The State of Mini-Pets

The State of Mini-Pets

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Wolfy.3708

Wolfy.3708

Hello, I have never made a forum post before, but I felt I should make a discussion topic after seeing the current state of the in-game miniatures.

I personally find it very difficult to enjoy a mini that I have purchased because of the limitations in-game. Some of the various things that I believe should be fixed are:

- Having to re-equip a mini upon entering a new instance
- Minis having to be re-equipped upon moving them in your inventory/bag (very annoying when using the “compact” button to sort your items)
- Having to re-equip a mini after dying and being revived/ way-pointing

With these issues, the mini pets aren’t as enjoyable as I think that they could be. With a few simple adjustments, I believe that there would be a huge increase in the amount of players being seen with minis, and also a rise in the market prices of minis as more people would want them.

A quick suggestion to fix could perhaps be to create a mini-pet equipment slot on your character.

Thanks for reading.

Creator of Quaggan’s Press (my blog!)

The State of Mini-Pets

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

I would fully support this. I love my minipets but I just can’t be bothered to constantly remember to find it in my inventory and double click it.

The equipment slot idea actually occurred to me as I was reading your post and then got to the end and saw you suggested the same. So obviously I think the suggestion is a good one.

The State of Mini-Pets

Posted by: CalvinHobbes.3541

CalvinHobbes.3541

There are invisible inventory bags that can be used. Items in these bags will never appear in a sell-to-vendor list and will not move when inventory is sorted.

“It’s a magical world, Hobbes, ol’ buddy… Let’s go exploring!”

The State of Mini-Pets

Wolfy.3708

Yes CalvinHobbes that is possible, however it does not address the issues of having to re-equip after death and changing instances.

The State of Mini-Pets

Posted by: CalvinHobbes.3541

CalvinHobbes.3541

At least it solved one of your issues.

“It’s a magical world, Hobbes, ol’ buddy… Let’s go exploring!”

The State of Mini-Pets

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

I hope next time when polymock is up, mini pets can be used.

The State of Mini-Pets

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

This is how it should be done:

- The mini-pets collection is viewable anywhere, via its own menu. Mini-pets are summoned/dismissed directly through the menu.

- Mini-pets are not considered “inventory,” and thus do not enter your bags at any time, nor do they get dismissed when you “Deposit All Collectables.”

- A summoned mini stays with you indefinitely, until dismissed, or until you summon a different one

- Right-clicking on a particular mini’s slot in the menu displays the usual options for Buy/Sell on Trading Post.

The State of Mini-Pets

Posted by: Bloody Zac.8960

Bloody Zac.8960

Great idea. 10 points for you, good sir.

The State of Mini-Pets

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

This is how it should be done:

- The mini-pets collection is viewable anywhere, via its own menu. Mini-pets are summoned/dismissed directly through the menu.

- Mini-pets are not considered “inventory,” and thus do not enter your bags at any time, nor do they get dismissed when you “Deposit All Collectables.”

- A summoned mini stays with you indefinitely, until dismissed, or until you summon a different one

- Right-clicking on a particular mini’s slot in the menu displays the usual options for Buy/Sell on Trading Post.

/Signed. Pretty much how Ranger pets works. Put in a new equipment slot that works like Ranger f4 and problems are solved.

The mini slot was brought up at least as early as Headstart, so it’s clearly something that people want changed.

Give me persistent Ranger pet names first though…

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

The State of Mini-Pets

Wolfy.3708

I honestly do hope we can get an ArenaNet response on this. I would love for some of these issues to be fixed or some of the features you guys came up with to be implemented.

The State of Mini-Pets

Posted by: CameronJames.4897

CameronJames.4897

Yes please. I love minis but feel they are being underused because of this! It doesn’t even sound like a hard thing to do. I remember the same issue in WoW also, when i played ages ago.

As a warrior it would be nice to have a permanent companion!!

The State of Mini-Pets

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Shouldn’t this be in the suggestions forum, not the GW2 discussion one?

I like the option someone pointed out, that we should have an equipment slot (in hero panel/menu), with the option to toggle on/off (like backpacks).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

The State of Mini-Pets

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

The State of Mini-Pets

Posted by: Aziff.3248

Aziff.3248

Would love to see mini-pet slot. I am totally support this idea.

+1600 hours played as Asura Necromancer | Miniature Collector
Pain Killer [pK] | Blacktide EU | PVE: Corruptionmancer | PVP: Support Wellmancer

The State of Mini-Pets

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback. Please, if you aree with what has been exposed here, joing the thread provided by Geikamir so that we can keep track of this suggestion.

Thanks for your undestanding. This thread is closed

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Mini-Pet-Slot-1/first#post1048442

(edited by Moderator.1462)