wondering why people are complaining about an item that is not available for PCs, as if it is!

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

The Sheath of the Katana

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

Anet, pls

the sheath should replace back item when the nodachi is drawn for combat.

The Sheath of the Katana

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

I think the sword should just be permanently sheathed even when drawn tbh.

The Sheath of the Katana

Nova.8021

I think the sword should just be permanently sheathed even when drawn tbh.

I can appreciate the desire to beat someone with a blunt sword.